/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is the tide turnning?

SATalha
01-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Is it me or are people in my area becomming closer to the deen? Me and my friends recently decided that our lives needed changes, we werent gangstar O G's but we just whent to uni came home and Islam didnt play a big part. However now two of my friends are in college studying seera, tajweed, fiqh and retaking a-levels and i started my salah properly. I notice the change in my area, can anyone tell me if this is the case in other places?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Is it me or are people in my area becomming closer to the deen? Me and my friends recently decided that our lives needed changes, we werent gangstar O G's but we just whent to uni came home and Islam didnt play a big part. However now two of my friends are in college studying seera, tajweed, fiqh and retaking a-levels and i started my salah properly. I notice the change in my area, can anyone tell me if this is the case in other places?
I believe it is actually happening. Here in the US there seems to have been a lot more outpouring of Muslims acting like Muslims and setting standards for decency.

I did a little historical searching of this area and discovered that from the 1800s untill the early 1900s there was a Muslim town located about 20 miles south of Austin. What is unusual is the Town was located on property owned by the Greek Orthodox Church. The Church granted the Muslim settlers the right to stay and build on the land as long as they kept an active Masjid. One of if not the first Masjid in Texas was built on the property. A fair number of Muslim settlers moved there and the town developed under sharia. For some reason in the 1930s nearly all of the residents of the town packed up and returned to their various homelands, abandoning the Town.

The few remaining residents gave up country life and moved into Austin. The Masjid became inactive and in the 1950s or 1960s the Greek Orthodox Church established a Seminary on the land. The Islamic cemetery remains untouched and the Greeks have assured that it will always be a Muslim cemetary. The Greek seminarians have been taking care of the grounds and with the exception of the seminarians only Muslims are permitted access to the Cemetary.

There are still one or 2 residents of the old Muslim Town living in Austin. I met one on line while trying to contact other Muslims in Austin. That was how I found out about the Town and it's history.

It would be wounderful if us Muslims here in Austin could re construct that dream again.

That desire for reconstructing a Muslim city is a big impetus for many of us here in Austin.

FBI
01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
:sl:

Sadly I've seen the oposit, people I thought were on the deen are suddenly seen going off with non-mahram women, people's iman goes up and down.

Woodrow
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
:sl:

Sadly I've seen the oposit, people I thought were on the deen are suddenly seen going off with non-mahram women, people's iman goes up and down.
Sad to hear that. Maybe the Ummah is like a balloon. You take a balloon put one end under pressure and it becomes smaller, but the other end will then be pushed into an increased area and exerts more air pressure then it previously had.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
01-17-2007, 07:49 PM
No change here at all for the better

The mullah club just increased its burning anything that dosent agree with them

And the mod club only started shakin their booty faster

sickening really

SATalha
01-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I cant say I am perfect, there so many things that i need to rectify. So make dwa for me... i know its selfish for me to ask coz thers so many others that need it more than me. One thing is for certain when i wake in the mourning preyers Islam is in my head and when i sleep Islam is in my head as well. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
when you change it feels like your whole world changes, because of the beauty you start noticing around you, but for real its only your insides that have changed and because of that... you see things differently.

thats wat i rekon

SATalha
01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah maybe thats true.

snakelegs
01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
woodrow,
that was really interesting about the muslim town in texas. wonder if there were others?

SATalha
01-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah its amazing how Islam has travelled in these places thanks for that.

Woodrow
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
woodrow,
that was really interesting about the muslim town in texas. wonder if there were others?
Texas history can be a little difficult to trace. Texas has always prided itself on it's independace and privacy of the individuals. The various counties have not always kept any records. There are over 200 counties and some of the counties are larger than the smaller European countries. Each county is very independant and in many ways like individual countries.

I have been trying to find out what I can from some of the older Muslims that have lived in this region for at least 50 years. There are not many that I can find. In fact only one so far.

To keep this thread on topic I believe I will start a seperate thread for that.

I do see a strong showing of Islam here in Austin. I have only been in Austin a little over a year and so far I have seen one new Masjid be built and very large expnsions taking place on the 2 largest existing ones. There are now at least 5 Halal markets and before I only knew of 2.

The Business section of the Austin phone book is showing many more new business with Mid-Eastern sounding names, I do not know if they are all Muslim owned, but some are.

SATalha
01-17-2007, 08:38 PM
what evers going on inside Iam dedicated in establishing a community of brother and sisters that are an example. Right now i have seen to many of my friends lost in the curroption of this city, i will change it inshallah.

netprince
01-18-2007, 12:22 AM

The tide started turning quite some time ago. A lot of people reach a stage within their lives where they think, there has to be more to life than this! Thats when the changes begin........

When i was in college none of my friends were 'practising'. Towards the end of my college a couple of us had seen and read a bit of islamic literature, but were still not practising. Now the majority of the people i grew up with have beards and are practising, there are many who are haji's etc. You wander around and you see so many more beards on young guys than you used to before, its quite amazing seeing the transformation.

However, i think we should also realise that for every one who is transformed into a good practising muslim, there are nine others who are not.... Inshallah this ratio of practising to non practising muslims will get better and better as the education levels increase in our communities.

May Allah(SWT) guide us all back to the truth of Islam.

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 04:21 AM
in my place.... nothing changes...

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I believe it is actually happening. Here in the US there seems to have been a lot more outpouring of Muslims acting like Muslims and setting standards for decency.

I did a little historical searching of this area and discovered that from the 1800s untill the early 1900s there was a Muslim town located about 20 miles south of Austin. What is unusual is the Town was located on property owned by the Greek Orthodox Church. The Church granted the Muslim settlers the right to stay and build on the land as long as they kept an active Masjid. One of if not the first Masjid in Texas was built on the property. A fair number of Muslim settlers moved there and the town developed under sharia. For some reason in the 1930s nearly all of the residents of the town packed up and returned to their various homelands, abandoning the Town.

The few remaining residents gave up country life and moved into Austin. The Masjid became inactive and in the 1950s or 1960s the Greek Orthodox Church established a Seminary on the land. The Islamic cemetery remains untouched and the Greeks have assured that it will always be a Muslim cemetary. The Greek seminarians have been taking care of the grounds and with the exception of the seminarians only Muslims are permitted access to the Cemetary.

There are still one or 2 residents of the old Muslim Town living in Austin. I met one on line while trying to contact other Muslims in Austin. That was how I found out about the Town and it's history.

It would be wounderful if us Muslims here in Austin could re construct that dream again.

That desire for reconstructing a Muslim city is a big impetus for many of us here in Austin.

wow.... i dont know there was a Muslim town in the US. Good jobs....

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Texas history can be a little difficult to trace. Texas has always prided itself on it's independace and privacy of the individuals. The various counties have not always kept any records. There are over 200 counties and some of the counties are larger than the smaller European countries. Each county is very independant and in many ways like individual countries.

I have been trying to find out what I can from some of the older Muslims that have lived in this region for at least 50 years. There are not many that I can find. In fact only one so far.

To keep this thread on topic I believe I will start a seperate thread for that.

I do see a strong showing of Islam here in Austin. I have only been in Austin a little over a year and so far I have seen one new Masjid be built and very large expnsions taking place on the 2 largest existing ones. There are now at least 5 Halal markets and before I only knew of 2.

The Business section of the Austin phone book is showing many more new business with Mid-Eastern sounding names, I do not know if they are all Muslim owned, but some are.
If suddenly a lunatic take over my country... Austin would be my first choice to immigrate... seems like a nice and friendly place to be...:D

Woodrow
01-18-2007, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
If suddenly a lunatic take over my country... Austin would be my first choice to immigrate... seems like a nice and friendly place to be...:D

It seems a lot of people are thinking the same.

Austin is very diverse, we have one of the largest Muslim populations in Texas along with the largest Hindu population. We also have very many Buddhists.

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 05:51 AM
It seems a lot of people are thinking the same.

Austin is very diverse, we have one of the largest Muslim populations in Texas along with the largest Hindu population. We also have very many Buddhists.
Hindus and Buddhists too?.. it seems that there are lot of asians there... are there any Malaysians/Indonesians/Bruneians there? (I think most of Malaysians prefer California, New York and Ohio)

Woodrow
01-18-2007, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Hindus and Buddhists too?.. it seems that there are lot of asians there... are there any Malaysians/Indonesians/Bruneians there? (I think most of Malaysians prefer California, New York and Ohio)
There are some Indonesians here, but not many. The only Malaysians I personaly know in the US live in New Haven Ct, about 50 miles from New york City. Austin does have a large Chinese population, most work in the computer industry. AMD is headquartered here. I believe they are now a Chinese owned business. We also have a large number of Vietnamese, Koreans and Cambodians.

I would say nearly half of our Muslim Population is from Pakistan. But we have nearly the same number from Saudi Arabia and quite a few from Algeria, Somalia and Morocco. North of Austin the small town of Tyler has a very large number of Palestinians.

We even have a Palestine, Texas. However, that dates back to over 100 years ago and the town was named by a Methodist Preacher.

Curaezipirid
01-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Hello/Salams, and Neat work about Austin Texas,

We had a few in Islam arrive on the first fleet, but never were enabled to settle into Muslim communities, although I believe the Mosque in Adelaide has longer been there than others. The Afgan camel traders were the first to build Mosques here. These days Australian exports camels to the middle east for racing, and everybody frowns upon it because children are used as jockeys. I reckon we should all get into eating camel and drinking camel milk because they certainly have caused far less harm to the environment than many other introduced species.

However, I came into this thread with an answer about the question: are things looking up in Islam in other places?

Here? YES AND NO! That is what is important about this time.

No it ain't looking up in communities with only few believers, and yes, among the devout believers it is all alive in praise of Allah. This Christmas, using the Orthodox Church dates, a significant convergence occured in respect of Jesus prophesy, and which will be connecting substantially with all ahadith.

I guess that we ought to anticipate that at some time there will be a large degree of uncertainty in respect of who the real tradition is being best kept by. This sort of difficulty is certainly amply present in the Australian Muslim community, but sure enough those whom speak out will not be able to speak out without being condemned by somebody, so none of us should either Judge any person by what aspect of Islam and the teaching of Mohammed the blessed, they are promoting in any specific moment.

What is a realised blessing for believers will always be extremely frightening for non-believers, and therefore it is all the more important, that believers are silent in receiving blessing.

The patterns of modern Islam, and the labels such as "progressive" and "moderate" might gradually change, but that will not change the internal belief of any person, just as the introduction of any new forms of presentation of Islam, so long as we are truly in belief, have never changed what it means to be a Muslim. We each adopt only that exterior presentation which is enabling of our self to both sustain internal belief and also to be in the world, that is, we each are portraying ourselves in Islam, in any moment, only in the only possible way. We all need to remember this so as to be able to realise that change is reality as much as tradition is stablity.

My people tell it like everything is nothing unless it is changing, all old ways reform constantly and everything is always being made new again, so as Australia was invaded, our Indigenous worth is in making the signs of that invasion become also Australian, and also a part of our world. Yet in all that, one thing never changes. Law. True Law which is God's/Allah's word and promise to Humanity, is the only reality which any body can rely upon.

I think this is a time in which these are the only possible realisations to be making, and that sort of makes this time special.

The scientists in Australia have told that the drought we are in is in a pattern of being likely a thousand year drought cycle. If that is proven to be the case, then the whole world is begun to change. But change within that pattern we Human beings have established over the past two hundred odd years. The Prophesies thereby are more able than ever to be perceived as totally inevitable, and in many circumstances, now already, the only actual positive future resolution left.

Thats all, and Salam

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 07:08 AM
There are some Indonesians here, but not many. The only Malaysians I personaly know in the US live in New Haven Ct, about 50 miles from New york City. Austin does have a large Chinese population, most work in the computer industry. AMD is headquartered here. I believe they are now a Chinese owned business. We also have a large number of Vietnamese, Koreans and Cambodians.

I would say nearly half of our Muslim Population is from Pakistan. But we have nearly the same number from Saudi Arabia and quite a few from Algeria, Somalia and Morocco. North of Austin the small town of Tyler has a very large number of Palestinians.

We even have a Palestine, Texas. However, that dates back to over 100 years ago and the town was named by a Methodist Preacher.

So Muslims in Austin are consists of Pakistanis, Saudis, Algerians, Somalis, Moroccans, Palestinians and Lipka Tatars (with reference to you :D ) right... lots of varieties of Muslims there....

How about the Indonesians, are they Muslims too?

Actually, now I'm working and living in a town call Kulim (about 100,000 population), about 40 km from Georgetown. 60% of the population are Muslims.

The Muslims are mostly Malays, and big numbers of Indians, Indonesians, Bangladeshis and Cambodians. Smaller number of Chinese, Thais, Rohingyas, Egyptians and Pakistanis.

The Cambodian Muslims are the most successful Muslim groups in Kulim where they have two markets known to local as "Pasar Kemboja" (Cambodian Bazaar).

The Thai Muslims have lots of restaurants here.

Indian Muslims are in newspapers, magazines business and also 24-hour South Indian restaurants.

Most of traders in Kulim Market are Malays.

Egyptians work as doctors in local hospitals.

Meanwhile the Indonesians, Bangladeshis, Rohingyas and Pakistanis work as construction labours.

And most Malay houses have Indonesian maids.

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
Hello/Salams, and Neat work about Austin Texas,

We had a few in Islam arrive on the first fleet, but never were enabled to settle into Muslim communities, although I believe the Mosque in Adelaide has longer been there than others. The Afgan camel traders were the first to build Mosques here. These days Australian exports camels to the middle east for racing, and everybody frowns upon it because children are used as jockeys. I reckon we should all get into eating camel and drinking camel milk because they certainly have caused far less harm to the environment than many other introduced species.

However, I came into this thread with an answer about the question: are things looking up in Islam in other places?

Here? YES AND NO! That is what is important about this time.

No it ain't looking up in communities with only few believers, and yes, among the devout believers it is all alive in praise of Allah. This Christmas, using the Orthodox Church dates, a significant convergence occured in respect of Jesus prophesy, and which will be connecting substantially with all ahadith.

I guess that we ought to anticipate that at some time there will be a large degree of uncertainty in respect of who the real tradition is being best kept by. This sort of difficulty is certainly amply present in the Australian Muslim community, but sure enough those whom speak out will not be able to speak out without being condemned by somebody, so none of us should either Judge any person by what aspect of Islam and the teaching of Mohammed the blessed, they are promoting in any specific moment.

What is a realised blessing for believers will always be extremely frightening for non-believers, and therefore it is all the more important, that believers are silent in receiving blessing.

The patterns of modern Islam, and the labels such as "progressive" and "moderate" might gradually change, but that will not change the internal belief of any person, just as the introduction of any new forms of presentation of Islam, so long as we are truly in belief, have never changed what it means to be a Muslim. We each adopt only that exterior presentation which is enabling of our self to both sustain internal belief and also to be in the world, that is, we each are portraying ourselves in Islam, in any moment, only in the only possible way. We all need to remember this so as to be able to realise that change is reality as much as tradition is stablity.

My people tell it like everything is nothing unless it is changing, all old ways reform constantly and everything is always being made new again, so as Australia was invaded, our Indigenous worth is in making the signs of that invasion become also Australian, and also a part of our world. Yet in all that, one thing never changes. Law. True Law which is God's/Allah's word and promise to Humanity, is the only reality which any body can rely upon.

I think this is a time in which these are the only possible realisations to be making, and that sort of makes this time special.

The scientists in Australia have told that the drought we are in is in a pattern of being likely a thousand year drought cycle. If that is proven to be the case, then the whole world is begun to change. But change within that pattern we Human beings have established over the past two hundred odd years. The Prophesies thereby are more able than ever to be perceived as totally inevitable, and in many circumstances, now already, the only actual positive future resolution left.

Thats all, and Salam

Hmmm... when it comes to Australia - I think it the second country, where Malays love to migrate after UK.

There are lots of Malays in Perth, Melbourne, Cocos Islands and Christmas Islands...

Curaezipirid
01-18-2007, 07:49 AM

Here, this is ahadith about change in which some folk become closer to the Deen and others more astranged:

Abdullah bin Umar narrated that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam said,
“The fitnah of Al-Ahlas (continuous calamity) is mass desertion and war. Then, the fitnah of As-Sarraa [meaning ‘the rich’, when some reach people use their money to hire others to fight for them] will start from under the feet of a man who claims that he is of me (of my descendants). However, he is not of me, for my loyal friends are the ones who have taqwa. Afterwards, people will unite around a man whose reign is unstable. Then, the fitnah of Ad-Duhaymaa [it is called ‘dark and black fitnah’ because of its enormity] (will start) and will not leave any member of this nation without severely touching him. When it is thought that its time has come to an end, it will be lengthened. Meanwhile (during this fitnah), a man will wake up as a believer and will meet the night as a disbeliever, until people divide into two camps: A camp of belief that contains no hypocrisy, and a camp of hypocrisy that contains no belief. If this happens, then await the Dajjal on that day or the next.” [Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Hakim, Mishkatul-Masabih, vol. 4, no. 5403]

Try reading it for the belief that the Dajjal will appear as a cyclical thing: first he appears in the place he begins, "on that day", and then in another day in another place "or the next". Remember that in all true Prophesy the word "Day" can mean daylight hours or living of one live span. That there is a cycle of his appearance in different parts of Earth, can not make him any less a man whom walks and talks.

Also in all prophesy in respect of The Dajjal, remember that it is both the case that Jesus is whom will kill him, and that Allah is exalted from having a son. Than apply the scientific understanding of Holy Trinity: Father=Holy affirming=Faith; Son of God=Holy denying=Hope; Holy Ghost=Holy Reconciling=Love. Therefore Jesus will not appear again at Earth in a Man's body, but will Kill The Dajjal in Love, and through The Dajjal's own internal acceptance of his betrayal of Jesus.

The coming of the Mahdi must be that sign which people know for certain by. Is it the Mahdi, or another "righteous Caliphate" whom will bring the appearance of Jesus standing with him? How can we know, but that when we know we will be unable to deny.

There is drought already here in Australia, and I for one beleive that we are already en masse Dreaming only in the patterns of Revelations, since last Ramadan, and confirmed this Christmas of the orthodox calendar. But when these events occur in Palestine, I can not know. But I know that I receive in Prayer, certainty in Isa, that now, today these things happen in Australia, tomorrow in another continent, the day after in another, and it will be six generations of lives of all people before all Humanity has experience . . .

. . . but are we only now already experiencing the pattern becoming established, a pattern in which the full manifestation of The Dajjal among us will be realised in relative safety, or is it that these things are already a material part of the world. . . . it is today or tomorrow the Dajjal will appear?

Already here in Australia many Muslims recognised that there was unity around an unstable character, when an Australian Muslim spoke that Sheik Hilali has done for Islam what Hitler did for Christianity. But this fact seems so very minor in the whole scheme of what is written. The droughts here seem so very minor, and all the natural disasters which have been happening. How could we say it that the sea boiled when the largest of the tsunami happened, now only two years ago. How can we know what the Prophets saw when they looked at the future, and can it be that many are only deluded that we are not already seeing the same things, only because we named such things differently?

Truly I can not yet know whom the Mahdi is, but when we each are certain in any sign, its message is not to be denied.

Be happy in the Deen, in these things. We each must learn and constantly relearn that lesson of the very smallest of joys being that upon which we must constantly rely. But know that a believer will always find joy and solace and certainty in life everlasting, in the very certainty which a non-believer can only deny. That is what the ahadith at the start of this post is able to help us to find our way in.

The fitnah of continuous calamity, then the fitnah of the rich, then the dark and black fitnah, are a pattern that is becoming established in a cycle. It has a smaller pattern over only a day, or a few days, a few weeks, and in the event of its pattern heralding the actual hour, the time periods will be increased to be exact to that stated in Qur'an.

What I am observing is that some cycles long known are decreasing constantly in duration, and even now finished with, while others are increasing, and already increased. But I am my self avoiding the degree of scholarship required to be able to know precisely about what time scale I am my self now in. This is part of an indigenous Australia methodolgy of dealing with the shaytan, not to let them learn of Human timing in Prophesy by never letting that knowledge manifest fully in our own minds.

Wasalam

SATalha
01-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Mashallah bro your post was very helpfull, and i know for certain that since I started practicing my deen i have become more happy :D . I just whish that i could be among those who will help Imam Mehdi :) Inshallah.

SATalha
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
:omg: sorry i mean sister :exhausted

akulion
01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
if we all got boats and tied them all together we could build our own boat island

and make it an islamic state :D

Curaezipirid
01-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Salam everyone,

the boat island idea reminds me that here within Australian territory, there are as many as 25 seperate ceded nations. A few are Aboriginal land claims, and others have just developed through matters as simple as neighbourhood disputes in which local councils decided in a pattern of negative discrimination. How many of us really have a case for proving that the legislative system has failed us? If we are able to commit the time to learning the system of international law, and own any amount of land, even just our own back yard, then we can cede as our own nation. I have a law case proving that my children can sue the commonwealth of Australia, but no land which has my name on the title deeds. . .
. . . making me wonder, is their any point in making an argument to be our own nation state, when the symbol of being a nation state is in and of itself a symbol of corruption?

I instead decided that since we are all imposed upon in our very belief to such an extend that we are all complicit with crime only be breathing and being citizens of nation states, that my own family, that is me and my children, are rightfully able as an incorporated propriety limited company. So that is what I am now. The companies only income is what I donate of my income, so far, but we, as a family, have a whole real social status which presents many more opportunities. All for only the cost of being audited every year. It really was very fun working through all the Australian Incorporations ACT of parliament, to figure out how to make ourselves a company compliant with Shari'ah. So I have the most complex legal documents imaginable up my sleeve.

I read somewhere about the reality of making a wish. It is a sort of prayer. It requires that the physiology is able to simultaneously experience, and distinguish between experiencing, the substances of flow of: the part of the nervous system which regulates body position; the part of the nervous system regulating hormones regulating conscience; the part of the nervous system regulating though associations. Correlate the mind to experiencing the basic shape and position of a bone and the flesh around it, blood through it, etc, that is one set of sensations, then second correlate the mind to experiencing the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system which provides the contrasting sensations of pleasure and pain, and third, correlate the mind to experiencing the SENSATION of a simple mental association between a part of your body and the fact that you know it is a part of your body. If you can perform all three mind functions simultaneously, and while conscious of all three simultaneously, then your prayer is in truth a wish heard by Angels.

I wonder if the Mahdi will need us to work in the guise of a company? Building a non-profit economy from within the structure of commercially viable company structures has always been the way in Islam.

Wasalam, Rebecca

Pygoscelis
01-19-2007, 03:01 PM
I did a little historical searching of this area and discovered that from the 1800s untill the early 1900s there was a Muslim town located about 20 miles south of Austin.
That really highlights the change that has happened to the US in recent times. I can only imagine the reaction from Texans if Muslims tried to resurect this town. Isn't Texas the middle of redneck anti-muslim, anti-anthything-but-fundy-christian land?

Woodrow
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
That really highlights the change that has happened to the US in recent times. I can only imagine the reaction from Texans if Muslims tried to resurect this town. Isn't Texas the middle of redneck anti-muslim, anti-anthything-but-fundy-christian land?
I did a little more searching and found that the name of the old Islamic Town was "Bhayt ur De'en" it was about 50 miles south of us and the Property is now a Greek Orthodox Monastary (not a seminary). The Town officialy ceased to exist in 1981. Sadly if the Muslims in the area had supported the town it would still be there. But, too many left and were attracted to Austin or returned to their homelands instead of being pioneers.

The changes and attitudes would surprise many people from Islamic nations. We do have scholars from other nations that come here to teach and they end up staying.

I think the biggest surprise of all is that the University of Texas (a State College) has an Islamic Department, that does teach such things as Qur'anic studies and Islamic Jurisprudance. The heads of the Department and the Instructors are Graduates of well recognised Islamic colleges and were not educated in the US.

I believe that as more Muslims settle in the area we will see the formation of an Islamic town or Austin suburb develop.

SATalha
01-19-2007, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
if we all got boats and tied them all together we could build our own boat island

and make it an islamic state :D
Yeah lets do that we can eat fish for the rest of our lives. Mmmm my mum cooks a mean fish salad. ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.