/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Guantanamo Moroccans cleared

Muezzin
01-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Five Moroccan men who were released from detention at the US base in Guantanamo Bay have been cleared of terrorism-related charges in Morocco.
The five were handed to Moroccan authorities in 2004.

They were accused of belonging to a criminal group and failing to denounce crimes threatening state security. Two remain in custody on other charges.

The US has released nine Moroccans from the Cuban base since 2004. Morocco says four now remain.

Rabat's criminal appeal court acquitted the five men. The two still held face charges of attempting to recruit volunteers to fight in Iraq.

Moroccan Human Rights Association member Saadoune Boujemaa said the acquittals came as "a relief".

Three ex-Guantanamo Bay detainees were jailed for three to five years in Morocco in November for creating a criminal group.

Source

Wow, and here I was thinking if you're in Guantanamo, you must be guilty. :rollseyes It's nice to know international governments can't defecate on the rule of law all the time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umm-sulaim
01-20-2007, 07:38 PM
^ Innit

better late than never

But alhamdulillah they're out, insha Allah our other bro's will follow ensuite

wassalaam

al Amaanah
01-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Alhamdulillah

netprince
01-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Why does this not surprise me?:?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Naheezah
01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
alhamdulillah :)

brenton
01-23-2007, 02:56 AM
That means that so far, none of the Gito prisoners who have been tried have been found guilty.

What a cruel method of torture. Makes me sad.

And I heard a weird US DoD guy on the radio who was angry at the major American law firms who were defending Gito prisoners. He listed dozens of them, as if this was a shame. Weird. One of the great things about America was "innocent until proven guilty".

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-23-2007, 03:00 AM
^^ yea :hiding:
if the US wants to clear out their situation, at least get this right. then id say theres hope :X

Keltoi
01-23-2007, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brenton
That means that so far, none of the Gito prisoners who have been tried have been found guilty.

What a cruel method of torture. Makes me sad.

And I heard a weird US DoD guy on the radio who was angry at the major American law firms who were defending Gito prisoners. He listed dozens of them, as if this was a shame. Weird. One of the great things about America was "innocent until proven guilty".
It's fairly simple really, he was upset because they aren't Americans. Not saying that was the right emotion to have, just not that shocking. You also have to consider the possibility they are putting those on trial they already know probably weren't guilty of any terrorist related charges. Those they know are terrorists are probably still being interrogated or simply being held until the proper military court procedure is accepted by the Supreme Court.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.