/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arab/African/Jamican Men prefer white girls!

limitless
01-20-2007, 08:01 PM
:sl:

I know personally Arab and African-American, and jamican men who only prefer white girls to marry. There was a survey in my city and it indicated these men and south east Asian men preferred white females for marriage than any other women. And it sort of raised concern of racism? And there mostly muslims as well, 85% and 15% other faiths.

What do you guys think?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FBI
01-20-2007, 08:02 PM

Beauty isn't dependent on skin colour.

shible
01-20-2007, 08:06 PM
This life is like a circle in 70's bell bottoms were in fashion then they fadded off and now it's starting again.

these surveys don't help us achieve anything. since the same survey when taken 5 yrs later gives variable result.

so i have no kind of comment to comment on this

Umar001
01-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I think, give me the wife of any scholar who has passed away and I'll marry her if she is purple or green :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
01-20-2007, 08:14 PM

Those are just generalisations. I believe it differs from every African/Arab/Jamaican.

It's not Islamic to prefer any skin colour, as you may know already.

Woodrow
01-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Ignorance + Media progaganda=Racial Preference

SUMMAYAH
01-20-2007, 08:17 PM
By 'white' you mean 'fair-skinned' right?

FBI
01-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Man Just finding a wife is hard enough, I'll take what I can get beggers can't be choosers.

Maidah
01-20-2007, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
This life is like a circle in 70's bell bottoms were in fashion then they fadded off and now it's starting again.

these surveys don't help us achieve anything. since the same survey when taken 5 yrs later gives variable result.

so i have no kind of comment to comment on this

That i so true and sometimes these surveys can also be biased.

Phoenix CG
01-20-2007, 08:24 PM
what if the man who was on the survey was coloured but chose a white woman? Maybe its just his personal preference, but what you can say is that they are being influenced by societies ideas of the perfect woman. And unfortunately many pakistanis (when I went pakistan) consider white to be all holy even though they are coloured...it's society, unless they're being racist against themselves *Scratches head.

England
01-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I think they want to marry a white woman so that they are able to become citizens of their country and live a better way of life.

chacha_jalebi
01-20-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I think they want to marry a white woman so that they are able to become citizens of their country and live a better way of life.
lol dats heavy ^ :p

or they could marry them because street wisely speakin english women may be easier to get then others :p

youngsister
01-20-2007, 10:32 PM
:sl: They so silly what has skin tone got to do with beauty? Anyways i guess they are influenced by the society we live in.

chacha_jalebi
01-20-2007, 10:34 PM
i dont really think the survey was accurate, many people would wana marry for personality regardless of race/background, i think the main things people look @ are deen and religion if they lookin to marry :D

England
01-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I asked a black man that I work with this question the other day of whether he prefers white or black girls and he said he didn't care.

P.s not all English women are easy but alot of them are depending on age.

FBI
01-20-2007, 10:52 PM

If alot of men wern't so picky they wouldn't be single.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2007, 11:29 PM
did the survey give a reason to why they prefer english women :?

not everyone likes such incredibly fair skin, some people prefer it toned... so i dont get why. Maybe they hate their own culture/religion?

England
01-20-2007, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
did the survey give a reason to why they prefer english women :?

not everyone likes such incredibly fair skin, some people prefer it toned... so i dont get why. Maybe they hate their own culture/religion?
It doesn't say English women. It says white women.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2007, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
It doesn't say English women. It says white women.
preference i guess, what can we do eh :D by the way, by English i meant white lol, sorry for not being more clear :)

AHMED_GUREY
01-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I dislike these fake overgeneralized surveys

A Non white sisters are put in the victim position and therefore should feel insecure about themselves evendo there not! what a few men prefer is exactly ''that'' simply a ''few'' since the survey was done with a ''few'' men!

B white sisters are put in the akward position where they are indirectly told to feel guilty about themselves because some overgeneralized survey says men prefer them over others this then creates a backlash projected at them were individuals seek to defend the victims who in reality never were victims by attacking the ones suffering from a guilty concience and then you have the situation where the unjustified guilty ones become the victims and the ones portrayed as victims replace their white sisters as the individuals with a guilty concience thinking the backlash unleashed on their white sisters is because of them

end result everybody is unhappy

so that's why i dislike them :)

Woodrow
01-21-2007, 12:25 AM
The way I look at it the most popular cosmetics seem to be skin toners to make white girls look darker and dark skinned girls look whiter.

I figure one of these days those cosmetics are going to be so effective that white girls are going to become the darkest. So the most sensible thing for a man who prefers white women is to marry a dark skinned one today, because she will be the lightest skin tomorrow.

This issue about skin color just shows how ignorent some men are about what beauty really is.

lolwatever
01-21-2007, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The way I look at it the most popular cosmetics seem to be skin toners to make white girls look darker and dark skinned girls look whiter.

I figure one of these days those cosmetics are going to be so effective that white girls are going to become the darkest. So the most sensible thing for a man who prefers white women is to marry a dark skinned one today, because she will be the lightest skin tomorrow.

This issue about skin color just shows how ignorent some men are about what beauty really is.
:lol: unc, are you a researcher for one of these cosmetic companies or sumfn :X

muslima06
01-21-2007, 03:40 AM
I think the brothers should follow the prophet's advise and then if they prefer a white women than it's there preferance, cause everyone has their own taste. religion comes first, then preferance so there is nothing wrong with it in that order.

Woodrow
01-21-2007, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima06
I think the brothers should follow the prophet's advise and then if they prefer a white women than it's there preferance, cause everyone has their own taste. religion comes first, then preferance so there is nothing wrong with it in that order.
Not when it is truly in that order.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-21-2007, 11:50 AM
sorry unc but can you explain this a bit more inshaAllaah :)

afriend
01-21-2007, 11:53 AM
That can't be right :confused:...Isn't that a bit over generalised?

Skillganon
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
The only way you can find out is to look at the research paper if indeed their is one.

I will not give much attention to this kind of survey.

Woodrow
01-21-2007, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
sorry unc but can you explain this a bit more inshaAllaah :)
My apology. I used very poor grammar. I was agreeing with Muslima06

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima06
My intent was to show that there is nothing wrong with it as long as the priority is in that order. Follow the Prophet's(PBUH) first and then personal preference can be used if there is a choice.

AvarAllahNoor
01-21-2007, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Man Just finding a wife is hard enough, I'll take what I can get beggers can't be choosers.
LOL

Snowflake
01-21-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't think it has everything to do with skin colour at all. If we look at the media's portrayal of white women we'll notice that they are shown as extremely uninhibited as far as their sexuality is concerned. I think that plays a major role in making white women more appealing to some men, as far as that side of things is concerned.

Of course not all the men surveyed opted for white women for this reason alone. Some may simply like white skin. The question is were the in the survey practicing brothers or not? Because, I'm sure any decent practicing brother would prefer modesty and demureness over the colour of a woman's skin.

The survey doesn't prove anything at all.

FBI
01-21-2007, 12:29 PM

I've even heard of sisters bleeching their skin to be more lighter.

Woodrow
01-21-2007, 12:33 PM
I've heard of light skinned sisters going to tanning salons to darken their skin.

FBI
01-21-2007, 12:45 PM
I've heard of light skinned sisters going to tanning salons to darken their skin.
:D The world is crazy

Muezzin
01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Can you smell that?

It is the acrid smell of a burning crucifix on some innocent African-American's lawn. The Klan have learned how to read.

Alternatively, I may have just left the chip pan on.

limitless
01-22-2007, 04:53 AM

woah, i found this thread lol :rollseyes :exhausted . Anyway, the survey was basically vague, but more focused upon muslim men; well that is how I interpreted it to be. And no, it did not include or even referrer to english woman.

I personally know brothers who prefer this, especially an arab friend of mine. Who is extremely racist, same with another brother i know he is from Pakistan. It is just unbelievable to me. And they were serious too. I don't like men, who are prejudice, just like that out in the open.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-22-2007, 04:43 PM
:salamext:

I don't see any benefit in this thread. It's just generalisation. So...

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.