/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems The Rewards for Memorizing the Qur'an

Khaldun
11-02-2005, 06:17 AM
:sl:

The Rewards for those who recite and practise the Qur'aan

Aboo Moosaa al-Ash'aree reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "Part of Showing glory to Allaah is to show respect to a white-haired Muslim, and a carrier of the Qur'aan who does not exaggerate in it (i.e., overstep its bounds) nor ignore it (i.e., leave it), and a just ruler" (Aboo Dawoood)

'Aa'ishah reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "The person who reads the Qur'aan fluently is with the honourable and obedient scribes (i.e. angels), and he who reads it with difficulty, (even) he shall get (at least) a double reward" (Aboo Dawood)

Ibn Mas'ood reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "Whoever wishes to love Allaah and His Messenger, let him read the mus-haf" (Ibn Nu'aym in his Hilya).

Ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "There is no cause to be envious except in two cases: (the first is of a) person whom Allaah has taught the Qur'aan, and he recites it in the day and night, and one of his neighbours hears him and says, 'Woe to me! I wish I had been given what he has been given, then I would do what he is doing! (The second is of a) person whom Allah has blessed with wealth, and he spends it in good causes, so a person (who sees him) says, 'Woe to me! I wish I had been given what he has been given, then I would do what he is doing!" (al-Bukhaaree)

Aboo Hurayrah reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "The Qur'aan will be brought on the Day of Judgement, and it will say, 'O My Lord! Adorn him (the one who read and practised it)!' So he will be adorned with the crown of glory and honour . It will then say, 'O My Lord! Increase this!' So he will be clothed with the clothes of glory and honour. Then it will say, 'O My Lord! Be pleased with Him! So He (Allaah) will be pleased with him. It will be said, 'Recite! And rise!' and every verse he recites will bless him with a good deed" (at-Tirmidhee)

Ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "It will be said to the companion of the Qur'aan after he has entered Paradise, 'Recite, and rise!' For every verse he recites he will rise one level (in Paradise), until he recites the last verse with him (i.e., in his memory)." (Aboo Dawood)

Ibn Mas'ood reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "Recite the Qur'aan, for verily you will be rewarded for it. I am not saying that Alif-Laam-Meem will count as a word, but rather that Alif has ten (rewards), Laam has ten (rewards), and Meem has ten (rewards), so this is thirty (rewards)" (Khateeb al-Baghdaadee)

'Ismah Ibn Maalik reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said "If the Qur'aan is enclosed by skin (i.e., if a person memorises the entire Qur'aan), then Allaah will never burn it in the Fire (of Hell) (al-Bayhaqee)

Aboo Hurayrah reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "Never do a group of people gather together in one of the houses of Allaah, reciting the Book of Allaah and pondering over it, except that peace descends upon them, and mercy surrounds them, and the angels encircle them, and Allaah remembers them in His gathering" (Aboo Daawood)

Aboo Moosaa al-Asha'aree reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "The believer who recites the Qur'aan is like a citrus fruit - its fragrance is pleasing and its taste is sweet. The believer who does not recite the Qur'aan is like a dry date - it has no fragrance but its taste is sweet. The hypocrite who recites the Qur'aan is like a basil - its fragrance is sweet, but its taste is bitter. The hypocrite who does not recite the Qur'aan is like a colocynth - it has no smell, and its taste is bitter" (Muslim)

[As found in "An Introduction To The Sciences Of The Qur'aan"]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
11-09-2005, 08:33 PM

Question :

What are the benefits that a Hafiz gets in this life and the next.
And what about his relatives and offspring?
What about the genereations before and after him.
Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Memorizing the Qur’aan is an act of worship through which one seeks the Face of Allaah and reward in the Hereafter. Without this intention, he will never have any reward, rather he will be punished for doing this act of worship for someone or something other than Allaah.

The haafiz (the person who has memorized the Qur’aan) should not have any intention of gaining worldly benefits by memorizing the Qur’aan, because his memorization thereof is not a product to be traded with in this world, rather it is an act of worship which is done for the sake of his Lord.

Allaah has given special privileges to the one who memorizes the Qur’aan in a number of ways in this world and in the Hereafter, for example:

1 – He takes precedence over others in leading the prayer.
It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The people should be led in prayer by the one among them who has the most knowledge of the Book of Allaah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Qur’aan, then by the one who has most knowledge of the Sunnah; if they are equal in knowledge of the Sunnah, then by the one who migrated (made hijrah) first; if they are equal in terms of hijrah, then by the one who became Muslim first. No man should lead another in prayer in his domain of authority, or sit in his place in his house, except with his permission.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 673)

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: “When the first muhaajiroon (emigrants) came to Quba’, before the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came (to Madeenah), Saalim the freed slave of Abu Hudhayfah used to lead them in prayer, and he was the one who knew the most Qur’aan.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 660)

2 – He is placed in front of others in a common grave, closer to the qiblah, if it is essential to bury him with others.
It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: “The Prophet would wrap two of the men slain at Uhud in a single cloth, then he would ask, ‘Which of them knew more Qur’aan?’ If one of them was pointed out to him, he would put that one in the lahd (niche in the side of the grave) first. And he said, ‘I will be a witness over these people on the Day of Resurrection.’ He commanded that they should be buried with their blood, without being washed, and that no funeral prayer should be offered for them.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1278)

3 – He takes precedence in leadership if he able to bear that
It was narrated from ‘Aamir ibn Waathilah that Naafi’ ibn ‘Abd al-Haarith met ‘Umar in ‘Usfaan, and ‘Umar had appointed him as governor of Makkah. ‘Umar said, “Who have you appointed in charge of the people of the valley?” He said, “Ibn Abza.” ‘Umar asked, “Who is Ibn Abza?” He said, “One of our freed slaves.” Umar said, “Have you appointed over them a freed slave?!” He said, “He is well-versed in the Book of Allaah and he has knowledge of the laws of inheritance.” ‘Umar said: “Your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Indeed, by this Book, Allaah would exalt some people and degrade others.’”
(Narrated by Muslim, 817)

With regard to the Hereafter:

4 – The status of the one who memorizes Qur’aan will be commensurate with the last aayah he memorized.
It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan (i.e., the one who memorized and studied it): ‘Read, advance in status and recite as you used to do in the world, for your status will be commensurate with the last aayah that you recite.’”
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2914; he said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, no. 2329, it is hasan saheeh. Also narrated by Abu Dawood, 1464).

What is meant by reciting here is memorizing.

5 – He will be with the angels, accompanying them.
It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who recites the Qur’aan and learns it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven) and the one who exerts himself to learn the Qur’aan by heart and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4653; Muslim, 798)

6 – He will be given a crown of honour and a garment of honour to wear.
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Qur’aan will come on the Day of Resurrection and will say, ‘O Lord, adorn him.’ So he will be given a crown of honour to wear. Then it will say, ‘O Lord, give him more.’ So he will be given a garment of honour.’ Then it will say, ‘O Lord, be pleased with him.’ So Allaah will be pleased with him. Then it will be said to him, ‘Recite and advance in status, and for each verse you will gain one more hasanah (reward for good deed).”
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2915. He said, this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2328, this is hasan).

7 – The Qur’aan will intercede for him with his Lord.
It was narrated that Abu Umaamah al-Baahili said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘Recite the Qur’aan, for it will come on the Day of Resurrection to intercede for its companions. Recite the two bright ones, al-Baqarah and Soorat Aal ‘Imraan, for they will come on the Day of Resurrection like two clouds or two shades or two flocks of birds in ranks, pleading for those who recite them. Recite Soorat al-Baqarah for to take recourse to it is a blessing and to give it up is a cause of grief, and the magicians cannot confront it.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 804, and by al-Bukhaari in a mu’allaq report).

Secondly:

With regard to his relatives and descendents, there is evidence concerning his parents that they will be clothed with garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world, and that will only be because they took care of and taught their child. Even if they themselves were ignorant, Allaah will honour them because of their child. But the one who prevented his child from learning the Qur’aan, he will be one of those who are deprived.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Qur’aan will come on the Day of Resurrection like a pale man saying to its companion, “Do you recognize me? I am the one who made you stay up at night and made you thirsty during the day…” Then he will be given dominion in his right hand and eternity in his left, and a crown of dignity will be placed upon his head, and his parents will be clothed with garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world. They will say, “O Lord, how did we earn this.” It will be said to them, “Because you taught your child the Qur’aan.”’”
(Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat, 6/51).

It was narrated that Buraydah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever reads the Qur’aan, learns it and acts in accordance with it, on the Day of Resurrection his parents will be given a crown to wear whose light will be like the light of the sun, and his parents will be given garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world. They will say, “Why have we been given this to wear?” It will be said, “Because your child learned the Qur’aan.”’”
(Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/756)

These two hadeeth support one another. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2829.

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Protected_Diamond
11-09-2005, 10:24 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabaarkthu

Jazhaka Allah for that, masha Allah there's so many advantages of being a Hafiz!

Does anyone know anyone who is a Hafiz or is a Hafiz themselves? If so how long did it take you or that person you know?

:w: warhmatulahi wabaarkthu

karim
11-10-2005, 01:14 AM
thank you for teacheing me this

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Safiya
11-10-2005, 09:31 AM

JazakAllâhu khayr for sharing..
Wow, I wanna be a hafiz so much more now.. Mashâ'Allâh, what great rewards.. Allâhu Akbar..

:w:

luqman78664
12-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Slam everybody, This is Hafiz luqman, it took me 2 yrs to memorize..and to tell u the truth, its pretty easy!!!!!!

sapphire
12-03-2005, 11:48 AM
jazakallah for that.....starting to learn at a young age is a great benefit...my brother started this year when he turned six and he has already done 3 paras....subhanallah..the memory of the young is so sharp.....May Allah make it easy on all those people who are becoming Hafiz...Ameen......

DaSangarTalib
03-30-2006, 01:43 PM
:salamext:

Question :

What is the reward for becoming a Haafiz?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Whoever memorizes Qur’aan and acts upon it, Allaah will reward him and honour him greatly for that, so that he will rise in status in Paradise to a level commensurate with what he memorized of the Book of Allaah.

Al-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.” This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 5/218, no. 2240, after which he said:

Note that what is meant by the “companion of the Qur’aan” is the one who memorizes it by heart, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The one who knows more Qur’aan should lead the people in prayer,” meaning the one who has memorized the most. The differentiation in status in Paradise will depend on how much was memorized in this world, not how much one will recite on that day as some people imagine. This clearly points to the virtue of the hafiz who has memorized the Qur’aan, but that is subject to the condition that he memorizes it for the sake of Allaah, not for worldly purposes or financial gain. Otherwise the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Most of the hypocrites of my ummah are among those who have memorized Qur’aan.”

Concerning the virtue of the hafiz who memorizes the Qur’aan, al-Bukhaari (4937) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The likeness of the one who reads Qur’aan and memorizes it is that he is with the righteous honourable scribes. The likeness of the one who reads it and tries hard to memorize it even though it is difficult for him, he will have two rewards.”

For the hafiz who has memorized the Qur’aan, praying qiyaam al-layl is easy. And the Qur’aan will intercede for him on the Day of Resurrection, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting and the Qur’aan will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of food and desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ The Qur’aan will say, ‘O Lord I deprived him of his sleep at night, so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will both intercede for him.” Narrated by Ahmad, al-Tabaraani and al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 3882

And Allaah knows best.

It should be noted here that there is a weak (da’eef) hadeeth that is quoted concerning the virtue of memorizing Qur’aan. This hadeeth says, “The bearer of the Qur’aan, if he regards what it permits as halaal and what it forbids as haraam, he will intercede for ten of his family members on the Day of Resurrection, all of whom deserved to enter Hell.” This was narrated by al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan (The Branches of Faith) from Jaabir; it was classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Jaami’.

Islam Q&A

:wasalamex

Najiullah
06-14-2006, 01:54 PM
jazakALlah bro

Maimunah
06-14-2006, 01:58 PM
salaam
mashaAllah, jazakaALLAH khayr brothers
may Allah help us to remember Him always and to learn the Quran
wasalaam

Umm Safiya
06-15-2006, 08:34 AM

^Amîn..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-19-2007, 03:40 AM
The Reward for Memorizing the Qur'an

by Shaykh Muhammad Sâlih al-Munajjid

Question :
What is the reward for becoming a Haafiz?
Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.

Whoever memorizes Qur’aan and acts upon it, Allaah will reward him and honour him greatly for that, so that he will rise in status in Paradise to a level commensurate with what he memorized of the Book of Allaah.

Al-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.”
This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 5/218, no. 2240, after which he said:

Note that what is meant by the “companion of the Qur’aan” is the one who memorizes it by heart, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The one who knows more Qur’aan should lead the people in prayer,” meaning the one who has memorized the most. The differentiation in status in Paradise will depend on how much was memorized in this world, not how much one will recite on that day as some people imagine. This clearly points to the virtue of the hafiz who has memorized the Qur’aan, but that is subject to the condition that he memorizes it for the sake of Allaah, not for worldly purposes or financial gain. Otherwise the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Most of the hypocrites of my ummah are among those who have memorized Qur’aan.”
Concerning the virtue of the hafiz who memorizes the Qur’aan, al-Bukhaari (4937) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“The likeness of the one who reads Qur’aan and memorizes it is that he is with the righteous honourable scribes. The likeness of the one who reads it and tries hard to memorize it even though it is difficult for him, he will have two rewards.”
For the hafiz who has memorized the Qur’aan, praying qiyaam al-layl is easy. And the Qur’aan will intercede for him on the Day of Resurrection, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Fasting and the Qur’aan will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of food and desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ The Qur’aan will say, ‘O Lord I deprived him of his sleep at night, so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will both intercede for him.”
Narrated by Ahmad, al-Tabaraani and al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 3882

And Allaah knows best.

It should be noted here that there is a weak (da’eef) hadeeth that is quoted concerning the virtue of memorizing Qur’aan. This hadeeth says, “The bearer of the Qur’aan, if he regards what it permits as halaal and what it forbids as haraam, he will intercede for ten of his family members on the Day of Resurrection, all of whom deserved to enter Hell.” This was narrated by al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan (The Branches of Faith) from Jaabir; it was classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Jaami’.

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=1441&category=131

Umm Yoosuf
01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Subhan Allah. Brakallahu Feek for the post.

chacha_jalebi
01-20-2007, 02:04 PM
mashallah great post :D:D:D

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani
“Most of the hypocrites of my ummah are among those who have memorized Qur’aan.”
^^ this propa hit me man :( cause you think, by doin a good deed like memorizin d quran, you can stil fall in the category of a baddy, thats why whenver memorzin the Quran is talked about, people say you have to impliment on it aswell :D:D

Ar-RaYYan
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM
WOw mashallah , jazzakallah khairan for the post :D

Beblessed
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Wow! Subhanallah ..
Jazkha'Allah khair brothers

yusuf islam 6
03-02-2007, 02:22 AM
Jazakhallah

zareena
05-16-2007, 10:41 PM
thank you for this!!

.: Jannati :.
10-04-2007, 07:29 PM
The Reward for Memorizing the Qur'an!

by Shaykh Muhammad Sâlih al-Munajjid

Question :

What is the reward for becoming a Haafidh?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Al-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.”

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 5/218, no. 2240, after which he said:

Note that what is meant by the “companion of the Qur’aan” is the one who memorizes it by heart, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The one who knows more Qur’aan should lead the people in prayer,” meaning the one who has memorized the most. The differentiation in status in Paradise will depend on how much was memorized in this world, not how much one will recite on that day as some people imagine. This clearly points to the virtue of the hafiz who has memorized the Qur’aan, but that is subject to the condition that he memorizes it for the sake of Allaah, not for worldly purposes or financial gain. Otherwise the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

Concerning the virtue of the hafiz who memorizes the Qur’aan, al-Bukhaari (4937) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The likeness of the one who reads Qur’aan and memorizes it is that he is with the righteous honourable scribes. The likeness of the one who reads it and tries hard to memorize it even though it is difficult for him, he will have two rewards.”

For the hafiz who has memorized the Qur’aan, praying qiyaam al-layl is easy. And the Qur’aan will intercede for him on the Day of Resurrection, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said

: “Fasting and the Qur’aan will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of food and desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ The Qur’aan will say, ‘O Lord I deprived him of his sleep at night, so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will both intercede for him.” Narrated by Ahmad, al-Tabaraani and al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 3882
And Allaah knows best.

Taken from www.islam-qa.com

Zarmina
10-11-2007, 03:45 AM
Good info, thanks.

Kittygyal
10-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Salamualikum.

Masha'Allaah excellent information.. Thanks for sharing tho i do doubt to think a post like this has been posted before unless i read it somwhere else.. Allaah hu alim.

Nevertheless it's so kind of you for posting it

May Allaah reward you. Amin

Ma'assalama

m102313
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Jazakallahu Khairan

UmmahFollower09
12-31-2008, 12:42 AM
This may be a stupid question but I was wondering what is the punishment for the poeple who did in fact memorize Quran but forgot it all?

Jazakallah khairan

alcurad
12-31-2008, 05:47 AM
the companions of the prophet would memorize a part of the qur'an and then strive to implement it, then move on to another part and try to implement and so on, for this reason there are only 4 sahaba who are known for memorizing it entirely, another 2 who might have, a total of six at most out of how many thousands..
memorizing the qur'an and not implementing is akin to throwing it away, if you're not implementing it, memorizing is a pointless waste of time.
another thing, who said the hafith/hafiz means one who memorizes, the words root is hifth/hifz which means to preserve, preserving the qur'an does not neccessarily mean memorizing only.

Zamtsa
12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
in the book of Hasan bin Audah Al Awayisyah, there is a hadits telling that when someone become Ahli Qur'an, to his parents Allah will give the crown from Him, and the etenity and glory in the sides of them.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Diesel1907
01-25-2009, 03:47 AM
It would take a lot of time and effort but it's pretty rewarding.

om Habiba
04-05-2009, 11:43 AM
assalmo alykom everybody here is a web site where u can learn Arabic and Quraan at ur home with expert Arabic teacher u can finish Tajweed and memorizing the Wole Quraan www.ibnmalek.com plz pray for me and my family

SouljahOfAllah
04-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Subhanallah this is amazing, jazakhullahu khiran for sharing. :shade:

جوري
09-23-2009, 06:26 AM
such a great thread I wanted to bump it..

جوري
09-23-2009, 06:28 AM
I am a little concerned about this hadith though from above:

imsad

Hayaa
09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
MashaAllah words of inspiration, thanks for bumping the thread sis skye.. pls pray for me that I'll also be blessed with the opportunity of carrying the entire qur'an in my heart... inshaAllah.

As for the hadith, it just proves to show how important the intention of a person is.. it could be the very factor defining their route to either heaven.. or hell.

May Allah (swt) save us all from the latter.. ameen

Nancy
09-25-2009, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by luqman78664
Slam everybody, This is Hafiz luqman, it took me 2 yrs to memorize..and to tell u the truth, its pretty easy!!!!!!
:sl: Hafiz Luqman,

I'm a sister in Islam who is already making an effort to memorize the quran and find it slightly difficult. I think time is an issue for me, among other things, as I have many responsibilities that I have to address.

Can you please give advice on how to memorise the quran?

What strategies should I take in order to make it more easy for myself to memorise insha' allah??

P.S. Masha' Allah on your success may Allah reward you

:wa:

Abdul Qadir
11-30-2009, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by luqman78664
y do u have to slam everbody just because ur a hafiz? =p...Kidding bro..Alhamdulillah..may Allah make me a hafiz like u too brother...=)..2 years? wow...u memorised consistently one page everyday is it?

sabr*
07-15-2010, 11:45 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

The rewards for memoriizing the Quran provides a road to paradise. There is an equal responsibility to apply what you know. The reference to Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) referring to hyprocrites who memorized the Quran is revealing of not just reciting but the applying Allah commandments.

Those who become Hafiz don't seek praise. All praise is due to Allah.

1. Be Sincere

One must clarify and declare his intention to get the fruit of this task. Thus, memorizing the Glorious Qur’an must be observed only for the Sake of Allah and for winning His Paradise, Pleasure and His Great Rewards. Allah the Almighty says "So worship Allah, making the religion His faithfully. Verily the faithful religion is for Allah". (Al-Zumar: 2-3)

Also, Allah says "Say, “Surely I have been commanded to worship Allah making the religion His; faithfully". (Al-Zumar: 11)

Thus, there is no reward whatever for those who read and memorize it to be seen and over-praised by others. Also, the one who recites it intending to win worldly gains only is sinful.

Methods of memorizing the quran:

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/herton...orizeQuran.htm

http://www.howcast.com/videos/217836...rize-the-Quran

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/26...ing-quran.html

Jazakumullahu Khair

cidpusa
05-31-2011, 07:55 PM
sUBHANALLAH all thanks is for Allah we are just slaves of Allah
All thoughts in our brain are placed by Allah

ayesha.ansari
01-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Those who are student of Quran and Sunnah and those who are hafiz-e-Quran, there will be good reward for both type of Muslims on the day of judgement. They can only save their families on this day of final justice from heaven.

~ Sabr ~
01-05-2012, 08:17 AM

There are so many rewards for memorizing Qur'an, but the highest one is of course you get to be in the highest level of Jannah with the Prophets and martyrs, am I right?

Sothis Girl
01-29-2012, 04:08 PM
subhanallah.....thank you for this post. It's been quite a long time I no longer read Qur'an because of my busy activity. You have rekindled my old spirit, thanks!

phylly9
06-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Jazak Allah nice sharing about diifferent ayats by their references.
In online reading quran we people can learn more about islam and can get more information about islam and Quran.

phylly9
07-03-2013, 09:02 PM
in read quran online people can understand the Quran with Translain , tarjuma and tajwee.

anisafatima
01-15-2014, 07:15 AM
The one who recite and prastice the quran prise be to Allah,and memorizing quran is a act of worship,allah will reward him and honor him greatly.
But it is important that you not only memorize and recite the quran but also understnad its translation and meanings.

ChosenOne
07-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Understanding the Qur’an
Mere decorations and occasional recitation upon the death of a family member are just some of the ways that the use and purpose of the Qur’an has been misconstrued. Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaki explains and reminds the listener of the true purpose for the Quran’s revelation.

junaidahmed
08-26-2014, 07:25 AM
JazakAllah! I am really impressed with the efforts of yours in sharing the Rewards of memorizing the Quran with referenced sayings of Sahaba and Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. How fortunate we are that Allah shows His great mercy on us for little of our good deeds. May Allah bless us to follow the right Path! Ameen!

crimsontide06
01-12-2016, 12:30 AM
This is the wrong thread for that....
format_quote Originally Posted by Danial Raz
Hi my name is Mohamad yousef al-Bader I'm from Kuwait and I am a former Muslim turned Christian I became a Christian because I never felt comfortable being a Muslim and I won't change my mind

ahmedfarhan
03-21-2016, 11:48 AM
In accessible reading Quran we people can study additional about islam and can get more information about Islam and Quran.

~ Sabr ~
03-21-2016, 01:42 PM

:jz: for this very beneficial thread, :ma: really encouraging

ConcealedGem
04-26-2016, 11:47 AM
subhanAllah this is amazing. :D

Ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet :arabic5: said, "It will be said to the companion of the Qur'aan after he has entered Paradise, 'Recite, and rise!' For every verse he recites he will rise one level (in Paradise), until he recites the last verse with him (i.e., in his memory)." (Aboo Dawood)

^

First I've heard of this and I'm literally speechless..

~ Sabr ~
05-14-2016, 06:02 PM

Bumping up in time for Ramadan to inspire us :ia:

Hopes N Prayers
05-15-2016, 08:46 AM
Subhanallah this thread made me feel so speech less. I really can't wait till I finish inshallah. May Allah make it easy for me and every one else who is struggling to finish ameen

noraina
05-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Fantastic thread ma'sha'Allah, I'm feeling very encouraged and hopefully that will last.

May Allah swt allow us all to become people of the Qur'an, and not just through our intentions and words but our actions as well.

owais707
07-30-2016, 10:29 AM
Assalam o alaikum

Thanks for sharing this great knowledge abot Quran.

MidnightRose
07-31-2016, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Australop
I think, if you spent more time developing the next great medicine to cure Cancer Allah would reward you more
These things are mutually exclusive. Where do you get your information?

Hafiz Ikram
11-16-2016, 10:34 AM
If you want to learn Quran online from qualified and experienced online Quran tutors, click the following and get registered for trial classes. Learn to read quran, quran memorization, Quran translation and Quran Tafseer courses.

Learn Quran

Afzalsheikh
08-07-2017, 05:10 AM

azc
04-14-2018, 04:32 AM
Showing Respect to the One who Memorized more Qur’an

عن جابر رضي الله عنه أن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم كان يجمع بين الرجلين من قتلى أحد يعني في القبر ثم يقول أيهما أكثر أخذا للقرآن فإذا أشير إلى أحدهما قدمه في اللحد رواه البخاري )الترغيب والترهيب 1/148(

Hadhrat Jaabir (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that (after the battle of Uhud was fought and there were many martyrs), Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would bury two Sahaabah from amongst the martyrs of Uhud in one grave. (Before burying them), he would ask (the Sahaabah) as to which of the two had memorized more of the Qur’an? When one of the two were pointed out, he would (lower him first and) allow him to be in front in the incised grave (i.e. Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would allow him to be in front of the other person and allow him to be closer to the Qiblah. In this way, Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) honoured him on account of him having more knowledge of the Qur’an).

abd.rahman303
05-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Following are some of the rewards of memorising quran:

1 – He takes precedence over others in leading the prayer.
2 – He is placed in front of others in a common grave, closer to the qiblah, if it is essential to bury him with others
3 – The status of the one who memorizes Qur’aan will be commensurate with the last aayah he memorized.
4 – He will be with the angels, accompanying them. 5 – He will be given a crown of honour and a garment of honour to wear.
5 _ Those who memorize the Quran, did not suffer dementia at old age.

In todays day and age with technology learning Quran has become very easy. You can learn as much as 5 ayats per sitting whenever you're free during your day or while on the subway coming home because mobile applications have transformed these dynamics.I would really suggest using muslim pro app. It has abuilt in Arabic Quran with translation and tafseer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.