/* */

PDA

View Full Version : for all u gangsta wannabes.

Daffodil
01-26-2007, 05:08 PM
its got some swear words in it, but its excellent.

LINK REMOVED.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
01-26-2007, 05:13 PM
salam.
how can it be excellent if it contains 'some' swear words ukthi:?
Ma'assalama

p.s i will NEVER listen to it but thats me again :X

Daffodil
01-26-2007, 05:18 PM
it was a warning, and thats gud for u if u dnt want to listen to it. but im sure some ppl will find it beneficial i certainly did.

Sabbir_1
01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
how can it be excellent if it contains 'some' swear words
True, i wouldnt say its excellent, but the msg is excellent.. i think he uses swears for the audience, if he didnt swear than it wouldnt of sounded good. its aimed at a non muslim audience so he used a lot of swearing..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
01-26-2007, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
True, i wouldnt say its excellent, but the msg is excellent.. i think he uses swears for the audience, if he didnt swear than it wouldnt of sounded good. its aimed at a non muslim audience so he used a lot of swearing..
salamualikum.
oookay so lisning to 'swears' are good, since when :eek:, humm i still haven't seen it my heart is telling me not too, sowiee if i offended you ukthi Daffadle but thats snowy again so yh i hope you understand inshallah and one thing i don't understand is 'its aimed at a non muslim audience so he used a lot of swearing' so if it's aimed at non-muslims he can swear:? by the way is this dude/dudette a muslim by any chance:?
Ma'assalama

Daffodil
01-26-2007, 05:22 PM
theres not much swear, he just uses the f word a few times. like i sed its for gangsta wannabes, so there may be some ppl here who are very new to practicing or finding it hard to stop listening to hip hop etc, and this i think inshallah will make them think differently and make them change their opinions on the american dream n the hip hop scene.

Kittygyal
01-26-2007, 05:24 PM
salmualikum.
okay ukthi whatever you say inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

Sabbir_1
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
like this part:

''external blingers is all we can be, cuz on the inside we got nothing to shine on''

oookay so lisning to 'swears' are good, since when , humm i still haven't seen it my heart is telling me not too
no listening to swears is not good.... its bad.

Daffodil
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
snowy? huh, i find it very difficult to understand you. i apolgise if i offended u

Daffodil
01-26-2007, 05:27 PM
i like all of it, seriously man this guy sums it all up so well may allah swt giv the guy hidayah ameen. i really want my bro to listen to it but u cant save videos on u tube n my bro dnt have internet.

Sabbir_1
01-26-2007, 05:30 PM
there is a way of downloading u tube videos, go to this site.. paste the u tuve there and click on downlaod..

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

i would'nt show a young gangsta wananbe brother this video though, i'd give him a lecture, or somethign to listen to give ur bro thugz in the masjid lecture by imama abdul malik.. . excellent lecture..

Kittygyal
01-26-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
snowy? huh, i find it very difficult to understand you. i apolgise if i offended u
salmualikum.
lol, this has caused alot lol. my intention was not to ukthi but i just wanted to ask few questions thats all anywho 'snowy' is me lol never mind. Once again that was my own personal say.
Ma'assalama

Daffodil
01-26-2007, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
there is a way of downloading u tube videos, go to this site.. paste the u tuve there and click on downlaod..

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

i would'nt show a young gangsta wananbe brother this video though, i'd give him a lecture, or somethign to listen to give ur bro thugz in the masjid lecture by imama abdul malik.. . excellent lecture..

my husband already bought him that, lectures n stuff are boring to him, he thinks its a lecture.

people need dawah in different ways, and for my bro i think its best for people to talk to him on his OWN level regarding the deen rather then some 50 year old imam who doesnt have a clu.

i certainly cud have done with listening to people like this guy and bro mutah wen i was in my jahiliyah, because i felt like people were always just lecturing me all the time n didnt know how i felt or anything. so yea i think its really gud.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Mentions some decent points, I really liked the napolean talk though masha'Allah.

50 Year old imam's might know what they're talking about it's just the langauge barrier.

Count DeSheep
01-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Rather enlightening. I enjoyed it, despite the cursing.

And by the way, he says more than just "the F word," although he does not curse every other word. As I said...enlightening. Nice to hear a view that's hardly spoken of.

FollowingAlhuda
01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
This is a good video too!

From Napoleon Outlaw (2 pacs former homey :p) that reverted to Islam

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_T70W-BJA

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-26-2007, 10:34 PM
lol, past all the cussing..:X...the message is good.
we have that video on here already i think sis :)

Malaikah
01-27-2007, 08:21 AM
:sl:

Can someone sum up what it is about...?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Just about all those people who run after fame and glory, when you have everything material luxury this world offers you can look good from the outside but inside is what needs to be changed "external blingerz it wat we ken be". Talks about what people are being programed to do by the tv, how they have infant education, sell their souls for record deals and how music destroys kids n so on.

seeker_of_ilm
01-27-2007, 03:07 PM

I typed out the transcript, just so those not comfortable watching it with swears can benefit

Let me ask Ya'll a question
When you look at my brothers, whats your first impression?
Does the sight of us leave you guessin', or do you understand the stressin'?
The agression, the look of no hope on ma niggas faces,
Like the Lord overlooked us when he handed down his graces,
You see, embraces, fall short on the numb tips of street entrepeneurial fingers
Stuck in the walls of the project halls where the coke smell still lingers,
External blingers is all we can be,
Cos on the inside we been given nothin' to shine on
And a gig is harder to get than coke so niggas get they grind on
Cos TV tells us "aim high nigga, make all goals lateral"
But that takes paper that we don't have, So niggas put they soul up as collateral now
Some niggas reclaim 'em some blame 'em, makin' excuse to sell 'em
But when a nigga goes from not doin' to doin', what can you tell 'em?
Not to be a nigga? S*** I gots to be a nigga, thats how I pay the bills,
And I'm a do that whether I gotta sling this coke or exploit these rhyme skills,
See America makes you an opportunist, and at the same time they institutionalise you
So the fact that these niggas get these big record deals, big money and then go to jail shouldn't surprise you, thats what lies do
And most of these guys do have raw talent, just infantile education
So the business feeds them all the weed and ecstasy and the little bit of paper that provides classification
From all the bulls*** frustration they serve you
Meanwhile they corrupt your perception of what the real is,
See they taken all our businessmen and made 'em drug dealers
Took all our messengers, made 'em rappers just flappin' they jaws afraid to admit their treason
Took all our soldiers for the cause and made 'em killers for no reason and bein' f***ed up, well thats in this season so
If you're negative you're positive and if you're positive you're called a hater
But I maintain control of my soul 'cos I know it gets greater later
And I told ya'll the last show, I'm no hater, I just know what the truth is
I been inter-twining this puddin' for a year now, so I know where the proof is
It lies in these midtown Manhattan skyscrapers where former hustlers sign papers, and do f***ed up capers
By 16 infamous stars at a time
Got 'em choppin' and baggin' and servin' that s*** to niggas 16 bars at a time
And the crime is undetectable by the feds, 'cos in the heads of our kids is where the track is
And Music shoots straight to the soul and so potent, so its much more addictive than crack is
Now the high is just an illusion, lies and confusion
But just for that rush, just once, these young bucks'll go through it
So in essence they're still floodin' our streets with thugs, drugs and killin' they just using these record labels to do it
Takin' our heartfelt demos, puttin' us in Limos, tryin' to f*** up our direction
And most niggas is trained to chase money and ***** so we can fall victim to our own erection
Convincin' ourselves that we're on our way somewhere where we're not goin'
But ignorance is bliss and niggas love this so niggas take pride in not knowin' but we not growin',
Nigga I don't give a f*** how slick you flowin' if you ain't showin' these kids nothin' or adding nothin' positive to the Earth
See I been destined to touch this world since the day I was born
To be honest, f*** a deal, God gives me what I'm worth.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-27-2007, 03:30 PM
i liked some of the things he said towards the end, especially the last sentence lol.

FBI
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM

Man I hate eveything to do with Urban culture from the music to the stupid clothes they were :mad: wearning Jerseys with some basketball star you never heard of is not cool.

Daffodil
01-28-2007, 11:03 AM
fbi, neither do i like the culture but its the poetry that i like. from everything there is around, just take the gud n leave the bad, n i think this is gud but just susbsitute the swears with something else.

jizakallah khair for writing it out, must have taken u ages. atleast now i can give it to my bro.

thanks, may allah swt reward you.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
its got some swear words in it
Thread closed for the above reasons.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.