/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what does the way we die mean?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-15-2007, 06:44 PM
:salamext:

recently i been pondering over the meaning of the way in which a muslim leaves the dunya and enters the akhirah. There are those who die whilst drinking/dancing and fornicating (audhubillaah may Allaah grant us protection from such a fate), there are those who die in their beds seeming peaceful enough, there are those who die suddenly, without warning, without time to utter laa ilaaha illalah (may Allaah grant us time to utter his tawheed and the risaalah of rasullulah saws), and then there are those who die after performing hajj ul-akbar (friday hajj) Allahu akbar, there are those who die fi-sabilillaah in jihaad fillah and there are those who die in many ways of which martyrdome is gained.

Main thing i want to say is: when we compare the deaths of the great beautiful people of the past it makes you wonder, rasullulah saws died in his bed as did abu bakr RA, as did khalid ibn waleed.

So by this isnt it allright to conclude that you can never tell the fate of a person by the way they died? i heard having the sincere intention to be shaheed grants a person the status of a shaheed.

inshaAllaah lets have more thoughts, does the way a person dies indicate how they will be treated in the grave or the akhirah?

:salamext:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FBI
01-15-2007, 07:19 PM
:sl:

So by this isnt it allright to conclude that you can never tell the fate of a person by the way they died? i heard having the sincere intention to be shaheed grants a person the status of a shaheed.
For intention to be accepted, someone must actually be considering performing a specific action for example, say u wanna go to fajar in the masjid u wake up on time do wudo and u suddenly fall down the stairs and break your leg, allah will grant u the reward of praying in the masjid, since it was only u falling down the stair that prevented you from doing so, intention alone isn't enough one must follow with action if they don't succeed then they get the reward cause allah knows they were sincere.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-15-2007, 07:51 PM
jazakAllah khair, and lol example :)

Sabbir_1
01-16-2007, 12:50 AM
I thought u died the way u lived.. live by the gun, die by the gun.
.but like u mentioned about khalid bin waleed... he didnt die in battle...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-16-2007, 05:10 AM
I doubt if we can tell what type of a person was by the death they die. Here in the US, because of our use of lethal injection. Hardened unrepented criminals of the worse kind are vitualy guaranteed a quiet painless death.

While it is not uncommon to find that some very pious peaceful people of all faiths often die horrible violent deaths.

north_malaysian
01-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Suddenly I remembered a pic of a prominent Muslim businessman died while doing adultery during Nias Island, Indonesia earthquake in 2005. They printed it in a Malaysian magazine, "Mustika". It's not a fake pic.

They found his body under the rubbles of his house with a woman, both naked ... in a condition of they're "doing" it.

May God forbid that kind of death among all of us forummers. It's shameful.

Malaikah
01-16-2007, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Hardened unrepented criminals of the worse kind are vitualy guaranteed a quiet painless death.

While it is not uncommon to find that some very pious peaceful people of all faiths often die horrible violent deaths.

The pain isn't so much about how they die, but what state they are in, because if they are evil, the actual death i.e. removal of the soul from the body, is the painful part.

the hadeeth of Imaam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him) from al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib who said: “We went out with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for the funeral of a man from among the Ansaar, and we reached the grave whilst it was still being dug. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sat down and we sat down around him, and it was as if we had birds on our heads. In his hand was a stick with which he was scratching in the earth. He raised his head and said, ‘Seek refuge with Allaah from the punishment of the grave,’ two or three times. Then he said, ‘Verily, when the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him angels from heaven with white faces, as if their faces are the sun. They bring with them one of the shrouds of Paradise and some of the perfume of Paradise. They sit with him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death (peace be upon him) comes to him and sits by his head and says, ‘O pure soul, come out to the forgiveness and pleasure of Allaah.’ Then his soul comes flowing out like a drop of water flowing from a cup. Then he takes the soul, and no sooner does he seize it but they take it and place it in that shroud and perfume. Then out of it comes the most excellent fragrance of musk to be found on the face of the earth. Then they ascend with it and they do not pass by any group of angels but the angels ask, ‘Who is this pure soul?’ and they reply, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so’ – using the best names by which he was known on earth. Then they bring it to the lowest heaven, and ask for it to be opened, and it is opened for him. Those who are of high rank in each heaven accompany it until they approach the next heaven, and so it goes until it reaches the seventh heaven. Then Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says: ‘Record the book of My slave in ‘Illiyoon (the highest heaven) and take him back to the earth, for I created them from it, and I shall return them to it, then I shall take them out from it again.’ Then his soul is returned to his body and two angels come and make him sit up, and ask him, ‘Who is your Lord.’ He says, ‘Allaah.’ They ask, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘My religion is Islam.’ They ask, ‘Who is this man that was sent amongst you?’ He says, ‘He is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him.’ They ask him, ‘What knowledge do you have?’ He says, 'I read the Book of Allaah and I believed in it.’ Then a voice will call out from heaven, ‘My slave has spoken the truth. Prepare for him a bed from Paradise and give him clothes from Paradise, and open for him a door to Paradise.’ And he will feel its breeze and smell its fragrance, and his grave will be widened for him as far as his eye can see. Then a man with a handsome face, beautiful clothes and a pleasant fragrance will come to him and say, ‘Good news! This is the day that you were promised.’ He will say, ‘Who are you? You face looks as if it brings good news.’ He will say, 'I am your good deeds.’ (The deceased) will say, ‘O Lord, let the Hour come so that I may see my family and my wealth again.’

When the disbelieving slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him angels from heaven with black faces, bringing with them sackcloth. They sit with him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death comes to him and sits by his head and says, ‘O evil soul, come out to the wrath and anger of Allaah.’ Then his soul disperses in his body and is dragged out like a skewer being pulled out of wet wool. Then he takes the soul, and no sooner does he seize it but they take it and place it in that sackcloth. Then out of it comes the most putrid stench of rotten flesh to be found on the face of the earth. Then they ascend with it and they do not pass by any group of angels but the angels ask, ‘Who is this evil soul?’ and they reply, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so’ – using the worst names by which he was known on earth. Then they bring it to the lowest heaven, and ask for it to be opened, and it is not opened for him.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited (interpretation of the meaning): “… For them the gates of heaven will not be opened, and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle” [al-A’raaf 7:40]. Then he said, “Then Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says: ‘Record the book of My slave in Sijjeen (the lowest Hell) in the lowest earth. Then his soul is cast down.” Then he recited (interpretation of the meaning): “… and whoever assigns partners to Allaah, it is as if he had fallen from the sky, and the birds had snatched him, or the wind had thrown him to a far off place.” [al-Hajj 22:31]. He said, “Then his soul is returned to his body and two angels come and make him sit up, and ask him, ‘Who is your Lord.’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ They ask, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ They ask, ‘Who is this man that was sent amongst you?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ Then a voice will call out from heaven, ‘He is lying. Prepare for him a bed from Hell and open for him a door to Hell.’ And he will feel its hot winds and smell its stench, and his grave will be constricted for him until his ribs interlock. Then a man with an ugly face, ugly clothes and a horrible stench will come to him and say, ‘Bad news! This is the day that you were warned about.’ He will say, ‘Who are you? You face looks as if it brings bad news.’ He will say, 'I am your evil deeds.’ (The deceased) will say, ‘O Lord, do not let the Hour come!’” (Musnad al-Imaam Ahmad, 17803; this is a saheeh hadeeth).

May Allah swt make us of the believing slaves!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-16-2007, 09:54 AM
^Audhubillah at malaysian, and Malaikah thats what i meant subhanAllaah, its so hard to tell. You know i use to keep asking people about the look of the person just before their death but then i realised so many people (kaafirs) say that their loved ones died such a peaceful death... so its confusing. I guess its only in the ghayb where the torment takes place..

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I doubt if we can tell what type of a person was by the death they die. Here in the US, because of our use of lethal injection. Hardened unrepented criminals of the worse kind are vitualy guaranteed a quiet painless death.

While death by lethal injection may not be physically painful, but it is a humiliating way to die with your sins exposed and punished in front of the world. I can't think of a more painful death than that.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
While death by lethal injection may not be physically painful, but it is a humiliating way to die with your sins exposed and punished in front of the world. I can't think of a more painful death than that.
how about slowly getting sliced up limb by limb? im not even kidding, also most of those died by injections arent heard about well i dont hear about it and i read all sorts of newspapers and watch news on all channels.

i think most people would think the death is painless... and no kaafir thinks of shame especially when dying... i really doubt they do...

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i think most people would think the death is painless... and no kaafir thinks of shame especially when dying... i really doubt they do...
true, perhaps it's not humiliating for them, but still for others they become an example of a humiliating end for their acts of humiliating others.

Have u heard about Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (founder of the Ahmadiyya movement)? The man who claimed to be a Prophet, na udhu billah! He died in the toilet as a result of complications resulting from Diarrhea.

Malaikah
01-16-2007, 11:21 AM

^Are you serious?! Man, that is just... :uuh:

May Allah swt protect us from that!

Snowflake
01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
^Ameen.. yeah sis, he claimed to be the 'second coming of Jesus' na udhu billah! :X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirza_Ghulam_Ahmad

IbnAbdulHakim
01-16-2007, 11:41 AM
so doesnt such a death wake up his followers? how can you follow a man who died in a toilet :uuh:

FBI
01-16-2007, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
so doesnt such a death wake up his followers? how can you follow a man who died in a toilet :uuh:
Tell that to all the elvis impersonators.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!