now a fashion in expensive Italian Restaurants]

Milk:

The Prophet (SAW) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just
as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the
back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away
forgetfulness.

Honey:

Considered to be the best remedy for diarrhoea when mixed in hot
water. It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs.
It is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach,
eliminating phlegm; as a

meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye salve and mouthwash. It is
extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water and is also a
Sunnah.

Olive oil:

Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats
inflammation of the stomach.

Mushroom:

The Prophet (SAW) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes; it
also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis.

Grapes:

The Prophet (SAW) was very fond of grapes - it purifies the blood,
provides vigour and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the
bowels.

Dates:

The Prophet (SAW) said that a house without dates has no food and
also to be eaten at the time of childbirth.

Figs:

It is a fruit from paradise and a cure for piles.

Barley:

Good for fever in a soup form.

Melon:

The Prophet (SAW) said: "None of your women who are pregnant and eat
of water melon will fail to produce off spring who are good in
countenance and good in character."

Pomegranate:

The Prophet (SAW) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations
for 40 days.

Water:

The Prophet (SAW) said the best drink in this world and the next is
water; when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping
produces sickness of the liver.

So praise be to our beloved Nabi (SAW) who related us with marvelous
knowledge which dazzles the wisest minds. May this information be
beneficial to all of us Insha'Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Naira
01-15-2007, 12:53 AM
great post brother
jazakallah hu kheir

AvarAllahNoor
01-15-2007, 02:14 AM
No Meat??

Al_Imaan
01-15-2007, 03:06 AM
i've read this before but it helped refresh my memory...thanx bro

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 04:40 AM
interesting. JazakAllah Khair :)

Malaikah
01-15-2007, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Numaan
Melon:

The Prophet (SAW) said: "None of your women who are pregnant and eat
of water melon will fail to produce off spring who are good in
countenance and good in character."

Pomegranate:

The Prophet (SAW) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations
for 40 days.
:sl:

Wow, do you have a source for this?

Jazakaallah khayr.

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
No Meat??
He ate meat.

AvarAllahNoor
01-15-2007, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

He ate meat.
Can I see sources please? :)

M.I.A.
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
why be silly?
we know what was made halal and haram, the attributes given to the foods mentioned is what is in question.. and in that respect allah knows best, until a source is stated which can be trusted.

anyhow maybe clinical trials can be done of said food to find out, melons for preagnant women and pomegranate for psychotic patients.. or you could just do dua for any of these things as surely allah is the only one who can provide.

- Qatada -
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM

A jewish woman from banu nadheer asked the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) which part of the lamb the Messenger of Allaah liked the most, and he said the shoulder. So she put poison in it and served the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his companion.

Ibn Hisham. Al-Sira al-Nabawiyya (The Life of The Prophet). English translation in Stillman (1979), pp. 148–149

Al-Bukhaari (5777) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: When Khaybar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me.” The Jews were gathered and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?” They replied, “Yes.” He asked, “Have you poisoned this sheep?” They said, “Yes.” He asked, “What made you do that?” They said, “We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would have got rid of you, and if you are a Prophet then the poison would not harm you.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to feel ill because of this food, and he would be treated with cupping for that.

Ahmad (2784) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a Jewish woman sent a gift to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) of a poisoned roasted sheep. He sent for her and asked her, “What made you do what you did?” She said, “I wanted to see if you were a Prophet, then Allaah would tell you about it, and if you were not a Prophet the people would be rid of you.” Whenever the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) felt ill as a result of that he would have himself treated by cupping. On one occasion he traveled and when he entered ihraam he felt ill as a result of that and he had himself treated by cupping. The editor of al-Musnad classed it as saheeh.

That had an impact in causing his death, so he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died as a martyr (shaheed), as Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“If I were to swear by Allaah nine times that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was killed, that is more beloved to me than swearing once, because Allaah made him a Prophet and made him a martyr.” Narrated by Ahmad, 3617. The editors said, its isnaad is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

Al-Sindi said: The words “he was killed” mean by the poison in the meat of the sheep’s foreleg that he ate, when the effects of that appeared when he was dying.

Quoted from Haashiyat al-Musnad, 6/116.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=32762&ln=eng&txt=

Peace. :)

AvarAllahNoor
01-15-2007, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
why be silly?
we know what was made halal and haram, the attributes given to the foods mentioned is what is in question.. and in that respect allah knows best, until a source is stated which can be trusted.

anyhow maybe clinical trials can be done of said food to find out, melons for preagnant women and pomegranate for psychotic patients.. or you could just do dua for any of these things as surely allah is the only one who can provide.
I'm just curious. If Mohammed is documented to have consumed meat, would you not have sources? If he didn't I'm sure muslims that claim to try fo follow his path down to the last detail, will want to give it up. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 10:11 PM
wow SubhanAllah :(. JazakAllah Khair for that bro Fi.

Nuseyba bintkab
01-16-2007, 11:39 AM
wow that is so good to know what the prophet(PEASE BE UPON HIM) use to eat

Periwinkle18
01-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Jazakaallah khayr

wow i didn't know tht Pomegranate cleanses us from satan and evil

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.