/* */

PDA

View Full Version : vote for da 3 most important lang in da world

dream gurl
01-14-2007, 10:12 PM
1.......arabic
2.......english
3.......french/spanish

arabic is the number one cuz of the quran......future,past present..................the world be4 and da world after
i said english cuz it is the second most spoken language
i guess french 2

:Koran: :Crescent:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
i agree with u. ill lean more towards spanish than french cuz some jobs require u to learn spanish. especially here in the US.

IB-Staff
01-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Poll added :shade:

snakelegs
01-15-2007, 12:25 AM
i voted arabic, english, and french/spanish. i really wanted to vote urdu (cuz i like it and am learning it), but there are probably more spanish/french speakers in the world than urdu.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aisha20
01-15-2007, 12:38 AM
spanish.. n english. this two languages r importants to find a job in ma country. n arabic.. to know what is written in the quraan ;)

Naira
01-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Arabic, Urdu and English
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...total_speakers

sevgi
01-15-2007, 03:16 AM
well english is a must. then probably french coz it is pretty wide spread and i need it in my history degree coz most sources are written in french and very rarely translated into english.which makes life hard for me and siadvantages me realtive to those who know french. and then arabic coz it is such a rich language mashallah.one word is so meaningful, u need a sentence to translate it to english.

Al-Zaara
01-15-2007, 06:56 AM
:sl:

1. Arabic
2. English
3. German

I chose my langs thinking how much world wide they are spread, and that they are not only used by those with the language as their Mother tongue.
Why did people vote so much for Urdu? 'Cause it's their Mother lang? :? It's almost only spoken in India by Indians, then in the UK by those who immigrated from India. Haven't heard of many people speaking Urdu with Italian, Swedish or French as their Mother tongue.

I myself don't see how Urdu would be one of the 3 most important languages in the world... Maybe 8th or something. :X
Don't kill me Urdu speaking people, this is only my humble opinion!

ژاله
01-15-2007, 07:36 AM
1-arabic
2-english
3-urdu

Umar001
01-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Lol @ Urdu, haha, was that a serious option?

naz87
01-15-2007, 08:49 AM
arabic and english

dont think urdu is important...

starfortress
01-15-2007, 08:49 AM
:sl:

Where is the Mandarin lang:exhausted

Skillganon
01-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Come on how's urdu on the poll?

According to wikipedia Bengali is more spoken than urdu.

chacha_jalebi
01-15-2007, 09:00 AM
salaam

elo ello

i voted for

1- english, because you can use it anywer,
2 - arabic ~ because useful for readin the Quran & its like the lingo of muslims:D
3 - others ~ panjabi!!! urdu jus get ya tongue twisted,but panjabi ( not mirpuri, the real PANJABI:p) its heavy

this poll isnt gona b accurate lol:D, cos obviously in sumwer lik france its useful, to talk french+not useful to talk gaelic:p

Snowflake
01-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Islamically - Arabic
Socially - English
Personally - Urdu

Helena
01-15-2007, 10:23 AM
first choice: english that is across the world..which we can communicate with others...

second choice....arabic...its my first choice too........language that must be learnt inshAllah...

third choice....others...Bengali that i use home and out with others...other than that urdu,hindi, i speak with others if needed...

brenton
01-15-2007, 10:55 AM
For me it is:
1. Arabic
2. English
3. Chinese
in no order--Chinese is Mandarine & Cantonese, but you are talking billions of people worldwide and a future super power, followed by
4. Spanish
5. French
6. German
7. Russian

Woodrow
01-16-2007, 04:11 AM
It all depends on the purpose of what you are planning to use the language for.

For Religious purposes I would say the 3 most important languages are:

Arabic
Hebrew
Latin

For Commerce the 3 most important are:

English
Portuguese
Mandarin

For science and technology

English
German
Latin or Greek

For myself and my life choices:

Arabic
English
Lithuanian (I am just now relearning it)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.