/* */

PDA

View Full Version : youtube user leaves islam

mohammed farah
01-26-2007, 12:36 PM
"After finding Allah last week, I have come to the realization that it was just "certian substances of an illicit nature" that made me think that I'd found Allah. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWCBk1E38Ow

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

approx 1/5 of reverts later turn apostate, it is sad but true and many of them come to islam for the wrong reasons or are never taught the correct authentic islam to start with so are angered when they are feeling misled by other muslims.

on the other hand about 4/5 of those who leave islam for another faith or no faith at all do return to a more authentic version of islam and complain they left because they never understood islam in the first place such as many of the videos of former muslims the christians speak to are rafadiyyah or ahlus bidah or were never practicing and had cultural understandings of islam.

lol, to be honest though never heard of anyone being drugged into islam, seems a little bit desperate approach to getting more reverts.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

S_87
01-26-2007, 12:47 PM
:sl:

this video seems a bit dodgy. makes me wonder what exactly his aim is

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Drugged :muddlehea :uuh: :rolleyes:

Asataghfirullah, we don't need that approach, loadsa people convert to Islam everyday! Alhamdhulillah :D

pshhh! :eek:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
he said the local islamic centre wouldn't give him a quran

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

this video seems a bit dodgy. makes me wonder what exactly his aim is
I can't even see the vid, what's it about sis?

Woodrow
01-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I find the video to be a bit suspicious at the least. If he is honest, then I would say he came into Islam for all of the wrong reasons and discovered that he had no idea what he was doing and he is now looking for an explanation as to why he did it.

Malaikah
01-26-2007, 12:59 PM

Er well all I can say is May Allah swt guide him.

glo
01-26-2007, 01:01 PM
This guy seems a little strange, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he wasn't under the influence of whatever substance during the making of this video too ...
(Incidentally, I would be quite interested to watch the first video he is referring to)

But I have to respect his stance that he will not 'believe anything under the influence of illegal substances' and that he will keep an open mind until he has read the whole Qu'ran. That sounds like a pretty positive attitude to me ...

Are the mods going to allow this thread, or could it be perceived as anti-Islamic?

peace

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Well seeing as it is a youtube user, anyone on youtube can 'pretend to leave Islam', (not saying he/she is lying, but he/she might be-not assuming either...but you'know) :shade:

It's just so simple and easy to do,

Youtube is like the media :Evil:

Pure evil i tell you :rolleyes:

I really wana see the video now :D

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh :)

glo
01-26-2007, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Well seeing as it is a youtube user, anyone on youtube can 'pretend to leave Islam', (not saying he/she is lying, but he/she might be-not assuming either...but you'know) :shade:
Well, it would be highly unlikely that genuine convert to Islam would put up a video pretending he had left the faith again ... don't you think??
I believe this guy is genuinely going back on his decision, because he realises that he has converted under the wrong circumstances. He is right when he says that under the influence of illegal substances he could believe anything - so his conversion is pretty meaningless at this stage.
But bear in mind that he is not saying Islam is false either ... he is just buying himself some more time to think it over.
That's a pretty sensible attitude ...
It's just so simple and easy to do,

Youtube is like the media :Evil:

Pure evil i tell you :rolleyes:

I really wana see the video now :D

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh :)
I have only discovered youtube fairly recently, and I must say that the more I learn about it, the less credibility do I give to it.
You are right, anybody can put up any video, not matter how wacky!
Who knows which videos are genuine, and which aren't?

Peace

Malaikah
01-26-2007, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Who knows which videos are genuine, and which aren't?
Simple- just watch the videos that were not actually created for youtube in the first place, for example, I enjoy watch videos posted of famous Islamic comparative religious debaters such as Ahmed Deedat and Zakir Naik. It is also nice to listen to the Quran recitations posted...

united
01-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Poor confused guy.
Has he read the Quran or not.
First he says he has http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6gsT...e=user&search=
Then he says he hasnt and the mosque wouldnt give him one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWCBk1E38Ow
Certain substances? they dont give you knowledge.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
lol poor confused guy indeed

Al_Imaan
01-26-2007, 02:40 PM
looks like this guy is playin a game...."certian substances of an illicit nature"....
^^i agree...he seriously is confused...

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Well, it would be highly unlikely that genuine convert to Islam would put up a video pretending he had left the faith again ... don't you think??

Peace
:rolleyes: Erm sis, i didn't actually watch that video

which doesn't help i know :thumbs_do,

But i'll watch it now :D

Fishman
01-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Is this the same guy as the one who recently converted, after making bad videos about the Quran? Well, if it is, then he may have only converted because he wanted publicity.

You are right, anybody can put up any video, not matter how wacky!
There's a video of one of my schoolmates being forced to dance around to Lazy Town!
:w:

mohammed farah
01-28-2007, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Is this the same guy as the one who recently converted, after making bad videos about the Quran? Well, if it is, then he may have only converted because he wanted publicity.

yes he was the same guy.

There's a video of one of my schoolmates being forced to dance around to Lazy Town!
why on earth was he forced to dance to lazy town?:uuh:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-28-2007, 03:57 AM
argghh i hate when the topic is interesting but then i cant watch :raging: :X

kitten
01-28-2007, 04:06 PM

hmm i see we need to be added o his darn friends list to watch the video:confused:

i've seen it anyhu..just wanted to see what he said to my comment ..
i was giving dawah :shade:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-28-2007, 06:49 PM
^^what did u say and what did he say? please sharreee. i hate being left out :X

FBI
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Your saying muslims forced him to dance to Lazy Town? :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

kitten
01-28-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
^^what did u say and what did he say? please sharreee. i hate being left out :X
oh he said that the Islamic centre wouldn't give him a free Quran etc etc...

i said i'll post him one, and even gave him links to sites that would give free ones..ha and also wrote a little dua for his guidance. :D

i dont know if he replied caz we need to be added to his friends lit to view lame video from now on...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
=\ ask someone else lol. someone here who can watch.

kitten
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kitten
oh he said that the Islamic centre wouldn't give him a free Quran etc etc...

i said i'll post him one, and even gave him links to sites that would give free ones..ha and also wrote a little dua for his guidance. :D

i dont know if he replied caz ..

daym scuse my typos :D

i meant ''we need to be added to his friends list to view his lame videos from now on.''

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-28-2007, 07:23 PM
^^ i understood ya sis :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-28-2007, 07:30 PM
youtube user leaves islam
ohhh dearr :(:(

seeker_of_ilm
01-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Having read some of his recent comments on his other videos, I would say that this guy was possibly high when he accepted Islam. He has also recently said:

"I have decided not to believe in Allah until I read the whole Quran and Hadith with a clear head. I ordered the Quran an infinitely long time ago, but the Postal Service here is most deffinitely worse than the postal service in Saudi Arabia. I won't trust the Quran's promises until I have read the whole Quran and possibly the Hadith. "

Fishman
01-28-2007, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Your saying muslims forced him to dance to Lazy Town? :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
No, my PE teacher did it, in a PE theory lesson. He put 'Sportacus' on the electronic whiteboard and made a bunch of people do all the actions.

MuslimWays
01-28-2007, 07:53 PM
I get this error:

This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-28-2007, 07:55 PM
we have to be added as his friend to view...=|

snakelegs
01-28-2007, 09:35 PM
i can't watch youtube, which is fine. sounds like somebody just wanted his day of fame.

snakelegs
01-28-2007, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
approx 1/5 of reverts later turn apostate, it is sad but true and many of them come to islam for the wrong reasons or are never taught the correct authentic islam to start with so are angered when they are feeling misled by other muslims.
maybe it is because no knowledge is really required to become a muslim- it is sometimes presented as a very simple matter of saying the shahadah and then when they realize that it requires more than that to be a good muslim and that it's not like taking a magic pill, they change their minds.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-28-2007, 11:04 PM
it take a sec to become a Muslim but a lifetime to actually be one.

Malaikah
01-29-2007, 09:11 AM
maybe it is because no knowledge is really required to become a muslim- it is sometimes presented as a very simple matter of saying the shahadah and then when they realize that it requires more than that to be a good muslim and that it's not like taking a magic pill, they change their minds.
That is not true. Of course a person needs to have knowledge to be a Muslim! Your statement could only possible apply to a person who has absolutely no knowledge of Islam other than "There is no God but Allah and that Muhammad pbuh is His messenger".

I honestly do not understand how anyone could become a Muslim without at least knowing the five pillars of Islam, and knowing that they are obligatory.

True, to become a Muslim all you need to do is say the shahadah, while fulfilling its conditions (one of which is knowledge), it isn't like the person needs to undergo some kind of amazing challenge such as swim across a river or something... from that perspective, become a Muslim is easy, at least in the sense that we can't tell that person 'no we do not believe you, you are a non-muslim', unless we have some good reason to not believe him/her.

Khaldun
01-29-2007, 11:18 AM

There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error...[Surah Baqrah Ayah 256]

And if your Lord had pleased, surely all those who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers? And it is not for a soul to believe except by Allah's permission... [Surah Yunus Ayah 99-100]

And it is a Quran which We have revealed in portions so that you may read it to the people by slow degrees, and We have revealed it, revealing in portions.
Say: Believe in it or believe not; surely those who are given the knowledge before it fall down on their faces, making obeisance when it is recited to them. [Surah Isra Ayah 106-107]

And say: The truth is from your Lord, so let him who please believe, and let him who please disbelieve...[Surah Kahf Ayah 29]

afriend
01-29-2007, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error...[Surah Baqrah Ayah 256]

And if your Lord had pleased, surely all those who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers? And it is not for a soul to believe except by Allah's permission... [Surah Yunus Ayah 99-100]

And it is a Quran which We have revealed in portions so that you may read it to the people by slow degrees, and We have revealed it, revealing in portions.
Say: Believe in it or believe not; surely those who are given the knowledge before it fall down on their faces, making obeisance when it is recited to them. [Surah Isra Ayah 106-107]

And say: The truth is from your Lord, so let him who please believe, and let him who please disbelieve...[Surah Kahf Ayah 29]
Ok JazakAllah khair, I have been thinking upon the matter of the fate of appostates for quite some time.

So, the judgement of giving 3 days for the appostates to return to Islam is not right?

Erundur
01-29-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

:salamext:

heh. I have that as me sig :thumbs_up

cihad
01-29-2007, 02:59 PM
i think he just wants attention

Goku
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
I cant see the video either, whats the person's username?

AvarAllahNoor
01-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Should he be stoned do you think? :p

FBI
01-29-2007, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Should he be stoned do you think? :p
Beheaded :D

mohammed farah
01-29-2007, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
Beheaded :D
pull his hair:D :D :D

snakelegs
01-29-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
That is not true. Of course a person needs to have knowledge to be a Muslim! Your statement could only possible apply to a person who has absolutely no knowledge of Islam other than "There is no God but Allah and that Muhammad pbuh is His messenger".

I honestly do not understand how anyone could become a Muslim without at least knowing the five pillars of Islam, and knowing that they are obligatory.

True, to become a Muslim all you need to do is say the shahadah, while fulfilling its conditions (one of which is knowledge), it isn't like the person needs to undergo some kind of amazing challenge such as swim across a river or something... from that perspective, become a Muslim is easy, at least in the sense that we can't tell that person 'no we do not believe you, you are a non-muslim', unless we have some good reason to not believe him/her.
i know this, but i think people often think it is like a magic pill and when they find out that work is required and they have just begun, they jump ship. just a theory about why some people revert and then leave right away. in this case it sounds like the guy just wanted some fame (tho i can't watch videos).

Muezzin
01-29-2007, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
pull his hair:D :D :D
Whoopee Cushion. :D

Agnostic
01-30-2007, 01:12 AM
He kinda creeps me out :eek:

Malaikah
01-30-2007, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i know this, but i think people often think it is like a magic pill and when they find out that work is required and they have just begun, they jump ship. just a theory about why some people revert and then leave right away. in this case it sounds like the guy just wanted some fame (tho i can't watch videos).
Do you actually know people who thought that? That is really weird if it actually happens...

snakelegs
01-30-2007, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Do you actually know people who thought that? That is really weird if it actually happens...
no, just going by what i read here and there.
well, maybe my theory is um.....theoretical?
another brilliant theory down the drain. not the first.
:hiding:

Malaikah
01-30-2007, 07:57 AM
lol :D Er yeh probably was a little bit to theoretical...

I honestly can't imagine someone converting to any religion, sincerely, with out knowing something about it...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.