/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I took my Shahada!

chris4336
01-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Hello all,

I have not posted in awhile. I would just like to let to let you guys know that I said my Shahada today - Alhamdula. After months of studying, I really felt something in my heart and I knew it was the right time.

I ask that you all please forgive me of my faults in the past, and I would really really like to Thank everyone who has helped me, even by just responding to my questions on these boards. It really has brought me to where I am today.

Thank you all again.

Peace,
Christina

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
01-22-2007, 08:39 PM
salam.
subhanllah allah hu akbar TAKBIR!!! mashallah am proud of ya dudette, have any questions ask yh.
Ma'assalama

*noor
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
assalaamu alaikum

Congratulations on your reversion to Islam!!! Don't worry about your past faults. Once someone enters Islam, all of their past faults disappear!

I want to congratulate you again on your reversion. SubhanAllah!!

Pk_#2
01-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Yayyyyyyyy sis

Welcome to Islam!

Alhamdhulillah ! :D

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmmatullahi Wabarakatuh :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M2A^AKIB^
01-22-2007, 08:54 PM
A person who reverts to Islam is like a newborn baby who has no sins.

Alhamdulillah! i am glad chose this way of life!

Al_Imaan
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Alhamdulillah!
Congratulations sis!

- Qatada -
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
:salamext:

Takbeer! Allaahu akbar! Maasha'Allaah thats really kool. May Allaah allow us to live and die as muslims, and enter His paradise. ameen. :)

Muhammad
01-22-2007, 08:58 PM
:sl: sister,

Wow Masha'Allaah, congratulations! All praise is due to Allaah who has opened your heart to Islam.

It is nice to know that we could be of help to you and thank you for coming back to tell us this.

We pray that Allaah keeps you firm upon the truth and increases you in knowledge and understanding, Aameen.

:w:

Kittygyal
01-22-2007, 08:58 PM
salam.
amin thumma amin ya rabbil alameen, inshallah inshallah

Ma'assalama

BlissfullyJaded
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
:sl:

Thats wonderful news mashaAllah. Mabrook sister.

We pray that Allaah keeps you firm upon the truth and increases you in knowledge and understanding, Aameen.
Ameen!

Woodrow
01-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Mashallah and Welcome home. This is truly a home coming and it is so wonderful to see a Sister return to where she was always meant to be.

Samira_01
01-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Welcome to islam uqtii :)

may Allah double reward yu Inshallah ..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM

Alhamdullilah!

Congradulations on your reversion, welcome to the family :)

Aameen.

Skillganon
01-22-2007, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chris4336
Hello all,

I have not posted in awhile. I would just like to let to let you guys know that I said my Shahada today - Alhamdula. After months of studying, I really felt something in my heart and I knew it was the right time.

I ask that you all please forgive me of my faults in the past, and I would really really like to Thank everyone who has helped me, even by just responding to my questions on these boards. It really has brought me to where I am today.

Thank you all again.

Peace,
Christina
Alhumdilillah, cool. May Allaah allow us to live and die as muslims, and enter His paradise. ameen.

*noor
01-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Ameen to all the duaas!

netprince
01-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Mashallah that is great news!!!

Allah(SWT) has blessed you with the truth, may Allah(SWT) give you the best in this world and the hereafter.

Al-Zaara
01-23-2007, 06:56 AM

Subhan Allah, what great news!!
Congratulations my sister. :happy:

may Allah(SWT) give you the best in this world and the hereafter.

May Allaah allow us to live and die as muslims, and enter His paradise. ameen.
Aameen!!!

amirah_87
01-23-2007, 07:02 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

MashaAllah TabaarakAllah! Congratulations Ukhtiy.

All Praise to Allah, He who was guided you! :statisfie

starfortress
01-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Hello all,

Thank you all again.

Peace,
Christina

Alhamdulillah for the good news,may all of us will be rewarded Jannat ul huda,aswell as you too sis,hope you will succeed as a Muslimah.So, any plans after this?:) "Jazakallahu Khayran" (May Allah reward you for the good.)

- Qatada -
01-23-2007, 05:22 PM

What made you take that step forward sister? :)

Maarya
01-23-2007, 05:41 PM

congratulations sister!

ameen to all duas

UmmSqueakster
01-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Welcome to Islam! Feel free to pm me here or on VJ (under rahma) if you ever want to chat. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

rubiesand
01-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Many congratulations and may peace be with you always Christina.

:)

Nyomi
01-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey,

Congratulations!
Thats great news :)

Nyomi

Bint Abdusattar
01-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Mashallah - congratulations - that's wonderful news
:w: + hugs

chris4336
01-24-2007, 02:55 AM
Thank you all for your warm greetings.

Well I have been reading for awhile on Islam...and I had read all about the scientific proofs, the life of the Prophet and it all made sense to me. Some of the rules did not make sense, and still don't make sense, but as many here have pointed out, we are not asked to understand all of God's rules.

So like I said it made sense scientifically and logically...especially when I thought about how the world would be so much better if people really followed Islam (and I mean "real" Islam). But I didn't feel anything in my heart. I don't know if that makes any sense but I was very frustrated and down for a few months just praying all the time asking for some kind of sign or something. Then I kind of took a step back for a little while and when I came back to Islam it was just different. It was like I really understood what is meant in the Quran when it says that God turns hearts. It was like my heart was opened, and I got that emotional component to go with all the other stuff that made sense to me.

I am still really scared that I will not be able to do it right or that it will be too hard for me. But someone said here, you should accept Allah so that he can help you. Right now I am just trying to take it one Salat at a time, and make it the best I can.

Thanks to everyone!!!! Inchallah I'll be around with some questions.

syilla
01-24-2007, 03:12 AM
mashaAllah congratulations on your reversion.

and ameen to all duas....

how is your husband doing?

north_malaysian
01-24-2007, 08:19 AM
I'll give you reps........:happy:

shible
01-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Assalamu alaikkum(warah).

Welcome to the Family sister.

hope you grow with more Emaan and also have a very informative stay towards Islam

May Allah shower his blessings and mercy towards you and all our brothers and sisters in this world

Ameen

Assalamu alaikkum(warah)

YusufNoor
01-24-2007, 01:40 PM
A`udhu Billahi mina Shaytanir Rajeem,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu 'alaykum Sister,

Takbeer! Allahu Akbar!

may Allah(SWT) give you the best in this world and the hereafter.

May Allaah allow us to live and die as muslims, and enter His paradise. ameen.
Ameen!

Wow, Subhannalah, you must have went through one gargantuan internal struggle over this! you should really post your story when you have the time that others may benefit, Insha' Allah!

Inshallah I'll be around with some questions.
i hope they are easier this time.:muddlehea

just kidding!:okay:

Yusuf

*KB*
01-24-2007, 04:31 PM
salam
congratulations! now i can call you sister!!(well sister chris4336:statisfie: ) :welcome:to the wonderful religion of Islam
wasalam

shigatse
01-24-2007, 04:45 PM
There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower

[Qur'an 2:256]

shigatse
01-24-2007, 04:51 PM
There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower

[Qur'an 2:256]
:Alhumdill

Welcome in the biggest family of World, may Allah:arabic2: help you in all parts of your life.:amin:

cihad
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
welcome
assalamualaykum
*hugs*

shigatse
01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
JazakAllah Akhi cihad

chris4336
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Haha I just realized they changed the title of my post!

Thanks again for all the messages

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Mashallah.
May Allah make it easy for you.

Makky
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Hello all,

Thank you all again.

Peace,
Christina
Allahu akbar
ALHAMDULILLAH

GONGRATULATIONSSSS SISTER:w:

Beblessed
01-29-2007, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Ameen to all dua's

Mashallah wha a great news to hear congratulations sis! :D
May Allah grant us all in Jannah al fardous Ameen

Snowflake
01-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Hello all,

Thank you all again.

Peace,
Christina

Many many congrats sis (((((((hugz))))))) :):):)

I pray Allah keeps you rightly guided and showers His Mercy and Blessing on you. Ameen. I'm very happy to hear this good news sis. I hope you are well and don't disappear again. :p

Umm Yoosuf
01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Congratulations on your reversion Sister Chris. May Allah always keep you on the right path :)

Umu 'Isa
01-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Allaahu Akbar!

Masha Allah, congratulations sister Chris. Welcome to Islam :D

sevgi
01-30-2007, 01:49 AM
connies...

may we hear more news like this inshallah...:)

Angelzz
01-30-2007, 01:51 AM
SubhanAllah Chris -- wow congratulations and welcome to islam!!!

Sorry, I myself havent been on that frequently too and just noticed ur thread - please forgive me --- but congratulations - May Allah always keep u strong and on the right path Ameen.

BTW let us know how ur going inshaAllah - if u need anything or more advice about the new kinds of questions u may have let us know inshaAllah

Muslim Woman
02-01-2007, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
assalaamu alaikum

Congratulations on your reversion to Islam!!! Don't worry about your past faults. Once someone enters Islam, all of their past faults disappear!

I want to congratulate you again on your reversion. SubhanAllah!!
Salaam/peace;

another good news is bad works turn into good works........ Alhamdulillah.

Surah 25. The Criterion, The Standard

… Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful ( 25: 70)

&&

IbnAbdulHakim
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry for the really late reply!!

ALHAMDULILLAAH!!

Hope you live happily with plenty of patience and die upon islam!!

Ameeen!! :D

:wasalamex

Skywalker
02-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Lol, don't let the girl get the wrong idea!

Anyways, I'd also like to tell you how happy I am to hear of another person seeing the light and and coming into Allah's religion. May your decision give you happiness, wisdom, and prosperity in this life, and may Allah keep you on His path and grant you Heaven in the hereafter. May He make your family understanding and open their eyes and hearts to the beauty of Islam.

Your first days as a Muslimah are going to be weird but wonderful insha-Allah. You might find yourself asking a lot of questions about the small details in prayer, fasting, etc., and if you have any of those, you can ask us here and we'd be happy to help you out :)

Welcome to the deen, sister ;)

zaria
02-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Alhamduillah,

MashaAllah. May Allah keep you firm in the thruth and strenghten your iman Ameen

Muslim Woman
02-05-2007, 01:03 AM
salaam/peace;

Haha I just realized they changed the title of my post!
what was it ? :p

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
:sl: sister Chris,

Congratulations on your courageous step to embrace the way of submission and devotion to God Almighty as your way of life!

God guides whomsoever He wills. :)

Here are some good source to learn more about Islam:
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...resources.html

Khayal
02-05-2007, 07:26 PM

Congratulations!!!

on your reversion. :)

sameer
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Alhumdulillah and congrats sis

mariam.
02-06-2007, 05:43 PM
:laugh: Iam so happy to know that .. Alhumdulillah

welcome to islam my sister

peace be upon you

muslima06
02-07-2007, 02:11 AM
asalamu aleykum sis,
Allahu Akbar!! All praise is due to Allah who has guided us to the straight path. May Allah make it easy for you and for all of us.

Hisbul_Aziz
02-07-2007, 02:16 AM
May allah grant you knowledge and janatul firdaus

Muslim Woman
02-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Salaam/peace

hello Sis,

how life is going on ? :statisfie

Um_ahmad
02-24-2007, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Sorry for the really late reply!!

ALHAMDULILLAAH!!

Ameeen!! :D

:wasalamex
DIDO :)

جوري
02-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Wow am I ashamed to have missed this post until now...
Allah Akbar....Allah Akbar ....Allah Akbar
congratulations sister..... I feel joy having read this.........
I like that statment you made about taking it one salat at a time... that is a very wise approach to everything in life... Time is here so that everything grows and prospers gradually and that we are not overwhelmed with everything all at once...Learn all you can and make friends... we are all your family... and ecstatic to have you... I mean that from the depth of my heart.

Islam_sister
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmmatullahi Wabarakatuh :D

Ameen to all the Duaas

Masha'allah. Congrates on your reversion to ISLAM!.. I am so Happy for you my sister!.. May Allah keeps us guided and strong in Islam and Protect us from any evils that may come our way. Ameen

al Amaanah
03-02-2007, 06:09 PM

ALLAHU AKBAR! Welcome to Islaam ukhtee!

Uma Rayanah
03-02-2007, 07:33 PM

[PIE]Mashallah Tabarak Allah....[/PIE]

May Allah bless u ma dear sista in Islam...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.