PDA

View Full Version : which are the worst kind of professions.



iqbal_soofi
01-13-2007, 10:17 PM
There're only two such professions to which no respectable person likes to send for training. One of them is that of Kanjars (prostitutes). Can any of you name the other one to which only mentally crippled children or those who are good for nothing else are sent.

Hint: In all those societies where these two professionals grow, become very corrupt and backwards.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
01-13-2007, 10:53 PM
sex slaves?
Reply

M.I.A.
01-13-2007, 10:58 PM
..doh misunderstood the question.

i dunno?
Reply

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 11:08 PM
begging!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-13-2007, 11:11 PM
person running a secret drug business :X
Reply

Muezzin
01-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Lawyers.

That was a joke.
Reply

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 11:22 PM
^:lol:

Tayyaba, pharmacies aren't a secret drug business *runs* ;D
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-13-2007, 11:24 PM
^^LOL! if i thought that, i wouldnt be goin in that field now would i :X
u better run...im fast and ill get u ;D
Reply

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 11:33 PM
lol 'sumthin' got deleted.. what's wrong with saying druggie as a joke? :confused:


neway I am 100% sure it's begging.. what else can mentally disabled children do?

p.s joke with u in PMs :( big bro or sis is watching lol.. (sorry)
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-13-2007, 11:50 PM
^^ yea. apologies mods....

p.s. come on msn grandma..:X
Reply

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 11:58 PM
oh btw, just wanted to clarify that kids are forced into the begging trade in asian subcontinent.

p.s aati hun tai amma
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 12:17 AM
^^ yea thats true...how sad :X

p.s. acha daadi...zyaada dher nahin lagaana...buri ho jaogi ;D
Reply

Muezzin
01-14-2007, 12:22 AM
p.s. stop with the off-topic stuff, acha?
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 12:26 AM
^^sorry! :X u know how to diss people wow..

ok ummm how about a front line ground soldier...:?
ive heard that somewhere...
Reply

Snowflake
01-14-2007, 12:29 AM
acha ji.. sorry :phew


I wonder when iqbal bro will give us the answer :-\
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 12:30 AM
lol i even bothered to searh online LOL. yea i gotta try everythin :X
i want the answer...
Reply

Snowflake
01-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba

ok ummm how about a front line ground soldier...:?
ive heard that somewhere...
How is being a frontline soldier a disrespectable profession? :confused:
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 12:37 AM
he said worst...so i jus picked a random one. hey im trying aight...ok...lol
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-14-2007, 03:01 PM
A few more hints:

This is a highly paid profession. They get paid more than the prostitues on most of occasions. Sometimes, they're paid more than the doctors just for performing a few minutes service on important ocassion.

They get special training in institutions. However, parents don't like to send their normal or intellegent children to these institutions. Only those students are sent who can do nothing else.
Reply

Skillganon
01-14-2007, 03:05 PM
The exorcism classes?
Reply

Fishman
01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
:sl:
Polititians?
:w:
Reply

FBI
01-14-2007, 03:21 PM
:sl:

Haters.
Reply

Snowflake
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
A few more hints:

This is a highly paid profession. They get paid more than the prostitues on most of occasions. Sometimes, they're paid more than the doctors just for performing a few minutes service on important ocassion.
They get special training in institutions. However, parents don't like to send their normal or intellegent children to these institutions. Only those students are sent who can do nothing else.
transvestites? they usually turn up on happy occassions and perform a song and dance and ppl give them lots of money.
:X :-[
Reply

Muezzin
01-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Assassins?
Reply

Skillganon
01-14-2007, 03:46 PM
The pubs?
Reply

netprince
01-14-2007, 03:49 PM
His probably referring to performers of some sort, actors or singers or something along those lines.
Reply

Snowflake
01-14-2007, 03:52 PM
is the question regarding professions in pakistan? :confused:
Reply

Woodrow
01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
I have a feeling that the reference is to psychologists and psychiatrists.

However, I think that is one that needs to be clarified a bit more, as psychology as a science is a new science and bears no resemblance to the old field of psychology which was a field of philosophy.

Some "therapists" still use the name psychologist although they have no training in psychology and are often sometimes very metaphysical and substitute as a religion.
Reply

Snowflake
01-14-2007, 05:21 PM
pakistani police force? lol
Reply

The Ruler
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
:sl:

hmmm...when you said assasins/song/dance, ever thought whether a disabled kid can do that :?

and then again akhi says along the lines of parents sending their kids...what type of parents would do that :heated:

hmmm...:hmm:

:w:
Reply

Fishman
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
:sl:
Writer for Answering Islam?
:D
:w:
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-14-2007, 05:59 PM
those people who have to clean up dead bodies after they've been hit by a train.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have a feeling that the reference is to psychologists and psychiatrists.

However, I think that is one that needs to be clarified a bit more, as psychology as a science is a new science and bears no resemblance to the old field of psychology which was a field of philosophy.

Some "therapists" still use the name psychologist although they have no training in psychology and are often sometimes very metaphysical and substitute as a religion.
No. Parent would love to make their children as psychiartists or psychologist. These are among the top rated professions, one of the 1st choice for the brilliant students.

Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
pakistani police force? lol
People pay a lot of money to get into the police force in Pakistan.


Originally Posted by Alpha DudeIs
it a trick question? I'm guessing institutions where Islamic education is provided.
This is not a trick question or a joke. Unfortunately, this the fact.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 06:38 PM
lol Muslimah sis...:X
its prolly very easy and we're overlooking it =\
can u tell us...suspense is killin me...lol
Reply

Snowflake
01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
People pay a lot of money to get into the police force in Pakistan.
yeh ur right.. they pay a lot of bribe to get a job then they get it back with interest from criminals. lol

tayyaba, ur right the answers probably staring us all in the face and we can't see it, when we find out we'll all go "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was gonna say that!" lol
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
^^ lol. i still think its obvious...what are we missin???
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM
:sl:

The answer is quite clearly and obviously. A pirate. It makes sense, I remember the countless nights of arguments I had with my parents when I told them I wanted to be a professional pirate.

A few more hints:

This is a highly paid profession. They get paid more than the prostitues on most of occasions. Sometimes, they're paid more than the doctors just for performing a few minutes service on important ocassion.

They get special training in institutions. However, parents don't like to send their normal or intellegent children to these institutions. Only those students are sent who can do nothing else.
This is the case being a pirate, at times, when we Dig up treasure, we make way more than doctors.



Failing this, I'd guess Plumbers....although I don't know how they'd be bad for society
Reply

SilentObserver
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Tissue paper recycler.
Reply

Snowflake
01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
^;D

err..*thinks hard*.... worst profession... ummm...errr.... pickpockets? :X
Reply

Handali
01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Cofused-This is profession you have to go to school for right??
Reply

Fishman
01-14-2007, 07:59 PM
:sl:
The question has aready been answered:
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
it a trick question? I'm guessing institutions where Islamic education is provided.
This is not a trick question or a joke. Unfortunately, this the fact.
I think most Muslims would find this thread highly offensive, scholars are wonderful valuable people who we all love and respect (except for the crazy terrorist ones)...
:w:
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
The question has aready been answered:


I think most Muslims would find this thread highly offensive, scholars are wonderful valuable people who we all love and respect (except for the crazy terrorist ones)...
:w:
You're right most Muslims get very sentimental when some facts are given about the religious scholars. But it's a fact that no Muslim parents wish to send their intellegent and useful children to madrisas. Making a mullah out of their children is the last choice.
Reply

Fishman
01-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
You're right most Muslims get very sentimental when some facts are given about the religious scholars. But it's a fact that no Muslim parents wish to send their intellegent and useful children to madrisas. Making a mullah out of their children is the last choice.
:sl:
I would, when I have kids I want to give them the Islamic education that I never got.
:w:
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
I would, when I have kids I want to give them the Islamic education that I never got.
:w:
That's like almost all Muslim parents want. To give their children Islamic education. But nobody wants for their children to become a religious professional. There're some valid reasons for this.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Just because some of them r that way, doesnt mean they all are. If the intent of the person is good to become a religious scholar, they will not spread Jahaliyyah. Plain and simple. Instead of trying to stop kids from going into it, maybe ppl should speak up to the ones that r corrupted.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Just because some of them r that way, doesnt mean they all are. If the intent of the person is good to become a religious scholar, they will not spread Jahaliyyah. Plain and simple. Instead of trying to stop kids from going into it, maybe ppl should speak up to the ones that r corrupted.
If only a few of em are like that then this profession wouldn't be like this. Parents make wise decision about their kind for not sending them to this profession on some reasons. Public opinion about them is not like this just because of of the bad elements. It's because of their overall impact on society. There're few bad elements in every profession including the doctors, but profession of doctors is still one of the highly respected professions.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
And being an Islamic scholar is one of the best as well to us. It cant be generalized.
Reply

Snowflake
01-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
But it's a fact that no Muslim parents wish to send their intellegent and useful children to madrisas. Making a mullah out of their children is the last choice.
That's not true. I'd be happiest if my son became a scholar, inshaAllah. I have already told him that Islamic education is better than any degree you will ever get. It's not as though he won't be able to earn a living out of it.

Btw, are we any nearer to guessing the answer?
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
That's not true. I'd be happiest if my son became a scholar, inshaAllah. I have already told him that Islamic education is better than any degree you will ever get. It's not as though he won't be able to earn a living out of it.

Btw, are we any nearer to guessing the answer?
Then how do you think your son should earn his living? You mean to say that you wish your son to only get a lot of islamiyat education but he shouldn't adopt it as a profession?

Yes?

So this is what I'm saying. No parent want's his children to become a professional religious scholars. Nobody want their children to make money by selling body or iman. That's why the two professions that sell body or iman are not considered as presctable professions.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 12:55 AM
You can be a religious scholar and have a side profession like a doctor or engineer. you say it as if its not possible.
Reply

Sabbir_1
01-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Actor
singer
Reply

angel eyes
01-16-2007, 01:02 AM
well a profession like drug supplying is bad and illegal
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
You can be a religious scholar and have a side profession like a doctor or engineer. you say it as if its not possible.
Well that's something different. I'm talkin about the profession i.e., making a living out of it. There're only two professions which people don't want their children to adopt.
Reply

north_malaysian
01-16-2007, 04:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
You can be a religious scholar and have a side profession like a doctor or engineer. you say it as if its not possible.
Lots of religious Malaysian parents sent their children to Tahfiz institutes, for their children to memorize the Koran and be pious, for 3 years before enrolling them to universities learning medic, engineering, architecture etc...

We would like to create professionals who also memorized the holy koran and be pious...
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Then go ahead, no one is stopping anyone. I hate that fact that whats being said is you cant have a "clean" profession whilst being an Islamic Scholar. Being good in the deen will InshAllah only make u good in what you do because the person has full trust in Allah and His Mercy. I have nothing against it. Its the best profession because you will only recieve more reward in the end. I dont see whats better than that. Just because everything is expensive doesnt mean you cannot live a simple life. Its up to the person to control him/herself on useless stuff. Thats one of the tests for us. Not loving this Dunya over the real gift, which is the Akhirah.
Reply

Woodrow
01-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Then how do you think your son should earn his living? You mean to say that you wish your son to only get a lot of islamiyat education but he shouldn't adopt it as a profession?

Yes?

So this is what I'm saying. No parent want's his children to become a professional religious scholars. Nobody want their children to make money by selling body or iman. That's why the two professions that sell body or iman are not considered as presctable professions.
Oddly enough prostitution is considered a very honorable and respected career in some cultures. There still are a few cultures in which parents do want their daughters to grow up to be prostitutes at least until they marry.


Although that is not the view of any of the monotheiestic religions nor of modern western culture.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Lots of religious Malaysian parents sent their children to Tahfiz institutes, for their children to memorize the Koran and be pious, for 3 years before enrolling them to universities learning medic, engineering, architecture etc...

We would like to create professionals who also memorized the holy koran and be pious...
This is not my personal opinion that this is one of the worst profession. This is a general opinion of all wise parents. They may or may not send their children to learn/memorize Quran, but they don't want to make mullahs out of them Even the religious parentsl want their children to be engineers or doctors or some other honorable profession. They send them to lean Quran but like them to be engineers or doctors not the professional religious scholars. This is one of the two worst professions to which any parents would like their children to adopt. Only the prostitues like their children to adopt prostitution as a profession, and same goes for mullahs.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 05:07 AM
Then go tell Yusuf Estes or Zakir Naik that their profession is bad...we'll see how that turns out :X
Reply

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
=iqbal_soofi;627041]Then how do you think your son should earn his living? You mean to say that you wish your son to only get a lot of islamiyat education but he shouldn't adopt it as a profession?

Yes?
I said it's not as if he CAN'T earn a living out of it. He can open Islamic education centres/schools etc. Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) instituted salaries for muslims soldiers, because they needed to earn a living. That doesn't mean they were selling their imaan fighting for islam. Imaans and Mu'addhins (callers to prayer) were also given salaries. Were they selling their imaan?


So this is what I'm saying. No parent want's his children to become a professional religious scholars. Nobody want their children to make money by selling body or iman. That's why the two professions that sell body or iman are not considered as presctable professions.
Brother, earning money based on religious occupations does not amount to selling one's imaan. The meaning of 'selling one's imaan' implies tricking and deceiting people, e.g. compromising one's imaan for material/personal gain.

I don't know how you can put religious scholars in the same bracket as prostitues. Na udhu billah!


Tayyaba
Then go tell Yusuf Estes or Zakir Naik that their profession is bad...we'll see how that
exactly!
Reply

Malaikah
01-16-2007, 12:25 PM
:sl:

I can't think of an occupation more respectable than being a scholar of Islam!:)

Even though I do not agree with iqbal_soofi's approach, I admit that he does have a point that too many people these days act like being a doctor or a lawyer is the best thing in the world (when it isn't because of how easily both professions can lead to haram when practiced in non muslim countries!) and that every thing else, including being a scholar of the deen is something secondary to that.

How often do we heard people suggesting to youngsters that they become a doctor, a law, a dentist, but why don't we ever heard anyone suggesting that they take on a professional education in Islam?

That's the reality these days unfortunately... as far as I can see anyway.
Reply

lolwatever
01-16-2007, 01:27 PM
^ so tru... prob is people think of scholars as monk-like beings... ppl who seperate politics from religion... or social life from religion....

forgetting that many of the great scholars where skilled in dunya related fields plus in their deen. (Whether it be literature, science, trade, physical skills etc..) And better still, used their dunya skills for sake of Allah (e.g. Abu bakr, a rich person, spending most of his wealth in casue of Allah... same with the other top sahabah, zayd in field of poetry etc etc)


:w:
Reply

aamirsaab
01-16-2007, 01:29 PM
:sl:
which are the worst kind of professions.
Any form of ground troop/foot soldier. Worst job, ever.
Reply

Skillganon
01-16-2007, 01:33 PM
So what is the answer?
Reply

skhalid
01-16-2007, 01:41 PM
anyfin which involves selling oneself....and harming oneself!!!!
Such as sx trafikin...and prostitution:raging:
Reply

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Skillganon
So what is the answer?
this..

Iqbal_Soofi: So this is what I'm saying. No parent want's his children to become a professional religious scholars. Nobody want their children to make money by selling body or iman. That's why the two professions that sell body or iman are not considered as presctable professions.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

I can't think of an occupation more respectable than being a scholar of Islam!:)

Even though I do not agree with iqbal_soofi's approach, I admit that he does have a point that too many people these days act like being a doctor or a lawyer is the best thing in the world (when it isn't because of how easily both professions can lead to haram when practiced in non muslim countries!) and that every thing else, including being a scholar of the deen is something secondary to that.

How often do we heard people suggesting to youngsters that they become a doctor, a law, a dentist, but why don't we ever heard anyone suggesting that they take on a professional education in Islam?

That's the reality these days unfortunately... as far as I can see anyway.


This is not something new. This profession was never considered a respectable profession. I remeber the times when somebody called mullah to someone, he'd get annoyed. It was a like a dragatory term and many people still don't like to be called a mullah. There're some valid reasons for this. Only thing we don't try to find out these reason because swe're made sentimental about Islam by them.
Reply

*noor
01-16-2007, 11:30 PM
spying???
Reply

M2A^AKIB^
01-16-2007, 11:57 PM
cleaning the bathroom at McDonalds!!!:confused: ??????
Reply

Skillganon
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Iqbal_Soofi
So this is what I'm saying. No parent want's his children to become a professional religious scholars. Nobody want their children to make money by selling body or iman. That's why the two professions that sell body or iman are not considered as presctable professions.
Well I disagree. We do need repectable "God fearing" Islamic Scholar.
Reply

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I do understand where Iqbal bro is coming from if he is refering to some mullahs in Pakistan. But I disagree with it being the worst profession. That just gives a bad name to righteous scholars.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
^^exactly...lol.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I do understand where Iqbal bro is coming from if he is refering to some mullahs in Pakistan. But I disagree with it being the worst profession. That just gives a bad name to righteous scholars.
Not only in Pakistan but in most of the Muslim countries, sending ones normal child to this profession is the last choice of the parents. I'm not giving just my personal opinion about this profession. I want you to explain why parents think it's not good for their children to adopt this profession as their career.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Well parents need to not generalize. And they should make sure of the school they put them in. Choosing the run away option is an idiotic move.
Reply

Skillganon
01-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Not only in Pakistan but in most of the Muslim countries, sending ones normal child to this profession is the last choice of the parents. I'm not giving just my personal opinion about this profession. I want you to explain why parents think it's not good for their children to adopt this profession as their career.
Maybe because they all wan't their children to become Doctors and Engineer and earn big bucks?
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 12:58 AM
^^yea i was thinkin the same...
if a parent really wanted their child to seek islamic knowledge, they would find a good school for them. there are more good schools than bad, i think.
Reply

NobleMuslimUK
01-17-2007, 01:10 AM
In my view the following,
Prostitution - Prostitution is legal in many countries of the West; permits and licenses are issued to those who ply this trade, and prostitutes enjoy rights similar to other professionals. Islam absolutely rejects and condemns this practice, and forbids any female, free or slave, to earn money by selling her sexuality.

"...And do not force you slave-girls into prostitution if they desire chastity, in order that you may seek the pleasures of this world's life..." (24:33)

Dancing and Other Erotic Arts - Similarly, Islam does not permit sexually exciting dancing or any other erotic activity, such as suggestive or obscene songs, provocative dramas, and every type of rubbish which some people today term "art" and "progress".
The fact is that Islam prohibits every sort of sexual contact and sexual relationship outside marriage. This is the secret behind the significant words of the Quran prohibiting fornication and adultery (both of which are known as zina in Arabic).
"And do not come near zina; indeed, it is an abomination and an evil way" (17:32)

Making of Statues of living things.

Selling Alcohol or any type of intoxicants (drugs - cannabis, marijuana, cocaine opium and so on).

Also I would say becoming a lawyer to practice man-made laws. Joining the police force to uphold and re-enforce the man-made laws.
Only Sharia Law is prescribed for Muslims.
Any sort of business that deals in Usury (Interest charged or given on money).
May Allah SWT protect us from Haram professions.
Reply

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Not only in Pakistan but in most of the Muslim countries, sending ones normal child to this profession is the last choice of the parents. I'm not giving just my personal opinion about this profession. I want you to explain why parents think it's not good for their children to adopt this profession as their career.
When corruption is witnessed in any profession over a noticable period of time, people begin to hold negative views about it and tar every person associated with it in bad light. So it is not surprising that some parents do not wish their children to persue a career that is seen as dishonest and undisciplined.

However, I do think with the considerable amount of media coverage given to prominent scholars like zakir Naik, the Late Ahmed Deedat and others, on islamic TV channels, the negative view about scholars is changing rapidly. Hopefully this will change the somewhat distorted view about religious scholars and inshaAllah more parents will start encouraging their children towards this noble profession.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Skillganon
Maybe because they all wan't their children to become Doctors and Engineer and earn big bucks?
Some religious scholars make bigger bucks than doctors and engineers. Even the ordinary religious scholars make more than the new doctors in addition to free food and other undisclosed fringe benefits, but still parents consider the professions of doctors and engineers as more respectable.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Well then they obviously dont have Islam on their mind.
Reply

M2A^AKIB^
01-17-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
In my view the following,
Prostitution - Prostitution is legal in many countries of the West; permits and licenses are issued to those who ply this trade, and prostitutes enjoy rights similar to other professionals. Islam absolutely rejects and condemns this practice, and forbids any female, free or slave, to earn money by selling her sexuality.

"...And do not force you slave-girls into prostitution if they desire chastity, in order that you may seek the pleasures of this world's life..." (24:33)

Dancing and Other Erotic Arts - Similarly, Islam does not permit sexually exciting dancing or any other erotic activity, such as suggestive or obscene songs, provocative dramas, and every type of rubbish which some people today term "art" and "progress".
The fact is that Islam prohibits every sort of sexual contact and sexual relationship outside marriage. This is the secret behind the significant words of the Quran prohibiting fornication and adultery (both of which are known as zina in Arabic).
"And do not come near zina; indeed, it is an abomination and an evil way" (17:32)

Making of Statues of living things.

Selling Alcohol or any type of intoxicants (drugs - cannabis, marijuana, cocaine opium and so on).

Also I would say becoming a lawyer to practice man-made laws. Joining the police force to uphold and re-enforce the man-made laws.
Only Sharia Law is prescribed for Muslims.
Any sort of business that deals in Usury (Interest charged or given on money).
May Allah SWT protect us from Haram professions.
Well Said! :)
Mashallah!

As Salamualaikum
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Well then they obviously dont have Islam on their mind.
Yes. This is one of the reason. They only provide the lip service about Islam but don't practice Islam in their lives. They practice only the fundamentals of Islam properly. This is all what they want everybody else to do. They say that to do some useful work (for money) is not good in this world. They term working as worldly affairs. The fact of the matter is that everybody has to work in order to make a respectable living. Therefore, this is one of the reason that their profession is not considered as respectable. Moreover, what ever funds or money they get in the name of Islam, they don't provide any accounts. They react badly if someone asks them to show the accounts. They say that we're accountable to Allah only.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:37 AM
  3. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 12:52 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!