/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what should i do/how should i go about it

anonymous
01-13-2007, 03:02 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
i am very confused., i don't know what to do, i don't even know how tp write this, or if it even makes sence, so inshallah, i'll just type it how it comes to my hed.
my sister has this friend. she has never been practising, but recently she has become very interested, like she wants to learn how ot pray, etc.
i heard that if one does not pray out of negligance, then they a kaafir. please correct me, by presenting solid evidence, so that i can tell her. When i do inshallah, how do i break this to her. does she has to perform the ghusl.
and also, as far as i understand, she like has no idea how to pray. how does one teah her?? i mean i have books and all, but i want to give it to her slowly slowly, so that it does not overwhelm her. I plan to teach her the pillars of the prayers first. what do you guys think.
also, what is the ruling on saying that someone with a black bread looks like black santa. she also has said this about someone. so yeah, what do i do. how do i advise her. i sooo confused.

anyways, please give me strong daleels.
jazaallahu khair.
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taheera
01-13-2007, 03:14 AM
im a revert and when i started to get interested in Islam i went 2 my bestfriend she thought the same, she didnt want to give me to much in 1 go so she gave me books to read once i started relising that it is in my heart she explained to me prayer at first i would sit abit behind me and watch her pray and watch what she dose after abit we prayed together of coz i wasnt to sure how to say the prayers so i more copyied her actions she gave me a prayer kit that you should be able to get from any islamic book store and i learnt at my own pace.

Insha-Allah this will give you some ideas on how to start her of praying and from what ive learnt it should b the first thing and the most important thing to learn first

lolwatever
01-13-2007, 09:39 AM
salamz

“The difference between us and them is salaah. Whoever neglects it is a kaafir.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad);

and:

“(Nothing stands) between a man and kufr and shirk, except prayer: (whoever neglects it becomes a kaafir and a mushrik).” (Reported by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh, with other similar ahaadeeth).

lookup islam-qa under prayer section, its got detaield breakdown on how 2 pray :)

salamz

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Salam,

Allah swt says: “Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salaat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. Except those who repent and believe (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger Muhammad), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught.” [Quran Surah Maryam 19:59-60]

The evidence derived from this aayah is that Allah referred to those who neglect the prayer and follow their desires, Except those who repent and believe, which indicates that at the time when they are neglecting their prayers and following their desires, they are not believers.

]‘Abd-Allah ibn Shaqeeq said: the companions of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) did not think that neglecting any deed made a person a kaafir, apart from neglecting the prayer. [This was reported by al-Tirmidhi and al-Haakim, who classed it as Sahih according to the conditions of Imaam Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Sorry did not get the black bread and black santa part? :confused:
There's so many books explaining how salah should be performed. They cost very little, so it'd be a good idea to get one for your friend. As for the physical positions of salah, get your friend to pray with you. It is easier to learn that way.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
01-14-2007, 10:18 AM
:sl: jazzakallahu khair everybody.
alhamidulillah, i have found a book, or atleast a section of a book for her to use. all i have to do is phtocopy it for her. also jazakllahu khair sis muslimah sis for this: ‘Abd-Allah ibn Shaqeeq said: the companions of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) did not think that neglecting any deed made a person a kaafir, apart from neglecting the prayer. [This was reported by al-Tirmidhi and al-Haakim, who classed it as Sahih according to the conditions of Imaam Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

inshallah i'll pass it on to her. im just abit wooried about her as she goes to school, and there's no prayer room etc, i don't want her to miss out on her prayer, plus she goes to a catholic school, which i'm assuing they are even more strict as to not getting her a prayer room.

umm-sulaim
01-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Yh i guess, but still she won't know till she asks...how about just praying in one of the classrooms? If there's a teacher she knows that's understanding and might let her..it's worth a try

wassalaam

anonymous
01-19-2007, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
salamz

“The difference between us and them is salaah. Whoever neglects it is a kaafir.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad);

and:

“(Nothing stands) between a man and kufr and shirk, except prayer: (whoever neglects it becomes a kaafir and a mushrik).” (Reported by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh, with other similar ahaadeeth).

lookup islam-qa under prayer section, its got detaield breakdown on how 2 pray :)

salamz

:sl: brothrs an dsisters.
jazakallahu khair for all your replies.
just another quesiton, slightly off topic.
when I was in high school, and beacuse of the timetable, i didn't get to pray dhur on time. so what i used to do, was come home and pary it with asr. is this considered as abandonment of sallat, and therefore kufr??

lolwatever
01-19-2007, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl: brothrs an dsisters.
jazakallahu khair for all your replies.
just another quesiton, slightly off topic.
when I was in high school, and beacuse of the timetable, i didn't get to pray dhur on time. so what i used to do, was come home and pary it with asr. is this considered as abandonment of sallat, and therefore kufr??
as logn as you pray it within its time frame you're safe...

i faced same situation alot... there's always a way around.. even between periods or something, u can eve pray in ur own class room or something. u'll work something out inshalah :)

tc salams

skhalid
01-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Every thing starts with a Bismillah and then slowly move on to other things!!!
It worked for a friend of mine...and now she knows how to pray fully...:thumbs_up GOOD LUCK inshallah u will get there!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!