/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi "Resistance" stories

Keltoi
01-27-2007, 04:52 PM
In light of the "U.S. soldiers kill 16 year old boy" thread, I thought this website might be of interest to people.

http://judicial-inc.biz/Cyte/iraqi_r...ce_stories.htm

Any thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Only that the whole thing seems something of an irrelevance, now. There is no Iraqi "resistance" if, indeed, there ever really was. The conflict is now one of slaughtering civilians in markets in Baghdad, not attacks against American occupiers. The "Muhajadeen" fantasy has finally been abandoned in the face of reality.

Keltoi
01-27-2007, 08:49 PM
After looking up more information on this "freearabvoice" website, I found that it was started by Muhammed Abu Nasr, who supposedly "translates" this stuff into English from his Arab language website Islam Memo and puts it on his website as "Iraqi Resistance Reports", and then passes it on to other propaganda sites like Jihad Unspun. These stories are known to be fake. An example would be one story he posted on his website about a "resistance" attack on a U.S. base that killed 270 soldiers. Of course this never happened.

Just thought some perspective on this source was necessary.

http://usinfo.state.gov/media/Archiv...08-205989.html

I don't expect some people to accept the info on this page, but at least use it as a starting point to find out the truth about "freearabvoice", "Islam Memo". and "Jihad Unspun".

Woodrow
01-27-2007, 09:00 PM
At the moment I do not quite know what to make of this. However if there are illegitimate sources spreading lies. That is not Islamic and they must be brought out into the open and revealed to show that they are not acting in accordance with Islam.

On the other hand if those sources are giving legitimate news, that also needs to be brought out into the open.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
At the moment I do not quite know what to make of this. However if there are illegitimate sources spreading lies. That is not Islamic and they must be brought out into the open and revealed to show that they are not acting in accordance with Islam.

On the other hand if those sources are giving legitimate news, that also needs to be brought out into the open.
Reasonable view. My hope in creating this thread was to shed a little more light on these websites and their motives, and hopefully people will look more critically at the information that comes from these sources. I suppose that is all one can ask for.

Woodrow
01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Agreed. we all need to be aware that just because a news source sounds legitimate does not mean it is. It is difficult at best to say what is true. However if the same or similar stories can be found from several sources it has a high chance of being true.

We do need to be critical of what we read.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.