/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Same ayahs in same salaah?

afriend
01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Is it permissible to read the same surah/ayahs you read in the same salah?

For example; Say i read surah Ikhlas in the first rakah, and again in the second rakah...

Is this permissible?

Thanks for your time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
01-28-2007, 06:20 PM
you can ignore me later....But I need an answer fast. If somebody would kindly reply...Call yourselves Muslims....:rollseyes

Beblessed
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
lol u got the same question that i wanted to ask
Yeah I was wonder that aswell

adamtaufique
01-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
A man heard another man reciting (Surat-Al-Ikhlas) 'Say He is Allah, (the) One...' repeatedly. The next morning he came to Allah's Apostle and informed him about it as if he thought that it was not enough to recite. On that Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, this Surah is equal to one-third of the Qur'an!"

My brother, Qatada bin An-Nau'man said, "A man performed the night prayer late at night in the lifetime of the Prophet and he read: 'Say: He is Allah, (the) One,' (112.1) and read nothing besides that. The next morning a man went to the Prophet, and told him about that . (The Prophet replied the same as (in Hadith 532) above.)

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...ml#006.061.533

Point being is that the prophet (salallahu alayhe wa sallam) never forbad him from doing so.

And Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
01-29-2007, 10:06 AM
:rollseyes JazakAllah khair :smile:

Malaikah
01-29-2007, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adamtaufique
A man heard another man reciting (Surat-Al-Ikhlas) 'Say He is Allah, (the) One...' repeatedly. The next morning he came to Allah's Apostle and informed him about it as if he thought that it was not enough to recite. On that Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, this Surah is equal to one-third of the Qur'an!"
:sl:

I thought that person read another surah with it as well though?:?

lolwatever
01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=65562&ln=eng

hope tht helps inshalah

tc salams

sevgi
01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
from what i was taught, it is makrooh...but i have absolutely no evidence for u..maybe i can find some..let u know soon iqram....:D

lolwatever
01-29-2007, 10:53 AM
^ the abuv article says its perfectly fine inshalah :thumbs_up:

tc salamz

Beblessed
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Jazkhallah khair !

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.