/* */

PDA

View Full Version : scary!!

pridefulmuslim
01-12-2007, 04:37 PM
salam.....something real scary happened to me this morning that i thought would never happen to me in my life...

i stayed home from school today because i didnt feel good, at around 7:00 AM i was just lying down in bed but i was awake. all of a sudden i felt some thing come on the bed, i tried to get up to see who it was but i couldnt move, my arms were stuck also, i didnt feel any hands but something was holding me down.....i tried calling my dad but i could barely open my mouth, i didnt down what to do, i was very scared so i whispered bismillah ir rahman ir rahim and everything stopped. i ran into my dad and told him what happened, he told me to go to my grandapa's house because he was going to work....now here i am i need advice!! i am very scared!

i know i wasnt dreaming, and im not sick my stomach was just hurting........please someone help, please give me some dua's to read before i go to sleep tonight.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
skhalid
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Been there done that...happened to me as well...you can't move....talk or anything...its like u've turned into a statue...well..read suratul fat-ha x3
Suratul- Annas x3, Suratul Falaq x3 and then suratul Ikhalas x3...well it worked for me..and I never ever had a repetition of that experience again!!!!

Skillganon
01-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Same, it happened to me several time. In the end it stopped. Nothing to be scared of, well at first I was. Well I think it was of a more supernatural than what I am going to mention below (got my reason).

I think they call it in the scientific community (their explanation) "Sleep Paralyses" . Well I forgot how it is induced, you can do a search.

shible
01-12-2007, 05:00 PM
help the poor people by giving them money.I mean Sadhakah not zakath since it is given only during the month of Ramadhan,

and when ever you give has the intention or recite Bismillah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
pridefulmuslim
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
who0o0o i feel relieved that im not the only person!

format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
Been there done that...happened to me as well...you can't move....talk or anything...its like u've turned into a statue...well..read suratul fat-ha x3
Suratul- Annas x3, Suratul Falaq x3 and then suratul Ikhalas x3...well it worked for me..and I never ever had a repetition of that experience again!!!!
do i do this before i go to sleep or any time in the day

Name
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
some say its a jinn that does that called buba

he holds you down

o prevent this ulema say read the quls b4 sleeping

pridefulmuslim
01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
dont mean to double post but when this happened to me it felt like someone was doing it to me and i felt something get on the bed.....i thought it was a jinn or something

Jayda
01-12-2007, 05:59 PM
hola pridefulmuslim,

please do not be afraid this is a very natural thing called hypnopompic paralysis... it means that your brain awoke and became alert before your body awoke and withdrew from its normal associated sleep paralysis. it passes quickly and is not dangerous or unnatural...

Dios te bendiga

Fishman
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
:sl:
I used to get that a lot, it's scary at first, but you can't really get used to it, because it only happens when you just wake up and you can't think properly.
:w:

pridefulmuslim
01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
i looked up sleep paralysis on wikipedia n it says muslims believe that it is a devil holding the person down

Maimunah
01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
it happen to me once and i recited ayah kursi and then it left me
i heard a sheikh sayin its a jin that comes to yougsters so read ayah kursi and do dikr

wasalaam

jzcasejz
01-12-2007, 08:50 PM
It Happened To Me Aswell, On Da Day I Watched Psycho In Media Studies :(...I Didn't Have The Slightest Clue What To Do...Nice Reading Your Advice And Responses People :D...

Jayda
01-12-2007, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pridefulmuslim
i looked up sleep paralysis on wikipedia n it says muslims believe that it is a devil holding the person down
hola pridefulmuslim,

sorry i did not know that... please disregard what i was saying then...

Dios te bendiga

Umar001
01-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey when I was reading the Original Post I thought it was a double of something I read a long time ago, a person said pretty much the same thing, expcet the whole 'something got into my bed'.

I had something similar happen, I was in bed, and I wokey woke, and I couldn't move and I wanted to scream but could not, Alhamdulilah, I didnt recite anything, but I remembered reading the thread on this, anyhow, my advise to anyone who has this is to use it as a reminder, in the grave things are going to be pretty scary, Wallahi, I try to use it as a reminder, that there is no power or might except by Almighty G-d, so if I want to be in a big nice place in my grave then I gotta work hard.

Eesa.

The Ruler
01-12-2007, 09:08 PM

hmm interesting...you know...smetimes things happen...its seems too real to say 'oh it was just a dream'...but one thing a lot of us forget is that a mind is a LOT stronger than most of us think...many times i hear my name being called even when there is no one around (but that is probably cause i love it too much...really)...but yeah its nothing to worry about...at night, i hear stuff like creaks and all that creepy noises...that is why i never face the wall...weird i know...but i think that the wall as a protector...yup that's how bonkers i am....but you know...that is how strong my imagination can get...its scary really...soemtimes...but yeah...i can cope.

dream gurl
01-12-2007, 09:14 PM
something like dat also happen to me on bed and i couldn't move my head even is im trying 2 well when i was in dat position i read this ayyat in sura baqara...............allah ho lailaha ila howa heyul kharume la ta kudaho sunitul wa la nowm................etc I THINK ITS CALLED AYYATIL KURSEY

The Ruler
01-12-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dream gurl
something like dat also happen to me on bed and i couldn't move my head even is im trying 2 well when i was in dat position i read this ayyat in sura baqara...............allah ho lailaha ila howa heyul kharume la ta kudaho sunitul wa la nowm................etc I THINK ITS CALLED AYYATIL KURSEY
oh and not being able to move...from my experience, it is like your brain has been disconnected to your body parts...tus you are unable to move...that doesn't happen literally...but you know what i mean...so nothing alarming...take deep breaths...you're fine...but praying to Allah for protection isn't bad either...you may want to try that :thumbs_up

pridefulmuslim
01-12-2007, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

hmm interesting...you know...smetimes things happen...its seems too real to say 'oh it was just a dream'...but one thing a lot of us forget is that a mind is a LOT stronger than most of us think...many times i hear my name being called even when there is no one around (but that is probably cause i love it too much...really)...but yeah its nothing to worry about...at night, i hear stuff like creaks and all that creepy noises...that is why i never face the wall...weird i know...but i think that the wall as a protector...yup that's how bonkers i am....but you know...that is how strong my imagination can get...its scary really...soemtimes...but yeah...i can cope.

i heard things, but i felt things also......iono but this was freaky!

AmarFaisal
01-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Assalam-o-alaikum to everyone,
I have felt such a thing happen to me once in a while. I feel somebody standing close to my bed, or touching me as if to wake me up, or ask me to stand up..it always happens when u r in bed to sleep. I asked someone n she told me that, some ppl are very sensitive n can feel the presence of another being around them (like ur sixth sense tells u there is somebody other than human around u). I beleived her because our home was wierd. When we went to sleep at night , we could hear footsteps all around the house, cutlery noices from the kitchen, doors opening etc.
When u have such experiences u have to beleive that something supernatural did happen coz it's only u who feels the intensity of it..n it feels real. Sometimes I felt I had died n the angel was there to get me.
But now I think I'd be satisfied by beleiving in "hypnopompic paralysis", as it's been a long time I haven't had the same exp.

ehmad
01-13-2007, 01:49 AM
All Praise is due to Allah, the lord of the worlds, Master of the day of Judgement. Peace and Blessings be upon beloved and humble prophet Muhammad, His family and his companions.

Dear brother in Islam, Below is the dua which Jibra'eel al-ameen (may allah grant him peace) had taught our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh) on Allah's commandment.

A’udhu bi-wajhi-llahil-karim wa bi-kalimati-llahi-t-tammat-allati la yujawizuhunna barrun wa la fajir, min sharri ma yanzilu min-as-sama’i wa ma ya’ruju fiha wa min sharri ma yakhruju minha wa min fitan-il-layli wa-n-nahari wa min tawariq-il-layli wa-n-nahari illa tariqan yatruku bi-khayrin, ya Rahman!

(I seek refuge in the gracious nature of my Lord Allah, and in the perfection of the Divine Word which neither the righteous nor the transgressor is able to breach, from the evil which descends from the sky and that which rises up to it; and from the evil which comes forth from the sky; and from the tribulations of the night and the day, and from all the calamities of night and day, except for those that result in benefit, oh Lord of Mercy!)

Brother, when this dua is recited, the fire of the ifrit (demon) will be died down and the creature will ceased to exits. Such is the promise of Allah, and Allah never turns away from his promise.

Jazakumullahu khair.

taheera
01-13-2007, 02:37 AM
Assalamu Alaikum
Im so shocked i have never had that happened to me. I see every1 has a different view of this. I would be terrified if that happened to me.

That has happened to me years ago but im pretty sure i was asleep. Could that be the same thing?

Beblessed
01-13-2007, 01:00 PM
before u go bed read ayatul kursi and read sura fatiha x3
Sura Annas x3, Sura Falaq x3 and then sura Ikhalas x3

make sure u put quraan on in ur house and and in ur room aswell :thumbs_up
I hope it helps inshallah
Allhmdulilah never ever happened to me its really shocking

Abdulwaheed
01-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I dont think that has ever happend to me before. Alhamdulillah

I always try to read the Surahs that are recommended before i fall asleep. no matter how tired i am

HyRaX
01-14-2007, 08:00 AM
I don't know much about this stuff but my dad said their are other beings.
I'm really starting to get creeped out and scared here. Also one of my Muslim friends told me he saw somthing in his house, and im a Muslim so i'm really starting to get scared and paranoid in my own house.I/m not weird or a baby or anything im normal but its really creepin me out. can you guys tell me what really is out there and will i see anything i don't want to see?Please Respond.

Skillganon
01-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Well it is in the Quran, they are called Jinn. They are not visible unless they reveal themselve in some form or another.
Basicly they are like us, ordered to worship Allah(s.w.t) and like us they have amongst them the good, the bad and the ugly i.e. their are believers and desbelievers. Their are different types of Jinn some have different powers.

I hope that helps.

p.s. I will ignore them.

HyRaX
01-14-2007, 10:39 AM
cool, thanks!

anonymous
01-14-2007, 06:05 PM
same thing happened to me, at the time it happened i started practising. That was a scary feeling...i even had something whirring, a strange sound in my head, i couldn't move at all ! And like everyone i couldn't speak either. I said 'innee akhafo Allaha rabbal aalameen' surat Ali Imran. Then it went from the mercy of Allah.
I#m not saying this to be mean, but i'm glad i'm not the only person that this has happened to...i thought it was just me. It was probably Jinn, but i thought it was because i was a bad person...but anyhow alhamdulillah ever since then i never forget my adhkaar, which brings me to this question...
You're about to drift off without saying your adhkaar when suddenly you wake up to something nudging you..not violently..very slightly, so then i say my adhkaars and i fall asleep, does anyone else experience this?

BanGuLLy
06-05-2007, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
Assalam-o-alaikum to everyone,
I have felt such a thing happen to me once in a while. I feel somebody standing close to my bed, or touching me as if to wake me up, or ask me to stand up..it always happens when u r in bed to sleep. I asked someone n she told me that, some ppl are very sensitive n can feel the presence of another being around them (like ur sixth sense tells u there is somebody other than human around u). I beleived her because our home was wierd. When we went to sleep at night , we could hear footsteps all around the house, cutlery noices from the kitchen, doors opening etc.
When u have such experiences u have to beleive that something supernatural did happen coz it's only u who feels the intensity of it..n it feels real. Sometimes I felt I had died n the angel was there to get me.
But now I think I'd be satisfied by beleiving in "hypnopompic paralysis", as it's been a long time I haven't had the same exp.
Thats scary lol

BanGuLLy
06-05-2007, 01:47 PM
It happened to me too :(

YasharG
06-06-2007, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Malik
:sl:...that is why i never face the wall...weird i know...but i think that the wall as a protector...yup that's how bonkers i am....but you know...that is how strong my imagination can get...its scary really...soemtimes...but yeah...i can cope.

Technically speaking, I think you should stop thinking like that. Even in a wide open spot, surrounded by evil jinns, you should only fear Allah. And not look to hide behind a tree for protection, for example. Metaphorically speaking.

Honestly, I learned about jinns some weeks ago, on these forums. It was creepy on the first night. Now I don't think about them. Especially if that will lead me to fear any other than Allah.

Instead of thinking about what they "could" do to you, think about what Allah could do to them.

S.A.
06-06-2007, 11:41 PM

quite an old thread i think but very very interesting.

Reading the original post i must say that i am so much glad that iam not the only person on this earth to whom this has been happening, but yeah i know i shudnt be glad abt it :).

And must tell u all this thing is **** sacry, tooo scary. Im like a regular victim of this thing, whtever it is. I really cant decide on the reason behind it althought many of u believe it is a kind of jinn while some others have presented scientific explanations to it. It happens to me mostly, or i must say only in the mornings, irrespective of me recitign Ayat al Kursi or not. (I do that anyway). But wht is surprising to me is that none of you have mentioned of seeing anything or anyone during the whole process.

My experience goes like this. Im either on my back or side, suddenly (ofcourse) i realize iam awake , cant move a bit, cant scream , cant shout, but at the same time iam desperate to do so. Feel like something or someone or some kind of a power or force is forcing me to stay as iam. Completely Still. I see somebody while iam still. Someone coming closer to me, sometimes smiling seeing me helpless. And all this while iam reciting Ayat al Kursi. But again the problem is that once its done i cant tell if i was actually reciting it or it was just a dream. It has happned to me even in ladies musallah at my work place. I was lying down in the morning there coz i had reached work quite early so i had enuf time. This time I saw a lady in a abaya smiling and approaching me, in the sense that she was walking towards me , but before she cud touch me i woke up, SCARED to DEATH!

Wanted to share with u all. One thing is for sure, no matter how times u go thru it, u feel it as u felt for the first time. so there is no way out, atleast for me.

Massalamah.

Yanal
06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
can someone tell me why it happens to people

~Juwairiyah~
06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Name
some say its a jinn that does that called buba

he holds you down

o prevent this ulema say read the quls b4 sleeping

OK! Now that is scary!!!

It happened to my sister once, she scared us all when she told us..we thought there was a jinn in the house or something.

S.A.
06-07-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Juwairiyah~

OK! Now that is scary!!!

It happened to my sister once, she scared us all when she told us..we thought there was a jinn in the house or something.
So wht is it actually?

After so many posts and information - wht is the answer?

Is it Jinn or mind-and-body play?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.