/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reality TV is for Animals

al_farooq
01-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Reality television in the West, particularly in Britain and America, exposes the core elements of individuals living in secular, democratic and so-called liberated societies.

Racism, bullying, foul language, slander, adultery, fornication, homosexuality, nudity, insolence and animalistic behaviour – all of which are forbidden by God – are a few standard ingredients of popular reality shows, such as Channel 4’s Big Brother (UK).

Millions of non-Muslims are glued to their seats for hours as they are entertained by obnoxious individuals who reflect the sad reality of most people in society and are willing to do anything for recognition, fame and fortune.

Needless to say, it is unimaginable for a person of honour, sanity, dignity and self-respect to partake in, or watch such shows.

Muslims need to be vigilant and protect themselves and their families from Shaytaan (Satan) and be aware of any tools he may use to propagate his evil ideology and values of freedom and liberalism.

Next time you hear the word integration, remember that it is the likes of those who appear on reality TV that Tony Blair wants you to integrate with.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
salam.
lol at the title but can't be bothered with T.V meself. why waste time watching T.V you know tis life is short dudes, waste it wisely!
soz i have to depart now will get back amrw inshallah or some other time inshallah.
Ma'assalama

al_farooq
01-21-2007, 11:21 PM
as wr, infact animals are better atleast they keep to their fitra and dont violate it

*Hana*
01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Salam Alaikum:

Ummmm, just as Muslims do not like all being placed into one category, neither do others.

I like to watch The Amazing Race and rarely miss an episode. So, if that makes me an animal, then grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, so be it. :p

Wasalam,
Hana

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
01-22-2007, 12:06 AM
I also watch some reality shows...

so all I have to say is.........

meow

Muezzin
01-22-2007, 10:26 AM
The best reality show is the news.

Man, I sound like a geek.

FBI
01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
:sl:

shows such as big brother arn't reality, beacuse the whole concept of the show is to get together people who are completre opposits and lock them in a house with no form of entertainment, sooner or later they're gonna be at each others throats, the producers pick people who are likely to have conflicts and put them in.

sevgi
01-22-2007, 10:46 AM
wat bout stuff like the singng shows? american idol n stuff? isd that reality or game show? whats wrong with em?

Malaikah
01-22-2007, 11:14 AM

^Music is haram in the first place sis. :)

Keltoi
01-22-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm not much concerned about the morality of reality TV, I simply find it boring and repetitive. The only reality show I watch at all is Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fi Channel, more for laughs than interest.

Trumble
01-22-2007, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_farooq
Millions of non-Muslims are glued to their seats for hours as they are entertained by obnoxious individuals who reflect the sad reality of most people in society and are willing to do anything for recognition, fame and fortune.
I would point out in fairness to the rest of us that there are a great many more millions who, far from from being glued to their seats, are reaching for the off switch at the first sign of Big Brother or its ilk. One problem with all the ridiculous hype and press coverage is that it gives the impression far more people watch it than actually do.

Needless to say, it is unimaginable for a person of honour, sanity, dignity and self-respect to partake in, or watch such shows.
Agreed.

Next time you hear the word integration, remember that it is the likes of those who appear on reality TV that Tony Blair wants you to integrate with.
Totally unfair. You can no more classify the bulk of the UK population as "the likes of those who appear on reality TV" as you can the bulk of the muslim population as "the likes of those who blow themselves up in Tube trains". It is precisely because those people are not typical that they make "good TV" and get selected for such programs in the first place. If the Big Brother house was full of 'normal' people not even those devoid of honour, sanity, dignity and self-respect would be watching it.

al_farooq
01-22-2007, 09:49 PM
subhanallah what are u people like? its all haraam, full of haraam stuff!! or dont you know what is haraam and what is halaal?

the kuffar are not on the same deen as us and their deen is mainly hawaa (self desire). i was speaking generally about them, and most of them are fornicators, adulterers, alcohol drinkers, racist, homersexuals, bad moral people, are they not? dont they have these deases? it doesnt have to be those on tv, even around us,schools, uni's, work, evrywhere. like Allah swt said that they will never be pleased with us untill we follow their deen.

whats wrong with you muslims? how can u defend these type of people and even give them your time and space? FEAR ALLAH! you will be accounted for your time spent. you will be accounted for it then what will you say to Allah? that it was only a bit of fun?

fear Allah and spend your time wisely on the deen, do dawah, dhikr, read the quran, watch islamic videos like lectures etc, be amonst good practising muslims.

minaz
01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Well al_farooq, we can all see you don't like relaity TV, infact you don't seem to like a lot of things :p Lets stay on topic about the pros and cons of Reality TV rather than rant about other issues.

Bint Abdusattar
01-22-2007, 11:03 PM

Believe me there are loads of muslims glued to the show too!!! What is the Ummah coming to! Where is the unity gone so that we can stand together and deter these kind of shows!
:w:

Muezzin
01-22-2007, 11:25 PM
The best protest against Reality TV is simply to not watch it. Dwindling ratings lead to cancelled shows. :thumbs_up

Trumble
01-23-2007, 05:02 AM
i was speaking generally about them, and most of them are fornicators, adulterers, alcohol drinkers, racist, homersexuals, bad moral people, are they not?
Er, no, actually. Apart from the alcohol drinking, maybe. You speak 'generally' far too casually.

Malaikah
01-23-2007, 08:42 AM
^Don't know about where you live, but where i live, the term fornicators is just as applicable as drinkers.

:playing:

al_farooq
01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
ANYTHING which is against the shariah is wrong and evil. no questions asked. but you non muslims will see nothing wrong with it as i said it comes from your desire which seems right to you but dont forget i'm a muslim (submitter to Allah (swt)) so for good is what he says and wrong is what he says, as him being my creator knows best what is good and what is bad.

Agnostic
01-26-2007, 01:03 AM
I hate these reality shows, the TV producers seem to try and find the loudest most obnoxious self centered individuals for these type of shows

Azhar786
01-26-2007, 02:11 AM
i love them u learn somethin from them and it depends how u look at them and learn from them!!
wat they want u2 see and how its affecting the muslim world or ppl

Agnostic
01-26-2007, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azhar786
i love them u learn somethin from them and it depends how u look at them and learn from them!!
Well I was talking about the American reality shows I haven't seen "Big Brother" just heard about it
Does it just air in the UK ?

*Hana*
01-26-2007, 04:26 AM
There is also an American version of Big Brother that airs in the USA and Canada. I do believe there are versions of this in a variety of different countries.

Hana

muslima06
01-26-2007, 05:20 AM
Reality television in the West, particularly in Britain and America, exposes the core elements of individuals living in secular, democratic and so-called liberated societies.

Racism, bullying, foul language, slander, adultery, fornication, homosexuality, nudity, insolence and animalistic behaviour – all of which are forbidden by God – are a few standard ingredients of popular reality shows, such as Channel 4’s Big Brother (UK).

Muslims need to be vigilant and protect themselves and their families from Shaytaan (Satan) and be aware of any tools he may use to propagate his evil ideology and values of freedom and liberalism.

I agree with you..but I don't understand the last part, what do you mean by it?''Next time you hear the word integration, remember that it is the likes of those who appear on reality TV that Tony Blair wants you to integrate with.''

muslima06
01-26-2007, 05:28 AM
and what is exactly can you learn form it but to go astray from the path of Allah.you'll be with those you love in akhira so why not love the prophet and the salfu saalih so in short stick to the sunnah.thats better for you.
no offence,just a sisterly advice.
salam.

Azhar786
01-26-2007, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima06
and what is exactly can you learn form it but to go astray from the path of Allah.you'll be with those you love in akhira so why not love the prophet and the salfu saalih so in short stick to the sunnah.thats better for you.
no offence,just a sisterly advice.
salam.
salaam sister

if we dont see it or learn from how we goin 2warn other brothers and sisters!!

muslima06
01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
salaam sister

if we dont see it or learn from how we goin 2warn other brothers and sisters!!
but that is not the case people are watching because of their desires. also you should call people to way of allah and that is not watching such things like that you...you don't need to be watching(u can know it from the society or do a sruvey.serious u r saying to me that you need to spend hours watching haram things to warn people. doen't the quran and sunnah teach us to not waste our time and use it for wrothful things such as studing.those couple of housrs that go to the t.v, should go to cibadah..wouldn't u agree.

Azhar786
01-28-2007, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima06
but that is not the case people are watching because of their desires. also you should call people to way of allah and that is not watching such things like that you...you don't need to be watching(u can know it from the society or do a sruvey.serious u r saying to me that you need to spend hours watching haram things to warn people. doen't the quran and sunnah teach us to not waste our time and use it for wrothful things such as studing.those couple of housrs that go to the t.v, should go to cibadah..wouldn't u agree.

:wasalamex
sister i agree with u
sorri2say i dnt sit there and watch haram stuff on tv for hours!

fatima_01
01-28-2007, 04:43 PM
this has nuttin to do wit this debate but jermmaine is on big brother n he prays his namazz n all go jermaine hes second fav to win !!!(y)

al_farooq
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
subhannallah, look how its all gone upside down. the only example to follow is muhammed (saw) and his sahabahs for everything morals, manners, characters etc etc not some tv stars. to watch some filth like this will weaken your imaan and cause your heart to be darkend. what i mean by blairs statement is that he calls on muslims to integrate, but intagrate with who? and shows like this gives you a taste what type of people there is in society out there and your suppose to integrate with them??!!

Muezzin
02-07-2007, 03:35 AM
The only way to end reality tv is to not watch it.

subhannallah, look how its all gone upside down. the only example to follow is muhammed (saw) and his sahabahs for everything morals, manners, characters etc etc not some tv stars. to watch some filth like this will weaken your imaan and cause your heart to be darkend. what i mean by blairs statement is that he calls on muslims to integrate, but intagrate with who? and shows like this gives you a taste what type of people there is in society out there and your suppose to integrate with them??!!
That's a good point actually. Seemingly everyone in the UK is stigmatised nowadays - toffs, chavs, students, black people, white people, Indian people, Pakistani people, Bangladeshi people, Far Eastern people, old people, young people, children, babies...

Should fringe extremist Muslims emulate Jamie Oliver or So Solid Crew? Ah, choices.

JimMorrison
02-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Reality TV is not the reality. There a show called Loft Story, they put 12 people, 6 men 6 women in a Loft (House) and they can't quit for 3 month. They call that reality TV, is not.

al_farooq
02-09-2007, 10:52 PM
forget what is reality or not thats not my point, my point is any society not living by shariah is corrupt society full of corruption that ive previously mentioned and seems like allot of you enjoy

Strzelecki
02-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Survivor is my favorite show. *hides*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.