01-17-2007, 11:42 AM
:sl:

What are these two sockets for?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
01-17-2007, 11:50 AM
salams sis

the one on the left is a 'DVI' socket... new graphics card support DVI technology which is faster than the standard 'VGA' that your comptuer is currently using

DVI = Digital Video Input

hope that helps!
take care salamz

Malaikah
01-17-2007, 11:50 AM

How did you know that was a computer? :mmokay:

lolwatever
01-17-2007, 11:51 AM
^ monitor, i think :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:00 PM
lol yeh it's a monitor..

lolwatever bro, how can I make the speakers in my monitor work? I was hoping them sockets were prob for speaker leads. :(

lolwatever
01-17-2007, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
lol yeh it's a monitor..

lolwatever bro, how can I make the speakers in my monitor work? I was hoping them sockets were prob for speaker leads. :(

dere should be a green ended lead that came with the screen, plug that into your green socket in the back of ur machine should work inshalah..

lemme know if ne probz popup

all the best :w:

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:08 PM
will this do?

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I have lead with green and blue ends. But I can't see a place to plug it into in the monitor? There just seems to be a socket for headphones. :embarrass

lolwatever
01-17-2007, 12:11 PM
that deosnt look like it to me... it should be like a green end ... one of these sorta cables

http://media.ldlc.com/ld/articles/00...00502306_2.jpg

one end plugged into screen, and the other plugged into the back of ur actual tower/case/computer

tc salamz

lolwatever
01-17-2007, 12:12 PM
^ could be black as well... but as long as its the same sorta connector...

Malaikah
01-17-2007, 12:13 PM

^Do you realised you just posted a huge pic that says LCLD.com? :?

lolwatever
01-17-2007, 12:15 PM
^ they must hav banned ppl from usin their pics on other sites.. i put direct link now instead. thx 4 pointin that out :offended:

salams

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 12:18 PM
^lollll

I don't know how I could get that into my pc or monitor :confused: I mean I don't have them shaped sockets anywhere.

lolwatever
01-17-2007, 12:25 PM
ohhh omg oops i just realised yeh... idiots they ban ppl from usin their pics :raging:

http://media.ldlc.com/ld/articles/00...00502306_2.jpg

u need 2 visit that link direclty to c wat im on about

are you sure there's no tiny hole sitting around? any ports ont eh side of the screen?

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Bro the lead in the link is almost identical to the I said I have (green end/blue end).

But there's only a port with a headphone symbol on it. :? :X

this one..

lolwatever
01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Bro the lead in the link is almost identical to the I said I have (green end/blue end).

But there's only a port with a headphone symbol on it. :? :X

this one..
yepppp thats the one!!! :D

it should connect from screen to ur computer case :D

giv it a go n tell us how it goes

all the best
:w:

Snowflake
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
lol bro I stuck it in the headphone port but it didn't work. But alhumdulillah I discovered a hidden port.. I think it must be the one. It was covered with a piece of plastic which I removed with a knife. But this lead doesn't go into it. So inshaAllah tomorrow I'll go and get one that fits. Case solved. lol

JazakAllah khair for your help. May Allah reward you ABUNDANTLY. Ameen.

Modz may close this thread now. Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.