/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can i do umrah and not hajj?

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters, hope your all well.

i just wanted 2 ask a question. Well im going back to my homeplace in the summer and my dad wants to stop at saudi arabia to do umrah but not hajj. is this permissible? because i dont think im ready for hajj yet, mentally and i know il sin when i come back so i dont want to do it just yet. but i want to do umrah as i think im ready for it mentally as well as physically, so is this allowed? will i sin if i dont do hajj? some people say "you have the money to go and stop there why dont u do hajj" but its not like that, its about mentally preparing yourselves.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-12-2007, 07:22 PM
if ur not mentally ready i dont think its right 4 u 2 do hajj but inshalah sum1 els will reply wid sum fatwa.

lolwatever
01-13-2007, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
:sl: brothers and sisters, hope your all well.

i just wanted 2 ask a question. Well im going back to my homeplace in the summer and my dad wants to stop at saudi arabia to do umrah but not hajj. is this permissible? because i dont think im ready for hajj yet, mentally and i know il sin when i come back so i dont want to do it just yet. but i want to do umrah as i think im ready for it mentally as well as physically, so is this allowed? will i sin if i dont do hajj? some people say "you have the money to go and stop there why dont u do hajj" but its not like that, its about mentally preparing yourselves.

i truly believe if you make sincere intention, you will be a better personw hen you come back from Hajj.

And who says you won't die soon after you do hajj? So do it now, and if you get another chance later on in life, don't miss it etiehr :D

all the best!

FBI
01-13-2007, 10:19 AM
:sl:

Sister sorry to sound harsh but don't be so selfish and neive, they're people who never be able to do hajj and they're people who get they're visas rejected, it's Fard to go if your able both physicly and financially, I't shaytaan who's putting these thoughts in your head, don't u realise you'll be forgiven for your sins if your hajj is accepted, sis I urged u to go and don't waste this opertunity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-13-2007, 01:52 PM
:sl:
You are lucky that your parents are paying for you to do Umrah and you have mahrams to go with unlike some of us. :(

Yes, It is possible to do Umrah without Hajj. Umrah means visiting or attending. It is an act of worship and Allah Almighty says:

Perform the Hajj and `Umrah for Allah… (Al-Baqarah 2:196)[/

But both Hajj and Umrah are a means for the expiation of sins.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "Alternate between Hajj and `Umrah because both rid one of poverty and sins just as the blacksmith's bellows remove all impurities from metals like iron, gold and silver. The reward for Hajj m abrur is nothing short of Paradise" (At-Tirmidhi).[/

SubhanAllah, take this opportunity to go. How do you know you will come back to commit more sins? Will you even live long enough to do that? Would you not like to be forgiven for past sins? Futhermore witnessing for yourself the place of Worship will enlighten you mentally and spritually and hopefully remove from your heart the desire and the weaknesses that lead to commiting sins.

I sincerely hope you go for the sake of Allah. Many people never get the opportunity to perform this blessed fardh. You are so lucky. MashaAllah.

AnonymousPoster
01-13-2007, 07:28 PM
But it is a sin to just do Umrah and not Hajj? and I cant do Hajj because I cant go in December or whenever Hajj is but only in the summer.

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 08:46 PM
yes, it is permissable to perform Umrah before or without Hajj. But performing Umrah does not make one exempt from performing Hajj. Umrah is sunnah while Hajj is fardh.

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh here u go found this...

Al-Bukhari has reported on the authority of `Ikrimah Ibn Khalid who said, “I asked `Abdullah Ibn `Umar about performing `Umrah before Hajj, whereupon he said, ‘There is no harm in doing so, because the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) himself performed `Umrah before Hajj.’”

AnonymousPoster
01-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.