/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Previous sin cancelled out?

glo
01-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I heard from a Muslim that according to Islam there are certain times/ situations during anybody's life, when all previous sins are cancelled out and count no more.

The times he mentioned were:
  • When somebody first says shahadah
  • When a woman has given birth
  • When somebody dies a martyr's death

Is this correct?
Are there any other times when all previous sin is cancelled out? If so, when?

According to the above information I am assuming that a woman who dies in childbirth or a martyr or somebody who dies just after saying Shahadah would die sinless and go straight to heaven?
Am I right in assuming this or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-23-2007, 06:50 PM
:salamext:

Also these:

`Amr Ibn Al-`Aas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates: "When Allah guided me to Islam, I went to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and said to him: 'O Messenger of Allah! Stretch out your hand so that I may pledge allegiance to you.' The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) stretched out his hand to me, but I withdrew my hand. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked, 'O `Amr! What is the matter with you?' I said: 'I would like to stipulate a condition!' The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked, 'What is that condition you want to stipulate?' 'It is that all my past sins be forgiven,' I said. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: 'O `Amr! Do you not know that embracing Islam removes all the sins committed before it; that Hijrah (migration in Allah's Cause) wipes off all sins; and that performing Hajj blots out all one's past sins!"' (Saheeh Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.