/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Skywalker
01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Salaam u aleikum bro's and sis's and everyone else :)

I joined the forum a little while ago but haven't really posted much, so I thought I'd at least introduce myself so that I'm not a "limited member" anymore.

Anyways, I really like the way this forum is going and I hope that I can be an active part of it insha-Allah. I hope that I can learn as much as I can about my own religion through interaction with you guys, and hopefully make some friends along the way...

About me, I'm pretty normal; I'm almost 24, I've lived in Yugoslavia, Canada, and now Egypt, I don't have any pets, I'm in my last year in college (Computer Science major), and as you can tell by my nickname...I like Star Wars ;) I'm also a fan of LOTR, Star Trek, and various animes like Naruto and Bleach.

Although I was born a Muslim, my actual Islamic life began when I was about 15, when a good friend of mine introduced me to the beauty of Islam and its teachings. I've been eager to learn more about it and be an active part of it ever since.

My goal in this life is to serve Allah to the utmost of my ability, this means getting in shape and making myself a better Muslim, as well as helping as many people around me to see the path, and more importantly, to walk the path that Allah has recommended for us. I also want to make as much of an effort as I can to bridge the gap between the Muslim world and everyone else, because if that's not done anytime soon, I fear trouble will fall on all of us, and may Allah save us. But I also think that before we can start building bridges, we also have look inside our own ummah, and fix the many problems that we've created for ourselves. May Allah help us and guide us to unity.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you insha-Allah.

Now, how's THAT for an introduction?! :D hehe

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
01-22-2007, 02:21 PM
:sl: subnanAllah!! good essay...ahem I mean intro! lol hope you benefit from the site Insha'Allah and oh yeah

[BANANA]welcome![/BANANA] :w:

netprince
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
:sl:

I hope you have a very beneficial stay.:)

:w:

Samira_01
01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Welcome :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
01-22-2007, 02:49 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Jazakallahu khayr for that detailed introduction and those words of wisdom about the Muslim Ummah.

May Allaah allow this forum to fulfill those goals in life for all of us, Aameen.

Enjoy your stay :)

Woodrow
01-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Welcome to the forum. You have a very interesting background, you will be an asset to us. May your stay be mutualy beneficial to all of us.

Skywalker
01-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! You sure are friendly :)

Yeah I know my intro seems like an essay, but I always think a real introduction is one that gives others a sense of who you are. The average "Hi my name is <name> and I'm from <place>, nice to meet you" might work with some people, but I like to go all out :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
You have a very interesting background, you will be an asset to us.
LOL! That reminds me of a line that the Emperor says in The Empire Strikes Back, just when they were talking about Luke Skywalker. "Yes...he will be a great asset..." hehe

Catch u guys around the forums isa!

snakelegs
01-25-2007, 04:03 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
i've already found some of your posts very interesting - i hope you stick around, skywalker.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Great intro bro!
Definitely not boring :D
Ameen to all the du'as.

Skywalker
01-25-2007, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i've already found some of your posts very interesting - i hope you stick around, skywalker.
Thanks man, I'll definetely be sticking around for a while insha-Allah. I have a lot to learn and have a lot of questions about Islam, so I'm hoping that my stay here will help me in that aspect.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Great intro bro!
Definitely not boring
Thanks, that's good to hear; I was starting to think you guys were getting bored of me right from the start ;)

By the way, how can I change my avatar to something that's not on the site?

Muhammad
01-25-2007, 03:24 PM

You should be able to change your avatar once you become a full member Insha'Allaah (50 posts):

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq/limi...imited_mem_ber

Skywalker
01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Gotta get those 50 posts, grrrrrrrrr.............

Thanks for the info, bro.

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 05:16 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

50 posts is nothing!

don't worry ur nearly there anyway,

Welcome to the forum,

Get posting some interesting stuff inshaAllah,

Tc of yourself :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-25-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
Thanks, that's good to hear; I was starting to think you guys were getting bored of me right from the start ;)
Lol nah, i dont think anyone can be boring. Those who come here at least. People come here with a lot on their mind obviously :D What comes from the heart, truly, is never boring!

unknown_JJ
01-25-2007, 10:23 PM
welcome 2 the forum bro

Al_Imaan
01-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm kinda late in the welcoming part but....:welcome: Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay....and nice intro bro...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!