/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I made something! lol

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 05:59 PM
I made this Bangle-holder all by myself and I can't help showing it off lol. :D

I've been thinking of making them to sell and this is the very first prototype. I want your comments and I also want to know if brothers would buy something like this for their wives, sisters, nieces etc... so please give your comments inshaAllah.

attachmentphp?attachmentid2798&ampd1169833800 -

p.s. there'll be more designs.. glittery ones, butterflies, sequins, furry, varnished, etcetc..and in all sorts of colours.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
01-26-2007, 06:06 PM
asssalaamu alaikum

sister, the attachment is not working.

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
oh no not again.. :(

I'll attach it inshaAllah. Try again sis, I really want u to see it lol :P

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:10 PM
try now sis :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-26-2007, 06:10 PM
WOWWW! wkdddd cn u mke me 1 plz :):) pwty plz lol

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:12 PM
lollll wow thank you sis.. means u love it :giggling: I'm so happy yippeeee!

course I'll make u one sis ;D :p

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Awww mashaAllah das amazing,

I need bout 50 of dem LOL

:p

Nahh dun worry you dun have to make dem all

Ty 40 LOL :D

Nah huni it's v pretty!

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:34 PM
hehe thank you sis. I can always make one that's 6ft tall :giggling:

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 06:36 PM
That wil be great :D

you thought of that idea quick :)

You must have a BIG brain heh!!!!!!!!!

Tania
01-26-2007, 06:37 PM
You made the jewells :? Or the wood fourniture :-[

Khayal
01-26-2007, 06:39 PM
:sl:

Aaawww!!! I like it very much, can you make one for me...:p

:w:

Sabbir_1
01-26-2007, 06:39 PM
yh thats cool, i think loads of sis will be buying it. you should go on dragons den, promote your product....what is the price of the bangle holder..?

Al_Imaan
01-26-2007, 06:40 PM
that's nice....unfortunatly...i hardly wear any bangles...i only own like 3 pairs...

sameer
01-26-2007, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I also want to know if brothers would buy something like this for their wives, sisters, nieces etc... so please give your comments inshaAllah.

only if its cheap :D

:okay:

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:41 PM
^ lol I hate arguments sis, so I have to agree with you ;D @tasmiyah sis

p.s brothers plz reply, comment, even if you hate it lol.. this is my market research. Your views are extremely important lol.

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:45 PM
oh cool broz replied.. mashaAllah thank you.. thank you.. :) khalil bro, dragons den won't even let me in with sumthin like this lol

tania sis I didn't make the bangles lol.. just the wooden holder.

I'm glad you sisters want one.. you're gonna make me rich :giggling:

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Is it that expensive, cheeky!

Shes giving them away for free for the sisters, *ahem*

MH-UK
01-26-2007, 06:48 PM

Wow, that's really good.

How do you get the bangles off?

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
only if its cheap :D

:okay:
lol bro, it'll last a lifetime! and think how happy your mrs will be :)

p.s I was thinking it should be about £9.99? but if I use diamantes and expensive bits n bobs then about £15.00. what do you guys say?

al Amaanah
01-26-2007, 06:49 PM
LOL there are too many creative sisters on LI!

Tania
01-26-2007, 06:50 PM
tania sis I didn't make the bangles lol.. just the wooden holder.
You are very talented :thumbs_up Looks very professional. You should contact loco bangla shops to sell your holder too.

zaria
01-26-2007, 06:50 PM
MashaAllah,
wonderful work.

Goku
01-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Thats nice work Muslimah Sis. I like the flower design you made on the side. It (the flower design) will look better yellow or blue in my view.

sameer
01-26-2007, 06:51 PM
9.99 would = $99.90
15 = $150 in my country:smile:

it looks nice though.......something that u can give and score some points:D

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MH-UK

Wow, that's really good.

How do you get the bangles off?
thankssssss bro! The holders lift off. I've gotta buy sum tools to do the job professionaly. I've just used velcro for this, as it's just a prototype. Good job u can't see it hehe.

Pk_#2
01-26-2007, 06:56 PM
aww hehe!

lol

but i think you should sell them for £15 and add some more stuff on it to decorate it :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I made this Bangle-holder all by myself and I can't help showing it off lol. :D

I've been thinking of making them to sell and this is the very first prototype. I want your comments and I also want to know if brothers would buy something like this for their wives, sisters, nieces etc... so please give your comments inshaAllah.

p.s. there'll be more designs.. glittery ones, butterflies, sequins, furry, varnished, etcetc..and in all sorts of colours.

omg thats good! and ur bangles r so pretty!!!!!!!!!!! i got some like dat but the colors on urs r niceee.

Tania
01-26-2007, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
omg thats good! and ur bangles r so pretty!!!!!!!!!!! i got some like dat but the colors on urs r niceee.
The green one got my attention immediately :-[

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
9.99 would = $99.90
15 = $150 in my country:smile:
no way bro, you'll scare off my customers lol
9.99 GB United Kingdom Pounds = 19.5724 USD United States Dollars

tnx Goku, I'll def take your advice and do a blue and yellow one.. it'll look cool. :)

tasmiyah_B: Is it that expensive, cheeky!
Shes giving them away for free for the sisters, *ahem*
omg stop trying to bankrupt me :'( I could give u a discount I suppose... hows £8.99? ;D

tnxxxxx everyone for your lovely comments :)

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
aww hehe!

lol

but i think you should sell them for £15 and add some more stuff on it to decorate it :)

really? £15? I luv u sis. lol
I'll be adding hearts and diamantes etc and making really really pretty ones.. I'm starting to think they really will sell.. inshaAllah :statisfie

p.s. sisters, the bangles aren't mine lol.. I pinched my neighbours for the pic hehe. I haven't got anything so fancy :-\

Tania
01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
What about to contact bangla sites, where they are sold and offer them for sale your holder :?

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
What about to contact bangla sites, where they are sold and offer them for sale your holder :?
I was thinking that sis.. but I just don't know how to approach shops.. it's gonna be so embarrassing :embarrass

any tips guys.. lol who's got the gift of the gab? :shade:

Tania
01-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I was thinking that sis.. but I just don't know how to approach shops.. it's gonna be so embarrassing :embarrass

any tips guys.. lol who's got the gift of the gab? :shade:
What about to send them an email with the product description and your contact info :? Here in the jewellry shops you can find the little jewells box too. Thats why i think they will be interested :) You could advertise your business in the loco news paper too.

*noor
01-26-2007, 08:34 PM
mashaAllah....you're talented sister!!!

how much are you selling them for?

and maybe you should put them up for auctions on ebay.

Tania
01-26-2007, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
and maybe you should put them up for auctions on ebay.
Thats really a good idea.

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 09:13 PM
tnxxx Noor sis :) for a simple one like that, I was thinking about £9.99? and the ones with extras like diamantes etc about £15.00.. is that about reasonable? The e-bay idea is good :thumbs_up

Tania sis, the shops around here don't really have email addresses. I'll just go myself. But I'm just worried I won't be able to sell them to retailers at that price. :-\

p.s is the price right - everyone?

*noor
01-26-2007, 09:28 PM
i don't know if the price is right or not because i've never bought one of those types of jewelry......you should check out similar items and compare prices.........but i don't think you will be able to sell them to retailers at that price......trying looking around ebay for similar items and maybe you'd want to but them up for bids.

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Ok, inshaAllah sis. I will try that.

subhanAllah my friend just popped around and she said she'll pay £15.00 for that one :)

brothers, I want your comments too. I wanna know if guys will buy sumthin like that for the women in their lives lol.. plzzzz *begs* imsad

Kittygyal
01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
salmualikum.
mashallah it's very nice ukthi, please do a pink one for me plzz :D
&& also it will be nice if you can add some glitter && more fancy stuff but overall alhamdulillah it looks smashing *somone's cooking on Gas*

by the way what you gonna do with that money is it for like some charity or something:? just wondering because here in Bristol some ladies sell stuff in like a little house on ever fridays which the money goes to the poor so i was wondering if your doing the same job or sumet :confused:

also i don't mind paying a bomb but ONLY if it looks nice && in PINK ofcourse :)

Ma'assalama

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 10:07 PM
lol sure sis... with a pretty pink with a glittery kitty on it :p tnx for liking it :)

I'm not doing it for charity yet sis.. at the moment I'm just racking my brains to set up a business so that I can get rich and be able to live and do charity work in a muslim country inshaAllah.

jzcasejz
01-26-2007, 10:09 PM
WOW That's Impressive...Forrealz!
Its Really Nice :)

Keep It Up :D

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 10:13 PM
tnxxxxx brooooo :D

u didn't say if you'd buy it for anyone? I gotta know stuff like that lol

IbnAbdulHakim
01-26-2007, 10:21 PM
market it!!!

no seriously!!!

Helena
01-26-2007, 10:28 PM
mashAllah sis very creative...how did u exactly create?....erm no worries i wont be able make such thing....am more of a....erm.....cant find that wrd.....of something....

any other colours is it just that colour?....how much is it?..

u def should market it........seriously.........it would be hot cake.......

IbnAbdulHakim
01-26-2007, 10:38 PM
tnxxxxx brooooo :D

u didn't say if you'd buy it for anyone? I gotta know stuff like that lol
oh lol, if u really wanna kno den ma family dashes bangles anywhere :X but i know a lot of cousins that will buy it! its really better then most of the tipycal ones, im still looking at it :muddlehea

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-26-2007, 10:40 PM
sis is gunna give it to me free and mail it :D right sis?? ;D lol

Snowflake
01-26-2007, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
mashAllah sis very creative...how did u exactly create?
any other colours is it just that colour?....how much is it?..
u def should market it........seriously.........it would be hot cake.......
tnxxxxx sis :D
I just cut pieces of wood, screwed them together and spray painted it. Then I used a stencilling kit to make the design. This one is a prototype to get an idea if it will sell or not. InshaAllah they'll come in all colours, even sizes and designs.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
but i know a lot of cousins that will buy it! its really better then most of the tipycal ones, im still looking at it :muddlehea
lol bro, glad u like it! and u think your cousins will too! lol I'm feeling more confident with each post :D

tayyaba;638070]sis is gunna give it to me free and mail it :D right sis?? ;D lol
kis khushi mein? lololol jk (looks like my first batch is gonna be taken by LI sisters ;D) NOT

Malaikah
01-27-2007, 08:17 AM

wow that's cool! Do you do international? :p ;D

I don't get how your meant to put the bangles in though?!:confused:

amirah_87
01-27-2007, 12:11 PM

^ That's exactly what I was wondering!? :confused:

... how do you slot the bangles in!? and from where?! :?

Overall it's a good design MashaAllah.

Snowflake
01-27-2007, 02:30 PM
tnxxxx Malaikah and Amirah.. here's hoping to go international some day inshaAllah :thumbs_up :statisfie

as for how the bars lift up from the frame.. for now I've just used velcro as I didn't have the right tools. But that's not strong enough. I need a tool called a router which I'll use to make grooves in the frame. The bars will have studs or dowels on the ends fit into the groove. I could use hooks, but then there will be a gap left between the bar and the frame which won't look nice. InshaAllah when I make the final product, I'll post it up to demonstrate exactly how the bars come off etc..

I'm chuffed to bits that everyone liked it (mashaAllah) :D

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 02:30 PM
WELL...

i fink you take out the stick fing put ur bangles in then put it back in again

:oS

Random guesses :D

Orrrrrrrr you put it in and you never take it out again,:rolleyes: :muddlehea

Buh heyy! ur room will still look nice :) And you don't have to worry about wearing them again!

Snowflake
01-27-2007, 02:44 PM
^lol.. what are you like! I'm hoping it'll be used for the purpose it's made for and not to make your room look pretty :giggling:

ur right the stick thing comes off :P

I was thinking it'd be easier if only one end came off? so your bangles don't slide off when u lift the bar out? Wouldn't that be better? :?

ژاله
01-27-2007, 02:54 PM
good product!!! mashallah:)

Tania
01-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I was thinking it'd be easier if only one end came off? so your bangles don't slide off when u lift the bar out? Wouldn't that be better? :?
I think that would be better because at one point will become annoying every time to put back the entire collection.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-27-2007, 03:33 PM
you can try it another way too. u can make the stick part stand out without a border. u get what i mean? like how u both sides closed up, u can make it like a coat stand i guess and decorate it. i have it like that. i got somethin like that from a garage sale :X then i decorated it myself, a lil bit. i was thinkin bout spray painting it too :D

Snowflake
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I think that would be better because at one point will become annoying every time to put back the entire collection.
I've had another idea. If only one end comes off then you have to remove the bangles at the front to get the ones at the back. I'd get annoyed with that.

So how about the bar is thicker at the ends like so.. I also think I should add a loop in the middle of bar to make it easy to lift up?

||========|| <---frame

.... ^bar^

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Nah buh den if you wana jus rearrange the bangles at the front the end ones myt cum off, it wud b really annoying cause you myt hav dem in a nice pattern! LOL

:muddleheaimsad

Tania
01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I've had another idea. If only one end comes off then you have to remove the bangles at the front to get the ones at the back. I'd get annoyed with that.

So how about the bar is thicker at the ends like so.. I also think I should add a loop in the middle of bar to make it easy to lift up?

||========|| <---frame

.... ^bar^
Better idea :thumbs_up. I don't know if really need to add the loop.It can be lift by holding the ends.

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 03:47 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Attachment 2800

Basically sis try and make it like this, the bangles will easily go in and you can

decorate the middle with anything you want,

And you can put as many bars as you want :) you can also make a bar for rings :muddlehea:hiding::shade:

ok bye

das nuff creativity for one day!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Masha'Allah baaji, you should go on dragons den (tv show)...I like it but I wouldn't buy it for my sisters but for my wife I would as long as she got bangles already :p lol.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-27-2007, 04:00 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Attachment 2800

Basically sis try and make it like this, the bangles will easily go in and you can

decorate the middle with anything you want,

And you can put as many bars as you want :) you can also make a bar for rings :muddlehea:hiding::shade:

ok bye

lol thats exactly wat i was talking bout :D

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Really Tay tay :p

Yay i read ur mind, gimme a hug! :( im sad!

Tania
01-27-2007, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Masha'Allah baaji, you should go on dragons den (tv show)...I like it but I wouldn't buy it for my sisters but for my wife I would as long as she got bangles already :p lol.
So you will buy the holder but the banglas don't imsad

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-27-2007, 04:02 PM
yea go back to the previous page...i didnt have a pic so i described it lol.

hehe i gave u one in ur rep. hug times 100!

Tania
01-27-2007, 04:04 PM
But the sticks should have something in the end to prevent the bangla to fall down. Your models looks like a tree :-[

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 04:04 PM
aww mashaAllah,

JazakAllah for hugz :D

i'l go back and see,

hehe we think alike :)

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 04:06 PM
But the sticks should have something in the end to prevent the bangla to fall down. Your models looks like a tree :-[
LOL nice one sis!

well the stopper at the end can be different shapes :D

Like a snowball, a flower, a TREE :hiding::uuh::muddlehea:offended:

Thanks for being honest :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-27-2007, 04:06 PM
i have something like that except it doesnt jus stick out straight, it goes in an angle a lil upwards, then its circular and thick at the end, to hold it :)
ill take a pic, but its not that pretty looking. i was thinkin bout spray painting it.

Tania
01-27-2007, 04:10 PM

Like a snowball, a flower, a TREE :hiding::uuh::muddlehea:offended:
Cat post scratch :-[
what about to make two different models :?

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I'll make my sis take a pic of her one, tis like the one Muslims sis made, but you have to take out everthing to re arrange den and stuff, but my sister don't mind :D

As for the stopper most of them go up at the end, so they don't fall out, like Tayyaba huni sed! :)

Or you could always have a crystal ball at the end LOL

'Abd al-Baari
01-27-2007, 04:30 PM
mashallah sister
i'd buy one for my mum.......but im saving up for a new laptop at the moment
lol

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Cat post scratch :-[
what about to make two different models :?
:offended:

Two different ones,

u mean one less 'tree-like'

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-27-2007, 04:39 PM
So you will buy the holder but the banglas don't imsad
Yeah but Im not married so I dont have to buy nothing :D

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Oh :muddlehea

so much for my advice, jeez!

Tania
01-27-2007, 04:42 PM
:offended:

Two different ones,

u mean one less 'tree-like'
OHhh, noo. I liked both ideas. The box shape from the first post and the tree one. Both are cute and practical.:happy:

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
LOL

the tree one :rolleyes::shade:

My invention :D

NOTTT!!

lol Tania, that post was for dangerous minds, the one dt made u upset, hehe, wasn't intended @u!

wub!

Snowflake
01-27-2007, 06:02 PM
^lol one day bro inshaAllah - glad u like it though :D

abdullah bro, no excuses.. this is way cheaper than a laptop lololol

tasmiyah sis, tnx for the idea but I reckon that would take more work. I gotta keep things simple, especially to begin with. I also intend to make a bigger one with a draw at the bottom for other jewellery. And finally scarf racks, which all sisters could do with. lol :phew

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Tell me about it,

or you could shuv it in ur sisters draws hehe

:D

Kittygyal
01-27-2007, 07:16 PM
salmualikum.
ukthi made mine yet:X but but bad thing i don't live where you do grr lol
Ma'assalama

Snowflake
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
awww I haven't started yet sis.. need a few tools :-\

Kittygyal
01-27-2007, 09:21 PM
awww I haven't started yet sis.. need a few tools :-\
salamualikum.
screw driver, nails, hammer, X-Rew lol what else? ;D haha
Ma'assalama

Snowflake
01-27-2007, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
screw driver, nails, hammer, X-Rew lol what else? ;D haha
Ma'assalama

lol wish it was that simple.. I need a tool called a router.. if it's too expensive then i'll improvise in another way. Btw, what a X-rew? lol

Kittygyal
01-27-2007, 09:28 PM
lol wish it was that simple.. I need a tool called a router.. if it's too expensive then i'll improvise in another way. Btw, what a X-rew? lol
Salamualikum
erm an 'X-rew' humm i think i mean a screw driver maybe am wrong dunno. :hiding:

&& also about a 'router' do you have it or not:? *ebay* :shade: :p
Ma'assalama

Tania
01-28-2007, 05:17 AM
The flowers looks so nice...and for women. :happy:

sudais1
01-28-2007, 05:30 AM
some funny bro's on here lol, i would buy them for family only if you pay shipping and handling and full price:D :D :D

jk but i would buy one for family

Snowflake
01-28-2007, 11:58 AM
=sudais1;639098] i would buy them for family only if you pay shipping and handling and full price:D :D :D
lol well it's free to dream bro

jk but i would buy one for family
wicked! cool! I'm happy with that.

p.s tnx to the brothers for their input :)

Kittygyal
01-28-2007, 12:31 PM
there's a gorgeous pink floral set i saw in a magazine.. i can't find it online :(

but here's one from e-bay lol

salamualikum.
ukthiiiiiii grr thats so bright the sun is going down lol, i like the other one you found on Ebay thats a nice pink && very handy i need to buy that one but ofcourse not off Ebay (Cheap && Nasty) [ahem]

you know when you make me one make a cat on it or go on *ebay* && find sticker cats if you can't draw them && stick soooo many cats/kittes okay :D

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
kitty sis, I found ur pink one on e-bay :giggling:

salamualikum.
nice one dudette that will come in handy :happy: :p

Ma'assalama

Snowflake
01-28-2007, 01:16 PM
^yeah that's nice.. the bright pink one looks tacky

I will do u a kitty with glitter and a diamante collar. (or vice-versa) How's that sound? :D

I also wanna do scarf racks.. sort of free standing revolving ones

something like this.. 6ft tall with in pretty colours and designs :?

..........|"""""""|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|________|
..........|________|

Kittygyal
01-28-2007, 01:56 PM
^yeah that's nice.. the bright pink one looks tacky

I will do u a kitty with glitter and a diamante collar. (or vice-versa) How's that sound? :D

I also wanna do scarf racks.. sort of free standing revolving ones

something like this.. 6ft tall with in pretty colours and designs :?

..........|"""""""|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|=====|
..........|________|
..........|________|
salamualikum.
yeah that will be great with a kitty with pink glitter and a diamante collar Vice-Versa lol do that if you want :D :lol:

oh you wana do for scarf's now, with scarf's it will be nice if you the rackets long && straight like you drawn && some cats 'meowing' when you take a scarf off yeah that will be fab :D
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.