/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saddam's Co-defendants Hanged

SilentObserver
01-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Hussein's half-brother, other co-defendant hanged

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Saddam Hussein's half-brother and the chief judge under his Baath Party regime followed him to the gallows early Monday, hanged for their roles in the killings of 148 men and boys after a 1982 assassination attempt, a defense lawyer said.

Barzan Hassan, the former chief of his secret police, and Awad Bandar, the country's former chief judge under the former regime, were hanged about 5 a.m. Monday (9 p.m. Sunday ET), said Badee Aref, a defense lawyer for several of the former regime officials.

A source in the office of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki confirmed the executions had taken place.

A close source to the Iraqi High Tribunal told CNN that both men were executed at the same location where Hussein had been executed and a building where Hussein's intelligence officers had hanged so many others. The men were executed at the same time, the source said.

Hassan and Bandar were sentenced to death in November for the executions of 148 people from the mostly-Shiite Muslim village of Dujail after an unsuccessful attempt to kill Hussein. Their death sentences were upheld by an Iraqi appeals court in December but delayed amid the controversy surrounding Hussein's Dec. 30 execution.

Mobile-phone video of Hussein's hanging showed Shiite guards taunting the Sunni former dictator on the scaffold, outraging other Sunnis and sparking criticism of the execution as a sectarian lynching.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...ons/index.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FBI
01-15-2007, 07:53 AM
:sl:

What goes around comes around, may allah grant them mercy.

sevgi
01-15-2007, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

What goes around comes around, may allah grant them mercy.
Amin. may Allah grant mercy on them.

naz87
01-15-2007, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
why? they were murderers

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
01-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Allahs mercy is above all that. it inshallah does not differecnciate or discriminate. the fact that they are murders stresses that they need all the mercy they can get.

Diesel1907
01-15-2007, 08:20 AM
as long as they are muslims I'll pray for them whether they are murderers or not.

sevgi
01-15-2007, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Diesel1907
as long as they are muslims I'll pray for them whether they are murderers or not.
and so u should....thats the muslim spirit.:)

Naira
01-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Inna lillah wa ina ilaihi raji'oon

sevgi
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naira
Inna lillah wa ina ilaihi raji'oon
can u translate this for me,....i always hear it but never asked what it meant...

this will also make u a full member as it would be ur 50th post!!!

Diesel1907
01-15-2007, 08:31 AM
can u translate this for me,....i always hear it but never asked what it meant...

this will also make u a full member as it would be ur 50th post!!!
roughly it translates like: we came from Allah, and we will return to Him.

Diesel1907
01-15-2007, 08:32 AM
in turkish; "Allah'tan geldik, ve ona donecegiz." It's in suurah anqaboot.

sevgi
01-15-2007, 08:37 AM
are u turkish???

Naira
01-15-2007, 08:43 AM
To Allah we belong and truly to Him we shall return.
i am already a full member my Reputation is 49

sevgi
01-15-2007, 08:46 AM
check ur reps sis naira...

naz87
01-15-2007, 08:50 AM
the guy killed 148 people, i dont understand how anyone could pray for somebody like that

sevgi
01-15-2007, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naz87
the guy killed 148 people, i dont understand how anyone could pray for somebody like that
then u havnt understood islam fully yet...

no offence intended.

Diesel1907
01-15-2007, 08:53 AM
are u turkish???

my housemates are turkish.

naz87
01-15-2007, 08:56 AM
then u havnt understood islam fully yet...

no offence intended.
your right i probably haven't

sevgi
01-15-2007, 08:57 AM
my housemates are turkish.
howd u know i was turkish.?..and u live in one of the houses originating from the M.F.G foundation dnt u....so do i...but in Australia. this is so cool.its so nice interacting with real 'hizmet' people.(if u dnt know whta that is u can ask ur housemates.

SilentObserver
01-16-2007, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

may allah grant them mercy.
why? they were murderers
Allahs mercy is above all that. it inshallah does not differecnciate or discriminate. the fact that they are murders stresses that they need all the mercy they can get.
Why don't people on this forum say "may Allah grant them mercy" when american soldiers are killed?

SilentObserver
01-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Why don't you pray for nonmuslims?

brenton
01-16-2007, 02:49 AM
So, one of them was beheaded by the rope. Is that a special insult for Muslims, because I know that was a punishment for some offenders of Islam in early days.

Woodrow
01-16-2007, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
Why don't you pray for nonmuslims?
Quite simply, the road has come to an end. The person is not Muslim so it would be very hypocritical to pray for them to become Muslim at this point.

We do not know the outcome of Allah's (swt) justice for them.

We will offer condolances to the families if we know the family, however for the deceased we do not believe our prayers would be of any benefit to them after death.

Woodrow
01-16-2007, 03:06 AM
When a person who has professed to be a Muslim. We pray that they have died as a Muslim and that Allah(swt) will have returned them to the "sirat mustaqeem" prior to death and that they are being judged as a Muslim.

Also all Muslims are part of the Ummah and we have no way nor right to question if the person did or did not die as a Muslim. We have to think in terms that the person during his last breath died as a true Muslim.

We know that after Death we can no longer change the outcome of the person's fate. But, we can express concern that the person died as a Muslim and was walking the "Sirat Mustaqeem" at the moment of death, no matter what we heard or saw during that person's life.

These are my own understandings and parphrased thoughts . Astagfirullah

north_malaysian
01-16-2007, 03:51 AM
In Malay language: "Dari Allah kita datang, dan kepada Allah kita pulang"

north_malaysian
01-16-2007, 03:54 AM
i hope they dont show any images about the hanging... no more kids to copycat that act...

and for the family of the victims who died in copycat hangings because of the images shown on tv and internet... they should sue the Iraqi government for alowing those images to be shown worldwide...

Diesel1907
01-16-2007, 04:01 AM
howd u know i was turkish.?..and u live in one of the houses originating from the M.F.G foundation dnt u....so do i...but in Australia. this is so cool.its so nice interacting with real 'hizmet' people.(if u dnt know whta that is u can ask ur housemates.
You told me you were turkish in a private message before. I couldn't write you back since I'm a limited member. :)

sevgi
01-16-2007, 07:37 AM
You told me you were turkish in a private message before. I couldn't write you back since I'm a limited member. :)
oh. my bad. i remember...

tc.:)

Diesel1907
01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
i hope they dont show any images about the hanging... no more kids to copycat that act...

and for the family of the victims who died in copycat hangings because of the images shown on tv and internet... they should sue the Iraqi government for alowing those images to be shown worldwide...

they released the video of the new hanging, and it's more violent than the first one.

Muezzin
01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
This belongs in World Affairs.

FollowingAlhuda
01-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Havent you read the Hadith about the man that killed 100 men?

I sujest you should!

''La Taqnato Min Rahmati Allah! Inna Allaho Yaghfiro Dunouba Yamee3a. Innahu Huwa Lghafuru Raheem!''

Ninth_Scribe
01-16-2007, 06:00 PM
OMG! Those were my exact words a couple years back! Dude, you're freaking me out! Trust me, when you see enough of this world, you'll learn to pray for 'somebody like that'. You pray for people who need them, not for people who don't.

Ninth Scribe

north_malaysian
01-17-2007, 01:51 AM
they released the video of the new hanging, and it's more violent than the first one.
stupid, stupid, stupid...:raging: that's all I can say....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.