/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness

anonymous
01-21-2007, 01:39 AM
:sl:

I feel that my sins are too much... and i feel ashamed to ask for help from Allah swt. Especially in a state where i dont deserve. I feel i cant make dua'a because i feel that i dont deserve for it to be accepted. I feel so empty without the feeling of Allah swt with me. I feel so vulnerable, and a very good target for shaytan... with a very low level of imaan.

I want to do good, but bad is always easier, why have i become so weak? What do i do? I want to erase my sins because i cant live with them....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-21-2007, 01:50 AM
39 : 53. Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

54. "And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islam), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped.
This is a tool of Shaitan to make you feel hopeless. Turn to Allaah and repent and indeed He will accept your repentance Insha'Allah. Don't let Shaitan decieve you on this matter. Indeed Allaah will forgive you,
6: 12 ...He has prescribed Mercy for Himself...

anonymous
01-21-2007, 02:01 AM
But how can i move on, away from what ive done... the more i try to stay away, the more it comes after me. And i cant deal with it....and i feel so alone and helpless?

I know no one but Allah swt can help me and i have hope. But still i feel ashamed to ask...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-21-2007, 02:05 AM

You'll feel alot better after repenting Insha'Allah. Trust me. Do that, and increase your good deeds.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...jawziyyah.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...dying-out.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...awayishah.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Please don't feel ashamed asking Allah for forgiveness. This is the shaytaan's tricks making you think like that. It's us who feel ashamed to ask, but it pleases Allah when man turns to HIm for repentance. Allah is willing to forgive our sins, no matter how big they are (except dying as a mushrik). You have to believe that Allah is Most Loving, Kind and Merciful. He does not want His creation to go to Hell and that's why He gives us chance after chance to repent. Shaytaan doesn't want you to have faith in Allah's Mercy, that's why he is making you feel ashamed. Don't give him the pleasure. Turn to Allah sincerely and once you have, the feelings of shame will be replaced with hope and peace knowing that as you have sincerely repented, Allah will forgive you. InshaAllah. :)

anonymous
01-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Salaam.

When i ask Allah for help i feel hypocritical, as if im only turning to him when i really need him. Truth is we need him all the time... but i feel so hypocritical .

JazakAllah for ur words of advice... they have helped me

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-21-2007, 02:25 AM

Allaah wants you to turn to Him and ask Him :)

hidaayah
01-21-2007, 02:33 AM

From Anas, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and hope in Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds in the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I shall forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with an earthful of sins and were you then to face Me, without having associated anything with Me, I shall grant you an earthful of pardon.'"

[Recorded by Al-Tirmidhi, who said that it is a good and sound hadith]

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-21-2007, 02:36 AM

He (The Messenger :arabic5: ) also said: ‘Whoever says:
‘I seek Allaah’s forgiveness, besides whom, none has the right to be worshipped except He, The Ever Living, The Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, I turn to Him in repentance.’
Allaah would forgive him even if he was one who fled during the advance of an army.’

http://www.makedua.com/print_dua.php?duaid=243

Eric H
01-21-2007, 05:50 AM
Greetings and peace be with you anonymous; there has been some very good advice already, you are not alone in your struggle.

This feeling of being addicted to the same sins can stay with us for a lifetime, the temptations are always around us. We can look back on things we have done in the past and feel wretched, but we can’t change the past. I am 57 and still have this feeling of hopelessness at times; but somehow I have to find the strength to get through one more day.

Life is a journey we travel always one day at a time until it ends in our death.

If we are all truthful to ourselves, we all sin, we all hurt our neighbours and test God’s love and forgiveness often daily. Sometimes I can feel very guilty and not able to pray, because this feeling of being addicted to the same sins does not go away. Life can be a real struggle but we must never give up hope that we pray to a loving and forgiving God.

Salvation comes not so much on our own efforts, but being able to trust in a loving and forgiving God. If we can somehow learn to forgive and pray for those people who hurt us, we can start to understand how God can forgive us.

In the spirit of hope

Eric

The Ruler
01-21-2007, 12:46 PM

"And My Mercy embraces all things". (7:156)

`Ubadah bin As-Samit (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who bears witness that there is no true god except Allah, alone having no partner with Him, that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger, that `Isa (Jesus) is His slave and Messenger and he (Jesus) is His Word which He communicated to Maryam (Mary) and His spirit which He sent to her, that Jannah is true and Hell is true; Allah will make him enter Jannah accepting whatever deeds he accomplished".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Another narration in Muslim is: the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whosoever testifies that there is no true god except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, Allah (SWT) saves him from the Fire (of Hell)".

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious said: `A slave committed a sin and he said: O Allah, forgive my sin,' and Allah said: `My slave committed a sin and then he realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives the sins and punishes for the sin.' He then again committed a sin and said: `My Rubb, forgive my sin,' and Allah (SWT) said: `My slave committed a sin and then realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives his sin and punishes for the sin.' He again committed a sin and said: `My Rubb, forgive my sin,' and Allah (SWT) said: `My slave has committed a sin and then realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives the sin or takes (him) to account for sin. I have granted forgiveness to my slave. Let him do whatever he likes".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Ayyub Khalid bin Zaid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Were you not to commit sins, Allah would create people who would commit sins and ask for forgiveness and He would forgive them".
[Muslim].

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Almighty, says: `Whosoever does a good deed, will have (reward) ten times like it and I add more; and whosoever does an evil, will have the punishment like it or I will forgive (him); and whosoever approaches Me by one span, I will approach him by one cubit; and whosoever approaches Me by one cubit, I approach him by one fathom, and whosoever comes to Me walking, I go to him running; and whosoever meets Me with an earth-load of sins without associating anything with Me, I meet him with forgiveness like that".
[Muslim]

^ these hadiths always create a positive aura in me :thumbs_up

:w:

Snowflake
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam.

When i ask Allah for help i feel hypocritical, as if im only turning to him when i really need him. Truth is we need him all the time... but i feel so hypocritical .

JazakAllah for ur words of advice... they have helped me
Salam Anonymous,

I understand how you feel anonymous. But if we allow ourselves to put up obstacles and not reach out to Allah, we only end up making ourselves more distant from Him.

Eric made a wonderful point in saying that we all sin. We really do in one way or another. We wouldn't be human if we didn't. And we also feel like hypocrits and ashamed to stand before Allah at times. That isn't a bad thing because it shows we have a sense of shame for our wrongs.

It only gets bad when we let our shame get in the way of believing in Allah's Mercy. Yes, we need Allah at all times, and one of them times is the position you are in right now. So do reach out to Him despite your sense of shame.

When making repentance, ask Allah to also forgive you for the times you turned to Him only when you needed Him. InshaAllah He will forgive you. Then to avoid falling into the same despair again, be steadfast in your daily prayers and fulfil your duties to your creator i.e. remembering Him as one should. You will find that you won't ever again despair or feel ashamed in asking Allah for anything ever again. You'll know that if you are trying your best to please Allah then He too will shower His Mercy and blessings on you. :)

- Qatada -
01-21-2007, 03:15 PM
:salamext:

Please also read this:

Stories of Repentance
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...epentance.html

That will really benefit you insha'Allaah and make u want to repent.

Repent to Allaah even if you feel hypocritical. Know that when we fear anything in this world, we run away from it. But when we fear Allaah, we seek refuge in Him [His protection/forgiveness] from His punishment.

Allaah wants you to turn to Him because He wants to forgive you. If you turn away from Allaah, then you're harming your own soul and making Allaah angry with you. So why not do what Allaah loves, and repent to Him? Then do alot of good deeds to compensate for that. Because if you die, while having those sins on your shoulders, then you're just going to make it harder for your own self.

Even if you start off in small steps by saying astaghfirullaah, and within your heart asking Allaah to help you and forgive you, you will see the benefits of that insha'Allaah. Gradually you will work your way up and your emaan will increase, to the extent where Allaah will support you through the bad times and the good. However, this can only happen if you take this first step towards Allaah.

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

The sin that you commited, try to distance yourself from the sin and the people/things that were involved. This way you will distance yourself away from the sin insha'Allaah and not remember it as much, which might make it harder to fall into the same sin again. And Allaah Almighty knows best.

anonymous
01-21-2007, 05:38 PM
JazakAllah Khair for all your advices esp England and Muslima Sis. I am trying to flee from sins but i cant do it all at once... its a slow process, i tried giving everything up at once but when i fall then i fall harder.

I hope Allah will forgive me...please remember me in your prayers. I ask Allah swt to make it easy for me to obey him and also ask him to keep my parents pleased with me. Aameen

Salam

Woodrow
01-21-2007, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I feel that my sins are too much... and i feel ashamed to ask for help from Allah swt. Especially in a state where i dont deserve. I feel i cant make dua'a because i feel that i dont deserve for it to be accepted. I feel so empty without the feeling of Allah swt with me. I feel so vulnerable, and a very good target for shaytan... with a very low level of imaan.

I want to do good, but bad is always easier, why have i become so weak? What do i do? I want to erase my sins because i cant live with them....
You have already taken the first and most important steps. You regret your sins, You are aware you do not deserve anything, You know you are empty without Allah(swt), You know you are weak and you know you want your sins erased.

Now, you just need to place your trust in Allah(swt) and know he has the power to forgive you.

It is easy to give into the temptations of Shaytan. Now, look at it this way Allah(swt) has much more to offer than shaytan will ever have. Let that desire be stronger than the temptaions of shaytan.

dhiya'urrahmah
01-21-2007, 06:31 PM
keep trying, pelase don't give up. once, i am also do saomething that is not good. then i try to leave it slowly but consistently, yes, we may do it again, but refresh uor repent after we realize it. then, after about 3 years, i able to free myslef from it completely, alhamdulillah. fortunately, it was 1 Muharram at the moment, my determination is strong enough to leave it.

so. don't stop.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.