/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goodie's mother is a Muslim

Showkat
01-21-2007, 12:21 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/...994833,00.html

In an intriguing twist, it emerged last night that Goody's mother Jackiey Budden, who called Shetty "the Indian" and refused to pronounce her name properly, is a practising Muslim who performed prayers while in the house. The prayers appear to have been cut from footage shown in the nightly TV updates.

Budden, who asked Shetty: "Do you live in a house or a shack ?" has observed Ramadan, the month of fasting, for nine years, according to Goody's agent and publicist John Noel Management.

Comment:

If this is true then this sister needs a lot of guidence on how to follow Islam. I hope its not another publicity stunt to gain more media attention which would be a disgrace to say someone is a Muslim when in fact they are not, but the western media is not known for their upholding of moral and ethical principles at all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AHMED_GUREY
01-21-2007, 12:27 AM
the unappropiate release of gas by her in front of others puts some heavy doubt on this report lol at least from my side:D

Ummah
01-21-2007, 12:33 AM
erm.. i know jermaine is a muslim but jackiey?.. people... she was only telling everyone she was a lesbian after she left jade's dad!

why would they cut footage out of her praying but not cut the footage of jermaine praying? Jermaine's prayer mat is always on his bed and they always show him walkin around witha tasbi/rosary beads.

i dont know..

Showkat
01-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Salaams All

The responses to this story is showing how little we as Muslims trust the western biased media especially when they talk about Islam.

They have brought doubt and distrust upon their profession by sensational and biased anti-Islamic reporting.

Muslims prefer to read and get news from Islamic media which is more authentic and honest and in many cases provides a solution outside of the western model.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
01-21-2007, 11:06 AM
she drank wine ate bacon swore 15 million times and wore a see - trough clothe

AvarAllahNoor
01-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I thought she was more of a devil worshipper.

FBI
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
:sl:

I wouldn't be suprised if this was a publicity stunt, but allah knows best may he guide her is she's telling the truth if not may he publicly humiliate her.

'Abd al-Baari
01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
jazakallah for the info
quite unbelivable

FBI
01-21-2007, 01:46 PM

One word that sprung to mind is damge control, the jade apologist have already oiled the propaganda machine, such claims as, "Jade's farther is Black". have been emerging, this just seems to add to it.

Umar001
01-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I think it is necceseray to becareful when speaking guys. I dont believe alot of news that comes on the board, but just becareful of backbiting and so forth.

Anyhow, I was going to say, guys, whether or not she is a Muslim, it does not affect the situation, meaning that people dislike Jade and I think her mother too? Because of some racist stuff, I have not watched it, all I know is that apparently she said 'Shelpa popodom' or something anyhow, if the Mother has been racist, her being Muslim does not change that, since Islam is a religion, which unlike alot of people believe is not for Indians only, someone can be a Muslim and still be racist from what I understand, they'd be a bad muslim, but I dont think it would nullify Islam, if this is a publicity thing, then it sounds realy terrible.

Unless the motive behind it is to show that people become Muslims and act like they aint ones and that islam is a fashion thing.

aamirsaab
01-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Whether she is muslim or not, we shouldn't backbite. In fact, instead of backbiting you could always make dua for people to come on to the straight path. It's much nicer and you're rewarded 2 fold; you feel better (trust me, i'm a psychologist, I know what I mean) and it helps in the akhira (scoring points for the afterlife has never been so much easier, nor fun!)

SATalha
01-22-2007, 10:03 AM
??????What?????

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Whether she is muslim or not, we shouldn't backbite. In fact, instead of backbiting you could always make dua for people to come on to the straight path. It's much nicer and you're rewarded 2 fold; you feel better (trust me, i'm a psychologist, I know what I mean) and it helps in the akhira (scoring points for the afterlife has never been so much easier, nor fun!)
:wasalamex

Agreed.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.