/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Short SMS to prove something...

AnonymousPoster
01-20-2007, 06:31 PM
:sl:

I wanted a short SMS text to send to someone to make her realise her actions. Well basically she's turned away from Islam, she has no fear of Allah. She used to be quite a good muslim, but it's all gone now. I don't want anything that will make it obvious, I want just a general text message that is powerful in it's words.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Just make dua

Dua is powerful,

texts might hurt her/him

She may read it the wrong way?

Although your intentions may be good

All the best,

May Allah help her & keep her on the straight path :)

Ameen!

AnonymousPoster
01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
By the way, please don't suggest me talking to her because Allah knows how many times I have tried it, she still does not understand and it's not getting to her enough.

Pk_#2
01-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Only Allah can guide those misguided,

Make du'a that Allah (Swt) guides her,

Talking usually annoys people, majority don't like being told what to do, even though it may be better for them,

Peace!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Allaah guides whom he wills, make dua and stop talking to her in the way you have been because its not working.

Just be nice to her, show her the beauty of islam wivout talking inshaAllaah

FBI
01-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Just warn her make dua ect, if she still doesn't listen it's only her self she' harming.

AnonymousPoster
01-20-2007, 06:47 PM
But I'm so worried about her. I don't want her to sin, I know she's got it in there somewhere she just needs to be reminded. She's the one I'm most closest to, and if she doesn't change then I will have to distant from her because I don't want to fall into the trap of Shaitaan. I really don't know what else to do, I always pray for Allah to guide her and will continue in doing so.

- Qatada -
01-20-2007, 06:56 PM
:wasalamex

I think the best thing to do is to make them love islaam before ordering them to do the islamic duties.

So if you want, you can give them a text about jannah, its description and this might make them desire it more. Or brief info. on the looks of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him), his wives, the righteous etc. or just verses from Qur'an or ahadith.

Use what your friend already has and use a hadith which will complement their character so they feel more closer and personal to islaam. It doesn't have to be a hadith about ordering something, but for example if your friend is a kind person, then give them a hadith which will complement that - and then say something like i'm happy i got a good friend who's like that.

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #286 and Ahmad
Abu Huraira, r.a., said, "I heard Abu al Qasim (the Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam), say, 'The best among you in Islam are those with the best manners, so long as they develop a sense of understanding.' "

http://muttaqun.com/manners.html

Keep sending stuff like this which will reflect their character, and then gradually give them info. on what to do to become an even better person. Gradually with time they might have a stronger desire to get to jannah and they may fear the day of judgement.. so they might start practising themselves anyway because of their emotions of love, fear and hope.

Also keep making dua that Allaah keeps them and us all guided forever. If you need any verses/hadith which you think reflect on your friends character, or influence your friend in any way - ask and we'll try to find some related to that insha'Allaah.

'Abd al-Baari
01-20-2007, 07:03 PM
salams
i agree with the above messages and you should make dua for your friend i found these sms's on a website if you want to try any of them

Happy Moments
-PRAISE ALLAH

Difficult Moments
-SEEK ALLAH

Quiet Moments
-WORSHIP ALLAH

Painful Moments
-TRUST ALLAH

Moment By Moment
"THANK ALLAH"

I ask allah 2 make u happy,

make u smile,

guide usafely, though every mile,

grant u wealth,

give u health & most of all grant u paradise!

The Shortest Distance between a Problem and it's Solution is the Distance between your Knees and the Floor. The one who Kneels to Allah (Ta'ala) can Stand Up to Anything.

Verily, Allah does not look towards your bodies nor towards your appearances.
But, he looks towards your hearts. (Muslim)

Allahs blessings are sweeter than springtime,

Allahs blessings are a treasure so true that thier value cannot be measured

and one of Allahs blessings is you!

Watch your Thoughts, they become Words!

Watch your Words, they become Actions!

Watch your Actions, they become Habits!

hope they are useful
Watch your Habits, they become Character! >Watch your CHARACTER!

..It becomes your DESTINY!!!

shible
01-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I have a few hadith i shall post them.

since the words from Prophet Muhammad (saw) has great values than the general words.

The (hell) fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires & passion,
while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked undesirable things
Bukhari - 6487
Rawi- Abu Huraira (Ra)

I looked into Paradise & found that the
majority of its dwellers were the poor prople, and
I looked into the (Hell) fire & found that
majority of its dwellers were woman.

Bukhari - 6449
Rawi- Imran bin husain (Ra)

Assalamu alaikkum

AnonymousPoster
01-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Very nice quotes, I'll be using them thank you.

To be precise, this person used to be modest in dressing, now they gave turned to the footless tights, and short skirts (obviously with skin tight jeans or tights) and I aint happy about that :(

Umar001
01-20-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
But I'm so worried about her. I don't want her to sin, I know she's got it in there somewhere she just needs to be reminded. She's the one I'm most closest to, and if she doesn't change then I will have to distant from her because I don't want to fall into the trap of Shaitaan. I really don't know what else to do, I always pray for Allah to guide her and will continue in doing so.
It depends on what type of person she is, I would suggest something like these:

First, 'Most believe in Allah except that they commit shirk' that ayah, then she might think 'I dont associate none with Allah' but then you hit ther with 'Have you seen him who takes his own desires as gods'

That's a good combo for some. Again it depends on the person.

Eesa.

Sabbir_1
01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
don't want anything that will make it obvious
You think sending SMS like this wont make it obvious, why odnt u want it to be obvious..

I dont think SMS will do anything to change the sis, why dont you give her some lectures, books.. How did this sis away from islam in the first place, you said she was pious..

Maidah
01-20-2007, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=tasmiyah_B;631786]AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Just make dua

Dua is powerful,

texts might hurt her/him

She may read it the wrong way?

Obviously you make dua for a person who has lost the right way, but you also have to make them realize their mistake. If you see someone doing something wrong it is your duty as a muslim to tell them of the right thing, regardless of whether they will like it or not. On the day of judgement it will be very easy for her/him to say that this person, my friend saw me going astray and still didn't stop me, then you will be questioned for it, when you saw this and were in the position to guide this person why you didn't. It's easier said than done, and i personally have a friend like this who always rolls her eyes on me when i talk to her, but at the end of the day due to my sincere commitment to God i have guided her to the best of my ability, the rest you must leave to God and then pray for them. The best thing is to sit down tell them of the right thing and God will be your witness as he knows you intentions.

Forgive me if i have said anything that is wrong or offensive to anyone.

Woodrow
01-20-2007, 09:26 PM
One thing to keep in mind is the age of the person. From what I read I am under the assumption you are speaking of a teenager. At the moment you are trying to communicate with someone whose intellect is clouded by normal hormonal rushes. That is an age when a person feels all knowing and all justified in all actions. It is a phase that will pass. The best thing to do is be available to guide the person away from wrong choices.

lolwatever
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
"fear Allah"

?

Malaikah
01-22-2007, 01:25 PM

This isn't strictly on topic... but have you considered perhaps giving her a book or a lecture that is designed to give people imam boosts and makes them fear Allah?

Might work... some lectures are particularly good at that, mashaallah.

Re.TiReD
01-22-2007, 02:07 PM

I looked at all friends but didnt find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue, I though about all dresses but didnt find a better dress than piety, I thought about all types of wealth but didnt find a better wealth than contentment in little, I thought of all types of good deeds but didnt find a better one than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance but didnt find a better one than patience. *Umar RA*

'Until when death comes to one of them he says 'My Lord! send me back, perhaps I may do good in that which I have left behind!' No! it is but a word he speaks, and behind them is Barzakh until the day when they are raised up.' (Surah Al-Mu'minoon)

I think you should constantly try to remind her about death, it's a good wake up call...

'make death your slogan' Hasan Al-Basri :w:

AnonymousPoster
01-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Good post. Thank You everyone!

She won't bother reading a book! Ive sent her loads of emails on taqwa etc but she doesn't bother opening them, she told me she's 2 "busy".. Shes been in my duas, and please keep her in your duas. Im just about to give up!

azim
01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

I was once told a hadith regarding a companion of the Prophet (pbuh) who was part of one of the emigrations from Mecca - he was caught and tortured until he eventually left the deen.

While in Madinah, the Prophet (pbuh) received a revelation of a verse which said something along the lines "and those who turn back to their Lord again", implying those who left the deen and then re-entered it and so Umar (ra) sent it to Mecca addressed to the sahaba who left Islam - after some difficulty trying to understand the message he prayed to Allah to show him its signifiance and then Allah opened his eyes to its meaning, and so the sahaba once again accepted Islam and died on it.

Does anyone recognise this hadith, and thus the ayaah mentioned? I'll ask my sheikh about it insha'allah tonight, but if we find the verse - perhaps sending it to her will help?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.