PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year 1428 AH

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 06:22 AM
:sl:

To all Muslim forummers here, I'm wishing:

[BANANA]SELAMAT TAHUN BARU 1428 HIJRIYAH
(HAPPY NEW YEAR 1428 AH)[/BANANA]

May God the Almighty provides us with the highest level of iman next year and may God provides us good health in order to perform our obligations to Him.

Amin Ya Rabb...

:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
01-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Ameen ,

May Allah protect us from all kind of Problems. and binds us more closely with Islam

Assalamu alaikkum(warah)

sevgi
01-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Amin.

snakelegs
01-18-2007, 07:08 AM
happy new year!
do you do anything special to mark the beginning of the new year?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 07:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
happy new year!
do you do anything special to mark the beginning of the new year?
Individually, we Malaysians will recite "The end of the year" do'a (prayer) after performing 'Asr prayer before the sunset... and after Maghrib prayer, again individually we will recite "The new year" do'a. Just that...

But nationally, the government would conduct parades in towns nationwide... where government servants and school children would carry banners and singing "Talaa al badr" song (in remembrance of Prophet Muhammad being welcomed by the Medinites)

ژاله
01-18-2007, 07:20 AM
happy new year to all muslims

snakelegs
01-18-2007, 07:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Individually, we Malaysians will recite "The end of the year" do'a (prayer) after performing 'Asr prayer before the sunset... and after Maghrib prayer, again individually we will recite "The new year" do'a. Just that...

But nationally, the government would conduct parades in towns nationwide... where government servants and school children would carry banners and singing "Talaa al badr" song (in remembrance of Prophet Muhammad being welcomed by the Medinites)
do you get a day off work/school?

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 07:23 AM
do you get a day off work/school?
It's a public holiday in Malaysia...:D

snakelegs
01-18-2007, 08:00 AM
great! malaysia is good for holidays!

Naheezah
01-18-2007, 08:07 AM
It's a public holiday in Malaysia...:D

aww lucky u!!:)

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 08:31 AM
great! malaysia is good for holidays!
there are 3 new years declared as public holidays here - the New Year (1 day), the Islamic new Year (1 day) and Chinese New Year (2 days)

north_malaysian
01-18-2007, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naheezah
aww lucky u!!:)
:p ok....

Erundur
01-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Happy New Year to the Muslim Ummah 1428 years and still kickin' :thumbs_up

north_malaysian
01-19-2007, 04:12 AM
We Muslim have come a very long way --- 1,428 years, but of course Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, and Christianity are older....

limitless
01-20-2007, 12:53 AM
YAAYAY!! YAHOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEE!! HAPPY NEW YEAR 1428 woohoo to EVERYONE!!!!!! WOOT!!!

Tania
01-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Happy New Year- this year to be better than the previous one:)
Why for chinese new year you have 2 days off:? Are more complicated festivities:?

*KB*
01-20-2007, 03:13 PM
happy new year my dear brother and sisters!!

peacechaser
01-20-2007, 03:53 PM

Alhamdulillah, 1428 years has passed on for Islam, and still there are many faithful followers...:)

Let's just not celebrate, but also introspect from what've we done in the years before, evaluate for the years ahead!

InshaAllah He planned the best for us.

Yaa Allah, we beg to forgive our sins, bless us with Your light, Warmth us with Your flame, of emaan...

Ameen

:w:

*Sonya
01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Happy New Year To The Muslim..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Alhamdulillah, 1428 years has passed on for Islam, and still there are many faithful followers...:)

Let's just not celebrate, but also introspect from what've we done in the years before, evaluate for the years ahead!

InshaAllah He planned the best for us.

I agree:thumbs_up

Yaa Allah, we beg to forgive our sins, bless us with Your light, Warmth us with Your flame, of emaan...
Ameen

north_malaysian
01-20-2007, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Happy New Year- this year to be better than the previous one:)
Why for chinese new year you have 2 days off:? Are more complicated festivities:?
Thanks....

In Malaysia, Chinese are very important minority. Thus, 2 days public holiday are given to Chinese New Year annually, and we Muslims are ok with that...

In fact, there are 200,000 Chinese Muslims in Malaysia who also celebrate Chinese New Year....

I love Chinese New Year too, it's a very colourful (golden and red) cultural event... lots of "Loh Kum" oranges, lots of open houses, and "ang pows" (money put in a red envelope). I wonder how much my boss will give me this year...:D

Tania
01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks....

In Malaysia, Chinese are very important minority. Thus, 2 days public holiday are given to Chinese New Year annually, and we Muslims are ok with that...

In fact, there are 200,000 Chinese Muslims in Malaysia who also celebrate Chinese New Year....

I love Chinese New Year too, it's a very colourful (golden and red) cultural event... lots of "Loh Kum" oranges, lots of open houses, and "ang pows" (money put in a red envelope). I wonder how much my boss will give me this year...:D
I understand now. I thought they have some festivities ritual which needs two days:-[ .Right now i saw the hindu ritual which keep 7 days and its celebrated on Gange river banks.:-[ . I like ang pows. sounds good:thumbs_up

Ar-RaYYan
01-20-2007, 09:41 PM

are we supposed to fast the 10th Muharrah? :? just confused there so if anyone knows ... ur answer would be appreciated :)

muslima06
01-21-2007, 03:51 AM
asalamu aleykum my dear brothers and sister in islam,
may Allah make this new year a blessed one and insha'allah lets make our new year resolution be to get close to Allah swt by gaining ilm(knowledge) and ibadah(worship).

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-21-2007, 04:23 AM
^^Ameen.

tasha
01-21-2007, 12:17 PM
happy islamic new year to everyone. i find it funny, how many muslims now get very excited about the year 2007 and call each other up. how many of us even know the date of the islamic calendar? well i guess now is the time for those new year resolutions. so take the time to learn about it. it will definitely be on my list. have a safe and happy year. and may allah swt bless u all.

*love4isl@m*
01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Thnx every1, Shukran My bro's & Sis's
Ameen Ya Rab 2 all the Du3as ^^, L8 Happy New Year :okay:
Im proud 2 say it on this Islamic New Year :)

north_malaysian
01-24-2007, 04:58 AM
I like ang pows. sounds good:thumbs_up
While Chinese give ang pows in red packets on Chinese New Year, we Malaysian Muslims give ang pows in green packects on Eid Al Fitr...

Tania
01-24-2007, 05:09 AM
While Chinese give ang pows in red packets on Chinese New Year, we Malaysian Muslims give ang pows in green packects on Eid Al Fitr...
:happy: Good tradition. In this case its good to work for a company with 2 chiefs. - the employees will get 2 ang pows (i am not greedy, only practical :-[)

north_malaysian
01-24-2007, 05:28 AM
:happy: Good tradition. In this case its good to work for a company with 2 chiefs. - the employees will get 2 ang pows (i am not greedy, only practical :-[)
Well, the big boss is a Chinese, and our branch manager is a Muslim....:D

syilla
01-24-2007, 07:15 AM
holiday on saturday has no significant to me :hiding:

i only work 5 times a day....

btw...don't forget to fast on 9th and 10th muharam

north_malaysian
01-24-2007, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
holiday on saturday has no significant to me :hiding:

i only work 5 times a day....
some people are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky.... :okay:

I work 6 days per week..... :p

AQSA
01-24-2007, 02:11 PM
May Allah make this a year full of blessings and unity....inshallahu ta'aala

Isnt that going a bit over the top and a celebration, and isnt that a form of bid'ah? Allah knows best

north_malaysian
01-25-2007, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AQSA
May Allah make this a year full of blessings and unity....inshallahu ta'aala

Isnt that going a bit over the top and a celebration, and isnt that a form of bid'ah? Allah knows best
I dont participate in it..... but our Muftis gave green light for the parade....

but for me it just a public holiday... which I can go shopping or picnic or just having a nice rest at home...:okay:

Tania
01-25-2007, 04:43 AM
I saw few parades in news and they are nice. Last year, when began the chinese year , they had (at parade) a huge yellow snake too. Here are only fireworks and crackers. No parades at all.

AQSA
01-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I dont participate in it..... but our Muftis gave green light for the parade....

but for me it just a public holiday... which I can go shopping or picnic or just having a nice rest at home...:okay:

I see...

But what was your muftiis' reason for allowing the parades to take place and evidence? and what exactly do they celebrate at the parades, the actual birthday of rasoolullah (saw) like the christians and christmas... or his life and prophethood? Its just that im terribally unfamiliar with this!:eek:

north_malaysian
01-26-2007, 03:37 AM
I see...

But what was your muftiis' reason for allowing the parades to take place and evidence?
Bid'ah Hasanah (good kind of Bid'ah?):eek:

and what exactly do they celebrate at the parades, the actual birthday of rasoolullah (saw) like the christians and christmas... or his life and prophethood?
"....his life and prophethood"... i think.

Tania
01-26-2007, 03:48 AM
The Prophet birthdays is not in march :? Yesterday in the news they showed a movie made in Liban about the family of Prophet.

north_malaysian
01-26-2007, 04:03 AM
The Prophet birthdays is not in march :? Yesterday in the news they showed a movie made in Liban about the family of Prophet.
It would be in 31.03.2007....

There's lots of movies about Prophet Muhammad.... the Anthony Quin one.. is a good movie

Tania
01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
It would be in 31.03.2007....

There's lots of movies about Prophet Muhammad.... the Anthony Quin one.. is a good movie
Yes, i didn't see any but this one will be released in this days..may be exactly for the parade which was.

AQSA
01-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Bid'ah Hasanah (good kind of Bid'ah?):eek:

Oh right. But can there be such thing as a good bid'ah? If so, wouldnt other forms of bid'ah be acceptable in islam so long as they're 'good'? I mean people who innovate in islam have good intentions majority of the time, and i hardly doubt their sincerity either... however can that justify or make it (bid'ah) right?

north_malaysian
01-29-2007, 04:34 AM
Oh right. But can there be such thing as a good bid'ah? If so, wouldnt other forms of bid'ah be acceptable in islam so long as they're 'good'? I mean people who innovate in islam have good intentions majority of the time, and i hardly doubt their sincerity either... however can that justify or make it (bid'ah) right?
The "Kaum Tua" (traditionalist clerics) and "Kaum Muda" (salafi clerics) have been fighting about this for a century... but of course "Kaum Tua" wins because 90% of Malaysian Muslims support them. Out of fourteen states, only one state (State of Perlis - the tiniest and least populated state in Malaysia) has a "Kaum Muda" Mufti.

shible
01-29-2007, 12:44 PM

Dear bro's and sisters I wish you all a very Happy Muharram.

May Allah shower his blessing on us and lead us all through the path of victory in Dheen and Dhunia.

May Allah shower his protection on us and all show the Light on the Lives of all Muslims and Non-Muslims, So that he would Increase the Emaan of Muslims and show the right path to the Non-Muslims.

Ameen

Tania
01-29-2007, 03:32 PM
What is celebrated in Muharam :?

north_malaysian
01-30-2007, 07:04 AM
What is celebrated in Muharam :?
Sunnis fast for two days of Ashura (9 & 10 of Muharram). It's Muslim version of Passover/Pesach.

Unfortunately, Saidina Husain was martyred on this day, thus for the Shiites and some of Shafiite Sunnis in Malay world (especially among Acehnese and Minagkabaus) it's a mourning day.

AQSA
01-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Sunnis fast for two days of Ashura (9 & 10 of Muharram). It's Muslim version of Passover/Pesach.

Unfortunately, Saidina Husain was martyred on this day, thus for the Shiites and some of Shafiite Sunnis in Malay world (especially among Acehnese and Minagkabaus) it's a mourning day.

How many sahabahs were martyred on certain days in the year even ramadhan... why not take them certain days as days of mourning? It doesnt seem to make sence to single out only Hussain (r.a) from all the other sahabahs and family of rasoolullah (s.a.w).

Tania
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I agree with you, i will never understand how we are choosing who deserve or not our mourning and remembrance.

north_malaysian
02-01-2007, 05:53 AM
How many sahabahs were martyred on certain days in the year even ramadhan... why not take them certain days as days of mourning? It doesnt seem to make sence to single out only Hussain (r.a) from all the other sahabahs and family of rasoolullah (s.a.w).
.. Only shi'is can answer this...:rolleyes:

cihad
02-01-2007, 11:05 AM
in india some people do this dance like thing for muharram-and they say they are praying-something wierd like that

its so totally like shia or bida -and they're sposed to be sunni!

Tania
02-01-2007, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
in india some people do this dance like thing for muharram-and they say they are praying-something wierd like that

its so totally like shia or bida -and they're sposed to be sunni!
I don't see anything bad to dance. :-[

IbnAbdulHakim
02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
made it through another year eh :D

Alhamdulillaah :)

now lets all prepare for death!!! :p

Tania
02-01-2007, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
now lets all prepare for death!!! :p
I think the biggest reward would be to enjoy your life, to be greatful you had this chance, even it has up and downs.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-01-2007, 11:20 AM
I think the biggest reward would be to enjoy your life, to be greatful you had this chance, even it has up and downs.
if only you knew the contentment of preparing for death, that way we can have high hopes for the enjoyment of the afterlife :)

Tania
02-01-2007, 11:34 AM
if only you knew the contentment of preparing for death, that way we can have high hopes for the enjoyment of the afterlife :)
I think we have a gap in communication. I can't understand what contentment can i have doing what you wrote :-[

IbnAbdulHakim
02-01-2007, 11:37 AM
I think we have a gap in communication. I can't understand what contentment can i have doing what you wrote :-[
lol ok sry im gnna try explain.

If i was to prepare for death, then i'd do it knowing theres something to be prepared for. I will prepare to enter jannah, but to get there wont be easy, also preparing means to purify oneself and act only good, so how can someone trying to be pure not feel content :)

hope that helps a bit more
even tho it prob didnt lol

Tania
02-01-2007, 11:46 AM
lol ok sry im gnna try explain.

If i was to prepare for death, then i'd do it knowing theres something to be prepared for. I will prepare to enter jannah, but to get there wont be easy, also preparing means to purify oneself and act only good, so how can someone trying to be pure not feel content :)

hope that helps a bit more
even tho it prob didnt lol
I thought you all day just sit and thinking at death. Well, i agree with what you say. Doing good makes you pure and always its supposed to act good. Its a bit more hard to do good to someone else, especially when you deal with their ingratitude :-[

syilla
02-02-2007, 02:34 AM

wow bro IbnAbdulHakim...you explain it well.

This should be an interesting topic...

Preparing for death...erm...posting in the comparative religion.

What do you think?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2007, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

wow bro IbnAbdulHakim...you explain it well.

This should be an interesting topic...

Preparing for death...erm...posting in the comparative religion.

What do you think?
go for it inshaAllah !

im hoping you didnt mean you want me to do it lol

:salamext:

syilla
02-03-2007, 02:51 AM
go for it inshaAllah !

im hoping you didnt mean you want me to do it lol

:salamext:
i can do it...but maybe it'll take me forever...lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.