/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Crazy storm

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-18-2007, 03:04 PM
For those in England, have your garden fenses blown away?? quite strong winds here in birmingham.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
netprince
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
For those in England, have your garden fenses blown away?? quite strong winds here in birmingham.

Forget fences, we had the conservatory roof collapse!!!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-18-2007, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
Forget fences, we had the conservatory roof collapse!!!

ohhh, mannnn!! thats a wounder.

seeker_of_ilm
01-18-2007, 03:15 PM
:sl:

Yeah, Fence panels from both sides have completely been ripped off, and are on the floor now, so now our neighbours could literally walk into each others gardens lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Goku
01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Quite strong winds here too.

FBI
01-18-2007, 03:18 PM

My house is ruined, two fences have been blown away complety.

akulion
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM
sorry to hear
hope u guys can get ur houses fixed soon

Let this storm be a reminder of how little humans are and how delicate our lives are

For days and nights, years and years we build our houses and cities.....a strong wind and it comes crashing down

Let these reminders be a means for strengthening our imaan. ameen
And may Alah save us all from calamaties ameen

Erundur
01-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Its like 60 degrees where I live and some of the trees have started to blossom pink leaves. But thats crazy though, Didn't know people in the U.K. had it that bad reminds of the people who have to deal with winds of the Hurricanes.

glo
We are a bit worried about out garden wall. It is old and a little fragile.

al Amaanah
Yeah subhana Allah, same here in the Netherlands. Scary..

S_87

its so cold. the fences havent blown but a tree up the streets down and the bins are falling over

Umar001
01-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Its so cool in a way, cos I go to bed and I hear 'whooo feeeeeeeeewwwwuudh' and wierd noises made by the winds, sounds like its talking.

M.I.A.
01-18-2007, 03:41 PM
yeah its mad windy up here in portsmouth too.. felt like the whole house was moving last night:exhausted

samsam
01-18-2007, 03:58 PM
it is just soo mad in birmingham. my school had to close 2day because the neigbouring school's roof fell on oure school!! But the bright side is that i got to go home early

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
The weather has been causing problems elsewhere in the country, including:

# Some 25,000 people have been left without power in an area from Oxford to Poole and Chichester

# Power cables have been brought down across the road in Bugle near St Austell in Cornwall

# In Kent, police warned of possible power cuts and the port of Dover, the M25 Dartford river crossing and the Sheppey Crossing were all shut

# There was also snow and ice in County Durham, where part of the A68 at Tow Law was closed for a short time after lorries and cars skidded into ditches

# Snow fell on the M62 in Yorkshire where it crosses the Pennines

# Strong winds have brought down part of a roof onto a busy shopping street in Hereford city centre

Four people have died and travel has been severely disrupted as gales and heavy downpours hit parts of the UK. The Met Office has warned of gusts of up to 70mph and Scotland has seen its first snowfalls of 2007.

A man was taken to hospital after Bar Vin's roof collapsed

A tree came down on Embankment in central London

Scotland has seen its first major snowfalls of the year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6272193.stm

SUMMAYAH
01-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Here in Bradford it's just as bad! there's a lampost outside my house thats moving from side to side like crazy!
We phoned the council and they said it will be fine. I'm not too sure, but I hope they're right.....

skhalid
01-18-2007, 05:21 PM
My garden fence blow away...and now me and neighbours share the garden...
Allah Akbar...strong winds 2day!!!
My brothers where sent home...bcoz the roof of their school came off....:? dunno how..but the wind was very powerful....alhamdulillah they are safe and sound!!!

The Ruler
01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
yeah...here its like that years tornado in birmingham...it happened only minutes away from my home...alhamdulillah we were all safe...but roof tops were blown away..even big W was affected...but here its almost the same

:w:

FBI
01-18-2007, 05:26 PM

Damge so far, both the door to the back garden and the front fence gone, the bit separating ours and next doors garden gone, I hope nothing else goes.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
quit alot of damage all round, hope everyone stay safe insha'Allah

FBI
01-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Also while I was on my way to zuhur a bin came flying at from the end of the road had to doge it.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I had to chase my bin down the road ahaha, it was trying to get away.

SUMMAYAH
01-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I had to chase my bin down the road ahaha, it was trying to get away.
I think I saw that!

The Ruler
01-18-2007, 05:46 PM

someone's greenhouse thing went flying in school...and me and my mtes are like...wanna go and save it...lol it looked funny ;D...sorry...couldn.t help laughing :x

Pk_#2
01-18-2007, 07:17 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

LOL

foget fences people, someones dustbin flew on my dads car,

and it's them BIG ones,#

weely bins or summin u call em

HAH

it was funny he had to get out n move it and the other drivers were like hahaaa

:|

Arwa
01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum

It's been awful today.

One part of our fence has come off ..
So many trees have come down. A person got blown into a metal shutter and died!
My friends were in Subway eating when one of those steel tables flew right into the glass door and it all smashed!
Lorries have over truned..
Dreadful.

Something I came across:

http://www.searchtruth.com/duas/prop...ers.php?dua=66

Umar001
01-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Wow cool subhanAllah.

Man I do have to say I love Muslims for the sake of Allah, yall make me happy.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-19-2007, 03:53 AM

On the authority of Ubayy Ibn Ka'ab (ra) it is reported that Allah's Messenger

said:
"Do not malign the wind; if you see that which displeases you, say: "Oh, Allah ! We ask of You the good of this wind and the good that it is commanded to bring with it; and we seek refuge with You from the evil of this wind and the evil that it is commanded to bring with it."
(Narrated by At-Tirmidhi, who graded it authentic)
Sounds tough there. May Allaah protect you all from the evil of this wind.

north_malaysian
01-19-2007, 04:51 AM
We just done with the second wave of floods in Malaysia, now there are crazy storms in England....

May God protects all of us....

The Ruler
01-19-2007, 12:41 PM

SubhanAllah...although yesterday was funny, the fence and all...i just heard that 10 people died due to the wind imsad...its so sad...imsad

skhalid
01-19-2007, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

SubhanAllah...although yesterday was funny, the fence and all...i just heard that 10 people died due to the wind imsad...its so sad...imsad

Inalillahi Waina Ilaihi Rajioon!!!
May their souls rest in peace ...ameeen

Re.TiReD
01-19-2007, 02:00 PM
:sl: yeah officially ten people! :offended: it's ok up here today but yesterday it was baaaad! nuffin much happened in way of anything being blown down but forget THINGS!! I nearly flew off! lol but it'll gte beter Insha'Allah :w:

Pk_#2
01-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon :(

I hope you don't fly away sis, :p

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi WAbarakatuh!

'Abd al-Baari
01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
so sad to hear about these deaths
especially the two yeay old boy
Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.