/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Educational Program Honoring Wafa Idris

YamahaR1
07-08-2005, 05:16 PM
I was listening to a local radio program this morning and an article was read over the air. I do not know where it came from but the information that was presented is summarized below.

The Palestinian Authority (with funding from UNICEF) recently launched an educational program in honor of female suicide bomber, Wafa Idris. This course, called “Sha-hida (Martyr for Allah) Wafa Idris Course for Fatah Women Cadres, was aimed at educating women in following Wafa Idris’ footsteps.

Many in this world see Wafa Idris as a terrorist, a suicide bomber. And, the fact that there is a course encouraging young women to follow her example, gives the impression that Palestinians are encouraging terrorist acts by women.

Is there something I’m not understanding in all of this? How is this course a good thing? Or does anyone have more information on it that better explains what it is really about?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
07-08-2005, 07:25 PM
:sl:
It's hard to get a good idea of a landscape by peering through a microscope.

Suicide bombing and all terrorist activities are categorically forbidden in Islam, but why people resort to it is a different issue altogether. You need to understand the palestinian situation.

:w:

YamahaR1
07-08-2005, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl:
It's hard to get a good idea of a landscape by peering through a microscope.

Suicide bombing and all terrorist activities are categorically forbidden in Islam, but why people resort to it is a different issue altogether. You need to understand the palestinian situation.

I, in no way, can say that I understand every detail about the Palestinians but I am not ignorant either. I have studied Middle Eastern history quite a bit.

I have often seen and heard that terrorist activities are forbidden in Islam. Yet, when you see stuff like this, well.....it counters that what we are told, don't you think?

Here in the U.S., you will sometimes see an African-American wearing a shirt that says "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand." That is simply not an exceptable statement to me. Well, I'm not Palestinian, nor Muslim, and I am trying to understand these things when I see it but simply find it hard to do so in situations such as this.

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-08-2005, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YamahaR1
I have often seen and heard that terrorist activities are forbidden in Islam. Yet, when you see stuff like this, well.....it counters that what we are told, don't you think?
Not at all. Mathematics can solve many numerical problems, but there is no contradiction if we see a poor math student.

In short, judge Islam based upon its beliefs and laws, and not the mistakes of its followers, just as you wouldn't judge a science based upon the mistakes of its students.

Here in the U.S., you will sometimes see an African-American wearing a shirt that says "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand." That is simply not an exceptable statement to me.
I assume you mean an "acceptable" statement?

Anyway, that's not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I think the reason behind these actions is really quite obvious. It's desperation.

Well, I'm not Palestinian, nor Muslim, and I am trying to understand these things when I see it but simply find it hard to do so in situations such as this.
I'm not sure why. But if it helps, you may wish to consult the following link:
http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...us/index.shtml

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YamahaR1
07-08-2005, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
I assume you mean an "acceptable" statement?
Yes, that is what I meant. My fingers got ahead of my brain. :)

Thank you for your response.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.