/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm Worried About Global Warming!

FBI
01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
:sl:

after yesterdays events, My house lost both the backgarden fence the front garden fence, the arial, and the bit separating ours and next doors garden, I'm getting worried I've never exprienced anything like this before, also a few weeks back there was that tornado in london, something must be done to stop global warming getting any worse or we might be living in a water-world soon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
skhalid
01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Yesterday, my neighbours fence was ripped and it fell into my garden...know we have 2 share...until they get a new fence put up...I must admit..:omg
I was nearly blown away by the wind yesterday....:phew good fing I had my body guards lol
Plus my brothers primary school roof was blown away..well it came off..don't know how...but it probs coz the wind was too strong...they weren't hurt in anyway ALHAMDULILLAH
They were sent home, they are safe and sound!!!!
MY FRIEND GOT CHASED BY A BIN LOL...well it wasn't really chasing her...the wind was just blowing it in that direction, although Alhamdulillah , the weather 2day has improved much better...thanx to Allah Subhanah Wataalah

Erundur
01-19-2007, 03:07 PM
:salamext:
I'm worried about global warming too, they say that snow fall my be reduced in half by the year 2050 in the U.S.

When I was a lot younger I'd pray to Allah (swt) for it to snow so I could miss school :thumbs_up

Al_Imaan
01-19-2007, 03:11 PM
it hasn't snowed here at all....and last saturday, the temp. was like 75 F degress.......people were out in their shorts again..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
01-19-2007, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

after yesterdays events, My house lost both the backgarden fence the front garden fence, the arial, and the bit separating ours and next doors garden, I'm getting worried I've never exprienced anything like this before, also a few weeks back there was that tornado in london, something must be done to stop global warming getting any worse or we might be living in a water-world soon.
I agree that global warming is a very serious issue. I don't think we can afford to sit back and wait for politicians and people in power to come up with strategies and policies about this. Too much time is wasted with discussing and talking.
More extreme weather conditions are predicted to become more frequent in future ... and - never mind our garden fences - it is the poorest countries which will suffer the most!
Here is some info on the causes of global warming (Friends of the Earth site)
http://www.foe.co.uk/campaigns/clima...limate_change/

Yes, there are decisions about clean energy, road taxations etc, that will need to be made at governmental level, but in the meantime there is much each and everyone of us can do on a daily basis!

The problem is that many things which save energy require a little bit more effort or discomfort on our part ... and we don't like it!
Switch off the TV when nobody is really watching, turn down the heating by a couple of degrees, walk to the shops instead of driving, separate and recycle waste, reuse plastic bags or use cloth bags all take a little time and effort, but accumulate over time to make a difference.
Then there are bigger decisions, i.e. buy a smaller, more efficient car; don't go on holidays which require flying.

Check out this site:
http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_actionitems.asp

There is much we all can do, and if we truly believe that God created this world and has put us in charge to take care of it, then we better start now!

peace

Muezzin
01-19-2007, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Holy moley. I hope you and your family (and your neighbours) are okay.

M2A^AKIB^
01-19-2007, 10:14 PM
it usually snows here at least 4 or 5 times a year and usually starts somewhere at the beginning of december.
but it's already january and it snowed for the first time yesterday for about 2 hours.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-19-2007, 10:17 PM
subanallah.. nutthin like blowing of fences has happened, and we arent gettin no snow :(

snakelegs
01-19-2007, 10:43 PM
i've read that bangladesh is losing farmland each year.
but not to worry - george bush says it's ok.

*noor
01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
assalaamu alaikum

this could very well be a sign of judgment day.

*noor
01-19-2007, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
george bush says it's ok.

only until this country drowns due to the issue will he think its ok.

England
01-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Fear not we will be living on the moon soon :)

Kittygyal
01-19-2007, 10:53 PM
salam.
sowiee to hear all that, it's even in bristol aswel :(. && my next door neighbours chimney fell off it was sooo windy that even a tree fell ya allah may allah save us, this reminds me in Checniya ya allah :(
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
01-19-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Fear not we will be living on the moon soon :)
moon? huh?

England
01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
moon? huh?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...489018,00.html One day :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-19-2007, 11:12 PM
woohooo cnt wait!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-19-2007, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
assalaamu alaikum

this could very well be a sign of judgment day.
this is just wat i was thinking, What Allaah wills will happen, who can prevent ya'juj n majuj or dajjal from comin...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.