/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eight Palestinians abducted; no international outrage.

netprince
01-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Israeli army invades Hebron city and several nearby villages and abducts eight Palestinian men

On Wednesday morning, Israeli forces invaded Hebron city in the southern part of the West Bank and the nearby villages of Yata, Doura, and Halhol. Eight Palestinian men were abducted in the operation.

Israeli soldiers searching a Palestinian man in Hebron city – 2007

In Yatta village south of Hebron, Israeli jeeps and troops stormed and searched a number of houses and ransacked them. During the operation the Israeli army abducted five villagers, eyewitnesses reported.
Sources in the village identified the five as: Mohamed Makhamrah, 33, Fahid Awad, 35, Ahmad Makhamrah, 37, Mussa Al Najar, 40, and Mohamed Al Hiranni, 38.
Moreover, in downtown Hebron city, and the nearby village of Halhol, Israeli forces attacked and searched residents' homes, and took three Palestinian men prisoner.
Local sources identified the three as; Abed Al Zama'rah, 23, from Halhol, Rami Al Shahaniet, 19, from Doura, and Mohamed Al Rijbi, 28, form Hebron city. The sources added that soldiers gave military orders for another six men in the city to be interviewed at the secret service office in the Kufar Atzion military post east of the city.
Some of the families of the attacked houses reported that soldiers trashed the houses and fired live rounds and sound bombs inside during their search; residents added that anyone who tried to ask the Israeli soldiers not to damage the house was attacked with rifle butts and batons.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ManchesterFolk
01-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Possibly they have connection with the continued rocket fired that rains upon Israel even though there is a cease fire.

Let me tell you, if I was a leader of a country, and I had a cease fire with my neigbor yet my neighbor continued to fire rockets at me... well, I would do something.

If it is not connected, then Israel has no right to take these people.

SilentObserver
01-20-2007, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Possibly they have connection with the continued rocket fired that rains upon Israel even though there is a cease fire.

Let me tell you, if I was a leader of a country, and I had a cease fire with my neigbor yet my neighbor continued to fire rockets at me... well, I would do something.

Agreed.

You said everything I was going to say.

Umar001
01-20-2007, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk

format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
Agreed.

You said everything I was going to say.

I am not going to say I know what happend, because I don't, so I do try to keep out of these threads.

But I just have a question to both, do you both agree with residents added that anyone who tried to ask the Israeli soldiers not to damage the house was attacked with rifle butts and batons.?

And also, out of curiousity, how much evidence would you feel you would need to 'do something'?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SilentObserver
01-20-2007, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I am not going to say I know what happend, because I don't, so I do try to keep out of these threads.

But I just have a question to both, do you both agree with residents added that anyone who tried to ask the Israeli soldiers not to damage the house was attacked with rifle butts and batons.?

And also, out of curiousity, how much evidence would you feel you would need to 'do something'?
I'm unsure of your first question. Do I agree with what?

Umar001
01-20-2007, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
I'm unsure of your first question. Do I agree with what?
Sorry I didnt make myself clear,

residents added that anyone who tried to ask the Israeli soldiers not to damage the house was attacked with rifle butts and batons.

Do you think that anyone who tried to ask the soldiers not to damage their house should to be attacked with rifles butts and batons?

SilentObserver
01-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Sorry I didnt make myself clear,

residents added that anyone who tried to ask the Israeli soldiers not to damage the house was attacked with rifle butts and batons.

Do you think that anyone who tried to ask the soldiers not to damage their house should to be attacked with rifles butts and batons?
Of course not. I hope that didn't seem like what I implied. An investigation and arrests should not involve harming the suspects families.

ManchesterFolk
01-20-2007, 01:17 PM

I'm not sure if that happend, I am sure the residents have a bias, but it is quite possible Israeli soldiers did not have very good conduct. If that did happend those soldiers should be jailed.

Keltoi
01-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I've seen it before on a video that was posted a few months back, so the idea of Israeli soldiers tearing up someone's house isn't that farfetched. I don't know if it happened in this case though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.