/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ear problem

mohammed farah
01-26-2007, 05:23 AM
one of my friends tried to wake me by chucking water over my face but that didnt work so when i got up by myself a few hours later one of my ear was feeling a bit numb and he said some of the water wnet in there and now i cant feel my earwax what could the problem be:cry: :cry: :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
01-26-2007, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
one of my friends tried to wake me by chucking water over my face but that didnt work so when i got up by myself a few hours later one of my ear was feeling a bit numb what could the problem be:cry: :cry: :cry:
maybe coz u where sleepong on that side of ur face 4 too long....

once i woke up n my hand was like paralized for like 5min... must hav been sleepin on oen side 4 the whole night lol :offended:

all the best insh

btw wake up 4 fajr, otherwise ur ears get filled with .... +o(

:w: :D

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Has it got better since? If not you should get checked out by your doctor.

mohammed farah
01-26-2007, 11:33 PM
its gotten better but when i still shake my head i can hear my own ear drum shake

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AQSA
01-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Try putting 1 drop of water in your ear, it should join with the existing drop sitting in your ear and eventually pour out both drops as warm liquid. Works all the time water gets trapped- however this is not challenge for the faint hearted or whimps...

Snowflake
01-27-2007, 12:09 AM
pull your ear lobe gently... if it's painful it means you have water in your ear.. (swimmer's ear)

to get rid of it you can try the following..

1) Bend your head and body forward, so that you are standing and you are facing your knees 2) Come up until your head is now facing the floor and turn you head to just one side, so that your ear is facing the floor. Pump your upper body a couple times up and down. You may have to repeat this 2-3 times to get the water out.

If that doesn't work.. try one of these three things.

1) mix 50-50 white vinegar and distilled water.
2) 50-50 mix of water and isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) peroxide (read instructions on bottle)

For 1 & 2 Pour less than half capful into ear. Shake head, tilt head so ear is towards floor and let the water pour out holding a tissue underneath.

I don't think u need to do ^this if u use alcohol, as it should dry the water out. But check with pharmacist just in case.

wa alaikum aslam

mohammed farah
01-27-2007, 12:24 AM
thanks for all the tips you guys ill try it

Abdul-Raouf
01-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Pray two rakah nafil..... with ful faith... concentration........ and pleed to ALLAH... to cure it......... this is the best solution for every problem

netprince
01-27-2007, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
Pray two rakah nafil..... with ful faith... concentration........ and pleed to ALLAH... to cure it......... this is the best solution for every problem
I was just about the make some kind of erm semi-serious/funny remark when i saw Muzammils posts above. Certainly cant argue with that and Inshallah that will always work in every situation.

Al-Zaara
01-27-2007, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
:sl:

When you've done that, and it's still not getting better, go see a doctor.

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) states: Anas ibn Malik narrates:

“One day Prophet Muhammad, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it and he asked the Bedouin, “Why don't you tie down your camel?” The Bedouin answered,
“I put my trust in Allah.” The Prophet then said, “Tie your camel first,
and put your trust in Allah.” (Tirmidhi)

Muslim Knight
01-27-2007, 12:08 PM
For the last 2 weeks I was plagued by the same problem. I was trying to clean my ears with water but the problem got worse and I temporarily lost the hearing of my right ear. A friend doctor checked it up for me and said that I've got heavy wax buildup and it had blocked the ear canal. Apparently the water that got inside hardened the wax so subsequent irrigating couldn't help.

I bought this eardrop Cerumol. Five drops into the affected ear while lying down for an hour or until the morning. It will help loosening the ear wax. 2-3 times a day. The wax should come out by the fourth day. In my case it took the whole week. It just cleared up yesterday.

Precaution: Do not use if the eardrum is perforated (pierced with sharp object, sonic trauma) or more than 4 days. In my case I was willing to take the risk of using it for the whole week (hey, it worked).

If condition persists, there's always the doctor. Specifically the ENT (Ear, nose and throat). He can dig out the wax for you. And it feels extremely good afterwards. Believe me.

mohammed farah
01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
guess what my ear is fine now thanks alot for all the tips brothers and sisters.

wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.