/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

YamahaR1
07-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I am a new member.

I am not muslim. I am a christian. And, I am female and I live in the United States of America.

I joined primarily to read posts to help gain a better understanding of Islam.

You probably won't see many posts from me, unless someone asks me something specific. I will mostly lurk and read posts made by others.

I look forward to reading some of the discussions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pinkrose
07-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Hey,

Welcome to the forum!!
I hope you learn lots about Islaam!!

07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
:welcome: i hope that u r going to binifit from your stay

YamahaR1
07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Thank you for the welcome.

I also wanted to add that I serve in the U.S. military. Just thought I'd mention that as well.

I have read some posts already and am disheartened by some posts and encouraged by others on the various forums.

Either way, I will continue to read and learn.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
07-08-2005, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=YamahaR1]Thank you for the welcome.

"I have read some posts already and am disheartened by some posts and encouraged by others on the various forums."

if u want any clarifications about islam or u have any questions don't hesitite to ask ....people in this forum are very helpful....and we are going to be delighted to answer...may allah guide all of us to the rite way :thumbs_up

A7med
07-08-2005, 03:11 PM
HI,
hope u learn a lot about ISLAM!!! :D

أحمد
07-08-2005, 03:21 PM
:sl:
:D Welcome to LI Islamic Forum . . . Have Halal Fun @ http://www.islamicboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25 :D And learn at the same time Insha-Allah . . . :p CLICK WELCOME TO LISTEN TO YOUR WELCOME NASHEED . . . ;)

:w:

YamahaR1
07-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Well....I did make a few posts today so I guess I was mistaken to say I would mainly lurk. :)

Very interesting reading thus far. Some posts certainly explain some common misperceptions. I think this site will be educational and I hope my responses will be helpful as well.

aminahshijabs
07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I was raised to be Christian, but I reverted to Islam 11 years ago. Ten years ago I married my husband.

:Crescent: Salam Alakum Welcome!!! :Crescent:

I think that you will really enjoy the site.

Help using this forum:
Don't forget to use the menu items on the top. They are pull down. My favorite is "Quick Links" the drop down menu has: "Who's onlineā€ (You can see who is online), "Private messages" so you can check or create messages to other people, and "New Posts" see the newest post or replies (This is a top level menu too ).

I think that you will like this forum, it is popular. :applaud:

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Greetings of peace Yamaha! :)
It is very nice of you to join us, and we hope you have a wonderful experience on Load-Islam. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. In addition, you may read the following link for a good introduction to Islamic teachings:
http://www.beconvinced.com

:w:

junna1
07-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Welcome to LI. Hope you learn a lot about Islam.

Staffy
07-09-2005, 05:32 PM
It's good to see your seeking knowlage.......Do the US educate their military about Islam before they go into Islamic countrys?

YamahaR1
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Staffy
It's good to see your seeking knowlage.......Do the US educate their military about Islam before they go into Islamic countrys?
Yes, some basic training is provided. We do not understand the details of Islam. We do, however, are told of basic things to ensure we do not offend those of other nationalities, religions, etc. This goes for all countries/religions, not just those of Islamic countries. In Islamic countries, we are not allowed to openly display symbols of christianity, eat or bring pork products in the country, or magazines that show women that are exposing parts of their body.

Mr. Baldy
07-11-2005, 04:52 PM
aslaam alkykum,

may i cmpliment u on your choice of bike!

welcome, welcome to LI, US military eh? this should be fun....

wa alkyum aslaam

YamahaR1
07-11-2005, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
aslaam alkykum,

may i cmpliment u on your choice of bike!

welcome, welcome to LI, US military eh? this should be fun....

wa alkyum aslaam
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that. :) My husband used to ride one and it was my favorite. I, too, used to have one, a Kawasaki Ninja 600 cc. Both of us have given up our bike riding days since the children came along though.

Yes, I have been in the U.S. military for over 11 years. I came here to learn more about muslims and Islam. And, if in turn (for those interested), I can help correct misperceptions about westerners/Americans/the U.S. military/Christianity, then it would be equally helpful, right?

Mr. Baldy
07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
some pretty powerful bikes going around, well im not old enough to get a 600cc, but i am going to to my CBT (in britain that is the compulsory test) and i will inshallah get a TZR50, not that powerful compared to your 600cc monster.

and misconceptions about westerns/USA and christianity would be helpful.

YamahaR1
07-11-2005, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
and misconceptions about westerns/USA and christianity would be helpful.
I would be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Mr. Baldy
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM
aslaam alkyum,

i guess ill see you in world afairs then ;)

wa alkyum aslaam

Batoota
07-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Hey Yamaha R1:

welcome to the forum!

It's interesting that you have served for the U.S. military, and quite a while too! Hope we'll all benefit each other!

So............Ermm...........

Personal questions coming up: please feel free to ignore....somtimes i'm too curious. :-[What do your kids think about you serving in the military? OH! How old are they? What are they ? <-- LoL, that makes it sound like i'm talking about aliens, but i meant, are they girls? boys? :p :thumbs_up

Also, you said you gave up biking since your kids came along, right? So i was wondering did you give it up because you have no more time, or cause you felt it was dangerous? *disclaimer: i know nothing about bikes, so i wouldn't know if its dangerous or not*. But wait, you said you and your husband gave it up....Hmm....<-- I feel like i'm beginning to sound like a lawyer. Where were you on the night that you gave up biking? JK! ;D

And that's it...although, i still feel that i had another question in mind but drats..can't remember it :confused:

*Hope you don't mind, but i just have to welcome brother Youssuf in!*

I am so happy to hear your story! May Allah continue to guide you and all of us in to the light! If you're ever feeling alone, as i'm sure many reverts do, remember your LI brothers & sisters. WE're all here for you!

Peace :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!