/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Random Phone calls?

FBI
01-12-2007, 09:05 AM
:sl:

Anyone else exprienced this, the phone rings and I pick up and no one answers, I bet u it's MI5:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
01-12-2007, 09:11 AM

maybe its someone just being annoying. it happens all the time. have u tried texting the number?

FBI
01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

maybe its someone just being annoying. it happens all the time. have u tried texting the number?
it's not a mobile it's the landline.

Snowflake
01-12-2007, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Anyone else exprienced this, the phone rings and I pick up and no one answers, I bet u it's MI5:D
you serious? why would the M15 do that? :confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FBI
01-12-2007, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
you serious? why would the M15 do that? :confused:
just joking about MI5 but someone needs to get a life whoever it is.

Snowflake
01-12-2007, 09:35 AM
oh ok! If I get silent or prank phone calls, I play a recitation of the Quran and leave the phone next to the speakers. LOL! They never call again. Try it!

Helena
01-12-2007, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
oh ok! If I get silent or prank phone calls, I play a recitation of the Quran and leave the phone next to the speakers. LOL! They never call again. Try it!
thats a really good idea sis....i'll try it inshAllah.....when we nxt get a creepy call on our landlines.....

normally the prankers are my uncles....they usually change there voices....and try there best to be a pranker...in couple of seconds they get caught....so darn obvious man.......

on my mobile i get no prank calls...alhamdulilah.....once i remember i did get it before umrah......you know wot i did told my mum straightaway ...handed the phone over to her......that was the best move to do.....

Woodrow
01-12-2007, 11:13 AM
If you are here in the US, it most likely is an automated telemarketing system. The way they work is they batch call a whole bunch of numbers at one time. Then as people answer the phone they are put on hold as the program makes connections in the order of the phones being answered.

Muezzin
01-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I think it's just telemarketers.

People who say their names are John or Judy in Indian accents so thick it's difficult to keep a straight face while saying, 'No thank you, I would not like another mobile phone'.

Goku
01-12-2007, 01:33 PM
:-[
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If you are here in the US, it most likely is an automated telemarketing system. The way they work is they batch call a whole bunch of numbers at one time. Then as people answer the phone they are put on hold as the program makes connections in the order of the phones being answered.
Those automated marketing calls are creeping into the United Kingdom. I've had a few of them calls, its an answering machine telling me i've won so and so or they have a great deal for me.

**** they can be annoying.

We've had some prank calls in the past as well, but not so much in recent days.

OK I admit to doing a few prank calls when i was a young kid :-[

Re.TiReD
01-12-2007, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
^^ most likely that...we get em too and they just done get off your back!! :enough!: they always askin for me dad and I just say that he's out of the country! but they always call again after a couple of hours! :offended:

other than that I get silent calls on my mobile...just ignore it Insha'Allah or you can get the number that is calling you blocked from your phone :w:

Sabbir_1
01-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Anyone get the phone call, where this guy/girl they be telling u you've won a free phone and they they be talking for 5 minutes about the phone, its features blah blah... 12 month contract.. happened to me i told them i dont want it keep it i dont use my mobile much just for emergencies.. and then they hung up.. never phoned again...

anyone else exprienced this, the phone rings and I pick up and no one answers, I bet u it's MI5
why would MI5 phone u and then hang up, they aint that stupid.. whats the point.. never happened to me. anyway..

Re.TiReD
01-12-2007, 01:55 PM
^^^ yeah it's all advertising innit, they do it and it's annonying :enough!:

or..it may be a prank..nowadays your mate or someone can get somebody to call you and say pathetic stuff...it's actually official, they adverise it..i think it's called...well 'prank calling' lol :D

Snowflake
01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, I think it's just telemarketers.

People who say their names are John or Judy in Indian accents so thick it's difficult to keep a straight face while saying, 'No thank you, I would not like another mobile phone'.
^LOL it's so annoying when they try and pass themselves off as Brits! My bro whose normally an extremely calm guy put one caller in his place when he offered him a kitchen for £5000. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My bro convinced him to buy a kitchen off him and asked the guy for his credit card details. The guy gave some number and my bro told him to hold while he checks his credit card details.

Then after a pause my bro told the caller that the he had given false details and he is going to be investigated for fraud! Looool.. the guy actually told my bro to F-off and hung up. ;D

M.I.A.
01-12-2007, 05:06 PM
i picked up the phone at our house and it was a recorded message.. cheaper calls and whatnot, charming:raging:

Re.TiReD
01-19-2007, 01:25 PM
:sl: we've been gettin loads today...every 15 minutes somebody keeps callin!! it's maga annoying coz nobody speaks and they hang up afta a while! :raging:

but sometimes they're automatic calls...and they happen by mistake, it's been in the news lately too...some companies have been sued over it... :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.