/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my non muslim father told me a short beautiful story!

Dawud_uk
01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

i was visiting my non-muslim parents last night and my dad told me of a news story that was on news 24 in the past week.

mashallah, it gladdened my heart and made me very happy to hear it.

A british camera crew for the bbc was filming in an afghan village, asking them how they felt that the british had chosen it for a base and would be moving there.

the men seems happy at this news, and one of them remarked...
"we are glad the british come here, we are poor so cannot afford to go to iraq so we are glad the british come here"

may Allah swt continue to keep the bond of brotherhood strong amongst the muslims and may he keep returning us to the deen in increasing numbers, ameen.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 12:24 PM
jazakAllaah for sharing that bro :)

Skillganon
01-25-2007, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
Assalaamu alaykum,

i was visiting my non-muslim parents last night and my dad told me of a news story that was on news 24 in the past week.

A british camera crew for the bbc was filming in an afghan village, asking them how they felt that the british had chosen it for a base and would be moving there.

"we are glad the british come here, we are poor so cannot afford to go to iraq so we are glad the british come here"

may Allah swt continue to keep the bond of brotherhood strong amongst the muslims and may he keep returning us to the deen in increasing numbers, ameen.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Did I miss something or is it what I am thinking?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 12:30 PM
wait a second, they were happy that its a base>? ie they want the british to take it over?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
errh no.

they were happy because they cant afford to do jihad in iraq so were happy the kuffar were coming to them.

akulion
01-25-2007, 01:10 PM
lol masha'Allah

FollowingAlhuda
01-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Masha Allah...good to hear...

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 01:21 PM
lol isee, then it is as i thought

Naheezah
01-25-2007, 02:44 PM
lol jazaaks 4 sharing bro :)

Umar001
01-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Lol you guys took long to get that :0

Khayal
01-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

:sl: Brother

Very long but very good story :p....jazaakAllah khair for sharing.

:sl:

England
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Go British troops! God bless the troops, we are proud of you. True heroes.

*noor
01-25-2007, 10:44 PM
why am i so lost?? i don't get it.

Jayda
01-25-2007, 10:44 PM
hola Dawud_uk,

if i may ask, how is your relationship with your parents? what do you think about them...

muchos gracias

Jayda
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
why am i so lost?? i don't get it.
hola *noor,

i think the story means they are happen because they want to kill the british troops and are joking that now they do not have to go to iraq to kill them...

you are from new york city! i did not know... are you from manhattan? i miss nyc sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! :'(

Dios te bendiga

Al_Imaan
01-25-2007, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola Dawud_uk,

if i may ask, how is your relationship with your parents? what do you think about them...

muchos gracias
that would be an interesting topic.....

Khattab
01-25-2007, 11:04 PM
the afghan pathans are without doubt amongst the stongest warriors in the world they are raised very tough

Dawud_uk
01-26-2007, 10:18 AM
hola Dawud_uk,

muchos gracias
i love them and respect them much more since i entering into islam, not that i was a bad son before then but islam teachs me they have much greater rights over me than even my wife or children.

but i believe they are upon misguidence and unless they change they will go to hell forever for their beliefs, i love them but once they die i cannot honour them or respect them as they will have died as enemies of God.

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
Abu Abdullah

Dawud_uk
01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
the afghan pathans are without doubt amongst the stongest warriors in the world they are raised very tough
i agree wholeheartedly,

my local masjid is predominently pathan and these guys are huge! apart from that the ones that are practicing take their deen very seriously, though i admit the jahil types are as bad as others, but i think pathans tend to practice at least the visable parts of islam much more seriously than others.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Jayda
01-26-2007, 10:47 AM
i love them and respect them much more since i entering into islam, not that i was a bad son before then but islam teachs me they have much greater rights over me than even my wife or children.

but i believe they are upon misguidence and unless they change they will go to hell forever for their beliefs, i love them but once they die i cannot honour them or respect them as they will have died as enemies of God.

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
Abu Abdullah
hola Dawud_uk,

gracias for your reply... i am interested about what you said about enemies of God... do you mean that because they are not muslims they are enemies of God or do you mean that they actually hate God and consider themselves against Him...

Dios te bendiga

Dawud_uk
01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
hola Dawud_uk,

gracias for your reply... i am interested about what you said about enemies of God... do you mean that because they are not muslims they are enemies of God or do you mean that they actually hate God and consider themselves against Him...

Dios te bendiga
they do not consider themselves such,

my mother is a non practicing christian, my father agnostic who says if any religion is any good it is islam and both are interested in talking about islam at least.

but what i mean is that God almighty has in his last and final book to mankind said that disbelief is wrong and that Islam is the right religion for mankind, that the one who dies in a state of disbelief will be in the hellfire forever.

so i pray for my family to accept islam whilst they are alive, because though they dont realise it they are in rebellion against his law on this earth and as such if they die in that state they die an enemy of God and would be punished as such.

Peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
Abu Abdullah

Jayda
01-26-2007, 12:30 PM
muchos gracias, Dios te bendiga

England
01-27-2007, 01:44 AM
May our troops kill those who attack them and I am sure they will.

Umm Safiya
01-28-2007, 03:06 PM

Lol, I didn't get it at first.. But when I scrolled down a bit, I was like ohhhhhhh.. :p

Alhamdulillâh, Allâhumma ansurna man nasra dînak, amîn.. :)

amirah_87
01-28-2007, 03:09 PM

SubhanAllah, I don't get it!?

Is this what it means?.....

i think the story means they are happen because they want to kill the british troops and are joking that now they do not have to go to iraq to kill them...
:?

seeker_of_ilm
01-28-2007, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

SubhanAllah, I don't get it!?

Is this what it means?.....

:?

Yeah basically what they were saying is, that they do not have enough money to go and fight the British forces in Iraq, so now they are glad that the British have come to them. (Thus saving them having to go to Iraq to fight them)

:w:

Kittygyal
01-28-2007, 03:14 PM
salamualikum.
mashallah
Ma'assalama

ژاله
01-28-2007, 03:26 PM
good story mashallah
wassalam

amirah_87
01-28-2007, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Yeah basically what they were saying is, that they do not have enough money to go and fight the British forces in Iraq, so now they are glad that the British have come to them. (Thus saving them having to go to Iraq to fight them)

Wa Alaykum As salaam,

Oh!! MashaAllah!!

JazaakAllah Khayr for explaining that!

England
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Suicidal :shade:

sevgi
01-29-2007, 02:26 AM
thanks for sharing bro...

what i undrstand is that they are happy that they will be living what theyre bros n siss are living in iraq...they will share their pain now...is that it?

cihad
01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
ha ha lets all just joke about killing now shall we?

your guys mentality is so narrow minded

especially England- British troops are heroes for killing people?

yeah right!!

Latey
02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I think it is very sad to joke about killing english (or other) troops/people - you (or/and I) can agree or disagree with the conflict and the interaction of foreign troops - but they are human like you and me !

Shame on those who think it is okay to murder, whatever the reason.

جوري
02-18-2007, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Latey
I think it is very sad to joke about killing english (or other) troops/people - you (or/and I) can agree or disagree with the conflict and the interaction of foreign troops - but they are human like you and me !

Shame on those who think it is okay to murder, whatever the reason.
Did these troops in fact not go in there to murder innocent people?
I don't think war should be the default approach, but it is like my dear friend told me the other day she is so sad about all these killings and beahedings, I told her don't send your kids there and they won't be killed or beaheaded.

I am not sure what the expectations are? for people to greet these invaders with wreaths of flowers and lots of hugs? They are people as these British are people, I have never had much recpect for England a country that has colonized half the world stole the wealth of nations and then left them for dead. somehow deeming themselves righteous-- Truly England is now cast in America's shadow, nonetheless look at what happened to all the tyrants preceeding them? if you don't know I'll quote a book centuries old---
In the name of the merciful and compassionate God.
1 By the dawn and ten nights!

2 And the single and the double!

3 And the night when it travels on!

4 Is there in that an oath for a man of sense?

5 Hast thou not seen how thy Lord did with Ad? 6 With Iram of the columns? 7 The like of which has not been created in the land? 8 And Thamud when they hewed the stones in the valley?

9 And Pharaoh of the stakes?

10 Who were outrageous in the land, 11 and did multiply wickedness therein, 12 and thy Lord poured out upon them the scourge of torment. 13 Verily, thy Lord is on a watch tower! 14 And as for man, whenever his Lord tries him and honours him and grants him favour, 15 then he says, ‘My Lord has honoured me;’ 16 but whenever he tries him and doles out to him his subsistence, 17 then he says, ‘My Lord despises me!’ 18 Nay, but ye do not honour the orphan, 19 nor do ye urge each other to feed the poor, 20 and ye devour the inheritance (of the weak) with a general devouring, 21 and ye love wealth with a complete love! 22 Nay, when the earth is crushed to pieces, 23 and thy Lord comes with the angels, rank on rank, 24 and hell is brought on that day, on that day shall man be reminded! but how shall he have a reminder? 25 He will say, ‘Would that I had sent something forward for my life! But on that day no one shall be tormented with a torment like his, 26 and none shall be bound with bonds like his!

27 O thou comforted soul! 28 Return unto thy Lord, well pleased and well pleased with!

29 And enter amongst my servants, 30 and enter my Paradise!

"Have you noted what your Lord did to `Ad?. Erum; with the pillars. The one which the land never saw its like!. Also Thamud, who carved the rocks in the valley. And Pharaoh who possessed might. They all transgressed in the land. They spread evil throughout. Consequently, your Lord poured upon them a whipping retribution. Your Lord is ever watchful." (The Reading 89:7-14)

Some of these nations we are told were even more powerful that we are today!.

"Have they not roamed the earth and noted the consequences for those who preceded them? They used to be more powerful, more prosperous, and built the earth more than you did. Their messengers went to them with clear signs. Consequently, The GOD was not the One who wronged them; they are the ones who wronged their own souls." (The Reading 30:9)

who is Britian declaring war against? some terrorists Muslims? or G-D himself?

Latey
02-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Quote, Purest Ambrosia:
Did these troops in fact not go in there to murder innocent people?

How should I know ? I am not a soldier and have never been present in the (any) area of conflict.
But I admit that I don't believe that, I honestly believe that soldiers from any army only kill when attacked. (and if otherwise, it is not different to any other human who kill for fun, army or no army)
Maybe there are soldiers who kill for "fun", but I do not believe that it is any of the UN troops (or similar kind of troops) - they have no intrest in killing innocent people - that is for the kind of army (official or not) that have intrest in killing for land or believe)

In war - aprooved or not - there will always be innocent people as casualties, some are more innocent than others. But that problem is equal for both sides of a conflict, of course it accures only in the country the war is fought in, if afghans went to Britain and fought, they would also kill innocent britans.

If you read my post closely, I wrote that I do not approve of any jokes about killing any people.

I do not aprove of any war/conflict !

جوري
02-18-2007, 03:31 PM
if you are going to the doctor chances are you are there for a checkup, not a casual hello.
Lots of decent people have refused to go to war and stated their reasons why. But going to war and staying put until you are attacked? ahahaha what kind of warfare is that please? do tell I am eager to read!
decent folk will refrain from comitting atrocities, they refrain from going to illegal wars. I visited England a few years ago and saw decent folk do just that, from protests to resignations..... But I am quite familiar with the history of England and I know just what they did to get to where they are, as far as I am concerned those who go deserve all that is coming to them! You Always have a choice.. you can always say no... not out of cowardice but out of understanding!
peace!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.