/* */

PDA

View Full Version : its true that you'll never imagine

shible
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
:sl:

hi guys

I tried to make this file as a post but unfortunately it's a PPT so i wasn't able to post it as a general thread.

In this thread there are many aspects from other religions are compared with Islam.

This includes.

Women's rights

Prophet Muhammad (saw) in various religions

The Last Gospel of Jesus. and many more

This file has no Explicit Content on it

these information that are specified in this thread aren't created by myself.

i recieved this thread from net so thought of sharing since it had many valuable informations

here is the link

http://www.freefileupload.net/file.p...er+imagin+.doc

On clicking this link you shall see a statement " Click here to download "

Click on it to get the file

Note:

On the file you shall be seeing an image c:/Documents and settings/....

Double click on that image "you need not specify any path"

the PPT shall start

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-18-2007, 03:53 PM
It is very nice and very well done. It is quite long but is worth reading the whole presentation.

shible
01-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks Brother,

I was trying to change this file into various formats for posting but the real feel of information was lost when i tried it so i have posted as it was

Grace Seeker
01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Thank you for the link. For those who might view the link, I hope you will accept some critique of the link. Be aware, this critique comes from a Christian, but it represents my own personal opinion, and may or may not be agreed with by others.

First I think it is a well-done presentation, presenting many of Islam's major points and concerns as I've come to know them.

On the whole, the use of passages from the Bible is done fairly. On the whole, not in every part....I would NOT assign some of the interpretations that the power point assigns so as to make it appear that the Bible was antiicpating Muhammad. While all persons will read back into a text to apply it to their own life situations and context, there are both appropriate and inappropriate ways to make such applications. The author of the powerpoint is not the author of the ideas presented herein, he is simply presenting ideas that are commonly held to be true within Islam. However, though they are commonly held views, it is simply wrong to insert the name of Muhammad into the text (such as is done in the Song of Solomon) where that name does not actually appear in the text and is merely based on an inference drawn by similarities between words -- similarities are not the same as equivalencies. Likewise in suggesting that the Comforter of John 16:7 is to be identified with Muhammad ignores the fact the John has Jesus himself identify the Comforter with the Holy Spirit in those very passages.

There is another problem with the power point's use of the Bible, one that all of Islam has but is rarely considered. That is that Islam claims that the Bible has been corrupted and cannot be trusted regarding assertions that Jews and Christians make based on it, but Islam itself still refers to the Bible when it suits its own purposes. To the extent that Islam is just showing Christians and Jews things in their own Bible that they want people to look at there is no problem with that type of use of the Bible. But such references should not be considered proofs within Islam unless they are willing to recognized the authority of the Bible.

Lastly, the Gospel of Barnabbas is recognized as a credible source. The problems with accepting it as an authority are not only equal to, but greater than that discussed with reference to the Bible above, for, as the powerpoint makes clear, Christians do NOT recognize Barnabbas as a part of the Bible. Thus Islam is recognizing and accepting as authoritative in reporting the words of Jesus something which Christians do not consider to be authentic and rejecting that which Christians do. Now, certainly Islam can declare whatever it wants to consider as Holy and the word of God that it desires to use for that purpose. But it should not be declaring what is and is not a part of some other religion's sacred scripture. The assertion that the early church was deluded by a group of followers of St. Paul into rejecting Aramaic writings about Jesus and accepting Greek writings is a very sophisticated form of ad hominem argument, but it is an ad hominem argument nonetheless, and has no basis in fact.

When the power point returns to speaking about Islam, the pillars of faith, the views regarding women, and other issues it once again becomes a very valuable teaching tool.

Even with the reservations cited above, I still recommend this powerpoint as an excellent instrument to educate people regarding the beliefs, teachings, and major issues of concern within Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-19-2007, 01:49 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

format_quote Originally Posted by shible

.....On the file you shall be seeing an image c:/Documents and settings/....

Double click on that image "you need not specify any path"

the PPT shall start

I just downloaded it.....looks interesting & useful.

Thanks. :)

shible
01-19-2007, 03:43 AM
Hi brother

first of all Thanks for viewing the file

Though i am not the one who designed the PPT you could find an e-mail id on the bottom of the PPT.

In case if you were to know the full details about it you can mail to them , so that you could have a very clear idea

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.