/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do u spend ur day in the path of Allah(swt), ever stop and reflect ur day?

Helena
01-25-2007, 11:56 AM
:w:

since yesterday i was thinking about this.........u are my chosen participant......this thread better be flooded with answers inshAllah....

just think.....stop...relax.....think for a minute.....

how do you spend ur day in the path of Allah(swt).......in a day.....24 hours....how long do u sleep?.....how much time do u spend on each prayer?...do u engage urself by reading the Quran after each prayer?....or listen to quranic recitation or nasheeds...or even reading Islamic book..that benefits you inshAllah...increasing ur knowledge further......

Or even give a smile to others as it is a form of charity....

have u spoken to someone with respect/politeness....helped an elderly.....

or even helped ur mum or any family members...or did u raise ur voice without realizing?.....or annoyed ur lil brothers and sister....or even sat with them just to read a book/help them with something...

or spent ur day watching the television for news or others?....

or playing the latest console?......or browsing on the internet...

are we balancing our duties to Allah(swt) and for this world....are we?...

so think each night when ur off to sleep....how have u spent ur day for Allah(swt).......how many minutes/sec/...could be even more than that......

Are u pleased of yourself?.....is it enought? or more could be done?

This time, moment we have will fly away from us...we wont get this time back....soo think....and spend ur time wisely as we do not want to regret.....

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 12:00 PM
i reckon most people will be scared to reply coz thats givin away good deeds but one thing i can say for sure is:

WE DONT SPEND ENOUGH TIME FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH EACH AND EVERYDAY

Helena
01-25-2007, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i reckon most people will be scared to reply coz thats givin away good deeds but one thing i can say for sure is:

okay no problemo...just want to remind everyone....

shukran for the quote......

SUMMAYAH
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
With great sorrow and regret I have to agree.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
jazakAllaah Khair

shigatse
01-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Easy Good Deeds

:arabic6:
Taking the Revolution into Everyday

1. Think of Allah before you take any action. Make duah before everything- sleeping, eating, studying, driving...
2. Read the Qur'an in Arabic and the meaning every day- take the time out of your busy schedule to listen to Allah.
3. Become a serious student of this Deen. Try to make it to the next Islamic class, halaqah or meeting. Shock your friends, bring a notebook.
4. Evaluate yourself daily before going bed. Thank Allah for good deeds, repent to Him for your mistakes and sins.
5. Avoid looking at unlawful pictures, whether they be from television, magazines, or otherwise.
6. Study the history of Islam. Learn of the great scholars and warriors who died with Allah on their lips and Islam in their hearts. Strive to emulate them.
7. Spend some time listening to recitation of the Quran. Find reciters that you like, try Abu Bakr ash-Shaatri, al-Ghamdi, as-Sudais, al-Minshawi..
8. Encourage your non-practicing friends to come to Islamic events.
9. Hang out with other Muslims.
10. Talk to your non-Muslim friends about Islam. Have you taken the time to explain the basics to them?
11. Go to at least one convention/conference/camp a year.
12. Perform the sunnah and nawafil salahs as much as possible. Find time to pray extras, such as Salatud-Duhaa, Qiyaamul-layl, and Tahajjud.
13. Subscribe to a Muslim magazine.
14. Buy Islamic gear instead of the latest Tommy Hil, CK, Nike, or Adidas...
15. Take the time to understand what's going on in the Muslim world today. Do your part to get involved and help relief organizations.
16. Try to fast Mondays and Thursdays as of today.
17. Lower your gaze.
18. Start reading Qur'an after Salat-ul Fajr.
19. Go to bed early so that you can wake up far Salat-ul Fajr.
20. Keep yourself in a state of wudu' most of the time.
21. Really listen to speakers. Take their advice to heart, commit yourself to change.
22. Give yourself time alone, so that you can think about your life, your deeds, make dhikr.
23. Start giving sadaqah daily, no matter how little. Make it a habit like eating and drinking.
24. Spend more time reading Islamic books, especially the Seerah, Hadeeth, and Fiqh.
25. Associate with knowledgeable people, hafidh, qari', and other ulama. You might learn something.
26. Try to learn how to make dawah to non-muslims. It is an art requiring knowledge and diplomacy.
27. Watch as little television as possible. Seriously.
28. Go to the masjid.
29. Don't criticize if you dislike something- do your part to change it.
30. Stand up for right, forbid evil. Just say no to gheebah.
31. Avoid eating too much. Do not eat unless you are hungry and try not to fill your stomach
32. If you like to listen to music, replace them with nasheed, music with islamic lyrics or with Quranic recitation. (some examples: Whisper of Peace, Prayers of the Last Prophet, MYNA raps: the Next Level)
33. Buy Islamic videos, tapes, posters, books, clothes, support your Muslims brothers and sisters and make Islam a part of every aspect of your life.
34. If you meet any new Muslims, buddy up with them and make them feel like a part of your community.
35. Break out of your clique.
36. Keep three extra Qur'an translations and some literature in your home at all times. You never know when you'll find someone interested who wants to know more.

BE BRAVE
PREPARE FOR STRUGGLE
PERSEVERE
HAVE CERTAINTY THAT ISLAM WILL BE VICTORIOUS

Fear Allah wherever you are in all times and all places. Stand up for Islam no matter who likes it or dislikes it. Dedicate yourself to changing this world. Go against the grain. The world needs you. You are the best community raised up for mankind.

Helena
01-25-2007, 12:10 PM
jazakillahu kairan for that input bro....

yeap feel free to post other messages relating to my topic inshAllah..books/audios/articles....

all am asking is not share wot u've done each done.....but to stop and reflect each night, alone, and think...and u'll see how it makes you feel...will bring a change in you inshAllah.....

itsme
01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
very helpful remembrance. may Allah give us patience, courage and perseverance to act on them.

Helena
01-25-2007, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme
very helpful remembrance. may Allah give us patience, courage and perseverance to act on them.
InshAllah......

ameen....

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-25-2007, 03:35 PM

:salamext:

I wish I actually had something to boast about. *sighs*

JazakAllah khayr for the reminder ukhtee.

{Therefore do thou give admonition, for thou art one to admonish} [88:21]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.