/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel like alone and no1 2 help me with islam

taheera
01-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Assalamu alaikum my name is kat and im a revert i feel so bad in myself as i feel i'm not doing my duties for Allah(swt) and Islam. I was living in a community that was mostly made up of muslims and islam classes and lectures but recently i moved to the country with my mum who's Catholic and all i have are round 6 books and the internet to help me learn but i dont like getting info of the internet as honestly i do not trust it.
I have so many quectons that i'ld love answered but because of my limited contacts to Islam i feel fustrated. If anyone has advice i would love to hear it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
01-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Assalaimu alaikum sis. Do not think one will say "I believe; and one will not be tested" (I can't remember the exact quote or what ayat it is from). So one need to be patience and know that Allah(s.w.t) is closer to you than one's Jugular vein.

Have one tried to find contact with other muslims sisters in where you live? Is their a masjid nearby? Try to find out.

...and about your information. Don't worry sis, we will help you. Smile :). I too relied much on info from internet and few book, also their is plenty of info on the net and I know what you mean about the internet. You stumbled across many site that offer dis-information and I know that can hurt your emaan (faith), I know I probably can list them of the back of my head, but don't worry here is a site that inshallah will offer you correct information as best to our ability and availability aswell as reference to book's.

P.S never be afraid to ask questions ( You can do that in the "Basic" or Discover section". You can also check out the "Discover", "Basic of Islam" and "Mutimedia" section that will offer what you need, Inshallah, and if you came across material that is really problematic in nature then you can mention it in the "refutation" section.

So cheer up you are amongst your brothers and sisters in Islam (aswell as few guest).

samsam
01-12-2007, 08:02 AM
visit this website: www.sultan.org it is very usefull

taheera
01-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I thank you for your reply i understand and have learnt alot to get my threw my days. Without souding like im over reacting i honestly do think im the only Muslim where i am there are no mosque's or any book stores that sell islamic material. Insha Allah this web site will help me and answer the quections that i need to know.
Thank you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-12-2007, 10:06 AM
aslam alaikum Kat sis and welcome to Islam

Hope you are well and not too lonely sis. InshaAllah you won't feel too lonely on LI. We are you family after all. :)

For learning about Islam, I think it's easier to read a book than to read huge amounts of text from a screen. There is a great thread where members have recommended some great reads. Here is the link inshaAllah. May you can order books from the internet if they are difficult to get hold of otherwise.

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...end-book.html?

I also invite you to read the 'Fundamentals of Taweed' by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips. Excellent!

What about the Quran? The best Book of all? If there is anything you don't understand please don't hesitate to ask questions inshaAllah.

There are also a few sisters from Australia on the forum. I will request them to contact you inshaAllah. Even if you don't live close to each other, you won't feel so lonely knowing they are just a email/phone call away. :)

Also when you reach a certain number of posts (can't rem how much) you can join the sister's section inshaAllah. So get posting sis. can't wait to see you there! :)

wa alaikum aslam.

taheera
01-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Jazak Allahu khaira. Thank you so much for your help. So for me to go into the sisters forum what do i have to do just keep msgn pretty much?

Rabi'ya
01-12-2007, 10:22 AM
:sl: sis

i understand how u feel. ima revert too and i used to live in an area where there were few(if any) Muslims and i didnt have many resources around me. This site alhamdulillah is really gud and keeps u in touch with other sisters. InshAlah it will be a fgreat hlp to you.

Keep posting(50 posts) and you ca get into the sisters section then....its better in there than in the main forum;)

taheera
01-12-2007, 10:26 AM
can i ask when you felt how i do how did you get by? did you feel like umm how can i say it...... like you were slaking of if dat makes sense

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.