/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i'm not crying because.....

07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Bismillah

A man reached 70 years of age and he faced a disease; he could not urinate. The doctors informed him that he was in need of an operation to cure this disease. He agreed to have the operation done as the problem was giving him much pain for days. When the operation was completed, his doctor gave him the bill which covered all the costs. The old man looked at the bill and started to cry. Upon seeing this the doctor told him that if the cost was too high then they could make some other arrangements. The old man said "I am not crying because of the money but I am crying because Allah let me urinate for 70 years and He never sent me a bill."

=====

...and if you try to count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them... Surah Ibrahim

Allah states that the servants are never able to count His blessings, let alone thank Him duly for them. In Sahih Al-Bukhari it is recorded that the Messenger of Allah( Peace and blessings be upon him) used to supplicate;

«اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ غَيْرَ مَكْفِيَ وَلَا مُوَدَّعٍ وَلَا مُسْتَغْنًى عَنْهُ رَبَّنَا»

O Allah ! All praise is due to You, without being able to sufficiently thank You, nor ever wish to be cutoff from You, nor ever feeling rich from relying on You; our Lord!

It was reported that Prophet Dawud peace be upon him, used to say in his supplication, "O Lord! How can I ever duly thank You, when my thanking You is also a favor from You to me''
Allah the Exalted answered him, "Now, you have thanked Me sufficiently, O Dawud,'' meaning, `when you admitted that you will never be able to duly thank Me.'

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
07-08-2005, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imane
Bismillah

A man reached 70 years of age and he faced a disease; he could not urinate. The doctors informed him that he was in need of an operation to cure this disease. He agreed to have the operation done as the problem was giving him much pain for days. When the operation was completed, his doctor gave him the bill which covered all the costs. The old man looked at the bill and started to cry. Upon seeing this the doctor told him that if the cost was too high then they could make some other arrangements. The old man said "I am not crying because of the money but I am crying because Allah let me urinate for 70 years and He never sent me a bill."

=====

...and if you try to count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them... Surah Ibrahim

Allah states that the servants are never able to count His blessings, let alone thank Him duly for them. In Sahih Al-Bukhari it is recorded that the Messenger of Allah( Peace and blessings be upon him) used to supplicate;

«اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ غَيْرَ مَكْفِيَ وَلَا مُوَدَّعٍ وَلَا مُسْتَغْنًى عَنْهُ رَبَّنَا»

O Allah ! All praise is due to You, without being able to sufficiently thank You, nor ever wish to be cutoff from You, nor ever feeling rich from relying on You; our Lord!

It was reported that Prophet Dawud peace be upon him, used to say in his supplication, "O Lord! How can I ever duly thank You, when my thanking You is also a favor from You to me''
Allah the Exalted answered him, "Now, you have thanked Me sufficiently, O Dawud,'' meaning, `when you admitted that you will never be able to duly thank Me.'

Tafsir Ibn Kathir
:sl:

:) Sub-haan-Allah . . . :thumbs_up

:w:

Angel24
07-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Masha'Allah...
that was beautiful...
thankz for sharing it with us...imane sis....

junna1
07-09-2005, 01:59 AM

Masha allah sis, Imane. That was very beautiful. Jazakallah for posting it. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pinkrose
07-10-2005, 12:37 AM

Great Story sis Imane!! Mashallah!! :applaud:
Jazaakalah for sharing!! :D

:w: :wilted_ro

Ataraxis
07-10-2005, 05:05 AM
:applaud: Mash'Allah thanks for sharing :sister: ...interesting story! :) :rose:

Batoota
07-13-2005, 08:07 AM

That reminds me somewhat of prophet Ayoub's story! Very beautiful! :applaud:

Jazak Allah,

:w: :sister:

Bittersteel
07-13-2005, 08:25 AM
nice story.

muslim11
07-13-2005, 10:56 AM

Very beautiful story! May Allah :arabic2: reward you for sharing it.

07-13-2005, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim11

Very beautiful story! May Allah :arabic2: reward you for sharing it.

aamine to doa
jazaka allahu khair :)

- Qatada -
11-11-2005, 08:29 PM
wow masha Allaah! thats such a simple yet deep story.. alhamdulillah (all praise is due to Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala.)

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sapphire
11-11-2005, 08:37 PM
jazakkallah for that...it brought tears to my eyes....just made me think about my disease...i just came out of hospital coz of it.....:'( :'(

- Qatada -
11-11-2005, 08:42 PM
insha Allaah erythin will get better sis.. for all the muslim ummah.

subhan Allaah.. just wna put this hadith in:

Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6237:

Aswad reported that some young men from the Quraish visited 'A'isha as she was in Mina and they were laughing. She said: What makes you laugh? They said: Such and such person stumbled against the rope of the tent and he was about to break his neck or lose his eyes. She said: Don't laugh for I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If a Muslim runs a thorn or (gets into trouble) severe than this, there is assured for him (a higher) rank and his sins are obliterated.

Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6242:

Abu Sa'id and abu Huraira reported that they heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Never a believer is stricken with discomfort, hardship or illness, grief or even with mental worry that his sins are not expiated for him.

insha Allaah you'll get rewarded for this, in this life and the akhirah insha Allaah.. and even some of your sins will be forgiven insha Allaah.

sapphire
11-11-2005, 08:46 PM
ameen...i heard that the pains of this world will be soo much reward in the hereafter like even when we get pricked with a thorn we complain and moan but when we find out the reward we will wish we cut of our fingers with blunt scissors....can anyone help me find a hadith to support this because i cant remmeber what the mufti saheb used to support this point he made in his lecture....

- Qatada -
11-11-2005, 08:55 PM
yeah i've read that hadith myself sis.. i just cant find it right now sorry.

its like the people who got a punishment in this life unjustly - because they'll have such a good reward, all the other people would wish their skin was cut off by scissors in this life - so they could get a even better reward.

sorry i cant find it yet.. but its somthin similar to that i think.

Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.

Protected_Diamond
11-11-2005, 09:08 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

masha Allah that's so true, you only realise how much certain things mean to you once it's gone, or if you ill for example you just love Allah s.w.a for your health. Let's hope we all relise how much Allah s.w.a has blessed us with starting with our family.

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Uthman
11-11-2005, 09:23 PM

SubhanAllah!

And which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny?

May Allah forgive us for our shortcomings

h1jabi_sista
11-11-2005, 09:49 PM

subhanallah! we shud be soo grateful to allah for our health, for our lungs and our heart. our vital organs!!!! allah gave them to us as gifts and yet if they were to fail us then it wud cost loads of money to replace.

That is one the many bounties of allah subhana watha allah!

jazakallah for sharing!! well worth reading!

abou khaled
10-11-2012, 12:02 PM
A Lesson . . I Am Not Crying Because‏
A Lesson . . I Am Not Crying Because‏

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man reached 70 years of age and he faced a disease; he could not urinate. The doctors informed him that he was in need of an operation to cure this disease. He agreed to have the operation done as the problem was giving him much pain for days. When the operation was completed, his doctor gave him the bill which covered all the costs. The old man looked at the bill and started to cry. Upon seeing this the doctor told him that if the cost was too high then they could make some other arrangements. The old man said “I am not crying because of the money, I am crying because Allah let me urinate for 70 years and He never sent me a bill.”
…and if you try to count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them… {Surah Ibrahim}

White Rose
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Jazak Allah for sharing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.