/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Americans Have Raped Me Like This! *cwies*

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 08:21 PM
The Americans Have Raped Me Like This!
Nadia Narrates By Her Tears:

Dedication: To every Muslim who still has blood runs in his vein. Nadia is one of the victims of the American mercenaries in Abu Gharib prison, who was detained for unknown reason.

When she has been released from the prison, she hasn't thrown herself between the arms of her family such as any oppressed prisoner dose, especially when he is being ironed by the fire of the oppression and the fire of longing to his family.

Simply, Nadia escaped immediately after she went out from the prison, not because of the shame that will follow her because of a crime she has committed, but because of what she and the other Iraqi captive women have been subject to, such as violation, rape, and torture by the hands of the American mercenaries in Abu Gharib Prison. The wall of the prison tells tragedies. But what Nadia tells is the truth not just a story.

Nadia started her story by saying "I was visiting one of my relatives, and suddenly the American forces attacked the home and started to inspect it. They found some light weapons. So, they arrested all people in the home including me. I tried to explain to the interpreter, who was accompanying the American patrol, that I am just a visitor. However, my trials failed. I cried, begged them, and I lost my consciousness from the fear when they led me to Abu Gharib prison.

Nadia continues "they put me alone in a dark and dirty prison cell. I expected that I will be released soon, especially when the investigation proved that I haven't committed a crime"

Nadia added while the tears are being poured on her cheek, the matter which proves how much she has suffered: "the first day was so burdensome, the cell was malodorous, humid, and dark, and this condition increased the fear inside me more and more. The laughs of the soldier outside the cell made me more scared and I was afraid of what would happen to me.

For the first time I felt that I am in a difficult impasse and that I entered to unknown world that I would not go out from it as I entered.

In the middle of these different feelings, I heard a voice for an American soldier woman who was speaking in an Arabic language. She asked me: "I haven't imagine that the weapons' traders in Iraq are women"

When I started to explain to her the circumstances of the situation, she beat me cruelly. I cried and shouted "By Allah! I am oppressed, By Allah! I am oppressed"

The soldier showered me with insults in a way that I have never imagine that I would subject to it under any circumstances. Then, she started to deride me saying that she was monitoring me all the day via the satellite, and that they can track their enemies even inside their own bedrooms by the American technology.

Then she laughed and said: "I was watching you when you were making love with your husband"

I replied in a confused voice "I am not married". She beat me for more than one an hour and she forced me to drink a glass of water, and I knew later that they put a drug in it. I regained my consciousness after two days to find myself naked. I knew immediately that I have lost something that all the laws in the earth will not be able to return it to me once again. I have been raped. A hysterical fit attacked me and I started to hit my head hardly in the walls till more than five American soldiers head by that soldier women entered the cell and started to beat me, and they raped me alternately while they laughing and listening to a loud music.

Day by day the scenario of raping me is repeating. And every day they invent new ways that are crueler than the prior ways.

She added describing the horrible acts of the American criminals: "after about one month, a Negro soldier entered to my cell and threw to me two pieces of American military clothes, and he mentioned in a weak Arabic language to wear them. Then he led me after he put a black bag on my head to a public toilet where there are pipes for cold and hot water, and he asked me to bathe, then he closed the door and left.

Although I was so exhausted and feeling pain, and despite the tremendous number of the bruises in my body, but I poured out some water on my body. Before I finish my bath, the Negro soldier came. I frightened, and I hit him by the bowel on his face. His reaction was so tough. He raped me cruelly and spitted on my face, then he left and returned accompanied with two soldiers who returned me to the cell.
The treatment continues in that way, to the extent that sometimes I have been raped 10 times in a day, the matter which affected my health negatively.

Nadia continues in revealing the American horrible actions made against the Iraqi women, saying: "after more than 4 months, a soldier woman came, and I concluded from her conversation with other soldiers that her name is Mary. She said to me "now you have a golden opportunity, since an officer who has a high position will visit us today, if you deal with him positively, you would be released, especially we are sure of you innocent."

I replied: "whereas you are sure of my innocent, why you don't release me?"
She screamed in nervousness: "the only way that guarantees your releasing is to be positive with them"
She took me to the public toilets, and she supervised my bath while she was holding a thick stick, hitting me by it if I didn't perform her orders. Then, she gave me a makeup, and warned me not to cry unless my makeup will be ruined. Then she took me to an empty small room in which there was nothing but a cover on the floor, and after one an hour she came accompanied with four soldiers who was holding cameras. She took off her closes and she harassed me as if a man. The soldiers were laughing and listening to a noisy music, and taking photographs to me in all poses, and they were emphasizing on my face. The woman asked me to smile otherwise she is going to kill me, and she took a gun from one of her colleagues and fired four bullets near my head, and swore that the fifth bullet will be fired in my head.

After that, the four soldiers raped me alternately the matter which made me lose my consciousness. When I regained the consciousness I found myself in the cell and the traces of their teeth, nails and cigarettes are in everywhere in my body.

Nadia stopped narrating her tragedy to wipe her tears, then she continued: "after one day Mary came and told me that I was cooperative, and I will be released but after I watch the film that they have shoot"

Nadia added: "I was in pain when I saw the film, and she (Mary) said: "you have been created just to make us enjoyed". At the moment I became very anger and I attacked her although I was afraid of her reaction, and I would kill her except for the interfering of the soldiers. When the soldiers released me she showered me with hitting, then they left me.

After this incident, nobody harassed me for more then one month; I spent that period in the praying and invocation to Allah, the Evolver who has all power, to help me.

Mary came with some soldiers who gave me the clothes that I was were when I have been arrested, and led me to an American car, and then they threw me on the highway road after they gave me 10,000 Iraqi Dinars.

I went to a home that was near the place where I have been thrown, and since I know the reaction of my family I preferred to visit one of my relatives to know what happened after my absence. I knew that my brother had held a consolation board for me for more than 4 months, and they considered me as a dead person.

I understood that the knife of shame is waiting for me. So, I went to Baghdad where I found a good family who lodged me, and I worked with this family as a maid and governess for their children.

Nadia wonders in pain, regret and bitterness "Who will quench my thirst? Who will return my virginity? What is the offense of my family and kin? I have inside me a baby, and I don't know his father
Her speech is finished.

Nadia is me and you, your wife and my wife, your sister and my sister, your mother and my mother.

Oh Islam's Sanctity! :'(imsad

Source:http://www.iraktribunal.de/dokus/stu...women_igc.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
01-25-2007, 08:34 PM
:sl:

Allahu Akbar.....subhan'Allah......May Allah protect his sincere servants and grant our sisters patience and jannat-ul-Firdaus insha'Allah............and may he give hidayaah to those kuffar or may his wrath be upon them.

M2A^AKIB^
01-25-2007, 08:37 PM
i've read this before...
so disgusting... shameless americans!
May Allah give Nadia patience!

*noor
01-25-2007, 08:47 PM
assalaamu alaikum

ya Allah!!! :cry: :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al_Imaan
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
How do you deny Allah and you were dead and He gave you life? Again He will cause you to die and again bring you to life, then you shall be brought back to Him. (2:28)

i copied u Al_imaan_786 ...pls dnt be mad at me!
this is soo sad:cry: ....and lol for takin my sig....i changed mine w/out knowing that u had taken it....no prob....i saved it so i can reuse it some other time....:D

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi WAbrakatuh,

jazakAllah khair for comments,

Ameen to the previous dua's,

JazakAllah khair sis Imaan :)

Make dua for our brothers and sisters :'(

May Allah help them and be with them always, May Allah (Swt) protect the Ummah!

Ameen Thummah Ameen!!

http://www.forthesakeofallah.blogspot.com/

^^ Check this website out!!

AQSA
01-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Inna lillahi wa ina ilaahi raji'oon! May Allah make it easy for them.

How can anyone not say or do anything about this?

Why isnt anyone standing up against this?

Why isnt anyone doing somthing about the world torrorists? (Bush, bad American troops and Co.)

What have the innocent girls done to deserve such treatment?

The double standards and hipocracy of this so called 'war on terror' has to stop... its doing more harm than good (unless if thats the motive!)

If this isnt a plain call for jihad against those who do this, the gulity evil opressors...then i dont know what is.

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 08:56 PM
:'(:'(:'(:'(imsadimsadimsadimsadimsadimsad

I duno what to say :( :'(

Skillganon
01-25-2007, 08:56 PM
I really did not know they took women as prisoner's. This is so disgusting.
I hope this nasty christian's, athiest and hyprocrite get what they deserve. I hope evey christian can say that this american terrorism is not in the name of Christianity and make it clear to the world.
I hate this Filthy people, I hope they die whereever they go out to do their nasty work, and any muslim who support them be it in afghan or Iraq or any other country they are one of them.
Stupid hyprocrite muslims who take them as pillow freind, I will be laughing if they die in the same bed as them.

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

It's disgusting bro, How can people do that?

It's so sick! And to think, they laugh after it, for them it's mere entertainment,

they don't even think twice, they just do it, it means nothing to them afterwards,

*feel sick* :'(

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 09:03 PM
i think i saw a video of this, wallahi it tested me properly, it was my fitnah, i completely lost myself after i saw a video entitled:

"i am your sister"

that video may traumatise some people, the descriptiveness, the images... subhanAllaah, i actually went around asking everyone about abu ghraib prison, i wanted to start something but, i heard abu ghraib has been helped??? is this not tru??

AQSA
01-25-2007, 09:04 PM
I feel so useless, what can we do to STOP THIS?

Raising awreness is one thing... but that at times isnt good enough.

The muslims of the world need unite to fight the opressors & hipocrite muslims and free all our innocent brothers and sisters from the torment they currently suffer at the hands of the bad. (starting with guantanimo & abu ghuraib)

The muslims leaders or any good leader for that matter should step up and intercede against injustices...

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 09:06 PM
imsad These video's freak me out,

what's happening to the world? no one cares no more,

:'( They are being tortured, for doing nothing!!!!

-I duno @ bro Ibn..

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 09:06 PM
ye Aqsa but i swear that somethings been done about this prison, i was going to get everyone i know aware and involved about this but i only stopped because someone informed me that apparently its no longer as it was????

Jayda
01-25-2007, 09:08 PM
this is so horrible, i hate this war... and am so scared that such evil people live so close to me and could do this to somebody... and that the government allows it

may God grant her peace and bring this war to an end now

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AQSA

The muslims of the world need unite to fight the opressors & hipocrite muslims and free all our innocent brothers and sisters from the torment they currently suffer at the hands of the bad. (starting with guantanimo & abu ghuraib)

The muslims leaders or any good leader for that matter should step up and intercede against injustices...
AsalamuAlayklum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

i duno if the world is blind right now,

But i think it's clear to see, many people have tried to open the eyes of these idiots but there are many ignorant people in the world, who don't give a sh*t, sadly!

imsad

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
this is so horrible, i hate this war... and am so scared that such evil people live so close to me and could do this to somebody... and that the government allows it

imsad

Allah (Swt) Listens to the prayers of non-Muslims too :)

Keep praying sis!

Skillganon
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AQSA

You can start that by being a better muslimah and decide where your loyalty lies i.e. to Allah (s.w.t), the the prophet and the believers only, and not support the kufaar in their Kuffar causes where ever they may be, afghan, palestinian, and e.t.c and make it clear.

That is my advice to every muslim, who made the choice of La Ilaha Ilalah and Muhummadur rasullah.

Learn what that mean's. Their is plenty of of advice in the Quran but muslims seems to refuse it or brush it aside. Start thinking like to Quran and strive to walk and talk like it.

I admit I am bit pissed of, I guess this article was one to many.

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Attachment 2797

JazakAllah Khair for the advice, imsad

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 09:18 PM
this was on path to peace ages ago, seriously this still cant be going on???

IbnAbdulHakim
01-25-2007, 09:20 PM
when i hear about stuff like this, i think about the wife of firawn, who got tortured and tested waaay more then all of this. subhanAllaah, how are these sisters getting tested, may Allah make them all huge palaces in jannah as he made for the wife of firawn...

*noor
01-25-2007, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
seriously this still cant be going on???
brother to be honest i don't know if that prison is still up but there are some places in the middle east such as Iraq and Palestine that have things like this and even worse still today. Prisons like these are made just to torture and make lives miserable, even to the most innocent civilians including many women and children.

Maarya
01-25-2007, 09:23 PM
that is so horrible and disgusting :eek:

how can those 'men' go to sleep at night knowing what they have done to a poor, innocent sister? imsad

Pk_#2
01-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Just think, there must be more going on around the world we do not know about, what about those brothers and sisters :'(

AQSA
01-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Brs and sisrs....

This this just one sad case of how Allah exposed those sickos, hence why the shameful country leading this war has to pretend to do somthing about it and bring those individuals who done it to 'justice' .... obviously to cover their own backs and try to cover thir hipocracy, after recieving pressure from the appauled international community.

The truth only Allah knows and thre could be many more cases like this or worse that are left anreported and undercover.... subhanallah man could you imagine?- i dont doubt that there are many other cases where the cries of our mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters are left unheard.

tomtomsmom
01-25-2007, 09:54 PM
This sickens me on so many different levels. As an american, as a woman, and as a human in general it turns my stomach to hear of such hatred. I do not and never have approved of this war. I know alot of people in the military are not good people. But some of them are. I will not make any excuse for actions like these because there is none. I know it makes no difference but I would like to say to all of the people affected by this unjust war that my country has waged, I trully am sorry. If there was any way that I alone could stop it I would. Nobody deserves to be treated this way. May God hold and protect you all from such evil.

AQSA
01-25-2007, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
This sickens me on so many different levels. As an american, as a woman, and as a human in general it turns my stomach to hear of such hatred. I do not and never have approved of this war. I know alot of people in the military are not good people. But some of them are. I will not make any excuse for actions like these because there is none. I know it makes no difference but I would like to say to all of the people affected by this unjust war that my country has waged, I trully am sorry. If there was any way that I alone could stop it I would. Nobody deserves to be treated this way. May God hold and protect you all from such evil.

Thankyou for your honest concern.

But we all need to join forces and attempt to eradicate such crimes ever being commited in the name of 'democracy' or 'war on terror'

Keltoi
01-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Is there a link to give any credence to this story? Yes, it is a frightening tale, but is there any documentation or other evidence of the veracity of this story?

*noor
01-25-2007, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
but is there any documentation or other evidence of the veracity of this story?
do you really think that the story is untrue?

i would love to think that this is a lie, but sadly things like this happen all the time even though we may not see it.

Keltoi
01-25-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
do you really think that the story is untrue?

i would love to think that this is a lie, but sadly things like this happen all the time even though we may not see it.
I don't know if it is true or not. That is why it is good to have more evidence than a narrative. Without more evidence all I can say is that it is a horrible story.

unknown_JJ
01-25-2007, 10:08 PM
:'(

*noor
01-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't know if it is true or not. That is why it is good to have more evidence than a narrative. Without more evidence all I can say is that it is a horrible story.

here, this link is from a news site: read the top half, its about her and i really think its true http://www.albasrah.net/maqalat/engl...men_230704.htm

Keltoi
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
here, this link is from a news site: read the top half, its about her and i really think its true http://www.albasrah.net/maqalat/engl...men_230704.htm
Sorry, but this source is far from credible. Perhaps if Reuters or the AP or even Al-Jazeera was reporting this story I might take it seriously, but this article and the website on which it appears has an agenda. Seems like an attempt to build more anti-American propoganda in the wake of the Abu Ghraib scandal. Perhaps I'm wrong and this is true, but it seems highly unlikely and the source is far from credible.

All I can say is that I hope I am right and this is propoganda. That was one of the worst effects of the Abu Ghraib fiasco, now any horrible story of the evil raping Americans seems to have substance to some people.

*noor
01-25-2007, 10:29 PM
I also wish that this was just propaganda, but sadly, it seems real to me, even though its so inhumane.

Keltoi
01-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I also wish that this was just propaganda, but sadly, it seems real to me, even though its so inhumane.
Surely you would agree that the source for this story is somewhat suspect wouldn't you? There are plenty of credible news outlets, such as Al-Jazeera, who while not exactly balanced still rely on evidence. Many of these news outlets would jump on a story like this to discredit the American occupation. Just seems a little odd to me that a story of this magnitude would only be covered by a pro-Iraqi "resistance" website.

Chechnya
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
can i also have a link to the agency or journalist that reported this please?

if theres no link to a news agency or journalist, there will always be doubt amongst people

jazakallah khair

Keltoi
01-25-2007, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
can i also have a link to the agency or journalist that reported this please?

if theres no link to a news agency or journalist, there will always be doubt amongst people

jazakallah khair
Noor gave a link to a story from a pro-Iraqi resistance website, it should still be there.

*noor
01-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Surely you would agree that the source for this story is somewhat suspect wouldn't you? There are plenty of credible news outlets, such as Al-Jazeera, who while not exactly balanced still rely on evidence. Many of these news outlets would jump on a story like this to discredit the American occupation. Just seems a little odd to me that a story of this magnitude would only be covered by a pro-Iraqi "resistance" website.

well, it's possible that you're right.........i hope you are. it's possible that it is propaganda but even if it wasn't true, that doesn't mean that these things are not going on.

God knows best about everything, the best of things and the worst of things.

England
01-25-2007, 10:45 PM
This is propaganda. This is a muslim woman trying rally up the muslim world against the Americans. Funny how some people are so gullible.

*noor
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Funny how some people are so gullible.
isn't it!

Chuck
01-25-2007, 10:47 PM
here the report presented to UN includes this story, and these stories haven't been denied by US govt. or any other source. http://www.iraktribunal.de/dokus/stu...women_igc.html

Jayda
01-25-2007, 10:48 PM
hola,

it is not muslim propaganda or something that is in the news... these things are not known for certain so please do not jump to conclusions toward any 'side' ... i think the more important thing to remember is that we know for certain this may have actually happened to somebody who feels very confused and hurt right now and our prayers should be with them... it is selfish to turn somebodys pain into a political message... i mean this toward everyone

Dios te bendiga

Keltoi
01-25-2007, 10:49 PM
well, it's possible that you're right.........i hope you are. it's possible that it is propaganda but even if it wasn't true, that doesn't mean that these things are not going on.

God knows best about everything, the best of things and the worst of things.
Of course we know about the poor girl and her family who were killed by soldiers, and soldiers have been found guilty and punished. Two more were found guilty today of killing detainees. I know from experience that the U.S. military is a highly disciplined outfit, especially now that it is all volunteer. There will be the occasional homicidal freak, and these people are considered dangerous not only to civilians but to their fellow soldiers. The U.S. military and the American people have pride in their soldiers, and any dishonor is taken very seriously. A bad deed from one soldier reflects on all soldiers, and that is why these cases are taken so seriously. So I take a story like this with a grain of salt. If you read up on some of the cases involving military misconduct in Iraq, the witnesses against the guilty party were fellow soldiers. The picture painted by stories like this of an out of control military with rape and abuse going on is a false one. Abu Ghraib was a disgrace, and the American military is still living with the propoganda value this gave to the enemy.

Trumble
01-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Noor gave a link to a story from a pro-Iraqi resistance website, it should still be there.
The story is all over the web, but invariably is the same text (or very close to it) and obviously derived from the same source. There are no details of the original interview (i.e, who it was with), if indeed there ever was one, or any real evidence 'Nadia' ever existed.

It seems likely 'Nadia' is a figment of some propagandists imagination; but that's not to take away from the undoubted atrocities that occured at Abu Ghraib. The Umm Taha story seems much more likely to be genuine.

dougmusr
01-26-2007, 01:39 AM
I went to a home that was near the place where I have been thrown, and since I know the reaction of my family I preferred to visit one of my relatives to know what happened after my absence. I knew that my brother had held a consolation board for me for more than 4 months, and they considered me as a dead person.

I understood that the knife of shame is waiting for me. So, I went to Baghdad where I found a good family who lodged me, and I worked with this family as a maid and governess for their children.
How awful, to be treated in such a way by your enemies, but even worse to fear being killed by your own Muslim family after the ordeal.

*noor
01-26-2007, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dougmusr
How awful, to be treated in such a way by your enemies, but even worse to fear being killed by your own Muslim family after the ordeal.
I don't really think it was the fear of being killed by her family, but just the fear of how her family would feel knowing what happened to her and the embarrassment that she would feel around them. I think that statement that she made that you had in bold was metaphorical not literal.

Jayda
01-26-2007, 01:49 AM
hola dougmusr,

must you include the word muslim? i think it is clear that killing a raped woman is not part of their religion... this is obviously the characteristic of a culture that does not necessarily believe in a womans value as much as we do in the modern world or as much as they are supposed to according to their religion... it is an exception or an encroachment... not the rule...

Dios te bendiga

Keltoi
01-26-2007, 01:56 AM
hola dougmusr,

must you include the word muslim? i think it is clear that killing a raped woman is not part of their religion... this is obviously the characteristic of a culture that does not necessarily believe in a womans value as much as we do in the modern world or as much as they are supposed to according to their religion... it is an exception or an encroachment... not the rule...

Dios te bendiga
I would agree. The practice of alienating or even murdering women who family members deem to be "dishonored" isn't an Islamic practice but a cultural one, primarily in Pakistan it seems.

dougmusr
01-26-2007, 02:01 AM
hola dougmusr,

Dios te bendiga
Muslims and Christians alike find such violation shameful. I think the article makes it clear she was a Muslim. I find the story disturbing for several reasons. First, it it is true, it is shameful for America. Second, as a Christian and an American, I do not support such treatment of prisoners.

Muslim Woman
01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

May Allah forgive her all sins & give her Jannah for what pain /torture she went through.

Sometimes , i feel so guilty . So many ordinary Muslims are opressed in so many places & the Muslim Ummah is sleeping except very few.

Do u think , Allah will forgive us on the Last Day ? What we will tell Allah for not doing almost anything for our opressed bro & sisters ?

Anybody knows , is it allowed for a rape victime to abort the baby ?

muslima06
01-26-2007, 04:51 AM
salaam,
I didn't read the article and I don't inted to read it because things like that make me depressed. but I just wanted to remind something, the beleivers will be tested.imagine how the copaminions of the prphet(saw) were tortured such as Bilal and remeber how the prophet himself was tortured such as the people of Ta'if stoning him. also rember the other uma's before us such as the wife of firoun. we have to know that this is not something new, jannah is not guranteed easily. when there is too much hardship for the ummah thats when Allah's help is close. let's make dua for them.

"verily with every difficulty, there is a releive." (quran)
salam,
ur sis in islam,
muslima06

SUMMAYAH
01-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Inna lillahi winna ilayhi rajioon.

I get consilation from thinking about when the dwellers of Paradise will have a window which they could open and they could see into hellfire and the people that oppressed them in this world begging for mercy!

May Allah make it easy for this sister and the so many others like her.

Dawud_uk
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

the crimes such as this lay on the heads of the american leaders and its nation for supporting them in these evil acts unless they disassociate themselves from it personally.

may Allah swt help this sister and the tens thousands like her across the ummah, violated by the enemies of Allah, many left with innocent children who will be seen as bad just because of their rapist fathers they never knew.

keltoi is right this is a cultural practice not an islamic one that views women being violated as worthy of death but it is not just in pakistan.

such views against women are common across the whole indo-pakistani continent and more honour killers are proportionally done amongst sikhs and hindus than muslims.

in arabia honour killings are once again more common amongst the non muslims than the muslims, so it is cultural and islam strongly speaks out against such evil.

i hope the family that helped this sister continue to do so, help her through her mental problems she will have and if she wishes it find her a pious brother who will help her continue her recovery and that such problems are not her fault.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

may Allah swt help this sister and the tens thousands like her across the ummah, violated by the enemies of Allah, many left with innocent children who will be seen as bad just because of their rapist fathers they never knew.

i hope the family that helped this sister continue to do so, help her through her mental problems she will have and if she wishes it find her a pious brother who will help her continue her recovery and that such problems are not her fault.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

JazakAllah khair for the replies and some comments :muddlehea imsad

Ameen to bro's dua!

And also...

No finger-pointing in my thread please!

Daffodil
01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh Allah, They killed Your slaves, And they insulted Your religion
Oh Allah, of them you are All-Aware, And over them All-Powerful,
Oh Allah, direct your forces against them,
O Allah send upon them the Storms of 'Aad,
And the Cry of the Thamoud,
And the Typhoon of the people of Noah,
O Allah send upon them that which descends from the skies,
And of that which exudes from the lands,
O Allah, make hurricanes a constant for them,
O Allah disintegrate their country,
O Allah make them into divided countries and scattered parties,
O Allah, Ever-Living and Omni-Potent, Make contain them within a fist's grip of Your slaves.
O Allah, make their plots against us a cause for their destruction,
And their slyness, slyness against them,
And for whom You have willed no guidance, O Allah, make misery his destiny,
O Allah, make misery his destiny, And disaster in his path,
O Allah, convert his health to disease, And his strength into sickness, And his wealth, into poverty, And his power into weakness

Ameen.

Dawud_uk
01-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Ameen!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-26-2007, 04:03 PM
ameen

Jayda
01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Muslims and Christians alike find such violation shameful. I think the article makes it clear she was a Muslim. I find the story disturbing for several reasons. First, it it is true, it is shameful for America. Second, as a Christian and an American, I do not support such treatment of prisoners.

hola dougmusr!

i think maybe i misunderstand... but what i meant was you could have just said her family... there was no reason to say her muslim family, and i think it makes kind of a false connection between their wanting to hurt her and islam the religion which obviously does not allows such behavior...

Dios te bendiga

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Oh Allah, They killed Your slaves, And they insulted Your religion
Oh Allah, of them you are All-Aware, And over them All-Powerful,
O Allah send upon them the Storms of 'Aad,
And the Cry of the Thamoud,
And the Typhoon of the people of Noah,
O Allah send upon them that which descends from the skies,
And of that which exudes from the lands,
O Allah, make hurricanes a constant for them,
O Allah disintegrate their country,
O Allah make them into divided countries and scattered parties,
O Allah, Ever-Living and Omni-Potent, Make contain them within a fist's grip of Your slaves.
O Allah, make their plots against us a cause for their destruction,
And their slyness, slyness against them,
And for whom You have willed no guidance, O Allah, make misery his destiny,
O Allah, make misery his destiny, And disaster in his path,
O Allah, convert his health to disease, And his strength into sickness, And his wealth, into poverty, And his power into weakness

Ameen.
imsad Ameen, also it looks better in blue :)

Muslim Woman
01-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Salaam/peace;

Nadia: ..I have inside me a baby, and I don't know his father

---- if she gives birth to the baby , then will it be possible for any org to arrange a DNA test to find out who could be the father ? So that , the baby can have his father's name ?

This is not only one case , there are more like this horribe one. imsad

A US soldier who raped a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and helped to kill her family has been sentenced to life in prison with possible parole.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6156656.stm

some US soldiers are even raping their own women ( female US soldiers ).

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/peace;

Nadia: ..I have inside me a baby, and I don't know his father

---- if she gives birth to the baby , then will it be possible for any org to arrange a DNA test to find out who could be the father ? So that , the baby can have his father's name ?

This is not only one case , there are more like this horribe one. imsad

A US soldier who raped a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and helped to kill her family has been sentenced to life in prison with possible parole.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6156656.stm

some US soldiers are even raping their own women ( female US soldiers ).

Life could even be 7 years, and how's it going to help the 14 yr old bring her family back?

Asaghfirullah!

JazakAllah for link! 90 years...? Hmm...

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

sudais1
01-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I hate those filthy disgusting shameless Americans, Ya Allah Cast them and there Leaders into ongoing Terror for they have ridiculed your religion and prophet and believers, Ya Allah send your Creatures against them, send your Nature against, send your Earth and ground against and sallow up there Killing Empire, I hate them, they ridicule us like a big bully, Oh Allah destroy there pride and Integrity :mad: :mad:

They rape our women and kill our children and slaughter our Men and they Stand with pride saying "Were Helping them" imsad Ya rabbi Help us

The World Affairs section boils my blood and im probably going to get a lot of stick for this post but thats my opinon

SilentObserver
01-28-2007, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
I hate those filthy disgusting shameless Americans, Ya Allah Cast them and there Leaders into ongoing Terror for they have ridiculed your religion and prophet and believers, Ya Allah send your Creatures against them, send your Nature against, send your Earth and ground against and sallow up there Killing Empire, I hate them, they ridicule us like a big bully, Oh Allah destroy there pride and Integrity :mad: :mad:

They rape our women and kill our children and slaughter our Men and they Stand imsad Ya rabbi Help us

The World Affairs section boils my blood and im probably going to get a lot of stick for this post but thats my opinon
I assume you mean just the ones that did this horrible thing, and not all americans.

sevgi
01-28-2007, 04:30 AM
i dnt know what to say.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-28-2007, 04:30 AM
^^yeap just them. if its true :( he did say "those."

sudais1
01-28-2007, 05:13 AM
ya to clarify i just mean them

tomtomsmom
01-28-2007, 05:57 AM
thank you for that clarification. i hate them too and i am an american. it is wrong for anyone to do something like that no matter where you come from. regardless of your country or religion we are all humans. and we should all act like it instead of wild animals. there is too much fighting all over the world. my only hope is that it ends soon.

sudais1
01-28-2007, 07:56 AM
There are many great honorable Americans yet there are crazy people like them. WE are all human like tomtomsmom said, no human should be treated like that :mad:

sudais1
01-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Why does the UN place Sanctions on Iran and not America for these disgusting acts?

ژاله
01-28-2007, 08:16 AM
May this war end in peace!!!!!!!!:(
*cry*

sudais1
01-28-2007, 08:19 AM
I wonder if the world will ever have complete Peace, Its something to dream upon, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime though imsad

Naheezah
01-28-2007, 08:50 AM
peace will come only when al-mahdi arises:)

sudais1
01-28-2007, 08:51 AM
^^^lets Hope That My Lifetime And Ours^^^^ :d

Chechnya
01-28-2007, 05:26 PM
i wonder if the rape and torture of iraqis- the bombardment of iraqi cities justifies attacks on mainland america...

SATalha
01-28-2007, 06:35 PM
The west have this midset that they are superior than anyone else. This all leads from British imperialism, going in to places like India and saying to the mothers "let us show you how to be a mother". America is just an extention of this ideology of western dominance. Thats why the soldiers behave this way, they think they are better humans that anyone else. It happened in the slave trade as well. The people of Africa where treated like a science project by the western scientist, they needed to be studied coz they where the "other".

What happened in Iraq with our sistters is a just a example of the "i dont care what you think attitude". You wonder why there is so much hate for that nation!!!!

SATalha
01-28-2007, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naheezah
peace will come only when al-mahdi arises:)
Inshallah sister, but doesnt mean that we shouldnt strive to end this madness:cry:

Muslim Woman
01-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B

....how's it going to help the 14 yr old bring her family back?

The teenage girl was killed , too. Insha Allah , she will have her family back in the heaven. Ameen.

SilentObserver
01-29-2007, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
i wonder if the rape and torture of iraqis- the bombardment of iraqi cities justifies attacks on mainland america...
No, it does not.

Dawud_uk
01-29-2007, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
No, it does not.
hang on a minute, isnt this the justification for invading iraq and afghanistan?

that they were responsible for the deaths on sept 11th and so therefore was justified to attack them?

i am not saying from an islamic point of view that justifies it, that is a seperate argument but you arguing it doesnt is just plain double standards.

Abu Abdullah

Daffodil
01-29-2007, 12:43 PM
excellent coment dawud. i hate it wen ppl have double standards.

tomtomsmom
01-29-2007, 02:12 PM
it is a double standard at then again it isn't.
it wasn't right for the USA to go into those countries after 9/11
9/11 was a terrrible day and i remember the whole day like it was yesterday
but you can't declare war on TWO COUNTRIES because of what a small group of citizens did. relativly speaking the taliban is a small group of people that has gotten so much bigger because of the war. they wouldn't have the support they have now if my stupid government wasn't killing inoccent people.
i guess it boils down to two wrongs don't make a right. i have always thought that there were better ways to handle the situation. of course i am also unsure of what really happened on 9/11. the stories released to the public don't exactly line up.

Daffodil
01-29-2007, 05:21 PM
the american government is stupid, theyre ex criminals, how can u get a bunch of ex criminals to run a country and try to rule the world thick idiots

Beblessed
01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

Allahu Akbar.....subhan'Allah......May Allah protect his sincere servants and grant our sisters patience and jannat-ul-Firdaus insha'Allah............and may he give hidayaah to those kuffar or may his wrath be upon them.
Ameeeen:cry:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-29-2007, 08:30 PM
hang on a minute, isnt this the justification for invading iraq and afghanistan?

that they were responsible for the deaths on sept 11th and so therefore was justified to attack them?

i am not saying from an islamic point of view that justifies it, that is a seperate argument but you arguing it doesnt is just plain double standards.

Abu Abdullah
Also to continue, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Nor the people inside. Saddaam hurt his own people but no one there hurt America. So yes it is double standards.

MTAFFI
01-29-2007, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
The west have this midset that they are superior than anyone else. This all leads from British imperialism, going in to places like India and saying to the mothers "let us show you how to be a mother". America is just an extention of this ideology of western dominance. Thats why the soldiers behave this way, they think they are better humans that anyone else. It happened in the slave trade as well. The people of Africa where treated like a science project by the western scientist, they needed to be studied coz they where the "other".

What happened in Iraq with our sistters is a just a example of the "i dont care what you think attitude". You wonder why there is so much hate for that nation!!!!

I hate to see comments like these.. I dont think that all soldiers behave this way and it is only the mindset of a few. There are Muslims that are fighting in Iraq against the Americans who also behave in this manner. Is it better to torture and execute and man than it is to rape a woman? Is it better to blow up a mosque than rape a woman? I am not saying raping a woman is ok I am just making the point that there are a lot of crazy, unethical, unjustified sick things going on in Iraq, and it isnt "western dominance" and it isnt "evil America" it is the action of men, whether they be black, white, Muslim or Christian, western or middle eastern.

I am not justifying what happened to this poor woman, in fact, I condemn it and wish justice would come swift and heavy on the ones who did this. But please do not hate America for it and dont hate the soldiers for it, hate the exact ones that did it, if you must hate at all. I so often hear Muslims asking why the actions of a few reflect on all of their people, well this is what is happening here, the actions of a few are reflecting on America as a whole.

May God bring peace to this poor woman and that war torn country

MTAFFI
01-29-2007, 09:04 PM
the american government is stupid, theyre ex criminals, how can u get a bunch of ex criminals to run a country and try to rule the world thick idiots
ex criminals? :uuh: what are you talking about?

SATalha
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
I hate to see comments like these.. I dont think that all soldiers behave this way and it is only the mindset of a few. There are Muslims that are fighting in Iraq against the Americans who also behave in this manner. Is it better to torture and execute and man than it is to rape a woman? Is it better to blow up a mosque than rape a woman? I am not saying raping a woman is ok I am just making the point that there are a lot of crazy, unethical, unjustified sick things going on in Iraq, and it isnt "western dominance" and it isnt "evil America" it is the action of men, whether they be black, white, Muslim or Christian, western or middle eastern.

I am not justifying what happened to this poor woman, in fact, I condemn it and wish justice would come swift and heavy on the ones who did this. But please do not hate America for it and dont hate the soldiers for it, hate the exact ones that did it, if you must hate at all. I so often hear Muslims asking why the actions of a few reflect on all of their people, well this is what is happening here, the actions of a few are reflecting on America as a whole.

I dont hate the Americans as a people. i just hate the Ideology that exist within the western guvernments including Britain. The ideology that "what we say is right and we will fix everything". The west need to wake up and realise that their way of life is not the only one that exist on this blue planet (well its turning brown now...imsad )

MTAFFI
01-29-2007, 09:36 PM
I dont hate the Americans as a people. i just hate the Ideology that exist within the western guvernments including Britain. The ideology that "what we say is right and we will fix everything". The west need to wake up and realise that their way of life is not the only one that exist on this blue planet (well its turning brown now...imsad )
I think the problem may be that everyones government thinks that they have the answer to everyone elses problems. When everyone thinks they are right that makes everyone else wrong.

SATalha
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
But which nations are walking the globe trying to fix everything their way? Look what the Iraqis are doing to each other is one thing. But for another country to come in and than walk around with some moral high ground is something else. When a another man rapes in another country while they are carrying the flag of freedom is frankly upsetting. Thats why I am saying that American and British soldiers carry this mentality that they are better than anyone else. Is it a coincidence that more and more Muslim lands are being occupied? I think not. There is something more sinister going on. Watch the increase in 5 years time. Who next Iran, Jordan, Syria, Lebonan.

MTAFFI
01-29-2007, 09:57 PM
But which nations are walking the globe trying to fix everything their way?
I would say walking through certain countries trying to fix things so that embassies and buildings are not blown up anymore. I am not saying I necessarily agree with all of it, I am just providing how the other side may perceive this.

Look what the Iraqis are doing to each other is one thing. But for another country to come in and than walk around with some moral high ground is something else. When a another man rapes in another country while they are carrying the flag of freedom is frankly upsetting.
IT IS BEYOND UPSETTING, and as I said earlier I hope justice comes quickly for these people. I know that it must be extremely discouraging for the people in Iraq to hear stories like these about people that are suppose to be there to help them. However most are not like this and do want to help, and if they could just get enough acceptance to where there wasnt so much civil war the Americans could pull out and help with reconstruction.

Thats why I am saying that American and British soldiers carry this mentality that they are better than anyone else. Is it a coincidence that more and more Muslim lands are being occupied? I think not. There is something more sinister going on. Watch the increase in 5 years time. Who next Iran, Jordan, Syria, Lebonan.
Hopefully none, although the situation with Iran seems more and more inevitable each day, you cannot say that this would be provoked by Americans though. I personally think that Iran is behind many of the problems in the Mid East today. I also dont think it is a war against Muslims either or that Muslims countries are occupied because they are Muslims. I think that they get occupied because of the radical acts that come out of these countries or claimed to come from these countries. I mean if England or France blew up an american embassy and then claimed it was them who did it, they would be invaded just as quickly any Muslim country.

tomtomsmom
01-29-2007, 10:21 PM
The fact of the matter is that America needs to mind their own business! (i am american btw)
This country is in shambles. We have gang wars ruling the streets. Drugs on every street corner. Men beating their wives. Children being kidnapped and raped. Not to mention the thousands of homeless. The people who are starving right here in our own back yard. Or how about all the thousands of people with no health insurance that die every year because they can't go to the doctor???
It is time that the government starts using our resources to take care of us before they go off and screw up someone else's country. If there isn't an immediate threat IE: there is solid proof that someone is coming here to fight then leave them alone. Why does it always have to be our business to get envolved with other peoples problems??? Let them handle theirs and we should handle ours.
Sorry.....end rant

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2007, 11:49 PM
^ that was quite nicely put, it seems they arent satisfied with having their own country messed up, they wish to mess up the other countries, bush needs to get a nice kick up the beep ! or whoever is pulling the strings!

AQSA
01-30-2007, 12:03 AM

loool!

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 12:21 AM
^ that was quite nicely put, it seems they arent satisfied with having their own country messed up, they wish to mess up the other countries, bush needs to get a nice kick up the beep ! or whoever is pulling the strings!
This is why the upcoming election is so important. It is time for the American people to stand up together and say that we WILL NOT LET AN IDIOT RUN OUR COUNTRY!!!!!
When Bush was first elected I was not old enough to vote. The second time I voted against him which was really only the lesser of two evils. It is up to the american people to put someone in office that can stop this madness. I pray that they do. I don't want my son to grow up in this kind of world.

AQSA
01-30-2007, 12:26 AM
The fact of the matter is that America needs to mind their own business! (i am american btw)
This country is in shambles. We have gang wars ruling the streets. Drugs on every street corner. Men beating their wives. Children being kidnapped and raped. Not to mention the thousands of homeless. The people who are starving right here in our own back yard. Or how about all the thousands of people with no health insurance that die every year because they can't go to the doctor???
It is time that the government starts using our resources to take care of us before they go off and screw up someone else's country. If there isn't an immediate threat IE: there is solid proof that someone is coming here to fight then leave them alone. Why does it always have to be our business to get envolved with other peoples problems??? Let them handle theirs and we should handle ours.
Sorry.....end rant

Quite very true.

Its a very sad fact to comprehend, that certain 'world powers' can afford to go to war & invade countries for no legitmate reason and yet have such social problems at their own door step that need to be urgently and desperately addressed.

Imagine what use the billions of $$ wasted on killing and destroying civilians & their country could be... If America were really looking out for their country and people they would of tackled the drugs, rape, homeless issues they have within their own society first. And if they really had the worlds best interests at heart... they would of attempted further at trying to eliminate world poverty and aiding those less fortunate around the world instead of blowing billions of dollars at bombarding and invading those very same poverty stricken countries and others similar to them on little or no basis.

SilentObserver
01-30-2007, 02:30 AM

Abu Abdullah
excellent coment dawud. i hate it wen ppl have double standards.
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Also to continue, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Nor the people inside. Saddaam hurt his own people but no one there hurt America. So yes it is double standards.
You three are saying that I have double standards? Why would you say that?

Dawud_uk
01-30-2007, 07:10 AM

if someone raped your sister or mother or wife or daughter you would hate them and want them punished would you not?

now what if the whole military unit or large parts of it knew what was happening you would hold them responsible also would you not just like the ones who did it?

now if a whole nation started actions against your nation, that led to the killings, rapes, murders and looting then really they are also the ones to blame and responsible is what is being said here by the non muslims and to a limited extent the muslims also.

Abu Abdullah

Dawud_uk
01-30-2007, 07:15 AM
I think the problem may be that everyones government thinks that they have the answer to everyone elses problems. When everyone thinks they are right that makes everyone else wrong.
then fix your own broke nation first before telling us what to do with ours.

i mean, 1 in 4 women in the west suffers a rape attack in her lifetime and they still go around lecturing others.

they call other states terrorism states and narko states and the the biggest supplier of terror weapons is the US and UK, the biggest suppliers of the biggest drugs on the planet are US and UK. hypocrisy and double standards.

Abu Abdullah

khushnood
01-30-2007, 07:24 AM
:mad: you're right bro.they're filthy hipocrytes.

Muslim Woman
01-30-2007, 09:47 AM

Salaam/peace;

Nice answer , bro.

Yes , as a Muslim we can’t support killing innocent people but sometimes I think , how those people who voted for Bush , supported Iraq war will be punished ? After Afghanistan, Iraq now they want to attack Iran.

Do we have to wait for the Last Day to see their punishment? imsad

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 02:33 PM
if someone raped your sister or mother or wife or daughter you would hate them and want them punished would you not?
of course, that is why I said in my post I hope justice is served to those who participated in this despicable act

now what if the whole military unit or large parts of it knew what was happening you would hold them responsible also would you not just like the ones who did it?
it seemed to me from the article that not everyone knew what was going on, since the lady was told not to say anything, however those who did know and participate should be punished accordingly.

now if a whole nation started actions against your nation, that led to the killings, rapes, murders and looting then really they are also the ones to blame and responsible is what is being said here by the non muslims and to a limited extent the muslims also.

Abu Abdullah
this is where I believe you are wrong. No nation started anything with the Iraqi people, only the Iraqi government. If you remember the people of Iraq at the beginning of this war were welcoming the US troops and thanking them for ending Saddams reign of terror. The problems in Iraq are not US problems they are sectarian issues. More Muslims kill other Muslims that US troops in Iraq everyday. More Muslims in Iraq rape, kill, murder and loot in Iraq than the US everyday. This is a fact, I would say to a limited extent you hear of these soldiers raping Iraqis, it isnt like the US troops are there to loot murder or rape anyone. The majority of the troops truly do want to see order restored to Iraq so they can leave, and the majority of them have good intentions for Iraq. So to answer your question, no I would not hold a whole nation responsible for the actions of a few sick individuals

IceQueen~
01-30-2007, 02:45 PM
who the shias?!

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 02:55 PM
then fix your own broke nation first before telling us what to do with ours.

i mean, 1 in 4 women in the west suffers a rape attack in her lifetime and they still go around lecturing others.

they call other states terrorism states and narko states and the the biggest supplier of terror weapons is the US and UK, the biggest suppliers of the biggest drugs on the planet are US and UK. hypocrisy and double standards.

Abu Abdullah
where do you get your information, I do not believe that 1 in 4 women are raped in the US, that is a bold statement, last year 89,000 were raped, and since there are 300,000,000 US I dont think that would work out to 1 in 4

here are 2 articles for a little clarity on this
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/0...i_n_23284.html

also the US is the biggest user of drugs not a supplier, that would be colombia for cocaine and afganistan and some other mid eastern countries for opium, marijuana from mexico, and so on and so on.

As far as your supplier of arms, that would definitely not be the US, probably should look to Iran, Syria and that wonderful group of flawless nations.

the hypocrisy and double standards are to commonly shouted out on this site with any solid reason for it

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
who the shias?!
shia and sunni alike

IceQueen~
01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
yeah but not everybody reports it either :rollseyes

Dawud_uk
01-30-2007, 03:06 PM
where do you get your information, I do not believe that 1 in 4 women are raped in the US, that is a bold statement, last year 89,000 were raped, and since there are 300,000,000 US I dont think that would work out to 1 in 4

here are 2 articles for a little clarity on this
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/0...i_n_23284.html

also the US is the biggest user of drugs not a supplier, that would be colombia for cocaine and afganistan and some other mid eastern countries for opium, marijuana from mexico, and so on and so on.

As far as your supplier of arms, that would definitely not be the US, probably should look to Iran, Syria and that wonderful group of flawless nations.

the hypocrisy and double standards are to commonly shouted out on this site with any solid reason for it
the rape statistics come from the uk not the US, but i understand from reading articles on women's issues that the situation there is far worse.

the problem is you are qouting only official figures, most rapes are not reported so that the figure of 1 in 4 will suffer such an attack in their lifetime.

now when i mentioned drugs... you jump straight into the obvious mental trap. it isnt your fault it is just how you are conditioned.

but what are the biggest drugs in the world? is it opium? crack?
no it is alcohol and tobacco and so therefore the biggest suppliers are from the west not the east.

Abu Abdullah

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 03:47 PM
the rape statistics come from the uk not the US, but i understand from reading articles on women's issues that the situation there is far worse.

the problem is you are qouting only official figures, most rapes are not reported so that the figure of 1 in 4 will suffer such an attack in their lifetime.

now when i mentioned drugs... you jump straight into the obvious mental trap. it isnt your fault it is just how you are conditioned.

but what are the biggest drugs in the world? is it opium? crack?
no it is alcohol and tobacco and so therefore the biggest suppliers are from the west not the east.

Abu Abdullah
You still dont show where you get the 1 in 4 statistic.. I mean that is 1 quarter of the women and that just is not accurate, unless you can prove otherwise. As far as alcohol and cigarettes go, they are legal almost everywhere, so what does it matter if the west supplies them? Islam may not agree with drinking but that doesnt make it a bad thing for everyone else. So I guess my question to you on this is what does it matter if the west is the largest supplier of cigarettes and alcohol?

Dawud_uk
01-30-2007, 03:52 PM
You still dont show where you get the 1 in 4 statistic.. I mean that is 1 quarter of the women and that just is not accurate, unless you can prove otherwise. As far as alcohol and cigarettes go, they are legal almost everywhere, so what does it matter if the west supplies them? Islam may not agree with drinking but that doesnt make it a bad thing for everyone else. So I guess my question to you on this is what does it matter if the west is the largest supplier of cigarettes and alcohol?
i will insha'allah (God willing) find the article for you re 1 in 4,

but of-course it matters about alcohol and tobacco, and doesnt matter that such are illegal. they are still drugs and very dangerous ones at that.

so in reality the west has made its own drugs of choice legal and the rest are illegal (look at the pressure being applied to colombia over coke even in its natural state) and then supplied those drugs to the rest of the world.

whether they are illegal or not the west is still the biggest drugs supplier, drugs that have a massive social and health effect, so this is double standards of the west to lecture afghanistan for example on heroin production (which i dont agree with) when held in comparison to their own legal drug production.

Abu Abdullah

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 04:20 PM
i will insha'allah (God willing) find the article for you re 1 in 4,

but of-course it matters about alcohol and tobacco, and doesnt matter that such are illegal. they are still drugs and very dangerous ones at that.

so in reality the west has made its own drugs of choice legal and the rest are illegal (look at the pressure being applied to colombia over coke even in its natural state) and then supplied those drugs to the rest of the world.

whether they are illegal or not the west is still the biggest drugs supplier, drugs that have a massive social and health effect, so this is double standards of the west to lecture afghanistan for example on heroin production (which i dont agree with) when held in comparison to their own legal drug production.

Abu Abdullah
every country has its own right to make whatever drugs they like legal, look at amsterdam, now that is a crazy place! The US doesnt make everyone else accept cigarettes and alcohol, other countries do for whatever their own reasons may be, the us supplies them with these drugs at their request, whereas afghanistan and columbia traffic theirs illegally. I agree drinking and smoking are health hazards, and shouldnt be any more legal than any other drug, however they are and that is what makes it OK to supply them.

Dawud_uk
01-30-2007, 04:52 PM
that is a strange morality, that you dont accept any absolutes on what is or is not morally right, but only on what is legal in that land. i would take the opposite viewpoint myself when it comes to drugs.

Abu Abdullah

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 05:08 PM
that is a strange morality, that you dont accept any absolutes on what is or is not morally right, but only on what is legal in that land. i would take the opposite viewpoint myself when it comes to drugs.

Abu Abdullah
It is probably because I am not 100% against drugs, I have used them myself from time to time. I drink occasionally, I have smoked a cigarette before, and I smoke marijuana occasionally to ease my mind. I dont believe that drugs are bad, I think that they are just like anything, use them with caution and in moderation and there is nothing wrong with it. Jesus drank wine and I am not sure if Prophets in Islam drank wine, but I do know that man has drank since it was first produced, so anyways I dont think drinking is immoral or something that God will hold against me. Cigarettes are a plague, it has been said that they are more addicting than crack cocaine and for whatever reason they are still available to the public with no restriction, marijuana should be legal before cigarettes.(by the way is it OK to smoke marijuana in Islam? Just curious)

as far as me not taking any absolutes that is because the law of the land is all that matters. You can make all drugs legal, but it is still the person using the drugs choice. If cocaine were legal in the US I still wouldnt use it, so see it isnt me not taking absolutes I am just stating what it is in the real world.

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Listen to this frightening story: I have redacted names to protect the victim. This apparently comes from Northern Europe. The language is a bit stilted, I think because of the translation to English. There are many parallels to the first story in this thread, but, happily, the outcome was better for the poor girl.

_____'s Visit to a kuffar Doctor

____ is sick. For several days she has had a light fever and a headache. But ____ did not want to go to the doctor.

"Why go to the doctor for such a trifle?" she said again and again when her mother suggested it. Finally her mother insisted.

"March! Go to Dr. _________ and let him examine you!" her mother ordered.

"Why Dr. _________? He is a kuffar! And no real muslim girl goes to a kuffar," ____ replied.

Her mother laughed.

"Don't talk nonsense! kuffar doctors are all right. They are always chattering nonsense about it at your _______ meetings. What do those girls know about it?"

____ protested.

"Mother, you can say what you want, but you can't slander the ___. You should know that we muslim girls understand the kuffar question better than many of our parents. Our leader gives a short talk about the kuffar nearly every week. Just recently she said: 'A muslim girl may not go to a kuffar doctor! Particularly not a muslim girl ! Because the kuffar want to destroy the muslim people. Many girls who went to a kuffar doctor for healing found instead sickness and shame!' That's what our leader said, Mother. And she's right!"

Her mother grew impatient.

"You always think you know more than the grown-ups. What you said just isn't true. Look, Inge. I know Dr. _______ well. He is a fine doctor."

"But he is a kuffar! And the kuffar are our deadly enemies," ____ replied.

Now her mother became really angry.

"That's enough, you naughty child! Go to Dr. ________ right now! If you don't, I'll teach you how to obey me!"

Her mother screamed and raised her hand.

____ did not want to be disobedient, so she went. Went to the kuffar doctor ______!

____ sits in the waiting room of the kuffar doctor. She had to wait a long time. She leafs through the magazines that are on the table. But she is much too nervous to be able to read more than a few sentences. Again and again she thinks back on the conversation with her mother. And again and again she recalls the warning of her _____: "A muslim may not go to a kuffar doctor! Particularly a muslim girl! Many girls who went to a kuffar doctor for healing found instead sickness and shame!"

As ____ entered the waiting room, she had had a strange experience. From the examination room of the doctor came crying. She heard the voice of a girl:

"Doctor! Doctor! Leave me alone!"

Then she heard the scornful laugh of a man. Then all was suddenly silent. Breathlessly Inge had listened.

"What does all that mean?" she asked herself, and her heart beat faster. Once again she thought of the warnings of her ______.

____ has been waiting for an hour. Again she picks up the magazines and tries to read. Then the door opens. Inge looks up. The kuffar appears. A cry comes from ____ mouth. In terror she lets the newspaper drop. Terrified, she jumps up. Her eyes stare in the face of the kuffar doctor. And this face is the face of the Devil. In the middle of this devilish face sits an enormous crooked nose. Behind the glasses glare two criminal eyes. And a grin runs across the protruding lips. A grin that wants to say: "Now I have you at last, little muslim girl!"

The kuffar comes toward her. His fat fingers grasp for her. But now ____ has recovered. Before the kuffar can grab her she hits the fat face of the kuffar-doctor. Then a leap to the door. Breathlessly ____ runs down the steps. Breathlessly she dashes out of the kuffar-house.

In tears she returns home. Her mother is shocked to see her child.

"For God's sake, ____! What happened?"

It is a long time before the child can say anything. Finally ____ tells about her experience with the kuffar-doctor. Her mother listens in horror. And when ____ finishes her story, her mother lowers her head in shame.

"____, I shouldn't have sent you to a kuffar doctor. When you left I regretted it. I couldn't relax. I wanted to call you back. I suspected suddenly that you were right. I suspected that something would happen to you. But everything came out all right, Praise be to Alla(PBUH)!"

Her mother moans, and tries to conceal her tears.

Gradually ____ calms down. She laughs again. "Mother, you've done a lot for me. Thank you. But you have to promise me something: about the ___ . . . "

Her mother doesn't let her finish.

"I know what you want to say, ____. I promise. I'm finding that one can learn even from you children."

___ nods.

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Peace,

How many people in this story? 2?

It also doesn't always end like that! unfortunately,

bye tc

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Listen to this frightening story: I have redacted names to protect the victim. This apparently comes from Northern Europe. The language is a bit stilted, I think because of the translation to English. There are many parallels to the first story in this thread, but, happily, the outcome was better for the poor girl.

_____'s Visit to a kuffar Doctor

____ is sick. For several days she has had a light fever and a headache. But ____ did not want to go to the doctor.

"Why go to the doctor for such a trifle?" she said again and again when her mother suggested it. Finally her mother insisted.

"March! Go to Dr. _________ and let him examine you!" her mother ordered.

"Why Dr. _________? He is a kuffar! And no real muslim girl goes to a kuffar," ____ replied.

Her mother laughed.

"Don't talk nonsense! kuffar doctors are all right. They are always chattering nonsense about it at your _______ meetings. What do those girls know about it?"

____ protested.

"Mother, you can say what you want, but you can't slander the ___. You should know that we muslim girls understand the kuffar question better than many of our parents. Our leader gives a short talk about the kuffar nearly every week. Just recently she said: 'A muslim girl may not go to a kuffar doctor! Particularly not a muslim girl ! Because the kuffar want to destroy the muslim people. Many girls who went to a kuffar doctor for healing found instead sickness and shame!' That's what our leader said, Mother. And she's right!"

Her mother grew impatient.

"You always think you know more than the grown-ups. What you said just isn't true. Look, Inge. I know Dr. _______ well. He is a fine doctor."

"But he is a kuffar! And the kuffar are our deadly enemies," ____ replied.

Now her mother became really angry.

"That's enough, you naughty child! Go to Dr. ________ right now! If you don't, I'll teach you how to obey me!"

Her mother screamed and raised her hand.

____ did not want to be disobedient, so she went. Went to the kuffar doctor ______!

____ sits in the waiting room of the kuffar doctor. She had to wait a long time. She leafs through the magazines that are on the table. But she is much too nervous to be able to read more than a few sentences. Again and again she thinks back on the conversation with her mother. And again and again she recalls the warning of her _____: "A muslim may not go to a kuffar doctor! Particularly a muslim girl! Many girls who went to a kuffar doctor for healing found instead sickness and shame!"

As ____ entered the waiting room, she had had a strange experience. From the examination room of the doctor came crying. She heard the voice of a girl:

"Doctor! Doctor! Leave me alone!"

Then she heard the scornful laugh of a man. Then all was suddenly silent. Breathlessly Inge had listened.

"What does all that mean?" she asked herself, and her heart beat faster. Once again she thought of the warnings of her ______.

____ has been waiting for an hour. Again she picks up the magazines and tries to read. Then the door opens. Inge looks up. The kuffar appears. A cry comes from ____ mouth. In terror she lets the newspaper drop. Terrified, she jumps up. Her eyes stare in the face of the kuffar doctor. And this face is the face of the Devil. In the middle of this devilish face sits an enormous crooked nose. Behind the glasses glare two criminal eyes. And a grin runs across the protruding lips. A grin that wants to say: "Now I have you at last, little muslim girl!"

The kuffar comes toward her. His fat fingers grasp for her. But now ____ has recovered. Before the kuffar can grab her she hits the fat face of the kuffar-doctor. Then a leap to the door. Breathlessly ____ runs down the steps. Breathlessly she dashes out of the kuffar-house.

In tears she returns home. Her mother is shocked to see her child.

"For God's sake, ____! What happened?"

It is a long time before the child can say anything. Finally ____ tells about her experience with the kuffar-doctor. Her mother listens in horror. And when ____ finishes her story, her mother lowers her head in shame.

"____, I shouldn't have sent you to a kuffar doctor. When you left I regretted it. I couldn't relax. I wanted to call you back. I suspected suddenly that you were right. I suspected that something would happen to you. But everything came out all right, Praise be to Alla(PBUH)!"

Her mother moans, and tries to conceal her tears.

Gradually ____ calms down. She laughs again. "Mother, you've done a lot for me. Thank you. But you have to promise me something: about the ___ . . . "

Her mother doesn't let her finish.

"I know what you want to say, ____. I promise. I'm finding that one can learn even from you children."

___ nods.
THIS IS PURE GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN BY THE MODERATOR'S. THIS IS NOTHING BUT PROPOGANDA AND FRANKLY VERY INSULTING TO THE "KUFFAR" AS THIS ARTICLE CALLS IT.

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Peace,

the above may be removed (if poster dont mind), it doesn't bother me,

to tell the truth, it didn't prove nothing, and i didn't find it realistic, it was slightly confusing!

Don't take offence ppl, just ignore it :D

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 05:49 PM
THIS IS PURE GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN BY THE MODERATOR'S. THIS IS NOTHING BUT PROPOGANDA AND FRANKLY VERY INSULTING TO THE "KUFFAR" AS THIS ARTICLE CALLS IT.
Indeed it is. Utter garbage. The lowest form. That is my point about propaganda. One has to be on guard. If one repeats a story enough times, it begins to take on credibility among those predisposed to believe it. Note the same types of manipulation contained in the original story. It is a time-tested technique.

In fact, it dates to 1936, pre-war Germany. You can doutless deduce the rest.

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Indeed it is. Utter garbage. The lowest form. That is my point about propaganda. One has to be on guard. If one repeats a story enough times, it begins to take on credibility among those predisposed to believe it. Note the same types of manipulation contained in the original story. It is a time-tested technique.

In fact, it dates to 1936, pre-war Germany. You can doutless deduce the rest.
Your story was nothing compared to the real life on my thread :rant: :offended:

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
If you know it is fake then why post it as if it is real?? I don't get it. I don't think this fire needs any more fuel on it thanks.

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 05:55 PM
^^ He thinks making up his own story would show that mine was fake? :confused:

what you think about his made up story @ Tomtomsmom

:offended:

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I think it is uncalled for. To make up things like this while others are discussing serious REAL problems is only going to put more anger into the discussion. I am not sure why it was posted, perhaps that is what is behind it. This is a very sensitive subject on all sides and for someone to make up a story like that makes me angry. Sorry if I upset anyone but you asked and that is how I feel.

Keltoi
01-30-2007, 06:08 PM
I think it is uncalled for. To make up things like this while others are discussing serious REAL problems is only going to put more anger into the discussion. I am not sure why it was posted, perhaps that is what is behind it. This is a very sensitive subject on all sides and for someone to make up a story like that makes me angry. Sorry if I upset anyone but you asked and that is how I feel.
His point for posting that story is exactly what you are criticizing him for. A story without any backing documentation or evidence can be repeated enough times that people who wish to believe it will believe it.

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 06:08 PM
^^ Thanks for being honest sis, i totally understand you

:(

This link was posted earlier by brother chuck,

http://www.iraktribunal.de/dokus/stu...women_igc.html

I thought i'd re-post it, so that others are aware, these things do happen, for real.

We should pray for them and not waste our time making up riduculous stories

*ahem*

Peace be upon those who follow guidance :)

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 06:09 PM
If you know it is fake then why post it as if it is real?? I don't get it. I don't think this fire needs any more fuel on it thanks.
I didn't "make it up". It is a nearly verbatim transcript of a racist screed from 1936 Germany that was used to fire up those predisposed to hate those who were unlike them.

Substitute "kuffar" for xxxx...etc etc

It struck me that the original story, which was completely unattributed, had worrisome parallels. I don't mean to add fuel, instead I was trying to add some ater to the fire, in a provocative way, of course.

If such a thing as described in the original story did happen to a real person, it is, indeed vile, but caution is warranted in accepting such stories given the ovious emotional impact they have on readers.

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I can actually see his point behind it, however since the story posted is obviously fake it doesnt make the stand the poster what trying to make. I think what he is saying is not to believe everything you read, and who knows the original post may not be a true story, and the Lord knows I hope it isnt, but if it is and not knowing that it isnt I still feel compelled to give my sympathies.

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 06:17 PM
I realize that things that get repeated over and over again stick around and seem to become true. Maybe next time it could be handled differently. Instead of posting it and waiting to see the tempers flare and the fights start and then explain yourself you should explain your intent from the begining.

As for saying things that aren't true over and over and then they become trusted lets ALL SAY TOGETHER.......... Bush isn't really the president! Bush isn't really the president! Bush isn't really the president! :p

MTAFFI
01-30-2007, 06:21 PM

As for saying things that aren't true over and over and then they become trusted lets ALL SAY TOGETHER.......... Bush isn't really the president! Bush isn't really the president! Bush isn't really the president! :p
lol:happy:

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Atleast we agree on something :)

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I realize that things that get repeated over and over again stick around and seem to become true. Maybe next time it could be handled differently. Instead of posting it and waiting to see the tempers flare and the fights start and then explain yourself you should explain your intent from the begining.

Let us presume, for the sake of discussion, that the original story was cooked up by some propagandist, then repeated, via the internet by those with a hatred toward Americans and other "non-believers" because their world view permitted them to believe the story without proof.

Wouldn't that be inflammatory? How would that further better understanding between the peoples of the Earth?

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't hate Americans or non-believers-Thank you very much!

imsad I just want you to open your eyes and realise, there are many people suffering out there,

I just want everyone to pray for them :)

Peace!

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Let us presume, for the sake of discussion, that the original story was cooked up by some propagandist, then repeated, via the internet by those with a hatred toward Americans and other "non-believers" because their world view permitted them to believe the story without proof.

Wouldn't that be inflammatory? How would that further better understanding between the peoples of the Earth?
It wouldn't. That is why it shouldn't be repeated if it is not true. And if you can't provide any type of proof that it is real then you shouldn't post it either. If you are taking a story from the 1930's and changing it to scare people today then sorry to offend but that is wrong. It is easy to point fingers and say you are right or you are wrong. That isn't what this thread is supposed to be about so why don't we just agree to disagree and stop hijacking this tread for nonsense ok?

Keltoi
01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
It wouldn't. That is why it shouldn't be repeated if it is not true. And if you can't provide any type of proof that it is real then you shouldn't post it either. If you are taking a story from the 1930's and changing it to scare people today then sorry to offend but that is wrong. It is easy to point fingers and say you are right or you are wrong. That isn't what this thread is supposed to be about so why don't we just agree to disagree and stop hijacking this tread for nonsense ok?
Where is the "evidence" for the rape story? Besides a narrative from unknown sources?

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 06:33 PM

BTW....that won't work. If you know the propaganda is propaganda then it isn't propaganda any more :happy: You will just have to wait for McCain or Giuliani to be elected in 2008 :happy:

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 06:34 PM

imsad I just want you to open your eyes and realise, there are many people suffering out there,

Peace!
Thank you, it really hurts when people say they hate all americans because of what our government and alot of retarded slodiers have done. I do not agree with any of it and it is very nice to know that there are people out there that realize the difference. My eyes are open and I see the hate that has come from the actions of my goverment and it makes me so mad I want to scream at the stupid politicans and poke them in the eye with a dull pencil!!!!!:rant: :rant: :rant:

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you, it really hurts when people say they hate all americans because of what our government and alot of retarded slodiers have done. I do not agree with any of it and it is very nice to know that there are people out there that realize the difference. My eyes are open and I see the hate that has come from the actions of my goverment and it makes me so mad I want to scream at the stupid politicans and poke them in the eye with a dull pencil!!!!!:rant: :rant: :rant:
Your a very nice person, i want to do worse.

But at the moment there isn't much i can do, to make a huge difference,

imsad

Some people just don't get it, do they!

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 06:36 PM
BTW....that won't work. If you know the propaganda is propaganda then it isn't propaganda any more :happy: You will just have to wait for McCain or Giuliani to be elected in 2008 :happy:

McCain......Giuliani..............OHHHHH NOOOO SAY IT AINT SOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If another republican gets in office I am MOVING!!!!!!!

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Your a very nice person, i want to do worse.

But at the moment there isn't much i can do, to make a huge difference,

imsad

Some people just don't get it, do they!

No they don't get it. I wish more people did. Ya know I actually got turned down for a nanny job because my husband is from Jordan and is a muslim!!!!!!! Stupid people really get my blood boiling:mad: :mad:

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 06:40 PM
And i wish exactly the same :)

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
With all due respect, questioning the veracity of the story which is the central thesis of the thread is not a thread hijack. Nor do I think the use of irony or satire is "nonsense". It is an established method to elucidate one's point.

If the "purpose" of the thread is to express sympathy for the alleged victim, even if there is no victim, would you agree that would be "nonsense".

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 06:46 PM
With all due respect, questioning the veracity of the story which is the central thesis of the thread is not a thread hijack. Nor do I think the use of irony or satire is "nonsense". It is an established method to elucidate one's point.

If the "purpose" of the thread is to express sympathy for the alleged victim, even if there is no victim, would you agree that would be "nonsense".
Even if there is no victim in this particlar case I think we can all agree that there are many victims like this all over the world that deserve our symapthy and prayers. I have no intent to argue with you. My posting on this matter is over.

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 06:55 PM

Peace!
I am glad to hear you don't hate Americans...and, yes, there are people suffering, as there were when Hussein was in power. They were pushed off of buildings or gassed or gunned down in dusty shallow graves by the hundreds. That was different, of course :cry:

In fact, there has always been human suffering. It existed before the Jamestown Colony or the American Revolution. It existed even before George Bush was elected.

I too would like to see suffering end and I will join you in that prayer, but I think that fanning the flames of hatred, whether it is intended or not, is not going to help the matter.

Cognescenti
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Even if there is no victim in this particlar case I think we can all agree that there are many victims like this all over the world that deserve our symapthy and prayers. I have no intent to argue with you. My posting on this matter is over.
I ask only that you think critically. No argument is needed.

Cheers

Chuck
01-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Where is the "evidence" for the rape story? Besides a narrative from unknown sources?
Source of the story in OP: http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle06.shtml

This the following report has more sources for similar cases:
Iraqi female detainees have been illegally detained, raped and sexually violated by United States military personnel. Women who stay at home in traditional roles are more likely to be imprisoned as bargaining chips by US troops seeking to pressurize male relatives, according to the New Statesmen (UK)[1]. In December 2003, a woman prisoner, “Noor”, smuggled out a note stating that US guards at Abu Ghraib had been raping women detainees and forcing them to strip naked. Several of the women were now pregnant.[2] The classified enquiry launched by the US military, headed by Major General Antonio Taguba, has confirmed the note by “Noor” and that sexual violence against women at Abu Ghraib took place. Among the 1,800 digital photographs taken by US guards inside Abu Ghraib there were, according to Taguba's report, images of naked male and female detainees; a male Military Police guard “having sex” with a female detainee; detainees (of unspecified gender) forcibly arranged in various sexually explicit positions for photographing; and naked female detainees.[3] The Bush administration has refused to release photographs of Iraqi women prisoners at Abu Ghraib, including those of women forced at gunpoint to bare their breasts (although these have been shown to Congress). [4] UK Member of Parliament Ann Clwyd (L) has confirmed a report of an Iraqi woman in her 70s who had been harnessed and ridden like a donkey at Abu Ghraib and another coalition detention centre after being arrested last July. Clwyd said: "She was held for about six weeks without charge. During that time she was insulted and told she was a donkey."[5]

http://www.iraktribunal.de/dokus/stu...women_igc.html

Zone Maker
01-30-2007, 10:54 PM

I would like to share these articles:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...223338,00.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...ticle_continue
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MGF77DFKC1.DTL
http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=1670
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/042...2,53784,6.html

:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I hope thats enough for you guys now...

Keltoi
01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
I hope thats enough for you guys now...
Not really. Just more accusations without any proof besides heresay and far left propaganda. If any soldier is found guilty by a court of law with proper evidence brought against him I would believe it. Articles on far left websites and the "Guardian" aren't reliable to me. We'll see where the stories go, and whether these supposed crimes are anything other than misinformation. If in the future these stories are found to be credible, I will gladly admit my mistake.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Didnt u or someone quote "guardian" in another thread. Wow, too many confusions...make up ur mind guys....sigh. Like 10 diff sites and all accusations...whatever u say mate.

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Not really. Just more accusations without any proof besides heresay and far left propaganda. If any soldier is found guilty by a court of law with proper evidence brought against him I would believe it. Articles on far left websites and the "Guardian" aren't reliable to me. We'll see where the stories go, and whether these supposed crimes are anything other than misinformation. If in the future these stories are found to be credible, I will gladly admit my mistake.
Can you clarify for me please. Are you saying that you don't think that any of these can possibly be true?

Keltoi
01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Didnt u or someone quote "guardian" in another thread. Wow, too many confusions...make up ur mind guys....sigh. Like 10 diff sites and all accusations...whatever u say mate.
I don't know about others, but I've never quoted the Guardian for anything.

Keltoi
01-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Can you clarify for me please. Are you saying that you don't think that any of these can possibly be true?
Could they possibly be true? I suppose anything is possible. However, repeating accusations doesn't make them true. I also find it odd that the women who supposedly claimed they were raped have "disappeared", so they cannot be contacted for further verification. There is nothing in the way of evidence from any of these articles, only accusations and politics. I blame most of this on Abu Ghraib, which was a travesty on many levels.

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Could they possibly be true? I suppose anything is possible. However, repeating accusations doesn't make them true. I also find it odd that the women who supposedly claimed they were raped have "disappeared", so they cannot be contacted for further verification. There is nothing in the way of evidence from any of these articles, only accusations and politics. I blame most of this on Abu Ghraib, which was a travesty on many levels.
What happened in Abu Ghraib was disgusting. I come from a long line of people who served in the USA military and know alot of military men that are in Iraq right now. I have heard firsthand the stories of how the "enemy" is treated in times of war. There are alot of unstable soliders over there. Look at what they do when they come home. Shall I pull up articles from US news sources to show you how alot of soldiers have come home and beaten and killed their wives? If they can do that to someone they love then it is not such a far stretch to believe what they are accused of doing in Iraq.

Count DeSheep
01-31-2007, 12:23 AM
What I saw on the news about Abu Ghraib was the soldiers taking pictures of naked Iraqis with black bags over their heads...I've not heard a word about rape until now.

And people get mad at me for hating Americans...Tch.

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep
What I saw on the news about Abu Ghraib was the soldiers taking pictures of naked Iraqis with black bags over their heads...I've not heard a word about rape until now.

And people get mad at me for hating Americans...Tch.
They also forced them to lay on top of each other in a huge pile naked among other things that I do not care to mention because it make me sick to my stomache.

May I ask...... why do you hate me?

Count DeSheep
01-31-2007, 12:47 AM
May I ask...... why do you hate me?
"I come from a long line of people who served in the USA military..."

Among many other things, they committed genocide, provoked wars with land-stealing Mexicans, tortued thousands of my people to death, stood by and watched genocide elsewhere in the world, and allow their military the chance to go off raping people without publicy punishing and denouncing the offenders or apologizing.

The link below is an accurate take on how America got involved in WWII.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_DJRAUnIM

I will be happy to continue our discussion in another thread so that others can join, over PM, or end it at this. Your call. I don't want to take the focus off of the thread's topic.

My answer to tomtomsmom:
Ladies first. XP
And yes, civil manner. Uh-huh.

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 12:49 AM
Yes perhaps a new thread should be started because I would like to discuss this further with other peoples input. But only if it can be done in a civil manner please!

EDIT:Shall I start it you woul you like to?

SilentObserver
01-31-2007, 06:28 AM
1 in 4?! Please provide some data for this one, I don't believe that. Not in my country for sure.

SilentObserver
01-31-2007, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
yeah but not everybody reports it either :rollseyes
Especially not in a country where the rape victim can be punished. (ie. Pakistan, etc)

SilentObserver
01-31-2007, 06:37 AM
LOL! Oh pahleease! This was written in an 8th grade fiction class.

MTAFFI
01-31-2007, 02:29 PM
What happened in Abu Ghraib was disgusting. I come from a long line of people who served in the USA military and know alot of military men that are in Iraq right now. I have heard firsthand the stories of how the "enemy" is treated in times of war. There are alot of unstable soliders over there. Look at what they do when they come home. Shall I pull up articles from US news sources to show you how alot of soldiers have come home and beaten and killed their wives? If they can do that to someone they love then it is not such a far stretch to believe what they are accused of doing in Iraq.
please do show some of these articles

IbnAbdulHakim
01-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Yes perhaps a new thread should be started because I would like to discuss this further with other peoples input. But only if it can be done in a civil manner please!

EDIT:Shall I start it you woul you like to?
please do start the thread

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
please do show some of these articles
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...gle&id=4940518
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...gle&id=4697940
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...gle&id=4405683
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...gle&id=4145643
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=4031520
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...gle&id=3808274
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...gle&id=3657080
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=3655658

I hope these will be good enough but if not let me know and I will keep digging. I got these from the archives of my local news station. Because it is archive news they have been shortened as much as possible to retain space on the site.Problem is that archived stories off of news websites get deleted after like 1 1/2 years. There are many stories out there. These are all from my local military base. Fort Bragg is in NC and is an army base.

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 03:31 PM
please do start the thread
The thread has been started. http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...americans.html

Keltoi
01-31-2007, 03:34 PM
There have been documented cases of battle stress having adverse effects on domestic life when the soldier returns home. That isn't new to this conflict. Some people just can't cope, and sometimes that leads to horrible crimes.

Cognescenti
01-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Linking to a daisy chain of incestuous websites which parrot each other does not constitute proof. I can point you to a dozen websites which claim that Jews or the American military or the State of Israel planned or <insert name of hated conspiratorial entitiy here> the 9-11 attacks. Surely, no creature capable of forming a rational thought would believe such obvious rubbish....would they? You have seen what happens when genuine wrongdoing is discovered in the US. Presidents are forced to resign (Nixon), wrongdoers are prosecuted (Lt Calley at My Lai), officers are fired (general at Abu Ghraib for eg.). Does it not at least give you pause there is no furhter confirmation of this? You have your world view. If a story confirms to yur worldview, it appears you accept it unquestioningly, because you want it to be true.

BTW in the case of The Guardian...I do find it to be a very good newspaper...the paper i sof the highest quality and is, therefore, is quite absorbant and is good to line a birdcage with.

Keltoi
01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Linking to a daisy chain of incestuous websites which parrot each other does not constitute proof. I can point you to a dozen websites which claim that Jews or the American military or the State of Israel planned or <insert name of hated conspiratorial entitiy here> the 9-11 attacks. Surely, no creature capable of forming a rational thought would believe such obvious rubbish....would they? You have seen what happens when genuine wrongdoing is discovered in the US. Presidents are forced to resign (Nixon), wrongdoers are prosecuted (Lt Calley at My Lai), officers are fired (general at Abu Ghraib for eg.). Does it not at least give you pause there is no furhter confirmation of this? You have your world view. If a story confirms to yur worldview, it appears you accept it unquestioningly, because you want it to be true.

BTW in the case of The Guardian...I do find it to be a very good newspaper...the paper i sof the highest quality and is, therefore, is quite absorbant and is good to line a birdcage with.
lol...that was a good one about The Guardian newspaper. Reps for having a good sense of humor.

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 05:16 PM
So is MSNBC a credible news source???http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13780108/
Granted this isn't the same story but it does help to believe that this story could be credible.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-31-2007, 05:57 PM
lol good sense of humor for havin nuthing to do with my post. Dont take my simple post out of proportion.

Cognescenti
01-31-2007, 06:11 PM
So is MSNBC a credible news source???http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13780108/
Granted this isn't the same story but it does help to believe that this story could be credible.
This is the Mahmoudiya case which is already a topic in another thread. One soldier is already convicted in this case.

Look, the point is not that members of the US military never do anything wrong. That would be a ludicrous assertion. They do, rarely, and when discoverd, they are punished severely. They should be punished. They harm US credibility, particularly among those inclined to be distrustful of US intentions.

The point is..the story at the start of this thread has cynnical emotional appeal written all over it...it smells like propaganda to me. Where is the claimant? Why isn't the US media all over the story? They are all over any story when they smell blood. Many people on this board, perhaps, don't understand how an independant media works in an open, pluralistic democracy. A healthy dose of skepticism is in order here, no matter how much the story tugs at your heartstrings, you still have to pull back and ask....wait a minute..am I being manipulated here?

Note, for eg., a favorite of Al Quaeda in Iraq was to demand the release of "female prisoners" after abducting some westerner and threatening to saw his head off. Yet, these are the same chaps who blow up marketplaces full of women and children and, for that matter, innocent men. Clearly, they have no real concern about women. It is all about the manipulation of public sentiment. Note the disquieting connection to this story (female prsioner). This has the same emotional appeal as the Nazi propaganda I posted from the 1930's....more sophisticated, yes, but I find the similarities troubling.

Have you noticed there aren't any more claims of attacks on "wedding parties"? Is that because some US General sent out an order saying.."OK guys, would you stop attacking wedding parties"?

No..that would be silly, wouldn't it? There are no more claims of attacks on wedding parties because the propagandists from the other side realized the claim had become hackneyed, and even a joke. Even Al Jazeera wasn't buying it anyomre. Have you noticed there aren't any more beheading videos? That is because it was found to be counterproductive because it began to cause backlash among the Islamic public. Can't have that...they might stop donating to the Jihad..or stop sending there sons to be taped to the steering wheels of suicide vans.

This is likely propaganda iteration number 3 or 4 or....whatever we are on now. I am not buying it. You can if you wish.

MTAFFI
01-31-2007, 07:12 PM
This is the Mahmoudiya case which is already a topic in another thread. One soldier is already convicted in this case.

Look, the point is not that members of the US military never do anything wrong. That would be a ludicrous assertion. They do, rarely, and when discoverd, they are punished severely. They should be punished. They harm US credibility, particularly among those inclined to be distrustful of US intentions.

The point is..the story at the start of this thread has cynnical emotional appeal written all over it...it smells like propaganda to me. Where is the claimant? Why isn't the US media all over the story? They are all over any story when they smell blood. Many people on this board, perhaps, don't understand how an independant media works in an open, pluralistic democracy. A healthy dose of skepticism is in order here, no matter how much the story tugs at your heartstrings, you still have to pull back and ask....wait a minute..am I being manipulated here?

Note, for eg., a favorite of Al Quaeda in Iraq was to demand the release of "female prisoners" after abducting some westerner and threatening to saw his head off. Yet, these are the same chaps who blow up marketplaces full of women and children and, for that matter, innocent men. Clearly, they have no real concern about women. It is all about the manipulation of public sentiment. Note the disquieting connection to this story (female prsioner). This has the same emotional appeal as the Nazi propaganda I posted from the 1930's....more sophisticated, yes, but I find the similarities troubling.

Have you noticed there aren't any more claims of attacks on "wedding parties"? Is that because some US General sent out an order saying.."OK guys, would you stop attacking wedding parties"?

No..that would be silly, wouldn't it? There are no more claims of attacks on wedding parties because the propagandists from the other side realized the claim had become hackneyed, and even a joke. Even Al Jazeera wasn't buying it anyomre. Have you noticed there aren't any more beheading videos? That is because it was found to be counterproductive because it began to cause backlash among the Islamic public. Can't have that...they might stop donating to the Jihad..or stop sending there sons to be taped to the steering wheels of suicide vans.

This is likely propaganda iteration number 3 or 4 or....whatever we are on now. I am not buying it. You can if you wish.
I agree, many times on this site you hear alot of people pointing out the US propoganda but no one ever really points out what you have above. Maybe people will your post and think about it with more than a one sided view. These terrorists are excellent at spreading lies and propoganda to gain the trust and backing of fellow members of Islam. It is a shame many fall into just because they feel tied to certain people because of the belief that they supposedly share, when the other side doesnt actually follow Islam at all (or so it seems through the carless actions that they take).

Cognescenti
01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
lol good sense of humor for havin nuthing to do with my post. Dont take my simple post out of proportion.

Tayyaba:

You are going to have to stop agreeing with me. It is taking all the fun out of it. :sunny:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-31-2007, 08:31 PM
What did we agree on?:confused:
We haven't seem to have gotten there yet lol.

Cognescenti
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
What did we agree on?:confused:
We haven't seem to have gotten there yet lol.
Aj caramba. It seems I am forever misunderstanding your comments. In that case, you are going to move off of your position becaue I am not feeling convinced yet. :happy:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
^^Lol, I have NO idea what ur talking about mate...
I'll just leave it there cuz I dont wana go off topic

Peace

Pk_#2
02-01-2007, 03:54 PM
:threadclo

*This was not meant to be an argumentative thread* imsad

Pray for the ummah!

MTAFFI
02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
^^LOL you arent a moderator you cant close a thread...:happy:

Re.TiReD
02-01-2007, 04:11 PM
:sl: subhanALLAH! I read this thread and :cry: :cry: :cry: did anybody here of sister Noor in 2001 I think it was...she passed away whilst in Abu Ghraib :cry: many people wonder if it is still 'running' or whatever but the thing is....for every place or prison that closed down...or for every brother or sister that either dies in captivity or is released, in comes another to greet the dark days of pain and suffering :cry:

subhanAllah, this ummah is going through so much right now....make du'aa always Insha'Allah :w:

Pk_#2
02-01-2007, 04:27 PM
^^LOL you arent a moderator you cant close a thread...:happy:

MTAFFI
02-01-2007, 04:48 PM
^^ Tasmiyah I didnt mean to offend you I am sorry, I just thought it was funny you decided to use that stamp... LOL:happy:

Pk_#2
02-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Fair enough bro, :)

جوري
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM

These are the sort of sick a$$holes they send over there..Do you think they will sacrifice decent people? No, it is just your typical loser drop-outs who instead of robbing the local mart, got some $30000 scholarship to go rape young women torture and maim random people, and come back heroes when they are less than animals!... May God **** them to torture constant and eternal in this life and the hereafter along with those who support them
Ameen

peace!

جوري
11-25-2007, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:sl: subhanALLAH! I read this thread and :cry: :cry: :cry: did anybody here of sister Noor in 2001 I think it was...she passed away whilst in Abu Ghraib :cry: many people wonder if it is still 'running' or whatever but the thing is....for every place or prison that closed down...or for every brother or sister that either dies in captivity or is released, in comes another to greet the dark days of pain and suffering :cry:

subhanAllah, this ummah is going through so much right now....make du'aa always Insha'Allah :w:
Patience.. insha'Allah patience..

أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَن تَدْخُلُواْ الْجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَأْتِكُم مَّثَلُ الَّذِينَ خَلَوْاْ مِن قَبْلِكُم مَّسَّتْهُمُ الْبَأْسَاء وَالضَّرَّاء وَزُلْزِلُواْ حَتَّى يَقُولَ الرَّسُولُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ مَعَهُ مَتَى نَصْرُ اللّهِ أَلا إِنَّ نَصْرَ اللّهِ قَرِيبٌ {214}
[Shakir 2:214] Or do you think that you would enter the garden while yet the state of those who have passed away before you has not come upon you; distress and affliction befell them and they were shaken violently, so that the Messenger and those who believed with him said: When will the help of Allah come? Now surely the help of Allah is nigh!

:w:

Umm Hurairah
11-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

OMG! Subhan Allah I can't stop crying...Subhan Allah...Subhan Allah...OMG...

Ummu Sufyaan
11-26-2007, 05:40 AM
subhanallah, what a tragic story. i just cant help but wonder about the clowns running certain countries.

yashal
11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
my head is spinning.........
I pray to Allah that HE wake the muslims up
Nadia
I am very sorrowful....it is really a deep pain in my heart.....Please forgive us........these are our blunders.....we are doing nothing against americans cruelities.........they should be totally crushed at this.....

aamirsaab
11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Thread locked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.