/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tasfiyah But No Tarbiyah

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Tasfiyah But No Tarbiyah

Shaykh Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee

Reference: Silsilat Al Hudaa wan Noor

There are refutations in circulation these days against students of knowledge and scholars, we notice that people accuse other's intentions in these refutations, what is your response or explanation?

That they fear Allaah, what else can I say, they should fear Allaah concerning their Muslim brothers, and purify their hearts and intentions and not envy one another:

"Do not envy or hate one another, and be as brothers O servants of Allaah"

As Allaah ordered you. I have always said and repeated that the problem with the Muslim world today, is there distance from two essential principals. One of them, yes they implement, as for the other, not at all. You must have heard in some of my tapes or sermons, that rectification begins with Tasfiyah and Tarbiyah, I'm sure you heard this. As far as Tasfiyah, then it is present to a certain degree, but Tarbiyah is absent from the Muslim world, this is a problem.

You find that students of knowledge, who are supposed to behave with the best and most of complete form of mannerisms, you find that they only gained a portion of knowledge which ended up being evidence against them as opposed to support for them. So what is the solution. It has no solution except Allaah Tabaaraka wa Ta'aalah!

Whoever from amongst the people of knowledge who are eager on traversing upon these two principals; Tasfiyah and Tarbiyah, must try and raise those around them upon these two principals from their preliminary/young stages, so that when they develop they would have been raised with correct knowledge as well as correct manners.

As for adults who returned to the obligation of Tasfiyah and gained a great portion of it, it is extremely rare to find that they cleansed themselves from bad mannerisms. Jealousy, envy, and from Allaah we seek refuge, are clear and apparent these days, even by some of the exceptional, to the point that I sometimes find myself compelled to say with the apparent saying of Allaah, and when I say 'apparent' here I mean it:

{O you who believe! Take care of your own selves. Those who are astray cannot harm you if you follow guidance.} [Aal Imraan: 105]

I said 'apparent' because there is no order to promote good and forbid evil in the Ayah, but I'm sure you are aware of the Hadeeth of Abu Bakr as Sideeq where he rebuked some people for interpreting this Ayah in a manner that is contradictory to it's correct meaning, and he cited the Hadeeth which orders Muslims to promote good and forbid evil.

Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.