/* */

PDA

View Full Version : British Working Class

Abubakar
07-10-2005, 07:19 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters

Program NOW on Channel 4.

It looks like an interesting insight into some problems in our soceity.

Would suggest watching

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
07-10-2005, 07:20 PM
This site also provides a good insight into working-class Brits: http://www.chavscum.co.uk

Top stuff :thumbs_up

:p

Abubakar
07-10-2005, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
This site also provides a good insight into working-class Brits: http://www.chavscum.co.uk

Top stuff :thumbs_up

:p

:sl: Brother

Some very funny stuff.

I think I was being a little more serious and putting it into historical perspective.

Thanks

Peace

Abubakar
07-10-2005, 10:42 PM
:sl:

Well I watched it, wasn't bad.

It did make a few good points about why the white british working class feel under fire and marginalised. I find in general most Muslims who have not grown up in the UK, and many that have, fail to get a grasp of the Class destinctions and social descrimination.

One of the points it glossed over was of course the affect on immigration of the 60s and 70s on the dreams and asperations of the working class. Just when it loked like we were going to start getting our fair share of the material spoils, because there were more jobs than people to do them, so wages would increase the government bought in workers from all over the Commonwealth and wages stayed low.

This I believe is one of the roots of Working Class Rascism.

We must remember that the vested interest that control the Media are not working class.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
07-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Indeed. Envy is often at the roots of many forms of discrimination.

Though discrimination is also irrational - witness the racism of some white working-class Brits to Asian workers, yet those same Brits' enjoyment of Asian curry.

Abubakar
07-11-2005, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Indeed. Envy is often at the roots of many forms of discrimination.

Though discrimination is also irrational - witness the racism of some white working-class Brits to Asian workers, yet those same Brits' enjoyment of Asian curry.

:sl: Brother Muezzin

I agree with you completely.

Racism has no rational basis or logic.

I agree with the curry thing as well, just an illustration of the stupidity of racism and its self contradictory nature.

Peace

Bittersteel
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
I hate "classing" people.

Genius
07-11-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm working class and proud.

Brother_Mujahid
07-11-2005, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
I'm working class and proud.
but you support liverpool which qualifies you as a bling bling chav

chavtastic don't you think.

aamirsaab
07-11-2005, 02:49 PM
LOL. How do you know that word, mujahid bhai jhan!

Muezzin
07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
LOL. How do you know that word, mujahid bhai jhan!
SHUT UP! I'll brick ya, ya pakeh! OI! Get Kelleh to ge' us some chips!

MONKEH!

minaz
07-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Oi dunt tel 'im tu shat-ap u efin law student geek! p.s. tell kelleh to put extra salt on mine :p

Muezzin
07-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Get um yerself! Don't tell me wot to do! SHURRUP PAKEH!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.