PDA

View Full Version : Public Abuse Experiment Video

Umar001
01-28-2007, 04:15 PM
http://muslimr.com/videos/m12345/238/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I really thought the British were more tolerant than that. I knew from reading on these threads that life is difficult for Muslims in the UK, but it never ocurred to me that it was on all levels and that a woman just minding her own business would be a target for rudeness.

Umar001
01-28-2007, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I really thought the British were more tolerant than that. I knew from reading on these threads that life is difficult for Muslims in the UK, but it never ocurred to me that it was on all levels and that a woman just minding her own business would be a target for rudeness.
akhi,

It was en experiment, and the women doing the abuse were actors, the point was to see if any people going past would help the 'muslimah'

Woodrow
01-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for explaining. I just went back and rewatched it. I'll pass my comment off as a product of warped brain syndrome.

Looking at in that light. I would say it is typical of many people. It is very seldom you will find people willing to become involved unless there are signs of immediate physical danger.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
01-28-2007, 06:02 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

LOL

Some of them helped (awww), so many walked by :(

Hmm...

- Qatada -
01-28-2007, 06:40 PM
:salamext:

It really reminds me of these verses in Qur'an:

Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed,

And whenever they passed by them, used to wink at each other (in mockery);

And whenever they saw them, they would say, "Behold! These are the people truly astray!"

But they had not been sent as keepers over them!

But on this Day the Believers will laugh at the Unbelievers:

On Thrones (of Dignity) they will command (a sight) (of all things).

Will not the Unbelievers have been paid back for what they did?

[Qur'an Surah Al-Mutaffifin - 83: 29-36]

seeker_of_ilm
01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
:sl:

To be expected, sadly these days people are quite reluctant to intervene, regardless of whether its about race or religion, or just petty crime.

That guy walking past laughing was an idiot, "Racist, Xenophobic....but ultimately true. Some of the things they were sayin' I dunno...should they be 'ere?". What does he mean "Should they be here?" the woman being abused was Caucasian, just like him.

:w:

shible
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
This makes the hatred grow more when general civilians who really don't know it was for the media.

media may convince those who go in help for the muslimah..

but what about those who watch it from far away , how could they know the real truth.

telecasts like these should be banned instead of arguing of " Big brother"

when the felt the abuse over a woman of a nation the whole nation demanded an apology.

and who will apologize for insulting a huge community of people. Since Muslims love to be Peace and they wanted follow the Quran doesn't mean they are coward.

Instead there will be a Great reward waiting for us on the day of Resurrection. And surely Allah knows wat should happen and wat would happen.

Even a part of Muslims are also a reason for such insane works happening around the world. Since we are all divided by uneven thoughts and ideas, Instead of following only the Quran and the Hadith's a few of us started dividing the faith and Mislead a few to terrorism in the name of Jihad,

Though the word Jihad comes only when all your rights are abducted but if it is with Iraq, Afganisthan, Palestine, chechenya or Lebanon then i shall agree on it. but wat happened with other nations they used the name Jihad to terrorise the people

Due to Which the Real people who are suffering are also added on the Same category as terrorists.

Whom to blame , and who shall answer, Isn't there no other way than war to end this hatred................

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 04:38 PM
That is so sad that all of those people walked by. It reminds me of a news special I saw a few months ago about how would you react. They set up stuff like that all across the US and taped peoples reaction. It was really sad to see how many people would keep walking when they saw a man slap a woman.

For me it may not be my business what happens between two strangers, but if you are gonna do something right in front of me then you just made it my business. There have been many times that I have seen someone getting picked on or bullied and I always try to stop it. Growing up I got picked on alot so I know how it feels. But what feels worse then getting picked on is knowing that no one is going to help you. I never want to make someone feel that way.

Umar001
01-31-2007, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
That is so sad that all of those people walked by. It reminds me of a news special I saw a few months ago about how would you react. They set up stuff like that all across the US and taped peoples reaction. It was really sad to see how many people would keep walking when they saw a man slap a woman.

For me it may not be my business what happens between two strangers, but if you are gonna do something right in front of me then you just made it my business. There have been many times that I have seen someone getting picked on or bullied and I always try to stop it. Growing up I got picked on alot so I know how it feels. But what feels worse then getting picked on is knowing that no one is going to help you. I never want to make someone feel that way.
Yea but in some cases, like, I mean there was a fight, me and some brothers went to stop it and to calm some of those participating, and in the end, we ended up getting searched by the police.

So in honesty, I can see why some people wont help, it sounds cruel, but I mean, why should I have to be humiliated when all I tried to do was help.

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Yea but in some cases, like, I mean there was a fight, me and some brothers went to stop it and to calm some of those participating, and in the end, we ended up getting searched by the police.

So in honesty, I can see why some people wont help, it sounds cruel, but I mean, why should I have to be humiliated when all I tried to do was help.
See for me I guess it is different.
The humiliation of getting searched by the police wouldn't keep my up at night and make me feel bad about myself.
But not stepping in to help someone who couldn't help themselves would. I couldn't bear the guilt of not trying to do something.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.