/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Satan's Horrible Acts

Pygoscelis
01-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Other than tempting people from God and Salvation, what acts does Satan do in the Bible or Quran that are terrible? Does he kill anybody?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-16-2007, 01:44 AM
It is an image of scandal, humiliation, arrogance, banishment and eternal curse. Satan is described in the Quran as the deadliest enemy of man. He refused to prostrate himself to Adam and rejected this command of God who banished and cursed him but gave him respite until the Day of Resurrection. Due to his arrogance and envy he declared that he will do his best to bring about the fall and the doom of Adam and humanity. Thus in the Quran, Satan is the source of all evils in human life. Man is warned against that greatest foe of his i.e. Satan. Satans main goal is to lead people astray from God and take them with him to the hellfire.

Jayda
01-16-2007, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Other than tempting people from God and Salvation, what acts does Satan do in the Bible or Quran that are terrible? Does he kill anybody?
hola Pygocelis,

Satan was an angel who was given a beautiful name "bringer of light" but selfishly wanted things that were not for him, and would do any horrible thing to get what he wants...

format_quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 14:12-15
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations? And thou saidst in thy heart: I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit in the mountain of the covenant, in the sides of the north. I will ascend above the height of the clouds, I will be like the most High. But yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, into the depth of the pit.
he wants to be above God (which is blasphemous and impossible) and will throw us all into hell to get what he wants... it is something indescribably selfish and like all sins impossible to satisfy and impossible to ever attain... but like an alcoholic there is no rock bottom... he continues to drink thinking that all his indulgence will someday bring him this impossible thing that he wants. he no longer listens to God, he resents Him... so he is lost... and wants us to be lost with him...

Dios te bendiga

Malaikah
01-16-2007, 02:05 AM
Does he kill anybody?
He is not as close minded as that. He doesn't gain anything from murder unless:

1. The person he murdered died in a state of disbelief. That would make him happy, one more person to fuel hell-fire.:rollseyes

2. That particular murder was done through another human, therefore getting that human to commit a major sin, and at the same time killing another person.

etc....

What is murder really when compared to persuading people to sin with the aim of securing them a seat in the eternal hell fire?

The story of the Devil:

11. And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being), then We told the angels, "Prostrate to Adam", and they prostrated, except Iblîs (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrate.

12. (Allâh) said: "What prevented you (O Iblîs) that you did not prostrate, when I commanded you?" Iblîs said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay."

13. (Allâh) said: "(O Iblîs) get down from this (Paradise), it is not for you to be arrogant here. Get out, for you are of those humiliated and disgraced."

14. (Iblîs) said: "Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

15. (Allâh) said: "You are of those allowed respite."

16. (Iblîs) said: "Because You have sent me astray, surely I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path.

17. Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."

18. (Allâh) said (to Iblîs) "Get out from this (Paradise) disgraced and expelled. Whoever of them (mankind) will follow you, then surely I will fill Hell with you all."

Chaper 7 (Quran)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pygoscelis
01-16-2007, 03:05 AM
My asking of this question flows from a conversation I recently had with a self described Satanist. I told him that I could not be of like mind because Satan does too many nasty things (or so I believe). He asked me to name a few and I was unable to do so.

If one views God (rightly or wrongly) in a negative light, and as a bad guy instead of a good guy, then does Satan become a heroic figure, fighting against God, or does Satan do terrible things like killing, stealing etc.

I have heard Satan described as the Father of Lies. Can anybody tell me the origin of this? Does the Quran or Bible tell us that Satan causes us to lie or hurt one another?

dougmusr
01-16-2007, 03:46 AM
My asking of this question flows from a conversation I recently had with a self described Satanist. I told him that I could not be of like mind because Satan does too many nasty things (or so I believe). He asked me to name a few and I was unable to do so.

If one views God (rightly or wrongly) in a negative light, and as a bad guy instead of a good guy, then does Satan become a heroic figure, fighting against God, or does Satan do terrible things like killing, stealing etc.

I have heard Satan described as the Father of Lies. Can anybody tell me the origin of this? Does the Quran or Bible tell us that Satan causes us to lie or hurt one another?
Jn 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Malaikah
01-16-2007, 04:30 AM
That is disgusting! :raging:

The Devil is nothing but a pure enemy of every human being! He might not kill/steal himself but he is the one who tempts humans to do it and make it seem permissible and less evil for them! He wants nothing more than to fill the hell-fire with people! The more the merrier. As if he cares about anyone else, he knows that he is doomed himself.

Even if you view God to be 'evil' (May God protect us from such foolish ideas!), how does rebelling help? The devil has his place in hell reserved already, by 'worshipping' or teaming up with him a human is doing nothing but securing themselves an eternal seat in hell!

Do they think that the devil will help them when the angel of death comes to them, and forceful snatches their soul? No! He will laugh at them, happy to have secured another person for the hell fire!

And what will the devil say to him when they meet on the Day of Judgement?! Are they still a team? Is he still his 'friend'?? No! He will betray him completely:

His companion (Satan devil)] will say: "Our Lord! I did not push him to transgress, (in disbelief, oppression, and evil deeds) but he was himself in error far astray."

[50:27]
Honestly, some people just have nothing to rebel against so they rebel against themselves.

Pygoscelis, you don't actually believe in Satan do you? I mean, you don't even believe in God.

Pygoscelis
01-16-2007, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
That is disgusting! :raging:
Well, I don't mean to offend you, but that is how God appears to many atheists and believers of religions other than the monotheistic ones. I'm not pushing it, just aknowledging it exists.

He wants nothing more than to fill the hell-fire with people!
This is what I'm asking about. And thank you, dougmusr for the reference. That's what I'm seeking. Does Satan state an agenda to put people in Hell or just to rebel against God? Are there any biblical or quranic verses stating that Satan WANTS harm to come to people, or just that he wants them to stand up to or go astray from God, harm being the ultimate consequence due to God's will and power?

Even if you view God to be 'evil' (May God protect us from such foolish ideas!), how does rebelling help? The devil has his place in hell reserved already, by 'worshipping' or teaming up with him a human is doing nothing but securing themselves an eternal seat in hell!
Well thats really a question of morality vs obedience. Many find it moral and right to stand up to "evil" even knowing that they can not win.

No! He will laugh at them, happy to have secured another person for the hell fire!
This is what I'm looking for. Please substantiate this claim, and then I can use it when next I speak to the satanist refered to in the OP.

Pygoscelis, you don't actually believe in Satan do you? I mean, you don't even believe in God.
You are correct. I don't believe that either actually exist. But that doesn't make them uninteresting as literary figures. The Satanist refered to above DOES believe in Satan and God as do the Christians and Muslims here. That alone makes it a fascinating concept.

Malaikah
01-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Are there any biblical or quranic verses stating that Satan WANTS harm to come to people, or just that he wants them to stand up to or go astray from God, harm being the ultimate consequence due to God's will and power?
Yes it is very clear that he wants to harm us. As I mentioned in my first post:

1. He is arrogant and thinks that he is better than us. Is this what you call a justified reason to rebel against the Almighty God? Arrogance?

Iblîs said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay."

2. He declared to lead us astray:

(Iblîs) said: "Because You have sent me astray, surely I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path.

Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."
[/B]

(Allâh) said (to Iblîs) "Get out from this (Paradise) disgraced and expelled. Whoever of them (mankind) will follow you, then surely I will fill Hell with you all."

Chaper 7 (Quran)

Here he states explicitly that he has betrayed us (The setting is the Day of Judgement):

And Shaitan will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me with as a partner with Allah. Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers).
[14:22]

I haven't got any other resources at quote from at the moment, perhaps someone else can quote something.

Keltoi
01-16-2007, 02:45 PM
I think of the Devil as the opposite of everything embodied in Jesus Christ. One poster described Satan as "the enemy of man", and I think that is a valid description.

glo
01-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Although some satanists actually worship Satan as a person, to my understanding most satanists don't.

Instead they follow the idea of Satan rising up against God's authority.
In some way it preaches anarchy - the defiance against authority.

These behaviours are evident throughout Bible history:
  • Adam and Eve defy God by eating the fruit which will give them 'the knowledge of good and evil' , i.e. will make them more 'like God'
  • People build the tower of Babel to 'become like God'
  • The Israelites turn away from God while Moses is on the mountain and build themselves a golden idol, i.e. a 'replacement for God'

These are the behaviours Satanists aspire to. To defy God and his authority. To fulfill their own needs, wishes and desires.
Foe many non-believers that may not sound so bad. Many people have a 'live-and-let-live' and 'do-what-you-like-as-long-as-you-harm-no-one' attitude.

For believers (Muslims, Christians and Jews alike) that concept is quite shocking! When all they strive for is the exact opposite: to put God first, to lead the kind of live which would please God.
So looking at Satan from the eyes of a monotheist, Satan is the ultimate enemy: he tries to come between believer and God, to tempt and entice people away from God, and thereby to destroy the one thing which is most precious: the relationship with God.

peace

akulion
01-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Well sis to put it simply...

The worst of the worst things that humanity does..including torture, killing etc etc are ALL suggestions from the satan.

But he SUGGESTS...the people ACT

So on the day of judgment when he is asked if he MADE those people do those things, he will turn his back on them and say "I only whispered it to them, it is they who acted on it"

So deception (telling people lies) and arrogance (in front of god) are the 2 major things he does.

Apart from that I dont believe he kills or anything

Abdul Fattah
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Well the answer is very simple. He has lied to every single being that exists; Making the evil look good and making the good look evil to them. So that means he is partially responsible for a lot of wrongdoings of this world.

Pygoscelis
01-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Thank you all for your responses.

Glo, you are right on the money as far as most of the Satanists I know. It isn't that they believe Satan actually exists, though some do (ie the one I was speaking to that started this thread). Most do not. Most simply see Satan as a heroic literary figure fighting against tyrany/opression/conformity/obedience (whether the God Character in the Bible (and they see him as literary figure not an actual being) is in the eye of the reader), sort of like a Robin Hood.

Most I know are this way in reaction to the Bible and not the Quran though. I doubt many of them have any knowledge whatsoever about Islam, but that may be because they come from the same culture I do where Christianity is dominant.

I wanted you folks to list some of the negative acts associated with Satan because I honestly wasn't aware of any. Reading the Bible gave me the impression that his only "negative" trait was his rebellion against God, and if God is a negative being then that becomes a virtue. And I think that is how people become Satanist.

Woodrow
01-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I have met a few self-proclaimed satanists. To be honest I do not believe they had any concept as to who or what satan is. They struck me more as anti-authority radicals and simply enjoyed the ability to shock other people.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-18-2007, 11:48 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...f+the+shaytaan

:)

Pygoscelis
01-19-2007, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have met a few self-proclaimed satanists. To be honest I do not believe they had any concept as to who or what satan is. They struck me more as anti-authority radicals and simply enjoyed the ability to shock other people.
This group also exists yes. A lot of these people actually turn out to be children of hard core Christians and so its how they rebel.

I think its a very different group than those who are brought up secular or otherwise non christian and then read the bible and see Satan as a heroic literary figure (the ones I was refering to the in the posts above).

syilla
01-19-2007, 02:26 PM
i think this board has the satanist religion thread somewhere.....

it has alot of info in it....but i don't really know where :hiding:

sorry.

Skillganon
01-20-2007, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
... Making the evil look good and making the good look evil to them. So that means he is partially responsible for a lot of wrongdoings of this world.
That is more of an accurate description of his prupose, ultimately to lead a portion of mankind into hell.

tasha
01-20-2007, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola Pygocelis,

Satan was an angel who was given a beautiful name "bringer of light" but selfishly wanted things that were not for him, and would do any horrible thing to get what he wants...

Dios te bendiga
i was under the impression that satan was not an angel. from my past studies i learned that angels have no will of their own and they obey allah swt. So is satan a jinn? and Allah swt created angels from light. someone answer this for me.

Fishman
01-20-2007, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasha
i was under the impression that satan was not an angel. from my past studies i learned that angels have no will of their own and they obey allah swt. So is satan a jinn? and Allah swt created angels from light. someone answer this for me.
:sl:
Islam says he is a Jinn, Christianity says he was an Angel.
:w:

- Qatada -
01-20-2007, 05:28 PM
:salamext:

Angels don't disobey Allaah, Men/women and Jinn can.

Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!

[Qur'an 18:50]

tasha
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM
thanks for clearin that up. so are all jinn created from fire?

- Qatada -
01-20-2007, 06:29 PM

Yeah, from a smokeless fire.

The Noble Qur'an - Ar-Rahmaan 55:15, 15

He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery.
And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire.

http://muttaqun.com/jinn.html

tasha
01-20-2007, 10:12 PM
:sl:
thanks brother
:w:

Woodrow
01-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I once heard it said "The inner most thoughts of the most pure man living today, are sufficient to embarass Shaytan"

If I recall correctly that was paraphrasing something originaly said by Mark Twain and has no Qur'anic source. But, it is something I tend to agree with.

Shaytan is truly out to prevent mankind from worshipping Allah(swt). But, we are the ones who become willing partners with him in our desire to achieve pleasure. Shaytan tempts us to view pleasure as happiness and to seek pleasure over the joy of happiness, that can only come from worshipping Allah(swt)

AHMED_GUREY
01-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Semi-Off topic!

i have a question what drove Shaytaan to become what he is today?, cause i used to hear that when someone did something wrong it was due to Shaytaan whispering in the persons ear, now what i would like to know is who and what was whispering in the ears of Shaytaan when he had it all and was the nr 1 Jinn ?

was it Pride? is this the reason why it is a sin to feel pride?

- Qatada -
01-21-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
Semi-Off topic!

i have a question what drove Shaytaan to become what he is today?, cause i used to hear that when someone did something wrong it was due to Shaytaan whispering in the persons ear, now what i would like to know is who and what was whispering in the ears of Shaytaan when he had it all and was the nr 1 Jinn ?

was it Pride? is this the reason why it is a sin to feel pride?

Sister Malaikah posted this earlier bro:

The story of the Devil:
11. And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being), then We told the angels, "Prostrate to Adam", and they prostrated, except Iblîs (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrate.

12. (Allâh) said: "What prevented you (O Iblîs) that you did not prostrate, when I commanded you?" Iblîs said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay."

13. (Allâh) said: "(O Iblîs) get down from this (Paradise), it is not for you to be arrogant here. Get out, for you are of those humiliated and disgraced."

14. (Iblîs) said: "Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

15. (Allâh) said: "You are of those allowed respite."

16. (Iblîs) said: "Because You have sent me astray, surely I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path.

17. Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."

18. (Allâh) said (to Iblîs) "Get out from this (Paradise) disgraced and expelled. Whoever of them (mankind) will follow you, then surely I will fill Hell with you all."
Chaper 7 (Quran)

From the above story we know that it was pride and arrogance which made shaytaan turn away from Allaah's commands. shaytaan felt too proud to obey Allaah and this is why he (and those who follow his way) are of the losers.

Shaytaan can't harm us unless Allaah wills, he can't even force us to do sin. However he can whisper to us to do evil so we incline to do that [maybe so it excites our desires etc], but at the end of the day we have the choice of either doing that evil action or turning away from it. This whispering is called waswasa.

Whenever we have the feeling of doing anything evil, we should seek refuge in Allaah by saying a'oodhu billaahi min-ashaytaan-ir-rajeem [I seek refuge in Allaah from the accursed shaytaan] and these evil thoughts will go away. This will have a greater impact on the person depending on their level of faith.

And Allaah Almighty knows best. :)

AHMED_GUREY
01-23-2007, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Sister Malaikah posted this earlier bro:
Thanks bro :) and thank you Sister Malaikah:thumbs_up

wilberhum
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Does he (Satan) kill anybody?
That is an interesting question. No one really answered it.
You just can’t get a simple answer to a simple question. You know, like Yes or No.
The answer I would give is No. I would assume that most if not all, would answer the same.

My question is:
Some people kill for god.
But, do some people kill for Satan?
Do they call out his name as they commit murder?

Pygoscelis
02-12-2007, 10:41 PM
There may be the odd psycho that does. The kind that hear voices etc. But more often they think they act for good than evil (even if they are truly deranged).

Muezzin
02-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Satan's a slippery scumbag - from my understanding, he's generally considered in theology as giving people just the right nudge they need to unlock the evil within themselves, rather than performing their evil deeds himself through possession or something.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I dunno, all the Goths I knew in college were really nice people...

Attention Goths, I am joking and am not equating you with Satanists. Goths are cool and some write really brilliant vampire stories.

Malaikah
02-13-2007, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
The answer I would give is No. I would assume that most if not all, would answer the same.
I would answer yes. Satan is the one who encourages people to kill others, though he might not carry the knife himself, he is the one who fuels the fire.

My question is:
Some people kill for god.
But, do some people kill for Satan?
Do they call out his name as they commit murder?
Killing for God isn't murder, it is justice.

And I can't imagine why anyone would murder while saying the devils name. Maybe a satanist:rolleyes: , no one else, although it would probably be the devil who fuelled the murder in the first place.

wilberhum
02-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Ya, OBL justice. :mad:

Pygoscelis
02-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Scary quote of the week.

Malaikah
02-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Congratulations! Who does it feel to have won assumption of the week award?:rolleyes:

Where the hell did I say I was talking about OBL?

I was talking about capital punishment.

For example, if you unjustly murder someone, you punishment is to be killed, if the family of the dead wish for that to be your punishment. That is killing for God's sake (in other words, justice).

wilberhum
02-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Congratulations! Who does it feel to have won assumption of the week award?:rolleyes:

Where the hell did I say I was talking about OBL?

For example, if you unjustly murder someone, you punishment is to be killed, if the family of the dead wish for that to be your punishment. That is killing for God's sake (in other words, justice).
You said:
OBL kills for god. You say killing for god is justice. The conclusion is obvious.

That is killing for God's sake
For god's sake? God needs people running around killing each other?
Truly:
Scary quote of the week.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-13-2007, 01:27 AM
It should also be obvious that it should be for the right reasons. Not be a psychotic maniac claiming "G-d told me to do it."

wilberhum
02-13-2007, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
It should also be obvious that it should be for the right reasons. Not be a psychotic maniac claiming "G-d told me to do it."
And who gets to define the "right reasons"?

Malaikah
02-13-2007, 01:29 AM
well obviously just because someone calls X, even though it is Y, doesn't mean it really is X does it?

I'm not British, no matter how much I say I am British, it doesn't make me British.

Just like you aren't a girl, no matter how much you might say you are, doesn't make you one.

Honestly it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.:rolleyes:

Malaikah
02-13-2007, 01:31 AM
For god's sake? God needs people running around killing each other?
God's sake= everything that is good. Including justice. If that means someone committed a crime so bad that his punishment is death, so be it, that is justice, for God's sake.

And who gets to define the "right reasons"?
Obviously, God does! Ever heard of Shariah law? It was written by God. That is what we are meant to follow.

wilberhum
02-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Obviously, God does!
Then bring him to court. I want to make sure it is him and not some imposter.

Ever heard of Shariah law? It was written by God.
I think that might be the imposter I'm concerned about.

Malaikah
02-13-2007, 01:48 AM
So, basically, Muslims have to have their courtrooms judged by God, but it is okay for everyone else in the world to have a human judge?

Just because our laws are designed by God, doesn't mean he has to be the one who judges by them.

I'm pretty sure the guy who originally wrote the laws that Britain runs by isn't the one who still judges all the court cases.

Why should it be any different with Muslim? The only difference is that our law was written by God, and is handled by humans, while all other laws were written by humans and are handled by humans.

Seriously, why the double standards?

Oh, and don't worry, God will set up up his own court- the ultimate court, on the Day of Judgement. Any injustice that occured in this life will be fixed up then.

Pygoscelis
02-13-2007, 08:51 AM
.Where the hell did I say I was talking about OBL?

We can only respond to what you actually write. You wrote that killing in the name of God is justice. That sounds pretty scary to me. You made no reference to capital punishment or anything like that. I'm glad that you specified after the fact though. You're not as scary as you made yourself appear.

But when you go casually saying things like "KIlling for God is Justice" is it any wonder that Islamophobia runs rampant?

Malaikah
02-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm glad that you specified after the fact though. You're not as scary as you made yourself appear.
LOL. Nice to know.

Sorry, you are right, I need to be a little bit more careful. I thought what I meant was pretty obvious... I guess not... at least not to non-Muslims anyway.

north_malaysian
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola Pygocelis,

Iblis was the chief of the angels formerly known as Azazil (Lucifer), there are arguments saying that Iblis himself is not an angel, but a jinn. His descendants are known as "Shaytan" (Satan).

Angels are made from the light, satans from fire, jinns from smoke and humans from clay.

Pygoscelis
02-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Boys are made of slime and snails and puppydog tails.

Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

Sorry, I felt an urge to post that. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Iblis was the chief of the angels formerly known as Azazil (Lucifer), there are arguments saying that Iblis himself is not an angel, but a jinn. His descendants are known as "Shaytan" (Satan).

Angels are made from the light, satans from fire, jinns from smoke and humans from clay.
Iblis is of the jinn.

Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!

[Surah Al-Kahf :: Verse 50]

north_malaysian
02-14-2007, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

Iblis is of the jinn.

[Surah Al-Kahf :: Verse 50]
How he was chosen to be the Chief of all angels?:rolleyes:

Malaikah
02-14-2007, 05:01 AM
^Because he used to be a very 'pious' jinn, and was given an elevated status, until he let his arrogance destroy him.

north_malaysian
02-14-2007, 05:04 AM
^Because he used to be a very 'pious' jinn, and was given an elevated status, until he let his arrogance destroy him.
can we have an Islamic source to this..... I'm just curious.... because lots of stories are taken from Israelite stories.....

Malaikah
02-14-2007, 06:24 AM
^It isn't an Isrealite story, they view the devil as an angel turned evil.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.