/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

roy gatehouse
01-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Salam, my name is Roy Gatehouse I am new to this forum and would like to learn and speak arabic, I am a western expat just arrived two months in Riyadh to work and live.
I would very much like to learn to speak and understand Arabic as my belief is that to live and work in a country you should make every effort to speak and understand the local la:sl: nguage.
Also to respect the Muslim way.:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
01-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, i hope you have a beneficial stay.

roy gatehouse
01-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Thank you I hope to have a good understanding of Muslim life and to learn many Muslim customs and to be able to learn many words and understandings.:D

Muhammad
01-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Greetings Roy,

Welcome to the forum!

You have probably already seen the Arabic section, which should be quite useful in helping you to learn the language.

Thank you for your interest in the Muslim way of life and I hope you will learn much from the forum. Enjoy your stay :)

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samira_01
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Peace .

Welcome :)

Re.TiReD
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the forums..may you have a beneficial stay :)

Sabbir_1
01-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forums..

you'll will learning arabic, by living in riyadh..so you will pick up words from the people...

Woodrow
01-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here and also your physical stay in Riyadh. It will be interesting to here the views of a non-Muslim living and working in Saudi Arabia.

Sadly you will find that many of the members on this forum are not fluent in Arabic. It comes as a shock to most non-Muslims to discover that over 85% of the world's Muslims do not speak Arabic as a native Language.

However, in Riyadh there is an excellent book titled "How to Speak Arabic" it is written by Caroline Squire-Ettaba. With it you should be able to learn the alphabet in just a matter of days and actually be able to read most common sentences within a month. Nearly every bookstore has that book, or did in the past. It is an older book but quite good.

If you have access to the USAF base at Riyadh, the book is usualy available at the AFEX also.

netprince
01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
:sl:

Welcome to this forum, i hope you have a very beneficial stay.

:w:

Aisha20
01-23-2007, 01:53 PM
:welcome:

enjoy ur stay :p

snakelegs
01-25-2007, 03:59 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
look forward to getting to know you and learn what it's like living in saudi as a non-muslim.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-25-2007, 04:13 AM
Hey bro, welcome to LI.
Im glad to know ur takin interest.
I hope u find this forum helpful, God Willing.
See u around!
Peace :)

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Hello Roy Gatehouse,

Welcome to the forum,

Hope you pick up some Arabic terms here inshaAllah (God-Willing)

Have a beneficial time and be good :)

Tc bro :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.