/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Troubling question...

IzakHalevas
01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Why is Hitler book on why the Jews should be exterminated from this earth being sold in Arabic all across the Middle East?

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.c...pg_jpg_jpg.htm

I find it very scary.

I saw someone reading it at a Cafe today. I was about to confront the person, but decided not to.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AHMED_GUREY
01-15-2007, 01:41 AM
because it sells?

that is why Kalle Haeglund published it in swedish

that is why Houghton Mifflin purchased the copyright ownership in America

it was a best seller on the German Amazon site till 99'

it was a best seller in Turkey

http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issue..._royalties.php

an english translation of the book continues to sell 20 000 copies every year why fear and single out the Arabic translation? prejudged?

north_malaysian
01-15-2007, 01:47 AM
I never seen "Mein Kempf" in Malaysian bookstores... maybe it's banned here..

abdmez
01-15-2007, 04:40 AM
because it sells?
Do you think it sells for history purposes or because people agree with the ideas of wanting to kill Jews? I think more history probably, but ya never know with all. I hope none of our brothers or sisters agree with that mad man.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
01-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Well, it is no secret that anti-Jewish programming is fairly popular in some corners of the Arab world.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Thats rediculously a stupid idea. that just adds more fuel to the fire :X

aamirsaab
01-15-2007, 09:06 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
Why is Hitler book on why the Jews should be exterminated from this earth being sold in Arabic all across the Middle East?

I find it very scary.
It is odd, that's for sure. Though, I have, quite a while ago, heard some very disturbing comments from certain muslims on LI with regards to Hitler (i.e, agreeing with him!) so part of me isn't surprised.

I saw someone reading it at a Cafe today. I was about to confront the person, but decided not to.
Perhaps he just wanted to read the book out of curiosity or research. It would be unfair to judge him just yet as his intentions are not known to us.

AHMED_GUREY
01-15-2007, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdmez
Do you think it sells for history purposes or because people agree with the ideas of wanting to kill Jews? I think more history
probably,
it would be unfair to say that the english translation is solely bought by individuals that are interested in world History and at the same time say the arabic one is to spread hate

there might those with that agenda but Allah Alam

but ya never know with all. I hope none of our brothers or sisters agree with that mad man.
mad man indeed!

Sabbir_1
01-16-2007, 12:44 AM
because they like reading.. especially books written about killing jews..

iqbal_soofi
01-16-2007, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
because they like reading.. especially books written about killing jews..
Jews made some evil (zionist) designs agaist others. Therefore, Hitler was not the only person who got offended by zionism. Majority of his nation and other nations were also very offended. He was a very popular among his people although he was a dictator only because he took strict measures against those evil designs. That's why all other nations who have been offended by the zionist designs like to read this book.

north_malaysian
01-16-2007, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Jews made some evil (zionist) designs agaist others. Therefore, Hitler was not the only person who got offended by zionism. Majority of his nation and other nations were also very offended. He was a very popular among his people although he was a dictator only because he took strict measures against those evil designs. That's why all other nations who have been offended by the zionist designs like to read this book.
Jews and Zionists are two different thing....

Woodrow
01-16-2007, 05:48 AM
It is actually a very boring book. If a person is not reading it for historical insight I would say they are reading it out in the public for "Shock Value". The only redeeming quality it has as literary value is it is the proper thickness to be used to prop a short leg on a wobbly coffee table.

north_malaysian
01-16-2007, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is actually a very boring book. If a person is not reading it for historical insight I would say they are reading it out in the public for "Shock Value". The only redeeming quality it has as literary value is it is the proper thickness to be used to prop a short leg on a wobbly coffee table.
Why I never read "Mein Kampf":

1) I'm not interested. Any book talking about racist ideologies... not interested.... including "The Malay Dilemma".

2) Nobody sells it in Malaysia... because I never seen it... in fact I never known any malaysians that have read that book ... it might be banned or something...

lolwatever
01-16-2007, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas

I find it very scary.

why r u makn it as if its only sold in middle east :? its everywhere..

north_malaysian
01-16-2007, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
why r u makn it as if its only sold in middle east :? its everywhere..
:cry:

Muezzin
01-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Perhaps 'Mein Kampf' has only just been translated into Arabic and people are genuinely curious as to its contents? I'm not saying Hitler was right or any such nonsense, it's just people might have historical interest or, as Woodrow said, are looking for 'shock factor'.

FBI
01-16-2007, 01:03 PM
:sl:

I doubt any sane muslim would agree with hitler, cause hitler would probably used them as slaves in their kitchen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.