/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turks honour murdered journalist

Lina
01-24-2007, 01:43 AM
:sl:

Tens of thousands of people walked silently behind the coffin of murdered Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, in a vast funeral cortege in Istanbul.
The newspaper editor, 53, was gunned down in the Turkish city on Friday, metres from his offices.

Dink wrote controversial articles about the mass killing of Armenians by Ottoman Turks during World War I.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6289275.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
01-24-2007, 08:30 AM
... he just asking the Turks to acknowledge that his people (the armenians) were killed by the Ottoman... what's wrong with that? :cry:

sevgi
01-25-2007, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
... he just asking the Turks to acknowledge that his people (the armenians) were killed by the Ottoman... what's wrong with that? :cry:
um ok...have u read any of his writing? have you heard any of the speeched he made? they were totally out of shape...

personally, i wanted him to be bashed...but killed? no way...i would have left his judgement to the hereafter where it is a lot harsher and just.

another thing...do ur research! why shud the turks have to acknowledge something they did not commit. u telling me that the armenian genocide is true? why so many armenians living today in turkey then? arent they all meant to be dead? why do they have better priveledges than most turks in turkey?

WHY WUD A MUSLIM EMPIRE LIKE THE OTTOMON EMPIRE...THE ISLAMIC RULERS OF THE TIME WANT TO KILL A BUNCH OF ARMENIANS? WHOS SIDE ARE U ON? DUZ THAT SOUND LOGICAL TO U?

i know some sold out soldiers did aweful things to them, they killed them n stuff, after the armenians attacked and killed thousands of women and children while the turkish men were at war...but genocide? genocide...does anyone undrstand what that term implies? just becoz the ottomons had the power to do it, doesnt mean they did.

next time u carelessly say "whats wrong with that" and shed a tear for someone trying to throw dirt on the clean muslim population of turkey...think about it.:offended:

sevgi
01-25-2007, 08:09 AM
This is what a real genocide looks like...

The Indians

An estimated 120 million native Indians were killed in Canada, America and South America.

Small pox was used by the Spanish and British to wipe out millions of Indians to great effect.

In the East Coast of America, 12 million buffalo (the staple food of the Indians) were killed between 1870-1880 alone, in order to speed up the demise of these peoples.

Hundreds of boatloads of condemned European convicts were sent with Smallpox victims throughout the 17th,18th and 19th centuries.

General Custer was promoted for bravery in burning an Indian village of 90,000 dead Indians.

Smallpox and the Plague, according to some archaeologists, was the reason for the rapid demise of the Mian kingdoms in South America.

...and what did the turks do?:offended:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AHMED_GUREY
01-25-2007, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye

The Indians

An estimated 120 million native Indians were killed in Canada, America and South America.

Small pox was used by the Spanish and British to wipe out millions of Indians to great effect.

In the East Coast of America, 12 million buffalo (the staple food of the Indians) were killed between 1870-1880 alone, in order to speed up the demise of these peoples.

Hundreds of boatloads of condemned European convicts were sent with Smallpox victims throughout the 17th,18th and 19th centuries.

General Custer was promoted for bravery in burning an Indian village of 90,000 dead Indians.

Smallpox and the Plague, according to some archaeologists, was the reason for the rapid demise of the Mian kingdoms in South America.

no that's called a..tripple-tripple-tripple-kao ken attack-holocaust

sevgi
01-25-2007, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
no that's called a..tripple-tripple-tripple-kao ken attack-holocaust
jazakallah khayr...a logical man in the house...:D

Malaikah
01-25-2007, 09:22 AM
An estimated 120 million native Indians were killed in Canada, America and South America. [LIST]

That is the most evil thing I have ever heard of. :offended:

AHMED_GUREY
01-25-2007, 09:34 AM
jazakallah khayr...a logical man in the house...:D
..:shade: :D

Lina
01-27-2007, 09:50 PM

The Indians

What did the turks do? They killed millions of Armenians , that's what they did.

Genocide means the mass killing of a group of people.
Over a million Armenians were killed, can you deny this being a genocide?
This to me is a crime, we may differ whether there was a systematic, organized plan to eliminate the Armenians or not.

Also, the history of America does not determine whether the million of deaths is a genocide, you can't compare the two crimes to define the word genocide.
It may have been a greater crime against humanity, it surely does not make the criminals behind the killing of armenians innocent or less guilty because they killed less people. AstagfurliAllah, may Allah subhana wa ta'la protect us from such judgement, it is He ta'la to whom judgement belongs and surely He is Ahkam al Hakimeen.

It was a systematic killing of innocents which is by defenition of the word; a genocide.

Khair Insha'Allah

Allahu A'lam.

Chechen
01-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I personally don't believe in the Armenian genocide...

Keltoi
01-27-2007, 10:44 PM

The Indians

There are so many falsehoods in this paragraph I'm not sure where to begin. Firstly, there were only an estimated 6 million Natives in the New World at the time of Columbus. Sort of hard to kill 120 million....

Secondly, Custer never burned a village of 90,000 Indians. There weren't 90,000 Lakota or Cheyenne on the plains in North America, much less any particular village. The Plains Tribes were hunters and moved around in small villages, only gathering together during the summer months. The only village Custer found with over 20,000 Indians was on the Little Big Horn, and he died. Oh, and buffalo don't live on the east coast, they lived in the plains states, in the middle of the country.

Erundur
01-28-2007, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
There are so many falsehoods in this paragraph I'm not sure where to begin. Firstly, there were only an estimated 6 million Natives in the New World at the time of Columbus. Sort of hard to kill 120 million....

Secondly, Custer never burned a village of 90,000 Indians. There weren't 90,000 Lakota or Cheyenne on the plains in North America, much less any particular village. The Plains Tribes were hunters and moved around in small villages, only gathering together during the summer months. The only village Custer found with over 20,000 Indians was on the Little Big Horn, and he died. Oh, and buffalo don't live on the east coast, they lived in the plains states, in the middle of the country.

:salamext:
there were more than 6 million Native American's and colombus landed on what is now Haiti. Besides when the Spaniards and Brits started to come over to the New World they had no idea that the small pox they carried led to the deaths of the Native Americans, until later anyways. The Sioux were smart enough to ask for vaccinations when offered.

M.I.A.
01-28-2007, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur
there were more than 6 million Native American's and colombus landed on what is now Haiti. Besides when the Spaniards and Brits started to come over to the New World they had no idea that the small pox they carried led to the deaths of the Native Americans, until later anyways. The Sioux were smart enough to ask for vaccinations when offered.

..yeah they were smart enough to ask for blankets, generously provided from the possesions of those who died from small pox, and alcohol was given out also..infected also:thumbs_do

Erundur
01-28-2007, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..yeah they were smart enough to ask for blankets, generously provided from the possesions of those who died from small pox, and alcohol was given out also..infected also:thumbs_do

Majority of those Native Americans were non-combative and the offerings were as if it were a honorable thing, they did not know that it caused disease. Besides many believed that all of these deaths were a sign from their Gods.

sevgi
01-28-2007, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
What did the turks do? They killed millions of Armenians , that's what they did.

Genocide means the mass killing of a group of people.
Over a million Armenians were killed, can you deny this being a genocide?
This to me is a crime, we may differ whether there was a systematic, organized plan to eliminate the Armenians or not.

Also, the history of America does not determine whether the million of deaths is a genocide, you can't compare the two crimes to define the word genocide.
It may have been a greater crime against humanity, it surely does not make the criminals behind the killing of armenians innocent or less guilty because they killed less people. AstagfurliAllah, may Allah subhana wa ta'la protect us from such judgement, it is He ta'la to whom judgement belongs and surely He is Ahkam al Hakimeen.

It was a systematic killing of innocents which is by defenition of the word; a genocide.

Khair Insha'Allah

Allahu A'lam.
did u jst say that
"Genocide means the mass killing of a group of people."

let me give u an eglish lesson...thats a massacre. genocide is to abolish the generation of that specific race. is anyone in this thread normal.?:rolleyes:

Skillganon
01-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Well as far as I am taught by my university lecturer, the early settlers did use the blanket's (smallpox) as a biological weapon. They wiped out many tribes with it. Everybody accepts it. Figure's really do not matter because their is no accurate info on it, although their may be an official estimate.

M.I.A.
01-28-2007, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur

Majority of those Native Americans were non-combative and the offerings were as if it were a honorable thing, they did not know that it caused disease. Besides many believed that all of these deaths were a sign from their Gods.

well i guess death is unnavoidable.. and from god alone.
but the intentions were less than honourable i assure you.
heres the only:rolleyes: documented case

taken from:

http://www.thefurtrapper.com/indian_smallpox.htm

Indian Genocide:

Indian genocide is a controversial subject on the internet and on this site. Genocide and Holocaust are words that are easy to throw around, often to grab a reader's attention, but proving them is something else. What one group calls genocide, another group may call progress. This statement is used in the same context as the saying...one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The argument for Indian genocide is based primarily on letters written by General Jeffery Amherst during the French and Indian War. Letters by General Amherst and Colonel Bouquet mentioning spreading smallpox to Indians does not mean that this was ever carried out. Assumptions derived from letters and oral traditions are not proof of anything.

In a letter (1763) to Colonel Bouquet, Lord Amherst wrote, "Could it not be contrived to send the Small Pox among those disaffected tribes of Indians? We must on this occasion use every stratagem in our power to reduce them".

sorry for the thread re-rail:hiding:

Skillganon
01-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I don't get why people try to deny the usage of the blanket's as a biological weapon. It did happen and they did use it, it is accepted widely in the scientific field. As a student in science I came across this so many time in my study of Disease & Immunology and related subjects. I been brainwashed by my lecturers with it.

Their is no need to justify the act or play it down.

By all due let's get back to do topic about the Turk's and the Armenian and Kurds.

Erundur
01-28-2007, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Well as far as I am taught by my university lecturer, the early settlers did use the blanket's (smallpox) as a biological weapon. They wiped out many tribes with it. Everybody accepts it. Figure's really do not matter because their is no accurate info on it, although their may be an official estimate.

My history professor said it somewhere to be around 90-100 million between the Americas. The population vastly decreased. At one point the conquistadores were using them as game for there dogs.

Lina
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
did u jst say that
"Genocide means the mass killing of a group of people."

let me give u an eglish lesson...thats a massacre. genocide is to abolish the generation of that specific race. is anyone in this thread normal.?:rolleyes:

La tagdab sis,

This is a subject which cannot be backed up with clear evidence.

So, i'll guess i'll leave it as it is, Wa Allahu A'lam.

Khair Insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.