/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you desperate for Mahdi?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 10:29 AM
:salamext:

Well i heard about 4 different versions of seerah of Rasullulah saws and in each one the people were desperate for rasullulah saws to come and they needed him and were ready to accept him.

Therefore i ask, how many of us are desperate for Mahdi and will accept him and swear limitless allegiance to him?

:wasalamex

NOTE: please post any lectures/videos on Mahdi here, i would love to read them inshaAllaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
01-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes definitely. My heart is always waiting for the emergence of Imaam Mahdi. I pray he comes soon.

AQSA
01-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Of course, what muslim wouldnt want him to emerge to take hold of thing and whip this ummah into shape!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 10:42 AM
subhanAllaah, two beautiful replies

JazakAllaahu khairan!!!

may Allaah be pleased with you both!

I want this whole thread flooded with such replies inshaAllaah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
:w:

Only Allah(swt) knows when its going to take place.......Ya Allah..but we pray hope it comes soon inshAllah......

but i pray the ummah is guided to the righteous path inshAllah...it seems as thou its all scattered into pieces...with these pieces merge again?.......

S_87
01-24-2007, 11:10 AM
:sl:

i dont think it should be a case of yes i want him to come soon etc but rather if he comes in my lifetime i pray that i am strong enough in iman to join his army and be amongst the faithful.
that time is going to be a very hard time...

Naheezah
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler

Only Allah(swt) knows when its going to take place.......Ya Allah..but we pray hope it comes soon inshAllah......

but i pray the ummah is guided to the righteous path inshAllah...

Ameen.

and wen sme shia claim dat al sadr is their mahdi lol lol...:rolleyes::happy:
yep i pray too he comes soon iA.:):okay:

FBI
01-24-2007, 11:12 AM

I'm gonna vote No, What I'm desprate for is for the ummah to actually get off it's backside and make attempts to solve it's problems, theirs injustice in the world left and right all evil needs to suceed is for good men and women to do nothing. Mahdi will emarge but only allah knows when that'll be till then we need to fend for your selfs and make an effort.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 11:19 AM
everyone wants the ummah to get fixed up, but can a khalifa be established before Mahdi? honestly can it?

sevgi
01-24-2007, 11:20 AM
im votn no...i think theres still time.besides...i wanna name my son mehdi:D in the future..

im desperate for muslims to stop acting foolishly and giving them what they want. to shut up. sit bak make dua and watch Allah do his part. civilians are not obliged in Islam to stand up and chant...it wont make a difference...jst make muslims look more aggressive...it is the govt part to act, the officials part to say something..and the civil muslims part to despise all that is happening to muslims with their hearts and make dua.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 11:22 AM
look theres tons of great people in this earth, who knows we may even have a salahuddin somewhere out there but the thing is it feels like no one wishes to pledge allegience to anyone. Therefore i DOUBT anyone would EVER pledge allegiance to ANYONE till the time of Mahdi...

FBI
01-24-2007, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
everyone wants the ummah to get fixed up, but can a khalifa be established before Mahdi? honestly can it?
Not sure about that one, but aslong as we have the sharia in our hearts then we'll have victory.

sevgi
01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
i think its out of the question to be able to estab khalifah before mahdi...muslims are like the biggest macrochosm with millions of microchosms...

no way. hate to say this but we cant even follow our prophet properly...some say this, some say that, some say hes no prophet, some say someone else shud be prophet...

how are we supposed to follow khalifah. u need like contextually revised shariah or something...thats probably the closest we'll ever get.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
Not sure about that one, but aslong as we have the sharia in our hearts then we'll have victory.
i dont agree, its good to have it in our hearts but when we cant implement it we cant expect the ummah to improve.

I hope im making sence inshaAllaah

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
i think its out of the question to be able to estab khalifah before mahdi...muslims are like the biggest macrochosm with millions of microchosms...

no way. hate to say this but we cant even follow our prophet properly...some say this, some say that, some say hes no prophet, some say someone else shud be prophet...

how are we supposed to follow khalifah. u need like contextually revised shariah or something...thats probably the closest we'll ever get.
jazakAllaah, this is exactly why im desperate for a khalifa (MAHDI)

FBI
01-24-2007, 11:35 AM
i dont agree, its good to have it in our hearts but when we cant implement it we cant expect the ummah to improve.

I hope im making sence inshaAllaah

If you have the love of the shaira in your heart then you'll abide by it's rules wheather there's a khalifa or not.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM

If you have the love of the shaira in your heart then you'll abide by it's rules wheather there's a khalifa or not.
your missing the point, justice wont prevail, and fitnah will be rampant.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

i dont think it should be a case of yes i want him to come soon etc but rather if he comes in my lifetime i pray that i am strong enough in iman to join his army and be amongst the faithful.

Sa7, same here. If I so happen to be alive at the time of his arrival, I pray Allah amkes me of the few that make bay'ah to him. It's going to be a sad and pitiful time for those who don't truly believe.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 11:48 AM
ok i ask each and every one of you.

If Mahdi comes now or never will it make a difference to your submission or imaan? I mean either way Allaahs will shall prevail and your imaan will be as it will be, what im trying to get at is that:

If mahdi doesnt come then you will keep living the way you are possibly striving or not and no-one will know if you truelly believe or not but in yawmal qiyaamah you will come to know

if mahdi COMES then people will KNOW if you truelly believe or not and in yawmal qiyaamah result will be same.

so in both instances result will be same in yawmal qiyaamah (THIS IS WAT IS TRUELLY IMPORTANT) but i want mahdi because I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I STAND!!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-24-2007, 11:57 AM
ok i ask each and every one of you.

If Mahdi comes now or never will it make a difference to your submission or imaan? I mean either way Allaahs will shall prevail and your imaan will be as it will be, what im trying to get at is that:

If mahdi doesnt come then you will keep living the way you are possibly striving or not and no-one will know if you truelly believe or not but in yawmal qiyaamah you will come to know

if mahdi COMES then people will KNOW if you truelly believe or not and in yawmal qiyaamah result will be same.

so in both instances result will be same in yawmal qiyaamah (THIS IS WAT IS TRUELLY IMPORTANT) but i want mahdi because I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I STAND!!!

That's true. But if we aren't in his time, then perhaps Allah is not testing us with that because it is a test beyond our level. Some people say 'Oh I wish I lived at the time of the Prophet (SAW)!'. But the truth is, if we lived at that time we may have died as mushrikeen. Now our parents are Muslim, are siblings are Muslims.... but the sahaba had to fight their families so that La ilaaha ilAllah could prevail.

Say alhamdulillah with whatever you have.

FBI
01-24-2007, 11:58 AM

but i want mahdi because I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I STAND!!!
But isn't this similar to the people who told one of the sahaba how they would've treated the prophet and he replied "You wouldn't have known what u would've done" lets not forget before the mahdi arrives theres gonna be some much fitnah a man will go to sleep a believer a wake up a kafir, also not every muslim will get to go with imam mahdi I once heard it'll only be a few thousand.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
jazakAllah khair to all your replies, and with everyone a beautiful reasoning.
mashaAllaah

i still desire to see the mahdi inshaAllaah, but your right that whatever Allaah has decreed for me is best for me inshaAllaah.

i just wanted to know how many of us are longing for the mahdi as the sahabi's longed for rasullulah saws. thats all :)

Umar001
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
You know what, if Mahdi came, I'd try my best to get married asap, and have as many kids as possible and insha'Allah have him and Eesa, peace be upon him, marry some of my kids.

Those two people are the main reasons I want kids.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 12:03 PM
lol subhanAllaah, beautiful intentions :D

FBI
01-24-2007, 12:04 PM

we should also remember with the mahdi's comming there will also be the dijaal how many muslim will he fool.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 12:07 PM

we should also remember with the mahdi's comming there will also be the dijaal how many muslim will he fool.
yeah thats scary subhanAllaah, but at the same time i feel as though if i conquer that time then i can have more hope to be next to rasullulah saws in yawmal qiyaamah....

Umar001
01-24-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah thats scary subhanAllaah, but at the same time i feel as though if i conquer that time then i can have more hope to be next to rasullulah saws in yawmal qiyaamah....

Plus imagine seeing a walking miracle, I mean, yes we have the Qu'ran, but imagine having the Qu'ran, and then having a biological impossability that is known as Eesa, peace be upon him, born without a father, just a mother, subhanAllah, imagine walking next to him, praying nexto him.

man am gettin goosebumps

Helena
01-24-2007, 12:11 PM
erm i think people before us. after us or in the future will experience the same thing as we are now...the time of jahiliyas...it has happened before...people were in desperate need of the hour......But only Allah(swt) knows it....have sabr.......inshAllah...

and try to fix problems that we are faced today, dnt just leave it behind...and wait...but actually try to resolve the situation.....inshAllah...

the scattered ummah...have divided themselves into diff parts....ya Allah....

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2007, 12:14 PM
ye Al-Hab!!! subhanAllaah! imagine! :) ! imagine having such a person pray your janaazah!!!!!!!

S_87
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM

!

i understand what you are trying to say but what if where you stand is not what you expected?
actually a realised a few weeks ago this ummah needs major reforms before we suceed. and we are no where near that at all. :( :( :(

on the other side though, we see many signs of qiyamah becoming more obvious, Allah knows best. but may Allah make us strong enough if we are here in the time of Dajjal, Imam mahdi, Isa alayhissalam, yajuj and majuj.
may Allah save us from the fitnah of Dajjal.

AQSA
01-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Come to think of it, we can long to meet and follow al mahdi all we want but at the end of day only Allah AZ WJL knows when he will send him.

So in the meantime we should be foucusing on pulling ourselves together- individually and as one nation, Standing up and fighting the injustices comming from not only the kufar but from our fellow muslims amongst us who
do wrong and transgress.

This ummah really needs to get its act togther and that can only be achieved if we as individuals play our our part in holding tight onto the book of allah and the beautiful guidence of our messenger (pbuh).

We have shamed ourselves by allowing crimes against humanity and our brother and sisters to happen like the lights of guananimo, iraq and somalia.

ppl, we need to get a move on and unite in the name of Allah and al-islam, we need to do this in preparation for al-mahdi.

Naheezah
01-24-2007, 02:30 PM
:sl: jst a bit of txt 4 those who are a bit lost abt who is da 'mahdi' we r discussing here ...:happy:

It is narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth that at the end of time, Allah will send a khaleefah who will be wise and just, and will control the affairs of the ummah. He will be one of the family of the Messenger (saw), descending from Faatimah. His name will be the same as the Messenger , and his father's name will be the same as the name of the father of the Messenger . The ahaadeeth describe him as having a wide forehead and a hooked nose. He will fill the earth with justice after it has been filled with injustice and oppression.
Among the ahaadeeth that have been narrated concerning that are : It is narrated that `Abdullah ibn Mas`ood reported: "The Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

`This world will not pass away until the Arabs are ruled by a man from among my family, whose name will be the same as mine." (Tirmidhi and Abu Dawood)

According to a report narrated by Abu Dawood, he said, "Even if there were only one day left for this world, Allah would extend that day last, until Allah sent a man from me - or from among my family -whose name will be like my name and whose father's name will be like my father's name. He will fill the earth with justice just as it had been filled with injustice and oppression."'

:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-24-2007, 05:11 PM

The Mahdi will come, but are we ready for him? Look at the Muslim Ummah, split up, wala and bara over the smallest issues of fiqh! There are muslims that are illiterrate, what are we going to do with them? We need to educate them first.

Shaykh Al Albani said:
We know that our Islam today is not like it was when Allah revealed "today I have completed your religion", many things have indeed been added to Islam, do you not agree?
So we need the basics, to educate the muslims about Aqidah, get them upon the Sunnah, and to change the mentality of people because it is a fact that there are places in this world a person from one madhab will fight with another madhab because of a simple Fiqhi difference. We need Tarbiyyah among the youth, understanding between the old, and patience and a solid foundation for the coming generation so they wont repeat our mistakes and mistakes of the generations of our parents.

The leaders of each sect should come out and do as Shaykh Uthaymeen advised:
It is obligatory for the leaders of these sects to get together and say, “Between us is the book of Allah, and the Sunnah of His messenger, so lets us judge by them and not according to desires, opinions and not according to personalities. Everyone makes mistakes and achieves correctness no matter what he has reached with regards to knowledge and worship. Infallibility is [only] in the religion of Islam."
As Imam Malik said,
“Nothing will rectify the latter part of this Ummah except that which rectified the first part of it.”
Before we wait for one man to come and recitfy this Ummah, ask ourselves, are we even worthy of his coming? Where is the Ummah's bond with the Qur'an? Where is the love for the Sunnah?
“And the Messenger will say: “O my Lord! Verily, my people deserted this Qur’aan.” [Al-Furqaan: 30]
The Mahdi will come when Allaah wills him too, and Islam will be victorious, and that is a promise from Allah and it will certainly happen. But, it can be today, and it can be a thousand years from now, the knowledge thereof is only with Allah. Before we await him, lets ask ourselves, is the Ummah even ready for him to come?

Skillganon
01-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Assalamu alaikum brothers and Sisters,

Here is a good book for those who have the waiting for the Mahdi mentality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

------

AWAITING THE MAHDÎ: COVENANT OR CREED?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend had written to me a while back asking about the Mahdî and my assessment of what is presently being circulated on the Internet regarding his appearance, the signs foretelling his arrival, and the dreams that people have about him. He also urged me to deal with the particulars of this topic. I responded to this brother that what is being circulated about the Mahdî is baseless and has no bearing on reality whatsoever. These reports amount to nothing more than rumors and wishful thinking on the part of those who have fallen into despair.

[Excerpt from the book]

>>>>> [Download] <<<<<

Inshallah that will be helpful and beneficial to you.

SATalha
01-24-2007, 05:50 PM
The thought of Imam Mahdi is always in my head. When will he come? Is he born yet? Where will he come from?. Its the one thing that keeps me going and ensure me that i must work in my community. If not in my generation maybe the next, so thats why its important that I work for a community that will be ready for him.

Skillganon
01-24-2007, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
The thought of Imam Mahdi is always in my head. When will he come? Is he born yet? Where will he come from?. Its the one thing that keeps me going and ensure me that i must work in my community. If not in my generation maybe the next, so thats why its important that I work for a community that will be ready for him.
My opinion is that what should keep us going is that sure knowledge that you will return to Allah(s.w.t). That is the only think that should be a major concern and we should use that to strive for Islam. We should not wait for him or hurry for him but do what we are ordered to do by Allah(s.w.t). When he comes he comes, the hour is not known to us.

Anyway the above book is quite a good book to read.

SATalha
01-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah you are right. Its just I want to see the day Islam triamphs in the world. I know that will happen when Imam Mahdi comes. But your right we should focus on our deeds that will determine our path in the Hearafter. Thanks

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Omg I would love the Mahdi to come soon. See the glory of Islam prevail once again, Allahu Akbar! I want to fight till the end of my life for Islam, for Allah, Isha'Allah! :D But we don't know when it will happen, so we should be preparing ourselves for the end, regardless. May Allah guide us all, Ameen.

Skillganon
01-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah you are right. Its just I want to see the day Islam triamphs in the world. I know that will happen when Imam Mahdi comes. But your right we should focus on our deeds that will determine our path in the Hearafter. Thanks
I think one missed the point, Yes we should concentrate on our deed, but we should strive in the way of Islam, to increase the knowledge of Islam have Islamic orientated Schools, try to apply Islamic Law on all level e.t.c

not wait for Mahdi to do it all . Let's strive for it against all odds and inshallah we will have some success.

BE OPTIMISTIC

BlissfullyJaded
01-24-2007, 09:47 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by amani

Ditto.

I think this topic is dwelled on more than it should be at times. We should await Imaam Mahdi, but realize that we need to focus on our imaan right now. If he were appear right now in Makkah (which I know is not possible, because he will appear during Hajj), and Dajjal were to appear shortly after, are we strong enough to give allegience to Imaam Mahdi and resist the fitnah of Dajjal?

Everything won't just fit into place when he comes without us having prepared ourselves for such a time.

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani
We need Tarbiyyah among the youth, understanding between the old, and patience and a solid foundation for the coming generation so they wont repeat our mistakes and mistakes of the generations of our parents.
Well said. Jazakallah khair bro Al Madani.

Skywalker
01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
We need unity before anybody would even accept Imam Mahdi, maybe not even prophet Eisa (pbuh).

We need, as said before, a contextual re-interpretation of the Qur'an, the stability of the Shariah, and unity among Muslims.

Snowflake
01-25-2007, 01:02 AM
I agree that we should always strive for our imaan. But many people assume that as along as their own imaan is intact and their goal is jannah then everything is alright in the world. That's not so, as our imaan isn't helping to free brothers and sisters from the clutches of evil oppressors. That will only happen when Mahdi comes. Us, sitting here safe and sound might not desire Mahdi's urgent emergence. But for our brothers and sisters, it's probably the only hope they have. :(

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
^ jazakAllaah khair, i have the EXACT same view, our imaan being strong is good but just how strong can we make it and keep it and just how far can our imaan take us without an established islamic state?

SATalha
01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I think one missed the point, Yes we should concentrate on our deed, but we should strive in the way of Islam, to increase the knowledge of Islam have Islamic orientated Schools, try to apply Islamic Law on all level e.t.c

not wait for Mahdi to do it all . Let's strive for it against all odds and inshallah we will have some success.

BE OPTIMISTIC
When i talk about deeds i mean all of the things that you have mentioned. Everything that we do is an act of worship and a form of collecting good deeds. So when we seek knowledge, establish Islamic schools or try to establish shariah this is all a form of worship and collecting good deeds. Thats what i meant. But i take your point we should strive against all the odds, with or without Imam Mahdi

Skillganon
01-25-2007, 01:37 PM
When i talk about deeds i mean all of the things that you have mentioned. Everything that we do is an act of worship and a form of collecting good deeds. So when we seek knowledge, establish Islamic schools or try to establish shariah this is all a form of worship and collecting good deeds. Thats what i meant. But i take your point we should strive against all the odds, with or without Imam Mahdi
Exactly when he comes he comes.

Muslim Knight
01-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't mean to promote Harun Yahya's websites, but surfing around I found something interesting about the return of Nabi Isa and the emergence of Imam Mahdi. Here are some excerpts;

[PIE] As Bediuzzaman stated: "one thousand four hundred years later to be close to their century" is the beginning of the fifteenth century, that is, the years 1979-1980 (of the Gregorian calendar).
In his address to 10,000 people in a mosque in Damascus (Hijri 1327), Bediuzzaman explained the future of the Islamic world after Hijri 1371. In this address, he gave some dates about the End Times and called attention to the Mahdi's struggle. Bediuzzaman gives the following dates regarding Mahdi's taking up his task and defeating the disbelieving mentality ideologically:
The facts revealed in the address of Damascus that glance at the destiny of the Islamic world after the Hijri 1371... may be not now but 30-40 years later, in order to fully equip science and, knowledge acquired through arts, science and skills, the goodness of civilization and those three forces, and to overcome the nine obstacles, he sent inclination for investigating the truth, moderation and love for human beings to the fronts of those nine foes. By God's Will, he will demolish them after half a century. ("The Damascus Sermon," p. 25)
In this speech, Bediuzzaman draws attention to developments that will take place after Hijri 1371, and informs us that the Mahdi will launch his efforts 30-40 years after this date. This date is the period between Hijri 1401-11 (Gregorian calendar: 1980-90).
In the latter part of his speech, Bediuzzaman said that the Mahdi will silence the ideology of disbelief via the benefits of science and civilization. The date of this ideological superiority will be half a century later: Hijri 1421. (Gregorian calendar: 2001)
"Maybe not now (1371), but 30-40 years later..."
By God's Will, he will demolish them after half a century.
1371 + 50 = 1421 (Gregorian calendar: 2001)
Bediuzzaman calls attention to Hijri 1400 as the beginning of Mahdi's ideological struggle against disbelieving philosophies. He further points out that between the years 1401-11 (1981-91), he will unite the benefits of science, skills, and the goodness of civilization to be used in his struggle, and discloses Hijri 1421 (Gregorian calendar: 2001) as the date when the Mahdi will ideologically destroy the disbelieving philosophies.
Another of his explanations related to the End Times is as follows:
"In [13]71, the Sun began to rise or will rise. Even if this is only the initial redness in the horizon, in 30-40 years the second enlightenment will appear." ("The Damascus Sermon," p. 23)
1371 + 30 = 1401 = 1981
1371 + 40 = 1411 = 1991

Bediuzzaman likens the rise of the Sun to the prevalence of Islam's moral values in the world. Just as the Sun rises again after it sets, he indicates that Islam's moral values also will rise and shine again. The expressions of "initial redness" and "second enlightenment" indicate the beginning years of this time.
Accordingly, he points to 1981-91 as the time when the Mahdi begins to disperse atheism and materialist philosophy, as well as the unjust ideologies that oppose the true religion. He also calls attention to 2001 as the year when these ideologies will be totally silenced and dispersed. (God knows best.)

SOURCE http://www.jesuswillreturn.com/s1_6d.html

[/PIE]

Personally, I'd like to think that Imam Mahdi has been born and is among us. There are mentions in the authentic hadiths about his characteristics, including the similarity of his name and Rasulullah's (i.e. Muhammad bin Abdullah), his physical appearance, his reluctance to be known as the Mahdi (as opposed to actually wanting to be known as the Mahdi) etc.

Who knows? He might be the same age as I am (25 maybe?) waiting to emerge when the time is right. Whoever or wherever he maybe, it could be he is working somewhere to establish a strong Muslim foundation or base of operations from which he will launch his campaign. After all, he is the destined Hakimun 'Adl (a Just Ruler). All the while he could be doing things that will benefit the ummah WITHOUT knowing that he IS the Mahdi.

I will be so happy and honored to become one of his agents in his mission to establish the reign of peace and justice, when the time comes.

Maimunah
01-25-2007, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight

Personally, I'd like to think that Imam Mahdi has been born and is among us. There are mentions in the authentic hadiths about his characteristics, including the similarity of his name and Rasulullah's (i.e. Muhammad bin Abdullah), his physical appearance, his reluctance to be known as the Mahdi (as opposed to actually wanting to be known as the Mahdi) etc.

Who knows? He might be the same age as I am (25 maybe?) waiting to emerge when the time is right. Whoever or wherever he maybe, it could be he is working somewhere to establish a strong Muslim foundation or base of operations from which he will launch his campaign. After all, he is the destined Hakimun 'Adl (a Just Ruler). All the while he could be doing things that will benefit the ummah WITHOUT knowing that he IS the Mahdi.

I will be so happy and honored to become one of his agents in his mission to establish the reign of peace and justice, when the time comes.
mashaAllah, may Allah make u among his companions:)
may Allah guide us all to the right path:cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 02:02 PM
i also like to think that muslim knight :)

Maimunah
01-25-2007, 02:15 PM
i also like to think that muslim knight :)
who is he?

wasalaam

Muslim Knight
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
who is he?

Who is the Mahdi now? Personally I don't know. I guess from the hadiths we can ascertain his characteristics which the Prophet mentioned (i.e. from physical appearance, his name will be like Prophet's name)

Just watch out for a person who helps a lot in the cause of Islam and the plight of ummah, has the name Muhammad bin Abdullah, is an Arab of the Prophet's lineage, is reluctant to proclaim himself Mahdi, and so on.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
who is he?

wasalaam
Sorry sister i didnt understand what your asking :?

Skywalker
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM
who is he?
Very good question...!

SATalha
01-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Thats it I am starting my Kung-fu today....jokes. Brothers and Sisters these post's bring smiles to my face, lets carry on with our contribution to Islam and work within our communities to better ourselves and others. Allah-hu-akbar

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-25-2007, 05:15 PM

The Mahdi will come, but are we ready for him? Look at the Muslim Ummah, split up, wala and bara over the smallest issues of fiqh! There are muslims that are illiterrate, what are we going to do with them? We need to educate them first.

Shaykh Al Albani said:
We know that our Islam today is not like it was when Allah revealed "today I have completed your religion", many things have indeed been added to Islam, do you not agree?
So we need the basics, to educate the muslims about Aqidah, get them upon the Sunnah, and to change the mentality of people because it is a fact that there are places in this world a person from one madhab will fight with another madhab because of a simple Fiqhi difference. We need Tarbiyyah among the youth, understanding between the old, and patience and a solid foundation for the coming generation so they wont repeat our mistakes and mistakes of the generations of our parents.

The leaders of each sect should come out and do as Shaykh Uthaymeen advised:
It is obligatory for the leaders of these sects to get together and say, “Between us is the book of Allah, and the Sunnah of His messenger, so lets us judge by them and not according to desires, opinions and not according to personalities. Everyone makes mistakes and achieves correctness no matter what he has reached with regards to knowledge and worship. Infallibility is [only] in the religion of Islam."
As Imam Malik said,
“Nothing will rectify the latter part of this Ummah except that which rectified the first part of it.”
Before we wait for one man to come and recitfy this Ummah, ask ourselves, are we even worthy of his coming? Where is the Ummah's bond with the Qur'an? Where is the love for the Sunnah?
“And the Messenger will say: “O my Lord! Verily, my people deserted this Qur’aan.” [Al-Furqaan: 30]
The Mahdi will come when Allaah wills him too, and Islam will be victorious, and that is a promise from Allah and it will certainly happen. But, it can be today, and it can be a thousand years from now, the knowledge thereof is only with Allah. Before we await him, lets ask ourselves, is the Ummah even ready for him to come?

:wasalamex

SubhanAllah!:cry: JazakAllah khayr akhee, you put it across so well!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-25-2007, 09:43 PM
MashAllah, i agree. nicely said.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-26-2007, 02:26 AM

Quite an interesting discussion on one of the Ahadith used as a reference to the Mahdi:

http://www.islamicboard.com/637172-post11.html

IbnAbdulHakim
01-26-2007, 09:30 AM

Quite an interesting discussion on one of the Ahadith used as a reference to the Mahdi:

http://www.islamicboard.com/637172-post11.html
bro does that mean that the earth will not swallow up the army which goes to attack mahdi or perhaps an army wont even march to attack mahdi? Also wont the Mahdi be sworn allegiance in the corner next to the black stone?

im confused...

Salah-Ad-Din
02-15-2007, 04:44 AM
look theres tons of great people in this earth, who knows we may even have a salahuddin somewhere out there but the thing is it feels like no one wishes to pledge allegience to anyone. Therefore i DOUBT anyone would EVER pledge allegiance to ANYONE till the time of Mahdi...
Salaam....I am indeed present and watching...unification, comprehension and determination is the key...the truth will slap the unfaithful in their face cold-bloodedly in a destined future.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-15-2007, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salah-Ad-Din
Salaam....I am indeed present and watching...unification, comprehension and determination is the key...the truth will slap the unfaithful in their face cold-bloodedly in a destined future.
;D :salamext:

inshaAllah bro lol, :p mashaAllah beautiful name :)

AvarAllahNoor
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
You say Jesus will return as a msulim, will that mean all Christians will conver to Islam? He is also prophecised in hindu scriptures, Buddhists and Sikh.

Does that mean we will all my muslims? :-s

Siraaj
03-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Being desperate for The Mahdi to arrive, is like being desperate for The Doomsday to arrive.....as the appearance of The Mahdi is among the signs of THE HOUR.

Siraaj
03-02-2007, 05:28 PM
50 Signs of the Day of Judgment From the Words of Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam)

Dr. Suhaib Hasan

From a lecture at Cambridge University
Islamic Society, Shawwal 1420 / January 2000.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Signs are listed in roughly chronological order, although the order is not necessarily precise, especially for those in the future.

This is a brief summary of the signs; there are many books, articles, cassettes etc. which discuss these in greater detail. May Allah enable us to recognise and heed the Signs, and strengthen us in the times of tribulation.

"Are they waiting for anything except the Hour, to come to them suddenly? But its Signs have already come!" (Al-Qur’an, Surah Muhammad)

Past

1. Splitting of the Moon.

2. Death of the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.

3. A form of death which will kill thousands of Muslims. (Understood to refer to the plague of Amwas during the
caliphate of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab.)

4. A major fighting in Madinah (understood to refer to the battle of al-Harrah during the caliphate of Yazid, 63 AH).

5. The Muslim conquest of Jerusalem.

6. The Muslim conquest of Constantinople.

7. Two large groups of Muslims will fight in war.

8. A war between the Muslims and a reddish people with small eyes, wearing sandals made of hair (understood to refer to
the Mongol Tatar invasion of the Islamic lands.)

9. A peace agreement between the Muslims and non-Muslims from the yellow race (Chinese, Mongols, etc.)

10. Thirty impostors (dajjal) will appear, each thinking he is a prophet.

Present?

11. Naked, destitute, barefoot shepherds will compete in building tall buildings.

12. The slave-woman will give birth to her master or mistress.

13. A trial (fitnah) which will enter every Arab household.

14. Knowledge will be taken away (by the death of people of knowledge), and ignorance will prevail.

15. Wine (intoxicants, alcohol) will be drunk in great quantities.

16. Illegal sexual intercourse will become widespread.

17. Earthquakes will increase.

18. Time will pass more quickly.

19. Tribulations (fitan) will prevail.

20. Bloodshed will increase.

21. A man will pass by the grave of another and wish he was in the latter’s place.

22. Trustworthiness will be lost, i.e. when authority is given to those who do not deserve it.

23. People will gather for prayer, but will be unable to find an imam to lead them.

Future

24. The number of men will decrease, whilst the number of women will increase, until for every man there are 50 women.

25. The Euphrates will reveal a treasure of gold, and many will die fighting over it, each one hoping to be the one who gains
the treasure.

26. The Romans (Europeans) will come to a place called A’maq or Wabiq, and an army of the best people will go forth from Madinah to face them.

27. The Muslim conquest of Rome.

28. The Mahdi (guided one) will appear, and be the Imam of the Muslims.

29. Jesus Christ will descend in Damascus, and pray behind the Mahdi.

30. Jesus will break the cross and kill the swine, i.e. destroy the false christianity.

31. The Antichrist (al-masih al-dajjal, the false christ) will appear, with all his tools of deception, and be an immense trial. He will be followed by 70,000 Jews from Isfahan (present-day Iran).

32. The appearance of Ya’juj and Ma’juj (Gog and Magog), and the associated tribulations.

33. The emergence of the Beast from the Earth, carrying the Staff of Moses and the Seal of Solomon, who will speak to the people, telling them they did not believe with certainty in the Divine Signs.

34. A major war between the Muslims (including Jews and Christians who truly believe in Jesus after his return) led by the Imam Mahdi, and the Jews plus other non-Muslims led by the Antichrist.

35. Jesus will kill the Antichrist at the gate of Ludd (Lod in present-day Israel, site of an airport and a major Israeli military base).

36. A time of great peace and serenity during and after the remaining lifetime of Jesus.

37. Wealth will come so abundant that it will become difficult to find someone to accept charity.

38. Arabia will become a land of gardens and rivers.

39. Society will then decay.

40. The buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daws will again sway in circumambulation (tawaf) around the idol Dhul-Khulsah.

41. A great fire in the Hijaz, seen by the inhabitants of Busra.

42. Three major armies will sink into the earth: one in the east, one in the west, one in Arabia.

43. An Abyssinian leader with thin shins will destroy the Ka’bah.

44. The huge cloud of smoke.

45. The sun will rise from the west (its place of setting).

46. A gentle wind which will take the souls of the believers.

47. There is no-one left on the earth saying, "Allah, Allah" or "There is no god except Allah."

48. Eventually the Day of Judgment is established upon the worst of the people, who copulate like donkeys in public.

49. The blowing in the Trumpet by the Angel Israfil, upon which everyone will faint except as Allah wills.

50. The second blowing in the Trumpet, upon which everyone will be resurrected.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
You say Jesus will return as a msulim, will that mean all Christians will conver to Islam? He is also prophecised in hindu scriptures, Buddhists and Sikh.

Does that mean we will all my muslims? :-s

Jesus was a Muslim to start with, he worshipped none but Allaah associating nothing with Him and never did he say anything except 'I am the Servant of Allaah'. He never called to what it is claimed that he called to today by the Christians.

north_malaysian
03-03-2007, 02:03 AM
I refuse to vote, because Muslims should pray to God, not waiting for Al Mahdi.... yes we are desperate because Muslims are not united... but it doesnt mean that we should forget Allah and waiting for Al Mahdi. Al Mahdi is just a human being...

Talha777
03-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

We are without a doubt approaching the end times and we can expect Allah Tala to send Imam Mahdi (alaihi salam) very soon! These are exciting times we are living in. I encourage all the Muslims to pray fervently to Allah Subhana Wa Tala to hasten the appearance of Imam Mahdi. When he comes, our beloved Nabi Muhammad Mustafa (salallahu alaihi wa salam) instructed us that even if we have to crawl on our hands and knees, we need to do so to make our way to Imam Mahdi and give him baith (oath of allegience).

Muslim Knight
03-03-2007, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I refuse to vote, because Muslims should pray to God, not waiting for Al Mahdi.... yes we are desperate because Muslims are not united... but it doesnt mean that we should forget Allah and waiting for Al Mahdi. Al Mahdi is just a human being...
Voting a person isn't praying to that person, bro. But I take your point. We should continue to pray to Allah for assistance like any Muslim should, that He, in His Ultimate Wisdom, will lift up our problems in the best possible way according to His own Will.

I remember reading Bediuzzaman Said Nursi's analysis of the hadith referring to the emergence of Al-Mahdi & Nabi Isa. If I remember correctly, these two won't appear until people have almost given up hope, up to the point where people will ask, "Is there a Mahdi?" or "Perhaps there is no Mahdi."

Perhaps the calamity that this ummah is facing hasn't reach the boiling point yet. Everyday I read the newspaper about horrifying things that befall humanity, and I wonder how much worse can it be at the exact the time of Mahdi's emergence.

I quiver into jello just by thinking about that.:offended:

Muslim Knight
03-03-2007, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Not necessarily all Christians will convert into Islam. Those who sincerely believe in Jesus, believe in his real message of the Oneness of God, believe in what he will say after his second appearance, will follow him into Islam.

There will be others who will be stubborn to believe him as God, even when shown proof that he is not, as they are now when shown proofs from their own Bibles.

The Ruler
03-03-2007, 12:34 PM

islam isnt healthy, life isnt okay, but i dont want him to imerge...because that would mean the Day of Judgement being closer...i want to do something for islam...and i want to do it even if it takes generations.

Maimunah
03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
mashaAlalh sis rooh.

inshaAllah one day he will appear and the day of judgment is approaching whether we like it or not.

wasalaamu aleykum wr br

Muezzin
03-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I can't believe some are actually looking forward to Judgment Day.

AvarAllahNoor
03-03-2007, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why, do you think it's morbid? I don't. Look around you, the world is in turmoil. People hate each other and kill maim, rape, loot. etc etc! - It will only get worse (as we say Kaljug - Age of Darkness) we reside in and if you've been told there is hope why not look forward to it!

Gur Fateh!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-03-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
bro its not so much judgement day, its more looking forward to meeting Allah and rasul saws and all the pious people inshaAllah, of course its scary thinking what if we dont make it but we must hold onto the hope!!

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-06-2008, 09:56 AM
SubhanAllaah...

The coming of the mehdi, the time of victory, the time of fitnah...whose knows what our emaan will be like...I am one of those who desires to be with the mehdi, but then when i think of all the things that will happen at that time, it still inspires me more to be with the mehdi...for the sake of Allaah...may Allaah protect us from the fitnah of that time...

SubhanAllaah...i hear stories that they are shaykh who visit the haramain often on pilgrimage, many scholars flock there, in the hope that that year the mehdi will appear...

It is a beatiful thought, but at the same time a scary one...you have to think, if the mahdi was to come, are you prepared for it?

WaSalaam...

SomeHowpossible
02-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Many signs has to appear and things to happen before IMAM's arrival. these all sighs are indications that time difficult to live on this earth(as prophet saw had told us).
we should ask for Allah's help at this difficult time. along with IMAM's arrival there is also One known as DAJJAL. Oh Allah Save us from ZALAMOON.

___
sss

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.