/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus In Islam

Sami Zaatari
01-16-2007, 02:10 PM
we always talking about Jesus in Christianity etc etc, but hey lets talk about Jesus in Islam! Isa!

http://muslim-responses.com/jesus_in...esus_in_islam_

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dougmusr
01-16-2007, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
we always talking about Jesus in Christianity etc etc, but hey lets talk about Jesus in Islam! Isa!

http://muslim-responses.com/jesus_in...esus_in_islam_
According to Islam, was Jesus sinless?

mariam.
01-16-2007, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dougmusr
According to Islam, was Jesus sinless?
of course he is (peace be upon him) and all the prophets
"He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;
And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;
And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed;
And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life."(19,30-31-32-33)
peace

Skillganon
01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Of course he was a muslim who was following the Law of Allah(s.w.t) that was during his time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dougmusr
01-16-2007, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
of course he is (peace be upon him) and all the prophets
"He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;
And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;
And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed;
And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life."(19,30-31-32-33)
peace
Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 93:
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532v:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "The believers will be kept (waiting) on the Day of Resurrection so long that they will become worried and say, "Let us ask somebody to intercede far us with our Lord so that He may relieve us from our place.

Then they will go to Adam and say, 'You are Adam, the father of the people. Allah created you with His Own Hand and made you reside in His Paradise and ordered His angels to prostrate before you, and taught you the names of all things will you intercede for us with your Lord so that He may relieve us from this place of ours? Adam will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking.' He will mention his mistakes he had committed, i.e., his eating off the tree though he had been forbidden to do so. He will add, 'Go to Noah, the first prophet sent by Allah to the people of the Earth.' The people will go to Noah who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking' He will mention his mistake which he had done, i.e., his asking his Lord without knowledge.' He will say (to them), 'Go to Abraham, Khalil Ar-Rahman.' They will go to Abraham who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking. He would mention three words by which he told a lie, and say (to them). 'Go to Moses, a slave whom Allah gave the Torah and spoke to, directly and brought near Him, for conversation.'

They will go to Moses who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking. He will mention his mistake he made, i.e., killing a person, and will say (to them), 'Go to Jesus, Allah's slave and His Apostle, and a soul created by Him and His Word.' (Be: And it was.) They will go to Jesus who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking but you'd better go to Muhammad the slave whose past and future sins have been forgiven by Allah.' So they will come to me, and I will ask my Lord's permission to enter His House and then I will be permitted.

If this Hadith is correct, it indicates several things.

1. Adam ate of the forbidden fruit, Abraham lied, Moses murdered.
2. It says Muhammad sinned.
3. It says Muhammad is more worthy before God than Jesus.

mariam.
01-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Mr.dougmusr .. this Hadith is correct but I have afew point to explaine:
all the prophets are sinless .. but in other side they are human ..
maybe they make mistakes but,not a major one that can effect the message

The Prophet said, "The believers will be kept (waiting) on the Day of Resurrection so long that they will become worried and say, "Let us ask somebody to intercede far us with our Lord so that He may relieve us from our place.
Now I will leave you with this koranic verses that can explaine what I intend:

Then they will go to Adam and say, 'You are Adam, the father of the people. Allah created you with His Own Hand and made you reside in His Paradise and ordered His angels to prostrate before you, and taught you the names of all things will you intercede for us with your Lord so that He may relieve us from this place of ours? Adam will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking.' He will mention his mistakes he had committed, i.e., his eating off the tree though he had been forbidden to do so.
And (We said): O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the garden; so eat from where you desire, but do not go near this tree, for then you will be of the unjust.
But the Shaitan made an evil suggestion to them that he might make manifest to them what had been hidden from them of their evil inclinations, and he said: Your Lord has not forbidden you this tree except that you may not both become two angels or that you may (not) become of the immortals.
And he swore to them both: Most surely I am a sincere adviser to you.
Then he caused them to fall by deceit; so when they tasted of the tree, their evil inclinations became manifest to them, and they both began to cover themselves with the leaves of the garden; and their Lord called out to them: Did I not forbid you both from that tree and say to you that the Shaitan is your open enemy?
They said: Our Lord! We have been unjust to ourselves, and if Thou forgive us not, and have (not) mercy on us, we shall certainly be of the losers.
He said: Get forth, some of you, the enemies of others, and there is for you in the earth an abode and a provision for a time.
He (also) said: Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised.

He will add, 'Go to Noah, the first prophet sent by Allah to the people of the Earth.' The people will go to Noah who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking' He will mention his mistake which he had done, i.e., his asking his Lord without knowledge.
Until when Our command came and water came forth from the valley, We said: Carry in it two of all things, a pair, and your own family-- except those against whom the word has already gone forth, and those who believe. And there believed not with him but a few.
And he said: Embark in it, in the name of Allah be its sailing and its anchoring; most surely my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.
And it moved on with them amid waves like mountains; and Nuh called out to his son, and he was aloof: O my son! embark with us and be not with the unbelievers.
He said: I will betake myself for refuge to a mountain that shall protect me from the water. Nuh said: There is no protector today from Allah's punishment but He Who has mercy; and a wave intervened between them, so he was of the drowned.
And it was said: O earth, swallow down your water, and O cloud, clear away; and the water was made to abate and the affair was decided, and the ark rested on the Judi, and it was said: Away with the unjust people.
And Nuh cried out to his Lord and said: My Lord! surely my son is of my family, and Thy promise is surely true, and Thou art the most just of the judges.
He said: O Nuh! surely he is not of your family; surely he is (the doer of) other than good deeds, therefore ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge; surely I admonish you lest you may be of the ignorant
He said: My Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from asking Thee that of which I have no knowledge; and if Thou shouldst not forgive me and have mercy on me, I should be of the losers.

' He will say (to them), 'Go to Abraham, Khalil Ar-Rahman.' They will go to Abraham who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking. He would mention three words by which he told a lie,
And certainly We gave to Ibrahim his rectitude before, and We knew him fully well.
When he said to his father and his people: What are these images to whose worship you cleave?
They said: We found our fathers worshipping them.
He said: Certainly you have been, (both) you and your fathers, in manifest error.
They said: Have you brought to us the truth, or are you one of the triflers?
He said: Nay! your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, Who brought them into existence, and I am of those who bear witness to this:
And, by Allah! I will certainly do something against your idols after you go away, turning back.
So he broke them into pieces, except the chief of them, that haply they may return to it.
They said: Who has done this to our gods? Most surely he is one of the unjust.
They said: We heard a youth called Ibrahim speak of them.
Said they: Then bring him before the eyes of the people, perhaps they may bear witness.
They said: Have you done this to our gods, O Ibrahim?
He said: Surely (some doer) has done it; the chief of them is this, therefore ask them, if they can speak

and say (to them) 'Go to Moses, a slave whom Allah gave the Torah and spoke to, directly and brought near Him, for conversation.'
They will go to Moses who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking. He will mention his mistake he made, i.e., killing a person,
And he went into the city at a time of unvigilance on the part of its people, so he found therein two men fighting, one being of his party and the other of his foes, and he who was of his party cried out to him for help against him who was of his enemies, so Musa struck him with his fist and killed him. He said: This is on account of the Shaitan's doing; surely he is an enemy, openly leading astray.
He said: My Lord! surely I have done harm to myself, so do Thou protect me. So He protected him; surely He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

and will say (to them), 'Go to Jesus, Allah's slave and His Apostle, and a soul created by Him and His Word.' (Be: And it was.) They will go to Jesus who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking but you'd better go to Muhammad the slave whose past and future sins have been forgiven by Allah.' So they will come to me, and I will ask my Lord's permission to enter His House and then I will be permitted.
It says Muhammad sinned.
He frowned and turned (his) back,
Because there came to him the blind man.
And what would make you know that he would purify himself,
Or become reminded so that the reminder should profit him?
As for him who considers himself free from need (of you),
To him do you address yourself.
And no blame is on you if he would not purify himself
And as to him who comes to you striving hard,
And he fears,
From him will you divert yourself.

It says Muhammad is more worthy before God than Jesus.
When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).
And he shall speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age, and (he shall be) one of the good ones.
She said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to I me, and man has not touched me? He said: Even so, Allah creates what He pleases; when He has decreed a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is.
And He will teach him the Book and the wisdom and the Tavrat and the Injeel.
And (make him) an apostle to the children of Israel: That I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I determine for you out of dust like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with Allah's permission and I heal the blind and the leprous, and bring the dead to life with Allah's permission and I inform you of what you should eat and what you should store in your houses; most surely there is a sign in this for you, if you are believers.
And a verifier of that which is before me of the Taurat and that I may allow you part of that which has been forbidden t you, and I have come to you with a sign from your Lord therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah and obey me.
Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path.
Mr.dougmusr prophet mohammad was sent by God to all the humanity.. he is the last prophet ... this hadith don't show us who is the best .
all the prophets are our ideal that we should follow.
I hope you appreciate my write .. peace

dougmusr
01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Mr.dougmusr prophet mohammad was sent by God to all the humanity.. he is the last prophet ... this hadith don't show us who is the best .
all the prophets are our ideal that we should follow.
I hope you appreciate my write .. peace
I do appreciate it.

all the prophets are sinless .. but in other side they are human ..
maybe they make mistakes but,not a major one that can effect the message
What is the difference between a mistake and a sin?

They will go to Jesus who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking but you'd better go to Muhammad the slave whose past and future sins have been forgiven by Allah.'
What did Jesus mean when He said He was not fit to interceed for sins? What flaw did Jesus have which made Him make this statement?

DAWUD_adnan
01-16-2007, 07:27 PM
jesus didnt flaw in anyway.....obviously , but it may be that becuase of the accusations made by christians he might feeel afraid to go to Allah(God).. think about it

dougmusr
01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
jesus didnt flaw in anyway.....obviously , but it may be that becuase of the accusations made by christians he might feeel afraid to go to Allah(God).. think about it
Are you saying that we as individuals will be held accountable before God for what others say about us even if it is clearly not true?

Skillganon
01-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Because Allah(s.w.t) did not bestow that favour he bestowed on prophet Muhammad(s.w.t), and that is all one need to know.

Doughmusr; "the according to Islam was Jesus sinless"? does not work with muslim. It is all to common stategy.

Secondly we all know in islam that Allah(s.w.t) wipes away the sins of whom he wills (those who repent).

dougmusr
01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Doughmusr; "the according to Islam was Jesus sinless"? does not work with muslim. It is all to common stategy.
I'm sorry, how is asking a question about one of the prophets of Islam a strategy?

Sami Zaatari
01-16-2007, 07:57 PM
doug why do you try to make trouble and compare prophets? this has no place in Islam, cant u just be respectful or do u want us to bow and say jesus is the besttttttttt jesus is better than Muhammad etc etc, is that what u want? if u dont like the Prophet Muhammad fine thats all nice, but dont try dividing our prophets against one another because thats what u are constantly trying to do and it will NEVER work. I just made a simple thread to talk about Jesus in Islam, which is the least provoking topic and yet for some reason u come to try and make arguments and divide, why?????????????? sheesh!

Sami Zaatari
01-16-2007, 07:58 PM
you ask what flaw did jesus has, who knows, only Allah does, do u expect us muslims to have a manual for every single act a prophet did? i mean ur bible is completly silent on Jesus' youth all the way up to age 33! so why do u expect every small specific detail on everything when ur own book does not provide it? hmmmmmm very strange indeed.

dougmusr
01-16-2007, 11:40 PM
doug why do you try to make trouble and compare prophets? this has no place in Islam, cant u just be respectful or do u want us to bow and say jesus is the besttttttttt jesus is better than Muhammad etc etc, is that what u want? if u dont like the Prophet Muhammad fine thats all nice, but dont try dividing our prophets against one another because thats what u are constantly trying to do and it will NEVER work. I just made a simple thread to talk about Jesus in Islam, which is the least provoking topic and yet for some reason u come to try and make arguments and divide, why?????????????? sheesh!
you ask what flaw did jesus has, who knows, only Allah does, do u expect us muslims to have a manual for every single act a prophet did? i mean ur bible is completly silent on Jesus' youth all the way up to age 33! so why do u expect every small specific detail on everything when ur own book does not provide it? hmmmmmm very strange indeed.
From your topic "Is the Prophet Job God"

christians claim that jesus is god because he is sinless, they say being sinless is an attribute which shows u are god, well if thats true then job must also be god because the bible says that he too is sinless:
It seems you were asking the same question about Job that I asked about Jesus. Was your post sincere? If so, how is mine suspect? I think the character of Jesus is a valid discussion since He is mentioned in the Hadith and the Quran and He is central to both Islam and Christianity. While I doubt that either of us will convert/revert to the others religion, let's not rule God out of the equation. There is still hope for both of us, don't you think?

Skillganon
01-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry, how is asking a question about one of the prophets of Islam a strategy?
because I heard it before and it is one of the thing missionary use. I think it was in "Gary Miller's" lecture. I do not deny you sincerity in asking the question or wanting to know if that was the case.

Anybody interested can listen to it here: http://www.islamicinvitationcentre.c...ary_Miller.htm

It is somewhere in one of those topic.

mariam.
01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
I do appreciate it.
thank God

What is the difference between a mistake and a sin?
they give away them life to deliver this Godly messege then they make mistake with out knowing becouse of them inside as human .. with out effect the message .... they didn't makes sins to fulfil them desire.

What did Jesus mean when He said He was not fit to interceed for sins? What flaw did Jesus have which made Him make this statement?
mr.dougmusr please I want you to read this koranic verses with you heart ..
On the day when Allah will assemble the apostles, then say: What answer were you given? They shall say: We have no knowledge, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.
When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.
And when I revealed to the disciples, saying, Believe in Me and My apostle, they said: We believe and bear witness that we submit (ourselves).
When the disciples said: O Isa son of Marium! will your Lord consent to send down to us food from heaven? He said: Be careful of (your duty to) Allah if you are believers.
They said: We desire that we should eat of it and that our hearts should be at rest, and that we may know that you have indeed spoken the truth to us and that we may be of the witnesses to it.
Isa the son of Marium said: O Allah, our Lord! send i down to us food from heaven which should be to us an ever-recurring happiness, to the first of us and to the last of us, and a sign from Thee, and grant us means of subsistence, and Thou art the best of the Providers.
Allah said: Surely I will send it down to you, but whoever shall disbelieve afterwards from among you, surely I will chastise him with a chastisement with which I will not chastise, anyone among the nations.
And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.
I did not say to them aught save what Thou didst enjoin me with: That serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord, and I was a witness of them so long as I was among them, but when Thou didst cause me to die, Thou wert the watcher over them, and Thou art witness of all things.
If Thou shouldst chastise them, then surely they are Thy servants; and if Thou shouldst forgive them, then surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.
Allah will say: This is the day when their truth shall benefit the truthful ones; they shall have gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide in them for ever: Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Allah; this is the mighty achievement.
Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and what is in them; and He has power over all things.
we don't know What flaw did Jesus have which made Him make this statement
but I think this verses maybe can explain the causation .. God knows best

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.