/* */

PDA

View Full Version : friends with someone but they werent good influence

taheera
01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
I have a friend and i do not agree on her life style, she is a revert but she has her weeks where she completely gives up on religion. I know shes not a good influence for me but how am i suposed to say that to her?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kat19
I have a friend and i do not agree on her life style, she is a revert but she has her weeks where she completely gives up on religion. I know shes not a good influence for me but how am i suposed to say that to her?

if u got a strong personality then you should remind her and give her dawah and explain to her solutions to her issues.

otherwise, best to leave her and make dua for her.

take care all the bst!
:w:

taheera
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I make du'a for her. It really upsets me when she tells me that she feels like she dosnt care nemore and i know i can only do so much the rest is for Allah(swt) to decide im jus finding it hard 2 tell her that shes doing wrong coz shes the type that u pretty much have 2 walk on thin ice wit if you get what i mean

shible
01-12-2007, 12:58 PM
May be you can find some intresting places in your town. something like a islamic research museum or a library.

so you can take her there. since some people don't believe things till they experience them or see them.

and you can also some videos regarding various topics of Islam. I mean like a debate on various topics.

which will bring her the fear in Allah and those who Fear Allah walk on the path of his Messenger Muhammad (Pbuh).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
01-12-2007, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kat19
I make du'a for her. It really upsets me when she tells me that she feels like she dosnt care nemore and i know i can only do so much the rest is for Allah(swt) to decide im jus finding it hard 2 tell her that shes doing wrong coz shes the type that u pretty much have 2 walk on thin ice wit if you get what i mean
yeh i know wat its like with the sort ur referrin 2.

i think she needs to tell u wat her issues are exactly, and inshalah if u need help with how to advise her post her problems here... as anon even if u want..

tc :w:

shible
01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
May be you can find some intresting places in your town. something like a islamic research museum or a library.

so you can take her there. since some people don't believe things till they experience them or see them.

and you can also give her some videos regarding various topics of Islam. I mean like a debate on various topics.

which will bring her the fear in Allah and those who Fear Allah walk on the path of his Messenger Muhammad (Pbuh).
Since there was some mistakes on my previous post i am posting it again

and you can also give her some videos regarding various topics of Islam. I mean like a debate on various topics.

which will bring her the fear in Allah and those who Fear Allah walk on the path of his Messenger Muhammad (Pbuh)

taheera
01-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Jazak Allahu khaira.
I will take your advise but from what i have pikd up on i honestly dnt think she has that fear and will power 2 give up her old habits.
Thank you for your help

Woodrow
01-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Sadly sometimes a person becomes a revert for the wrong reasons. Maybe, your friend did not truly revert but only rebeled against family and authority. If that is the case, then possibly your friend has discovered that coming to Islam is not an escape from authority, it is a true submission to the Highest Authority.

Maybe you need to speak gently with your friend and learn why he/she made the choice to wear the name of Muslim. Help your friend learn the true reasons for reverting and help guide your friend on the path of having truly reverted.

shible
01-12-2007, 01:12 PM
We are jus going to plant a seed. and Allah is the One responsible for the rest.

so you jus deliver these thoughts to your friend and pray to Allah for her.

I have seen the significance that only Allah can make in my hometown.

I have seen a guy who was muslim who's past life included All kinds of Bad habbits ( I mean all).

but now he is now completely into Islam in each and every aspect.

So Always Believe in Allah and when things like these Happens we describe them in simple words as " MIRACLE "

taheera
01-12-2007, 01:16 PM
You r right in what you are saying its just hard for me to tell her how i feel coz as soon as i do she puts a wall up. Its my dutie as a muslim to help her but if she is not doing it for the right reasons then theres not much that ican do except make Du'a for her and Insha-Allah she'l believe it in her heart as well as in her head.

shible
01-12-2007, 01:28 PM
You know people get bored on two things
1. Books
2. Advices

But at the same time people are interested in
1. Video
2. debates
3. Accepting facts in new dimension.
4. Exploring

In case if you cannot convince your friend to go out with you then try to give her some videos of debates. since only in debates we can feel the reasoning

well go on ahead with the believing of Allah

But Beware there is a saying " Allah will examine your consistency towards his belief with wealth, people and various kind of issues" and the one standing Firm will succeed

taheera
01-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I thank you, you gave me great advise

Snowflake
01-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Allah swt, even told the Prophet that he is only a messenger but that it was up to Allah to guide whom He wills.

Saying that, you can only remind her of what she is doing is wrong and ask her why she is not taking her religion so seriously. If she is confused then you can help her. But other than that all you can do is pray for her and leave the rest up to The Almighty.

^..sTr!vEr..^
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
mayb u cud kindly explain her the whole thing indirectly...
But you shud keep on doing dawah...n dun l0se hopE inshAllah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.