/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to the British People from a daughter of Iraq

Mr. Baldy
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
aslaam alkyum,

A Letter to the British People from a daughter of Iraq

I’m sending this letter to the British people and in particular to the residents of London. For a period of hours, you have lived through moments of desperate anxiety and horror. In those hours you lost a member of your family or a friend, and we wish to tell you in total honesty that we too grieve when human lives pass away. I cannot tell you how much we hurt when we see desperation and pain on the face of another person. For we have lived through this situation – and continue to live through it every day – since your country and the United States formed an alliance and laid plans to attack Iraq.

The Prime Minister of your country, Tony Blair, said that those who carried out the explosions did so in the name of Islam. The Secretary of State of the United States, Condaleezza Rice, described the bombings as an act of barbarism. The United Nations Security Council met and unanimously condemned the event.

I would like to ask you, the free British people, to allow me to inquire: in whose name was our country blockaded for 12 years? In whose name were our cities bombed using internationally prohibited weapons? In whose name did the British army kill Iraqis and torture them? Was that in your name? Or in the name of religion? Or humanity? Or freedom? Or democracy?

What do you call the killing of more than two million children? What do you call the pollution of the soil and the water with depleted uranium and other lethal substances?

What do you call what happened in the prisons in Iraq – in Abu Ghraib, Camp Bucca and the many other prison camps? What do you call the torture of men, women, and children? What do you call tying bombs to the bodies of prisoners and blowing them apart? What do you call the refinement of methods of torture for use on Iraqi prisoners – such as pulling off limbs, gouging out eyes, putting out cigarettes on their skin, and using cigarette lighters to set fire to the hair on their heads? Does the word “barbaric” adequately describe the behavior of your troops in Iraq?

May we ask why the Security Council did not condemn the massacre in al-Amiriyah and what happened in al-Fallujah, Tal‘afar, Sadr City, and an-Najaf? Why does the world watch as our people are killed and tortured and not condemn the crimes being committed against us? Are you human beings and we something less? Do you think that only you can feel pain and we can’t? In fact it is we who are most aware of how intense is the pain of the mother who has lost her child, or the father who has lost his family. We know very well how painful it is to lose those you love.

You don’t know our martyrs, but we know them. You don’t remember them, but we remember them. You don’t cry over them, but we cry over them.

Have you heard the name of the little girl Hannan Salih Matrud? Or of the boy Ahmad Jabir Karim? Or Sa‘id Shabram?

Yes, our dead have names too. They have faces and stories and memories. There was a time when they were among us, laughing and playing. They had dreams, just as you have. They had a tomorrow awaiting them. But today they sleep among us with no tomorrow on which to wake.

We don’t hate the British people or the peoples of the world. This war was imposed upon us, but we are now fighting it in defense of our selves. Because we want to live in our homeland – the free land of Iraq – and to live as we want to live, not as your government or the American government wish.

Let the families of those killed know that responsibility for the Thursday morning London bombings lies with Tony Blair and his policies. Stop your war against our people! Stop the daily killing that your troops commit! End your occupation of our homeland!

Iman al-Saadun, Friday, 8 July 2005

wa alkyum aslaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imaad_udeen
07-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Let the families of those killed know that responsibility for the Thursday morning London bombings lies with Tony Blair and his policies.
No. The responsibility lies with the terrorists who set the bombs and whoever supports them.

Mr. Baldy
07-11-2005, 03:02 PM
aslaam alkyum,

i assure you this was a retaliation for what these 'people' are doing in iraq. this letter is straight from your muslim sister in iraq, yet you still refuse to acknowledge that tony blair is in the wrong?

wa alkyum aslaam

Mr. Baldy
07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
aslaam alkyum,

ameen

well said hash brother, its true, his war on iraq and his attacks on islam were a blatant invitation for retalliation.

wa alkyum aslaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
07-11-2005, 06:30 PM
For once in the history of debate between me vs Hash & Baldy I agree- Blair in my view has to take part of the blame of 7/7. Anywho the terrorist have not just killed 50, but there actions will justify the British government and others in destroying terrorism by any means - so increase military action etc. In the long run, the terrorist have set the way for many more deaths - muslim deaths.

YamahaR1
07-11-2005, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
In the long run, the terrorist have set the way for many more deaths-muslim deaths.
Well.....it certainly hasn't done anything for bringing about peace.

minaz
07-11-2005, 06:36 PM
yeh, can't remember the last time anything was done to bring about peace? Lol can someone remind me of soemthing!

Muezzin
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
The only way peace can be achieved is through peaceful methods. Blair is an idiot, no doubts there. Military retaliation will just make matters worse, which the Government knows full well.

Which is also why they will do exactly that.

Mr. Baldy
07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
For once in the history of debate between me vs Hash & Baldy I agree-
lets hope its not the last time.

aslaam alkyum

Bittersteel
07-12-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah I agree too .Blair should have left Iraq alone.al Qaida intead of killing of non-combatants should have blown the British queen.

Muhammad
07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
:sl:

While discussing world affairs topics let us try to keep our comments civil and within the realms of Islam...
It is not befitting to write comments suggesting that as Muslims, we support killing of innocent people, because the last thing we want to do on this forum is to propagate a false picture of Islam.

Please remember tbe following rules:

5. Help build a e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image.

6. We would like this forum to educate Non-muslims and Muslims concerning Islam and its tenets.

This is a reminder aimed at everyone and all other parts of this forum.

Jazakallah Khayr.

:w:

YamahaR1
07-12-2005, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

While discussing world affairs topics let us try to keep our comments civil and within the realms of Islam...
It is not befitting to write comments suggesting that as Muslims, we support killing of innocent people, because the last thing we want to do on this forum is to propagate a false picture of Islam.

5. Help build a e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image.

6. We would like this forum to educate Non-muslims and Muslims concerning Islam and its tenets.

This is a reminder aimed at everyone and all other parts of this forum.

Jazakallah Khayr.

Thank you. :applaud:

07-12-2005, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

brother can u tell me why bush..or blair...or sharun don't do anything to keep a good image of them...all they do is to spread lies...and im sorry to see a lot of people trusting them...so can u answer me just one question why bush has chosen iraq for his democraty and freedom ....programme...dont tell me that bcoz "saddam" is a dictator;many arabic countrys have a dictator president or king...
and when we say that jihad is an obligation itsn't a bad image of islam...we defend our selves we preserve our digity...its normal...so don't reverse the concepts...the really terrorist is america not muslims
i know that a lot of people are not going to appreciate what i said
but all i ask u to do is to stop blieving lies and to look for the truth

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-12-2005, 07:32 PM
No matter what happens, Islam does not permit terrorist attacks on civilians. The reason why Muslims are in so many difficulties is because they have left their religion. If you abandon the way of God, He will abandon you. Just the other day I met a palestinian who drinks alcohol, smokes, and does a whole list of evil sins that I don't want to list here. How can such a person hope that God will help him?

We won't be able to get back what we lost by killing people. We will only be able to get back what we lost by worshipping God, and returning to our religion.

The evil deeds committed by others do not justify evil actions towards others in return. We are permitted to defend ourselves, but not to abuse others.

http://www.IslamDenouncesTerrorism.com

note: I also don't mean to stereotype. There are alot of sincere Muslims suffering around the world, and we should definitely speak out for them and defend them.

Muhammad
07-12-2005, 11:13 PM
brother can u tell me why bush..or blair...or sharun don't do anything to keep a good image of them...all they do is to spread lies...and im sorry to see a lot of people trusting them...so can u answer me just one question why bush has chosen iraq for his democraty and freedom ....programme...dont tell me that bcoz "saddam" is a dictator;many arabic countrys have a dictator president or king...
and when we say that jihad is an obligation itsn't a bad image of islam...we defend our selves we preserve our digity...its normal...so don't reverse the concepts...the really terrorist is america not muslims
i know that a lot of people are not going to appreciate what i said
but all i ask u to do is to stop blieving lies and to look for the truth

I am not trying to justify the actions of any of these people, and I am not talking about Jihad. What I am saying is that due to the lies spread around the world that Islam is a violent religion and anyone with a beard is a terrorist, we should try our best to educate the public that such statements are not true.

All I am saying is that we should speak with wisdom, in a calm manner, and not express extreme views that represent the individual, when people might take your views to represent all Muslims. I hope you will understand my point Insha'Allaah.

Khattab
07-13-2005, 12:26 AM

All terrorist attacks are wrong and can never ever be accepted within Islam, like what happened in London. Al Quieda (or whoever) have gone about things the completely wrong way. Bush and Blair have killed and murdered many innocent people through the illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and are no better than these terrorists, but why Al-Quieda should stoop to such a level I dont know, there thinking is tit for tat, if you kill innocents in our country we will kill them in yours but a muslim should not follow such a way and come down to the same level of causing such injustices to many innocent people like what has happened to many of our brethern, the sooner truths are told the better and inshallah peace will prevail throughout the whole world.

minaz
07-13-2005, 07:04 PM
"Al Qaeda" is the term used for any extremist attack. Think of it as the word "communist" in the era of the cold war, anything against the US was seen as a communist threat i.e. North Vietnamese. Anywho when officials state Al Qaeda they don't mean Bin Laden and Co, but a group who look up to them and are influenced by them too.

imaad_udeen
07-13-2005, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash

True, we muslims should not stoop to their level, but what guarentee do you have this was Al Qa'ida, maybe i missed it beut you didnt give no proof to support this claim.

A group calling themselves "Al Qaeda in Europe" or something claimed to be responsible within hours of the attacks.

Muezzin
07-14-2005, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
A group calling themselves "Al Qaeda in Europe" or something claimed to be responsible within hours of the attacks.
Al Qaeda in Europe? Heh. It reminds me of 'Disneyland: Paris'

Though if Mickey Mouse started bombing stuff, the Disney company would go bankrupt faster than you can say 'Goofy corrupted my children'

IslamInside
07-15-2005, 06:52 AM
There is no religion in the world that supports the killing of innocents. When will the Bush and Tony era ends? so that there can be a peace in the world? Please pray regularly and Pray Almighty Allah for Peace and Harmoney in the world.

Report: 128,000 Iraqis Killed By US Occupation Since 2003
Jul 12, 2005
By Muhammad Abu Nasr, Free Arab Voice; Edited For Publication By JUS

An Iraqi humanitarian organization that follows the human rights situation in the country announced on Monday morning that the number of Iraqis killed since the US occupation of Iraq has now topped 128,000.

Dr. Hatim al-‘Alwani, Chairman of the ‘Iraqiyun humanitarian organization in Baghdad told the correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam that everyone who has been killed since the US invasion must be seen as victims of that invasion.

Al-‘Alawani said that 55 percent of those killed have been women and children aged 12 and under.

Asked how these data were obtained, Dr al-‘Alwani said that relatives and families of victims supplied information, as did Iraqi hospitals in all the country’s provinces.

It should be noted that the figure of 128,000 quoted by “al-‘Iraqiyun” only includes those whose relatives have been informed of their deaths. Those who were abducted or assassinated and not heard from – and there are many such cases – were not included in the count.

The correspondent noted that the figure of 128,000 agrees with what Mafkarat al-Islam’s correspondents have been witnessing and reporting from the various cities in which they work, in particular as a result of the very bloody US assaults on al-Fallujah and al-Qa’im.

A Letter To The British People
Jul 11, 2005
By Iman al-Saadun

I’m sending this letter to the British people and in particular to the residents of London. For a period of hours, you have lived through moments of desperate anxiety and horror. In those hours you lost a member of your family or a friend, and we wish to tell you in total honesty that we too grieve when human lives pass away. I cannot tell you how much we hurt when we see desperation and pain on the face of another person. For we have lived through this situation – and continue to live through it every day – since your country and the United States formed an alliance and laid plans to attack Iraq.

The Prime Minister of your country, Tony Blair, said that those who carried out the explosions did so in the name of Islam. The Secretary of State of the United States, Condaleezza Rice, described the bombings as an act of barbarism. The United Nations Security Council met and unanimously condemned the event.

I would like to ask you, the free British people, to allow me to inquire: in whose name was our country blockaded for 12 years? In whose name were our cities bombed using internationally prohibited weapons? In whose name did the British army kill Iraqis and torture them? Was that in your name? Or in the name of religion? Or humanity? Or freedom? Or democracy?

What do you call the killing of more than two million children? What do you call the pollution of the soil and the water with depleted uranium and other lethal substances?

What do you call what happened in the prisons in Iraq – in Abu Ghraib, Camp Bucca and the many other prison camps? What do you call the torture of men, women, and children? What do you call tying bombs to the bodies of prisoners and blowing them apart? What do you call the refinement of methods of torture for use on Iraqi prisoners – such as pulling off limbs, gouging out eyes, putting out cigarettes on their skin, and using cigarette lighters to set fire to the hair on their heads? Does the word “barbaric” adequately describe the behavior of your troops in Iraq?

May we ask why the Security Council did not condemn the massacre in al-Amiriyah and what happened in al-Fallujah, Tal‘afar, Sadr City, and an-Najaf? Why does the world watch as our people are killed and tortured and not condemn the crimes being committed against us? Are you human beings and we something less? Do you think that only you can feel pain and we can’t? In fact it is we who are most aware of how intense is the pain of the mother who has lost her child, or the father who has lost his family. We know very well how painful it is to lose those you love.

You don’t know our martyrs, but we know them. You don’t remember them, but we remember them. You don’t cry over them, but we cry over them.

Have you heard the name of the little girl Hannan Salih Matrud? Or of the boy Ahmad Jabir Karim? Or Sa‘id Shabram?

Yes, our dead have names too. They have faces and stories and memories. There was a time when they were among us, laughing and playing. They had dreams, just as you have. They had a tomorrow awaiting them. But today they sleep among us with no tomorrow on which to wake.

We don’t hate the British people or the peoples of the world. This war was imposed upon us, but we are now fighting it in defense of our selves. Because we want to live in our homeland – the free land of Iraq – and to live as we want to live, not as your government or the American government wish.

Let the families of those killed know that responsibility for the Thursday morning London bombings lies with Tony Blair and his policies. Stop your war against our people! Stop the daily killing that your troops commit! End your occupation of our homeland!

Muhammad
07-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Threads merged.

Souljette
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM

WOW...nuff saiddd...srry i jst luked at this and read and mashallah this sister understands alottt more then many of us muslims evn do..

adeeb
01-08-2008, 01:54 PM
really good letter...deep touch my heart... i can feel how terrorism destroy humanity...

imsadimsadimsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.